Mar 26 - Coronavirus unemployment benefits. Here's who qualifies.

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+56  126
80 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 week ago '04        #1
9818 page views
181 comments

Yelsgnik  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 1301 1 K  Slaps total: 72 72
Mar 26 - Coronavirus unemployment benefits. Here's who qualifies.

By Sahil Kapur and Josh Lederman

WASHINGTON ó The coronavirus relief package dramatically expands unemployment insurance to for the jobless during the outbreak, aimed at easing the suffering imposed by the crisis as claims last week topped 3 million and shattered records.

The $2 trillion bill, which was passed the Senate and is set to be approved by the House on Friday, creates two main categories of benefits for individuals. The first is Pandemic Unemployment a*sistance, which covers people who are unable to work because of the coronavirus outbreak ó that includes independent contractors, gig workers, sick people and those caring for a loved one during the outbreak. The second is an extra $600 per week over the next four months for those who are out of work and getting jobless benefits in their state.

The unemployment benefits are worth an estimated $260 billion, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The unemployment benefits come alongside direct cash payments to individuals and relief for businesses and the health care sector.

Here are some questions and answers on how the unemployment benefits work:

Q: I just lost my job. What kind of help can I get?
Once you're on unemployment insurance in your state, you will be eligible for an extra $600 per week in emergency federal compensation through July 31, 2020. That's in addition to what you'll receive in state benefits.

Q: Do I get that $600 if I was already getting unemployment before the outbreak?
Yes.

Q: I'm working from home. Can I get any benefits?
Sorry. People who are employed and working from home aren't eligible.

Q: What if I worked part time or had my hours cut?
It depends on your state. Some provide benefits to part-time workers, but others don't.

It's a similar situation for those whose hours are cut. The bill provides funding for states that want to provide benefits when companies slashed workers' hours without laying them off. But not every state provides those benefits, and it appears the federal government is deferring to them on this.

Q: I had just found a job when coronavirus hit, but I hadn't started work. Will I be eligible?
Yes. If you were scheduled to start a job, but lost the job or are unable to get to it as a result of coronavirus, you'll be eligible.

Q: I'm self-employed and didn't previously qualify for unemployment. Am I eligible now?
Yes. This bill creates a new program, called Pandemic Unemployment a*sistance, that extends benefits to gig workers, contractors and others who wouldn't otherwise qualify for unemployment compensation but cannot work due to the coronavirus emergency. You'll get the $600 per week, plus half the average unemployment benefit in your state.

Q: $600 is more than I made before losing my job. Will they cut my benefit?
No. If you qualify for unemployment, the $600 per week applies regardless of what your salary was. (There was a last-minute kerfuffle where a few Senate Republicans tried to reduce the benefits for those who were earning less, but that effort failed.)

Q: Are unemployment benefits taxable income?
Yes.

Q: What if I'm sick or caring for a sick family member. Will they help me?
You should be eligible for a*sistance once you certify that you're ordinarily able and willing to work but can't because of the virus emergency. That includes if you've tested positive or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, or if you're caring for a member of your household or family who has been diagnosed with the illness.

You should also be covered if you're out of work due to an inability to reach the office due to a quarantine imposed as a direct result of the coronavirus crisis.

Q: What happens when my state unemployment benefits run out?
In most states, people who lose their job can typically get up to 26 weeks of unemployment, and then it stops, even if you haven't found a new job. This bill will provide another 13 weeks once it runs out. After those 39 weeks, if an "extended benefits" program is triggered, that can provide an additional 13 to 20 weeks of compensation.

Q: How long do I have to be out of work to start getting benefits?
Some states require a one-week waiting period for people who become unemployed before they start collecting benefits. Under this bill, Washington will pick up the full cost for states that want to provide those benefits immediately, instead of waiting one week. But ultimately, itís up to the state you live in to decide whether to provide benefits during that first week.

Q: I might've lied to claim benefits. What happens to me?
If you knowingly misrepresented your situation, you could be cut off from receiving any further pandemic unemployment compensation and face a fine and jail time under the law.

visit this link https://www.nbcnews.com/p .. getanybenefits
+20   

best
worst
181 comments

1 week ago '07        #2
Pos 
space
space
Props total: 10024 10 K  Slaps total: 2202 2 K
damn, so everyone who was already getting unemployment is getting the increase too?

that’s love
+52   

1 week ago '15        #3
Brewklyner 
space
space
Props total: 11169 11 K  Slaps total: 3789 3 K
Crazy crazy line on the phone and online website is crashing
+19   

1 week ago '04        #4
Yelsgnik  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
space
 Pos said
damn, so everyone who was already getting unemployment is getting the increase too?

thatís love
I fall into this boat. I quit my job a lil over a month ago and I was awarded benefits because I claimed mental issues. (I hated that damn job) I got my first weekly payment of $464 on tuesday. The max you can get weekly is like $498. With that extra 600 i will be sitting at $1064 every week. Im not a bum by no means but this is a blessing for me. I just started my business and this will give me time to focus and get it off the ground.
+97   

1 week ago '07        #5
Pos 
space
space
 Yelsgnik said
I fall into this boat. I quit my job a lil over a month ago and I was awarded benefits because I claimed mental issues. (I hated that damn job) I got my first weekly payment of $464 on tuesday. The max you can get weekly is like $498. With that extra 600 i will be sitting at $1064 every week. Im not a bum by no means but this is a blessing for me. I just started my business and this will give me time to focus and get it off the ground.
thatís love bro

I fall into this category too, I was let go in February and I just started collecting......I cashed out my 401k, got my income tax check, and the company just sent me a big check in back pay

now I get this government check, plus this.....I already have interviews lined up but their pushed back now, gonna chill for a minute
+41   

1 week ago '04        #6
Yelsgnik  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
space
 Pos said
thatís love bro

I fall into this category too, I was let go in February and I just started collecting......I cashed out my 401k, got my income tax check, and the company just sent me a big check in back pay

now I get this government check, plus this.....I already have interviews lined up but their pushed back now, gonna chill for a minute
you will be good for a while. there is nothing wrong with kicking back for a lil bit.
+13   

1 week ago '10        #7
JudasHatesJesus 
space
space
Props total: 9364 9 K  Slaps total: 1608 1 K
sh*t sucks for those of us still working. Unemployed people will be making more money than those working. We still get $1200 check but that’s pennies compared to the $600 every week for 4 months
+38   

1 week ago '07        #8
Pos 
space
space
 Yelsgnik said
you will be good for a while. there is nothing wrong with kicking back for a lil bit.
no shame here bro I work hard and save a ton, was supposed to be taking a few vacations but not now
+2   

1 week ago '19        #9
Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 12000 12 K  Slaps total: 18589 18 K
Scientists say the pandemic is likely to be brought to an end in one of two ways: with a vaccine, or by achieving so-called herd immunity, which occurs when a large percentage of the population—half or more—survives infection and develops immunity to the virus. An effective treatment would also help slow the contagion and reduce the risk.

All three are problematic. Millions of people would have to be infected, and many would die before herd immunity is reached, experts say. A vaccine is likely to take much longer than a year to develop and be made widely available, said Kristian Andersen, an infectious-disease researcher at Scripps Research in La Jolla, Calif. New drugs also are not easy to develop.

1 week ago '15        #10
MichaelVickStan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 23463 23 K  Slaps total: 6827 6 K
Bum a*s n*ggas finna be eating good while i still gotta work
+80   

1 week ago '09        #11
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 28636 28 K  Slaps total: 5151 5 K
Damn I rather be unemployed right now
+10   

1 week ago '09        #12
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 28636 28 K  Slaps total: 5151 5 K
 MichaelVickStan said
Bum a*s n*ggas finna be eating good while i still gotta work
I know right
+6   

1 week ago '15        #13
Toast2DaKing 
space
space
Props total: 875 875  Slaps total: 93 93
 JudasHatesJesus said
sh*t sucks for those of us still working. Unemployed people will be making more money than those working. We still get $1200 check but thatís pennies compared to the $600 every week for 4 months
If you're employed, it has nothing to do with you in the first place.

1 week ago '17        #14
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4231 4 K  Slaps total: 2156 2 K
I don’t wanna qualify

I wanna work
+20   

1 week ago '17        #15
Baker 
space
space
Props total: 835 835  Slaps total: 139 139
There should be SOME form of penalty on the back end for cellecting unemployment. I filed as well, basically because I couldn’t find a reason not to. I have plenty saved up and would be fine without it, but please enlighten me on the CONS of receiving this benefit

1 week ago '17        #16
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 21555 21 K  Slaps total: 8136 8 K
 JudasHatesJesus said
sh*t sucks for those of us still working. Unemployed people will be making more money than those working. We still get $1200 check but thatís pennies compared to the $600 every week for 4 months
Employed folks still get to make money... no one asked to be laid off. Which is different from being fired, or too lazy to find a job

I was laid off, and ready to go back to work, but Iím forced to stay my a*s home. So yea, the government gonna have to bite that bullet

Itís like dadís who WANT to see and take care of their kids, but the mom says ďno! Imma collect child supportĒ. Lots of us WANT to work!
+21   

1 week ago '07        #17
Pos 
space
space
 59fifty said
Damn I rather be unemployed right now

+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '17        #18
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 95614 95 K  Slaps total: 39932 39 K
Man them people working jobs like fast food or Walmart gotta be tight. They making 400 every two weeks while these folks getting 600
+44   

1 week ago '15        #19
Tripsev 
space
space
space
Props total: 1222 1 K  Slaps total: 496 496
Enjoy the money if it’s above what you’ve had before, but that still ain’t sh*t, no hate, but if you looking at 600x4x4 as a change of life you got life all fu*ked up.

1 week ago '17        #20
yousabitch 
space
space
space
Props total: 9908 9 K  Slaps total: 2130 2 K
I just got laid off. It was temporary on Friday. Got the call today it’s permanent. I just filed unemployment so thank you for the extra 600 a week I get the summer off fu*k it .... gives me time to build my brand for my small business finally ,, hopefully i can build it and never be in the position to let another man determine my income or future
+39   

1 week ago '07        #21
Pos 
space
space
 yousabi*ch said
I just got laid off. It was temporary on Friday. Got the call today itís permanent. I just filed unemployment so thank you for the extra 600 a week I get the summer off fu*k it .... gives me time to build my brand for my small business finally ,, hopefully i can build it and never be in the position to let another man determine my income or future
+10   

1 week ago '04        #22
mpmastamind510 
space
space
Props total: 3745 3 K  Slaps total: 240 240
still working out here in CALI

Everyday pay day ain't no days off.

+4   

1 week ago '12        #23
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 87048 87 K  Slaps total: 14167 14 K
they gone pay me an extra 600 on my unemployment check???

let’s gooooooooo

Mfs need to hurry up and cut the check. Just had my unemployment interview over the phone today. Hopefully they send my card soon
+6   

1 week ago '17        #24
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 21555 21 K  Slaps total: 8136 8 K
 Baker said
There should be SOME form of penalty on the back end for cellecting unemployment. I filed as well, basically because I couldnít find a reason not to. I have plenty saved up and would be fine without it, but please enlighten me on the CONS of receiving this benefit
Iím sure this isnít the fault of anyone who has been laid off... u canít force people not to work, and then expect them to have a way to live.

The virus is affecting us all. Itís not like a regular UI. Itís a pandemic, so being penalized for getting it, that has to fall on the Government.
+4   

1 week ago '16        #25
JetLife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1204 1 K  Slaps total: 177 177
 Yelsgnik said
Good luck to you and your business.
+9   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+294online now  23
Image(s) inside Apr 4 - Iíve lost 3 family members to Coronavirus this week...
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  20
Floyd Mayweatherís daughter has been arrested after stabbing NBA YOUNGB..
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+32online now  17
Image(s) inside Young chop posted a suspect pic of waka and southside
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+76online now  11
Video inside 50 Cent reacts to SlowBucks beating up Ashantiís sister