What New Features Would You Like To See This Gen?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '05        #1
558 page views
26 comments

GodzMustBeCrazy 
space
space
Props total: 1843 1 K  Slaps total: 410 410
What New Features Would You Like To See This Gen?

No fan boy stuff here, but what new features would you like to see in this upcoming gen that haven't been announced yet?

The one I would love to have is an a*sets download option.

Meaning let's say you plan on getting a game, but haven't purchased yet I wish they would let us download the updates, 4K textures and patches for whatever game is out whether you own it yet or not. Or even day 1 patches if you intend on getting the physical copy.

There's nothing worst then getting a game and then realizing that there's a 10gb+ update smh.
+5   

best
worst
26 comments

2 weeks ago '07        #2
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
Props total: 37294 37 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
I want the ability to try out any new game, even if it's only like 30 minutes

give me something to feel out if I want to buy it or not besides watching video or reading reviews
+7   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 25577 25 K  Slaps total: 1005 1 K
 KeepinItTrill said
I want the ability to try out any new game, even if it's only like 30 minutes

give me something to feel out if I want to buy it or not besides watching video or reading reviews

Xbox already does this.

Playstation doesnt do this yet, but hopefully they catch up. If you even start the download of a game, it's yours no refunds.
+10   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 58725 58 K  Slaps total: 7499 7 K
Party chat for cross play......I know they can technically do it now but more improved. I want to be able to add any friend from any platform and be able to chat, even when I’m not playing the game
+6   

2 weeks ago '20        #5
Ryudo 
space
space
Props total: 1593 1 K  Slaps total: 214 214
More games with true cross play.

I want to play more and with anyone on every platform.
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #6
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 55830 55 K  Slaps total: 7681 7 K
A WEB BROWSER THAT ISN'T A PlECE OF sh*t
+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #7
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 19151 19 K  Slaps total: 1116 1 K
To be honest, Iím not really concerned about Ďfeaturesí more than I am brand mothafu*kiní new IP.

Iíve said it before in the exact same thread that was made before this one months ago that sequels are great. Matter of fact, when theyíre done well, we all win as gamers. That goes for anything, obviously. But the honest truth is that I want to have new stories with new characters and new universes to explore.

Letís hope for more creativity, originality and risk taking this gen.

Also, if
[spoiler - click to view]

they are going to go back to the well, I want it to be a reimagining, new and unique take on a franchise. Zelda with Wind Waker or RE7 for example... doing something new and refreshing wonít hurt anybody.
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #8
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
 1Oh said
Xbox already does this.

Playstation doesnt do this yet, but hopefully they catch up. If you even start the download of a game, it's yours no refunds.
yea I know, have you used it? I haven't but I'm guessing you have to keep track of your playtime through the progression tab on the game under the game club or w/e

2 weeks ago '11        #9
whouthinkitis 
space
space
Props total: 4279 4 K  Slaps total: 378 378
Personally, I would like to see something where you could transfer all the digital games from your library off the PS4/3 to the PS5 or to some cloud in which you can play on next gen systems.

I hate how when next-gen starts you basically have to abandon all the games you put time into. Then Sony wants to remaster damn near every game from last gen.
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #10
whouthinkitis 
space
space
Another thing I would like to see is digital game trade-in system. Something where you can get a decent trade-in values on games and not some $6 back for a $60 game.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #11
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 55830 55 K  Slaps total: 7681 7 K
 whouthinkitis said
Personally, I would like to see something where you could transfer all the digital games from your library off the PS4/3 to the PS5 or to some cloud in which you can play on next gen systems.

I hate how when next-gen starts you basically have to abandon all the games you put time into. Then Sony wants to remaster damn near every game from last gen.
Agreed. I got a handful of cheap classics on my ps3 like FFVII, FFIX, Persona 4 a bunch of others.

They need to let me use those licenses for those games on the latest console.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #12
GodzMustBeCrazy  OP
space
space
 whouthinkitis said

Sorry bro, didn't mean to slap...

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to play the majority of your Ps4's digital library at launch. Ps3 will be a no go though.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45787 45 K  Slaps total: 11617 11 K
Actual worlds, complete with weather changes over short periods, terrain changes over long periods, interior buildings houses, actual NPCs that are unique and all have their own individual role i.e. street bum or real estate developer, a system of algorithms within the game that generate sh*t we see in society like stock markets, new businesses, etc. If your game has multiple worlds, make traversal feel like how long it would be in real life, as well as fast travel.

More options in general. I love how DQ on Switch lets you play 2D or 3D. Include Gyro aiming and traditional aiming on all shooters. Have more game modes, even if it’s just as simple as time or score attack. More balanced game systems to really allow for players in competitive games to play how they truly feel on an even playing field. Level scaling on/off in RPGs. I’m sure there’s a ton more.

Less barriers of entry to make a game and get it on the console. Itd be dope if they gave us a set of dev tools but that’s never happening.

Bring back mid tier games. sh*t like Blinx, Ty The Tasmanian Tiger, Timesplitters

Proper couch multiplayer instead of severely limiting options.

More risks in these new IPs. Need more death Stranding and less Fallen Order next gen.

Finally, I want to see VR take the proper steps needed in game development instead of being just impressive enough to woo us during a 15 minute demo
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
S-Class 
space
space
Props total: 24018 24 K  Slaps total: 2582 2 K
I mean I really wasn’t even in a rush for a new gen tbh

I just want better/more quality games
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #15
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 19151 19 K  Slaps total: 1116 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Actual worlds, complete with weather changes over short periods, terrain changes over long periods, interior buildings houses, actual NPCs that are unique and all have their own individual role i.e. street bum or real estate developer, a system of algorithms within the game that generate sh*t we see in society like stock markets, new businesses, etc. If your game has multiple worlds, make traversal feel like how long it would be in real life, as well as fast travel.

More options in general. I love how DQ on Switch lets you play 2D or 3D. Include Gyro aiming and traditional aiming on all shooters. Have more game modes, even if itís just as simple as time or score attack. More balanced game systems to really allow for players in competitive games to play how they truly feel on an even playing field. Level scaling on/off in RPGs. Iím sure thereís a ton more.

Less barriers of entry to make a game and get it on the console. Itd be dope if they gave us a set of dev tools but thatís never happening.

Bring back mid tier games. sh*t like Blinx, Ty The Tasmanian Tiger, Timesplitters

Proper couch multiplayer instead of severely limiting options.

More risks in these new IPs. Need more death Stranding and less Fallen Order next gen.

Finally, I want to see VR take the proper steps needed in game development instead of being just impressive enough to woo us during a 15 minute demo

2 weeks ago '07        #16
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
 S-Class said
I mean I really wasnít even in a rush for a new gen tbh

I just want better/more quality games
I am

these current gen systems were obsolete when they released and both MS and Sony used cheap mobile phone cpu's so they could make a profit out the gate

2 weeks ago '05        #17
Flatbush85 
space
space
Props total: 5822 5 K  Slaps total: 585 585
So this isn't about Protools?
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #18
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 20718 20 K  Slaps total: 897 897
I really dont care. I just want more game innovation from developers. The stuff like more hard drive space and faster downloading will come with the advancement of gaming. I don't play online or use other additional features. Hell, I barely buy DLC
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #19
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 48748 48 K  Slaps total: 7339 7 K
 Flatbush85 said
So this isn't about Protools?
Seen the thumbnail, was like what they know about Protools
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #20
whouthinkitis 
space
space
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
Sorry bro, didn't mean to slap...

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to play the majority of your Ps4's digital library at launch. Ps3 will be a no go though.
Yeah I figure you won't when it comes to PS3 games. For some reason I do believe Sony will be making PS5 B/C how far back it might go as gaming library....Idk.

2 weeks ago '05        #21
GodzMustBeCrazy  OP
space
space
 whouthinkitis said
Yeah I figure you won't when it comes to PS3 games. For some reason I do believe Sony will be making PS5 B/C how far back it might go as gaming library....Idk.
They announced that it will be backwards compatible sith Ps4 only, and not all games will work at launch. The PS3 and Ps2 were totally different architecture, I think that's the biggest issue with BC of the earlier systems.
+1   

1 week ago '09        #22
K0ntrast 
space
space
Props total: 20353 20 K  Slaps total: 1671 1 K
Idc I just want my sh*t fast. I hate loading screens.
Crossplay chat would be nice too.
It's really on the dev's to deliver quality

1 week ago '05        #23
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 9579 9 K  Slaps total: 912 912
Cross play on everything so it doesn’t matter what console you’re on.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #24
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 31744 31 K  Slaps total: 2756 2 K
Full backwards compatibility and full phone app integration. Only reason i have spotify is to stream through the consoles but i prefer tidal i already have all my artists and playlists set up

1 week ago '20        #25
Ryudo 
space
space
Props total: 1593 1 K  Slaps total: 214 214
Come to think of it, I wouldnt mind to be able to listen to my personal music from the console like I used to be able to with the OG Xbox playing GTA
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  29
YaYa Mayweather Potentially Being Charged With Murder... Girl In Critic..
284 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-20online now  29
Image(s) inside The rest of the world wondering why NY has so many Covid Cases
89 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  24
Apr 5 - R.I.P. - Pronstar Imani Reignx Killed In Motorcycle Accident
179 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+25online now  15
Video inside Prison Inmate shows people sick and dying around him. Says they were le..
57 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy