BX truckers ....we safe broskis

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 weeks ago '18        #1
1526 page views
15 comments

iTrapStill 
space
space
Props total: 2250 2 K  Slaps total: 514 514
BX truckers ....we safe broskis

visit this link http://jalopnik.com/the-f .. -yo-1842417033

+9   

best
worst
15 comments

2 weeks ago '11        #2
southpawdachamp 
space
space
Props total: 6287 6 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
 iTrapStill said

You never had anything to worry about in the first place. Autonomous trucks taking trucker jobs is a myth. They’ll only increase productivity at least in our lifetime. Your job is safe as long as HUMANS still drive.

Last edited by southpawdachamp; 03-21-2020 at 08:27 PM..
+10   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
focusedinsight 
space
space
Props total: 387 387  Slaps total: 80 80
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #4
JohnDoe 
space
space
Props total: 9239 9 K  Slaps total: 1650 1 K
 southpawdachamp said
You never had anything to worry about in the first place. Autonomous trucks taking trucker jobs is a myth. Theyíll only increase productivity at least in our lifetime. Your job is safe as long as HUMANS still drive.
Their niche is gonna be efficiency with new pov and dash systems being integrated into electric vehicles. Their gonna tell you what lane is theshortest distance and weather data and its impact on everything logistically....with the new log books that are going into effect they can be integrated into the software to let you know when you need to be driving and when you can break etc etc.
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #5
southpawdachamp 
space
space
 JohnDoe said
Their niche is gonna be efficiency with new pov and dash systems being integrated into electric vehicles. Their gonna tell you what lane is theshortest distance and weather data and its impact on everything logistically....with the new log books that are going into effect they can be integrated into the software to let you know when you need to be driving and when you can break etc etc.
Best believe the long haul game is gonna change drastically in the next 10 years. Iím guessing your a trucker so imagine doing team driving with your truck

You gotta be off the road for x amount of hours but the trucks still going. They will continue to need yíall to do the last mile but eventually once yíall retire...everybody will be off the road...including cars. All Autonomous like one big rail road.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 70354 70 K  Slaps total: 7532 7 K
 iTrapStill said

Like I tell truckers, it'll come when ALL vehicles on the road are automated. An automated truck won't be able to deal with the insanity of humans. It's outside of our AI capabilities to have a truck know that an azzhole with his right blinker on is actually going to turn left because he forgot his blinker was on and some smoking car is going to abruptly stop in front of it because the engine blew. It'd need to communicate with other automated vehicles to understand what to do.

I'll tell you what you'll see first though, even if cars don't get automated first:

On open stretched of I80 or I70 in Nebraska and Kansas, there's no reason you can't have automated trucks bringing loads from one checkpoint to another since there's little traffic out that way and fewer variables.

Chicago though? You better have a T1000 for it to know it can't make a full turn on the street cause some azzhole has parked his car too close to the corner to make that turn. There's a million things going on at once on any busy city street.
+6   

2 weeks ago '06        #7
whammy 
space
space
Props total: 2198 2 K  Slaps total: 239 239
Anybody own their own trucking company?

I have started looking into the possibility of leasing a truck directly from a dealer and hiring a contractor to drive it.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #8
JohnDoe 
space
space
Props total: 9239 9 K  Slaps total: 1650 1 K
 whammy said

I have started looking into the possibility of leasing a truck directly from a dealer and hiring a contractor to drive it.
I know BX has a few guys who own I don't know what you would use as the search term but you can find old threads on here where getting into the business was discussed.
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #9
southpawdachamp 
space
space
 whammy said

Great idea if you got long money. Your cutting your margins already by leasing truck and not buying it. Then you’re not even driving the truck yourself. But if you got money that you don’t need to see for a return on for a min then maybe. There’s so much More to Trucking than just putting a truck on the road.
What type of loads are you planning on taking? What is the maximum capacity you plan on hauling? I advise anyone to understand business in general before they start any business they are planning on being successful. This generation keeps looking for that quick flip (not saying that’s you). That work ethic, that willingness to spend 100 nights straight doing research on a particular area of interest is gone.

My advice: get a cdl. Drive for year. Learn the rules of the road. Stack up. Buy your own truck. Then put someone in it.

Last edited by southpawdachamp; 03-22-2020 at 12:20 PM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
Ragobeer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 7537 7 K  Slaps total: 620 620
 southpawdachamp said
Great idea if you got long money. Your cutting your margins already by leasing truck and not buying it. Then youíre not even driving the truck yourself. But if you got money that you donít need to see for a return on for a min then maybe. Thereís so much More to Trucking than just putting a truck on the road.
What type of loads are you planning on taking? What is the maximum capacity you plan on hauling? I advise anyone to understand business in general before they start any business they are planning on being successful. This generation keeps looking for that quick flip (not saying thatís you). That work ethic, that willingness to spend 100 nights straight doing research on a particular area of interest is gone.

My advice: get a cdl. Drive for year. Learn the rules of the road. Stack up. Buy your own truck. Then put someone in it.
This man knows what he is talkin a bout
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
jsilerio 
space
space
Props total: 37757 37 K  Slaps total: 2258 2 K
I said this when I heard it years ago

1 week ago '15        #12
abcxyz 
space
space
Props total: 2347 2 K  Slaps total: 732 732
 southpawdachamp said
Great idea if you got long money. Your cutting your margins already by leasing truck and not buying it. Then youíre not even driving the truck yourself. But if you got money that you donít need to see for a return on for a min then maybe. Thereís so much More to Trucking than just putting a truck on the road.
What type of loads are you planning on taking? What is the maximum capacity you plan on hauling? I advise anyone to understand business in general before they start any business they are planning on being successful. This generation keeps looking for that quick flip (not saying thatís you). That work ethic, that willingness to spend 100 nights straight doing research on a particular area of interest is gone.

my father drove trucks for 35 years. asphalt, coils, slabs, etc.. he made dog sh*t when he first started. i know class a hazmat certified drivers that haul chlorine, boron triflouride, isobutylene, etc.. that dont make $25/hour. idk what job youre thinking hes going to get that other local class a drivers dont know about, but any job he gets aint gonna pay much.
+1   

7 days ago '04        #13
Jason1115 
space
space
Props total: 335 335  Slaps total: 79 79
 southpawdachamp said

This right here. I have a trucking company and this is not for anyone looking for a quick flip. Most owners will tell you how much they make but if they a real one they will tell you they spending a sh*t load on maintenance, insurance, and fuel. Finding a GOOD driver is very difficult. You can find anyone that wants to drive but to be nice about it truck drivers are a different species of humans and if you get a good one treat em right and hold on to him and PAY him! Long story short donít think about it until you have a truck paid for and about 15-20k for incidentals. Only good thing about a lease is the warranty if you getting a new one. But a monthly payment of 3-4K a month will eat up your profits if you putting a driver in it.
+1   

2 days ago '11        #14
Pakchoy 
space
space
Props total: 70708 70 K  Slaps total: 762 762
 southpawdachamp said
Best believe the long haul game is gonna change drastically in the next 10 years. Iím guessing your a trucker so imagine doing team driving with your truck

You gotta be off the road for x amount of hours but the trucks still going. They will continue to need yíall to do the last mile but eventually once yíall retire...everybody will be off the road...including cars. All Autonomous like one big rail road.
Not 100 on your statement. I drove team for Werner and Armellini and I can tell you this muvh, getting a blow out is not something I would trust an AI to handle with 78,000 pnds of produce. When I used to work for Werner and had to drive to Georgia to pick up my loads I would see and self driving truck every now and then being tested. Me and my teammate would just look and laugh at the bullsh*t. The only road I would probably let the truck do its thing would be I40 headed to Cali in New Mexico.
+1   

2 days ago '11        #15
southpawdachamp 
space
space
 Pakchoy said
Not 100 on your statement. I drove team for Werner and Armellini and I can tell you this muvh, getting a blow out is not something I would trust an AI to handle with 78,000 pnds of produce. When I used to work for Werner and had to drive to Georgia to pick up my loads I would see and self driving truck every now and then being tested. Me and my teammate would just look and laugh at the bullsh*t. The only road I would probably let the truck do its thing would be I40 headed to Cali in New Mexico.
No trucker thinks so but I respect your opinion. My brother owns his own trucking company and we have this discussion all the time. Interesting topic if you ask me.
+1   

2 days ago '17        #16
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 95618 95 K  Slaps total: 39932 39 K
Y'all weird. This ain't gonna happen fully in our lifetimes

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+297online now  29
Image(s) inside Apr 4 - Iíve lost 3 family members to Coronavirus this week...
161 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  22
YaYa Mayweather Potentially Being Charged With Murder... Girl In Critic..
248 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+32online now  14
Image(s) inside Young chop posted a suspect pic of waka and southside
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Floyd Mayweatherís daughter has been arrested after stabbing NBA YOUNGB..
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy