Feb 28 - Cali Exodus: More people are leaving state than moving in

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '18        #1
1977 page views
60 comments

Binary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 11647 11 K  Slaps total: 15788 15 K
Feb 28 - Cali Exodus: More people are leaving state than moving in

California may end up losing about 40,000 people when the population is counted for the next census, yet another sign the state’s high cost of living and housing market are having an impact.

Lawmakers say the solution must come from both the state and federal governments.

For the first time since 2010, more people moved out of California than moved in. “California has the highest personal income tax rate. They have the top 10 highest corporate income tax rate,” said Adam Michel, a senior policy analyst with the Heritage Foundation.

He says California’s high taxes and regulations have discouraged developers from working in the state. “These things make it harder to add new units. When there’s fewer houses being built, fewer apartments, it means the price has to go up,” Michel said.

“In reality what we need is middle-class relief,” Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., said.

But Chu points to other factors, including California’s failure to meet housing goals. She says Congress should do more to help. “There has to be an increased effort on building affordable housing, that’s really where our efforts should be,” Chu said.
visit this link https://fox5sandiego.com/ .. in-since-2010/

California’s Department of Finance estimates about 197,000 people moved out of the Golden State this year. Most are moving to states like Texas, Nevada and Arizona.

All this is happening as California’s economy is growing and the unemployment rate is at a record low.

But Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Calif., says that growth doesn’t reach all corners of the state. “That’s all on the coasts, man. The inland here, we’re still suffering,” he said.

LaMalfa says middle-class Californians don’t feel the benefits of the state’s growing economy. “It’s really two different worlds. That’s why so many that have the ability to are getting out,” he said.

In the short term, LaMalfa expects people to continue moving out of state in big numbers.

best
worst
60 comments

4 weeks ago '06        #2
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 55510 55 K  Slaps total: 7630 7 K

sending Cali liberals out to purple states like Texas and Alabama to flip them blue.

god I love it.
+29   

4 weeks ago '18        #3
Binary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
 Skateboard T said

sending Cali liberals out to purple states like Texas and Alabama to flip them blue.

god I love it.
Lol it’s mostly republicans moving out bozo, And people sick of Cali politics

They’ve seen the harmful Political implications that liberals have caused in Cali and want out

4 weeks ago '15        #4
PineappleOG 
space
space
Props total: 31580 31 K  Slaps total: 5895 5 K
 Skateboard T said

god I love it.
Yep Texas been showing signs it’s getting close
+13   

4 weeks ago '06        #5
Skateboard T 
space
space
 Binary said

They’ve seen the harmful Political implications that liberals have caused in Cali and want out
oh really?

Any actual data to back that up or is this just another one of your convenient lies?

Go back to the sportscenter bro, the news section is only going to bring you pain and anger. lmaoooo.
+18   

4 weeks ago '06        #6
Skateboard T 
space
space
 PineappleOG said
Texas and Georgia could flip soon. Alabama will be next. Once we flip those states it's gonna be a golden age for the remainder of our lives at least.

+10   

4 weeks ago '15        #7
PineappleOG 
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Texas and Georgia could flip soon. Alabama will be next. Once we flip those states it's gonna be a golden age for the remainder of our lives at least.

Yep them Bible Belt states don’t have the electoral votes to even matter, once Texas flips that’s a wrap. We need to get these bigots and shills the fu*k outta here. We need to get these climate science denying weirdos the fu*k out too
+13   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
Binary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
 Skateboard T said
oh really?

Any actual data to back that up or is this just another one of your convenient lies?

Go back to the sportscenter bro, the news section is only going to bring you pain and anger. lmaoooo.
So you have any data that back your claim or another one of your convenient lies?

4 weeks ago '10        #9
Frasier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13785 13 K  Slaps total: 14945 14 K
and the dumbfu*ks leaving just vote for the same sh*tty policies they voted in. High taxes= high everything else. Stupid motherfu*kers should be thrown in prison for being so stupid. Can anyone name one sustainable and efficient govt entity or program? Why the fu*k would you want the govt to have more control over sh*t. Just see how inefficient the DMV is for example.

4 weeks ago '06        #10
Skateboard T 
space
space
 Binary said
So you have any data that back your claim or another one of your convenient lies?
Not off hand but there's plenty of data showing that Texas is turning purple, so much so that and when you can use simple logical reasoning to deduce that it's actually liberal voters who are leaving California.

oh so yeah I guess I do have data to back up my claim lmao. My bad.

fu*king neutered him AGAIN
+20   

4 weeks ago '15        #11
PineappleOG 
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Not off hand but there's plenty of data showing that Texas is turning purple, so much so that and when you can use simple logical reasoning to deduce that it's actually liberal voters who are leaving California.

Not one of them can ever argue the substance, they only know how to be toxic trolls. There is nothing wrong with being conservative, these bx f*g**ts just aren't that, they don't understand the ideology they think they believe in, its sad
+11   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
space
space
Props total: 48350 48 K  Slaps total: 21855 21 K
 Binary said

You dont know anything about California.

You dont even really care about any of this.
+5   

4 weeks ago '06        #13
Skateboard T 
space
space
 PineappleOG said
Not one of them can ever argue the substance, they only know how to be toxic trolls. There is nothing wrong with being conservative, these bx f*g**ts just aren't that, they don't understand the ideology they think they believe in, its sad
Going to school in the south, I've come into contact with more conservatives than I ever had growing up. The vast majority are good people who simply appreciate small government and the free market.

I don't see a problem with differing opinions as to what economic system is most effective. I actually think it's cyclical and neither system is ALWAYS going to be best.

The only problem is when you have individuals like OP and Trump stans who weaponize conservativism as a way to normalize racist, s*xist, bigoted behavior.

Libertarians are perhaps the truest conservative ideology and by definition, they are pro-gay marriage and civil rights, pro-government criticism, pro-immigration, etc.

But hateful mfs have infiltrated these platforms to use politics and religion as an excuse to further white supremacist policies.
+8   

4 weeks ago '18        #14
Screwston Born 
space
space
Props total: 4870 4 K  Slaps total: 840 840
Just to add to the TX convo up top, the minorities in TX are largely Democrats, and bigger cities In TX have been liberal for decades.

The biggest issues we've faced is voter suppression and a racist, archaic justice system that targets minorities disproportionately leaving them politically silenced (which is why I support Bernie's stance on prisoners voting).

The numbers have always been here to be blue, we've just had to overcome TPTB in order for our voice to be heard.

Cali liberals are adding to the numbers for sure though.
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #15
cabeast93 
space
space
space
Props total: 2496 2 K  Slaps total: 478 478
Good cause traffic sucks in every metro area
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #16
GrezyNclean  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 2285 2 K  Slaps total: 364 364
 Skateboard T said
Going to school in the south, I've come into contact with more conservatives than I ever had growing up. The vast majority are good people who simply appreciate small government and the free market.

I don't see a problem with differing opinions as to what economic system is most effective. I actually think it's cyclical and neither system is ALWAYS going to be best.

The only problem is when you have individuals like OP and Trump stans who weaponize conservativism as a way to normalize racist, s*xist, bigoted behavior.

Libertarians are perhaps the truest conservative ideology and by definition, they are pro-gay marriage and civil rights, pro-government criticism, pro-immigration, etc.

But hateful mfs have infiltrated these platforms to use politics and religion as an excuse to further white supremacist policies.
100% completely agree. To be fair tho both sides weaponize ideology (far left and the whole intersectionality thing they got going)
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #17
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 18855 18 K  Slaps total: 1477 1 K
 Skateboard T said

god I love it.
Don't forget about Idaho
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #18
imthatinfamous 
space
space
Props total: 10967 10 K  Slaps total: 4298 4 K
 Skateboard T said

you posted two opinion columns...literally says "IDEAS" for the section of the paper

4 weeks ago '06        #19
imthatinfamous 
space
space
Props total: 10967 10 K  Slaps total: 4298 4 K
For those in this thread that are looking at one side of the coin...you know the more residents that leave California the more electoral votes California will lose, right?

4 weeks ago '18        #20
wildish  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
space
space
space
Props total: 9236 9 K  Slaps total: 5200 5 K
stay in the sh*thole you created in California stop moving to Texas & bringing your democratic ish here.......you made cali a 3rd world homeless thug illegal alien drug fueled mess

4 weeks ago '18        #21
set117  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 7322 7 K  Slaps total: 864 864
 PineappleOG said
Not if those cheatin fu*ks keep gerrymandering.

4 weeks ago '17        #22
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 107760 107 K  Slaps total: 11673 11 K
Less traffic

+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #23
satchseven 
space
space
space
Props total: 3010 3 K  Slaps total: 1106 1 K
 Frasier said
and the dumbfu*ks leaving just vote for the same sh*tty policies they voted in. High taxes= high everything else. Stupid motherfu*kers should be thrown in prison for being so stupid. Can anyone name one sustainable and efficient govt entity or program? Why the fu*k would you want the govt to have more control over sh*t. Just see how inefficient the DMV is for example.
Cause private industry unchecked leads to dead bodies

4 weeks ago '19        #24
satchseven 
space
space
space
Props total: 3010 3 K  Slaps total: 1106 1 K
 wildish said
stay in the sh*thole you created in California stop moving to Texas & bringing your democratic ish here.......you made cali a 3rd world homeless thug illegal alien drug fueled mess
Hey the gop been running Mississippi and Alabama for decades how come they are not utopia?
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #25
A Cold Game 
space
space
space
Props total: 11351 11 K  Slaps total: 1531 1 K
 Binary said

Foh

People are going back home and natives are moving away.

People with money are still moving in...
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  39
Video inside Trav Tells The REAL Reason Why 50 Threw Yayo In The Bushes, Fell Out w/..
230 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Mar 27 - The coronavirus pandemic is exploding in Louisiana
111 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+20online now  19
Video inside Da Brat receives a New Bentley from her Fiance Big Booty judy!
187 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+127online now  13
Article inside Benny The Butcher Goin' Hard on his Wife "I’ll be on it at ya Funeral"
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy