So Dave Chappelle DID Do the “Drag Ritual”

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '19        #1
4280 page views
61 comments

ITL 
space
space
Props total: 53 53  Slaps total: 3 3
So Dave Chappelle DID Do the “Drag Ritual”

?
Had never seen this before...

Last edited by ITL; 02-29-2020 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: Context
+16   

best
worst
61 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
Capital D  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
space
space
Props total: 5776 5 K  Slaps total: 5751 5 K
But this isn’t news though just because you’re just finding things out doesn’t mean you discovered ground breaking news.
+26   

1 month ago '19        #3
Witness102  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
space
Props total: 4368 4 K  Slaps total: 824 824

+3   

1 month ago '15        #4
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 39983 39 K  Slaps total: 5900 5 K
 Capital D said
But this isn’t news though just because you’re just finding things out doesn’t mean you discovered ground breaking news.
Have ya not noticed the same 10-20 threads that get posted here 2-4x a year here? And I’ve only been here since ‘15.

They think they really got something too.

Just like when somebody famous dies. Tinfoil detectives bring up some sht everyone knows, or blames it on the same 3-5 culprits, thinks they only ones who noticed random things if there’s a video, and swears they woke, or on to some brilliant theory nobody thought of. I think internet tinfoils have they own algorithms and it’s trained the nerds who really totally live on it to think to the same algorithm.

Last edited by DamianDragunov; 02-27-2020 at 12:48 AM..
+15   

1 month ago '20        #5
Capital D  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
space
space
Props total: 5776 5 K  Slaps total: 5751 5 K
 DamianDragunov said
Have ya not noticed the same 10-20 threads that get posted here 2-4x a year here? And I’ve only been here since ‘15.

They think they really got done thing too.

Just like when somebody fameous dies. Tinfoil detectives bring up some sht everyone knows, or blames it on the same 3-5 culprits, thinks they only one white noticed random things if there’s a video, and swears they woke, or on to some brilliant theory nobody thought of. I swear internet has its own algorithms and it’s trained the nerds who really live on it to think to the same algorithm.
Yeah it’s funny I repost on purpose sometimes just to watch the same idiots post in it like it’s brand new

1 month ago '13        #6
EZ Green 
space
space
Props total: 48774 48 K  Slaps total: 6457 6 K
I never saw this before...
+49   

1 month ago '16        #7
Recession  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 23981 23 K  Slaps total: 4223 4 K
Damn y'all heard that new Jay Z song I think It's called Ghetto Techno
+9   

1 month ago '04        #8
Essentials72 
space
space
Props total: 453 453  Slaps total: 65 65
Dude wore the dress in Robin Hood: men in tights
+34   

1 month ago '16        #9
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17515 17 K  Slaps total: 34787 34 K

It's not news but more attention needs to be drawn to the fact that Chappelle is a fraud, so people will stop going around repeating his jokes as gospel.

People actually really let Dave Chappelle do their thinking for them out here. That guy was never any different from the rest of them, and you could easily argue he's worse because he pretends to tell the truth.

1 month ago '16        #10
space
space
And actually, anybody you'll ever find with a show on Comedy Central cannot be trusted.

"CC" = "33".

1 month ago '14        #11
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 36166 36 K  Slaps total: 6352 6 K
I thought this would be the Robin Hood clip but this is much worse and its crazy that he denied ever doing a dress and called it corny on the set of blue streak I guess he thought people would not fact check his lies just like kevin hart said he never wore a dress but he wore one on snl when he dressed up like the little girl at the Oscars. This also proves that Chappelle has been around a long time and his mother being Asian has opened a lot of doors for him to get a million chances at fame so all his acting like he made it on his own through hard work only is bullsh*t. They kept on trying to force him into shows and pilots and movies and if the big bang theory was made 10 years earlier he would have played the token minority Raj character except of course he would be from a black island or country. Dave is a lot like Kendrick Lamar you can see they are industry plants but so many people are fooled you will get shouted down when you point out what they were at first in their careers and then the switch over to what appears to be pro black but what is really just respectability politics and basically a revision of the poundcake speech from cosby. Chappelle had a platform to really promote the importance of reparations but he turned it into a false stereotyped ignorant racist joke. You can tell the difference when its he or Neal who wrote a joke about black people.
+3   

1 month ago '16        #12
space
space
Yeah, apologies OP.

I know about Chappelle but this needs to go front page. I've never seen this.

Much better demonstration. Stop putting your faith in any person brought to you via the mass media, because there's a reason they're in their position.
+10   

1 month ago '20        #13
CorleoneShakur 
space
space
space
Props total: 558 558  Slaps total: 90 90
 Essentials72 said
True.

But when Dave was on Oprah he never made a statement against wearing a dress. He never said he WOULDNT wear a dress.

He told a story about one time where he refused to wear the dress and the pressure he received.
He then simply asked why do they always want to put black men in dresses. He never even condemned the wearing of dresses. He just asked the question....which has YET to be answered or discussed further
+31   

1 month ago '20        #14
CorleoneShakur 
space
space
space
 144000 said
Yeah, apologies OP.

I know about Chappelle but this needs to go front page. I've never seen this.

Much better demonstration. Stop putting your faith in any person brought to you via the mass media, because there's a reason they're in their position.
How does this matter though? Dave never claimed he hadn't worn a dress or wouldnt in the future. He spoke about a particular incident that made him question WHY they wanted him to do it so badly.
+9   

1 month ago '16        #15
space
space
 CorleoneShakur said
How does this matter though? Dave never claimed he hadn't worn a dress or wouldnt in the future. He spoke about a particular incident that made him question WHY they wanted him to do it so badly.
Listen, whatever.

If he was telling the truth, he should have disclosed that he'd done this himself in the past. You're acting like his legal representative, arguing technicalities.

If you want to believe in Dave Chappelle or the Oprah show, that's for you. This person was throwing the signs up for the camera immediately after the "Africa trip."
+3   

1 month ago '20        #16
CorleoneShakur 
space
space
space
 titans7 said
I thought this would be the Robin Hood clip but this is much worse and its crazy that he denied ever doing a dress and called it corny on the set of blue streak I guess he thought people would not fact check his lies just like kevin hart said he never wore a dress but he wore one on snl when he dressed up like the little girl at the Oscars. This also proves that Chappelle has been around a long time and his mother being Asian has opened a lot of doors for him to get a million chances at fame so all his acting like he made it on his own through hard work only is bullsh*t. They kept on trying to force him into shows and pilots and movies and if the big bang theory was made 10 years earlier he would have played the token minority Raj character except of course he would be from a black island or country. Dave is a lot like Kendrick Lamar you can see they are industry plants but so many people are fooled you will get shouted down when you point out what they were at first in their careers and then the switch over to what appears to be pro black but what is really just respectability politics and basically a revision of the poundcake speech from cosby. Chappelle had a platform to really promote the importance of reparations but he turned it into a false stereotyped ignorant racist joke. You can tell the difference when its he or Neal who wrote a joke about black people.
You're projecting alot of your perceptions onto Dave. He never claimed to have a Kevin Hart story of "outworking" his competition. If they were trying to force him on us so bad why wasnt he in blockbuster movies when the Chappelle Show was on fire?? They put Kevin Hart into movies with A List as a co star because they are forcing him onto us.

Nobody saw Kevin Hart as a comedic genius in Soul Plane. Yet he ended up being the 2nd biggest black movie star of the last decade.

Youre projecting alot of a*sumptions onto Dave that you arent valid
+10   

1 month ago '17        #17
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 11283 11 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
First time seeing this and that was a spot on impression of Robin. LMAOOOOOOOOO
+3   

1 month ago '04        #18
Essentials72 
space
space
Props total: 453 453  Slaps total: 65 65
 CorleoneShakur said
True.

But when Dave was on Oprah he never made a statement against wearing a dress. He never said he WOULDNT wear a dress.

He told a story about one time where he refused to wear the dress and the pressure he received.
He then simply asked why do they always want to put black men in dresses. He never even condemned the wearing of dresses. He just asked the question....which has YET to be answered or discussed further

There's been a lot of men who have worn the dress ( even white) for comedic reasons. Back then it was funny not so much now. Also I think people make a bigger deal out of than it should be. If the role calls for it and the actor has to show their skill I don't see a problem. But to have a non method actor wear it I can see where people are coming from. Also sh*ts just acting so I don't take it to heart because if they're somewhat of a decent actor were not seeing the real person anyways. Also men in the time of Shakespeare always played women roles since women weren't valued. In the name of acting this sh*t I expect but we don't really have that today but get "entertained". In the name of entertainment I see no reason why a man would wear a dress other than comedic purposes if you get what I'm saying.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #19
pharoahX 
space
space
Props total: 1900 1 K  Slaps total: 210 210
 144000 said

It's not news but more attention needs to be drawn to the fact that Chappelle is a fraud, so people will stop going around repeating his jokes as gospel.

People actually really let Dave Chappelle do their thinking for them out here. That guy was never any different from the rest of them, and you could easily argue he's worse because he pretends to tell the truth.
What do you have to back up this slander?
+2   

1 month ago '16        #20
space
space
 pharoahX said
What do you have to back up this slander?
If your response was to stop and ask me this, rather than simply pressing play on the video I put in your face, we have nothing further to discuss.

I don't have time for rhetorical games. You don't want to know anything really, so go along with your day.

1 month ago '14        #21
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 70794 70 K  Slaps total: 20599 20 K
1. No such thing as "the ritual" as dressing as the opposite s*x is a trope as old as modern comedy

2. The n*gga had already dressed up in a weave and t*tties, and womens garb in "Robin Hood Men in Tights" (also in 1993)

But I know n*ggas love Chappelle so y'all gon rationalize it. Even though when he gave that first interview throwing all the other black comedians under the bus he SHOULD HAVE prefaced it with "this is something I have done in the past too" instead of acting holier than thou

But I digress
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #22
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22586 22 K  Slaps total: 2397 2 K
Doesn't matter. Sheep gonna sheep. It's what makes them sheep. I just like to see who's who so I can stay the fu*k away from them. Every man is just a man

1 month ago '16        #23
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 31092 31 K  Slaps total: 1643 1 K
 Essentials72 said
came to post this

+4   

1 month ago '17        #24
Woke4eva 
space
space
space
Props total: 3578 3 K  Slaps total: 596 596
 EZ Green said
I never saw this before...
Me neither. I thought he said he was against it?

This does look like it was before his Oprah interview though.

1 month ago '15        #25
lil titty slurp 
space
space
Props total: 3860 3 K  Slaps total: 543 543
Never knew he did this but as a culture we gotta stop letting some sh*t from 30 years ago that we didn’t even know about 30 minutes ago invalidate a whole career timeline of being solid.

Who’s to say that moments like this didn’t shape the philosophies that made him be so vocal against the dress or walk away from however many millions? Bruh was probably 18-22 and desperate to get on and not realizing the bigger play of being used to down a black woman and being put in drag at that.

Only peculiar thing is that he would specifically talk about the dress and not mention that he got “got” before too. If I’m Martin Jamie Kevin or whoever (and I wouldn’t be because I ain’t wearing that sh*t) then I’m looking at that kinda funny style.
+5   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+223online now  26
Well, one of us has covid-19.
423 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-56online now  18
Image(s) inside Bhad Bhabie has completed her transformation to enter the African Amer..
197 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+104online now  10
Video inside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 full movie
71 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Have You Ever Felt Finessed By A Video Game?
102 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy