Feb 26 - Bernie to Raise Taxes on Middle and Low Income Workers to Pay for Medicare

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '08        #1
3029 page views
119 comments

rfessler1 
space
space
Props total: 2941 2 K  Slaps total: 1609 1 K
Feb 26 - Bernie to Raise Taxes on Middle and Low Income Workers to Pay for Medicare

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has been one of the strongest supporters and advocates of Medicare for All. After all, he wrote the original bill for the system. While some of the other 2020 Democrats have said they wouldn't raise taxes on average families, Sanders has been upfront and honest that taxes would need to be raised in order to pay for this new system. But he has argued those tax increases would actually cost Americans less in the long run.

Bernie has targeted the wealthy, saying they should "pay their fair share" (whatever that means), but he hasn't been very descriptive about what tax increases would look like if his Medicare for All plan was implemented. During a town hall meeting in Salem, New Hampshire, Sanders laid out the tax proposal a*sociated with his plan.

“What we will do — what we will do is have a four percent tax on income exempting the first $29,000," he told a cheering crowd. "All right, good. You — you’re better at arithmetic than I am. Because what that means is if you are that average family in the middle who makes $60,000 a year, that means we’re going to tax you on $31,000 at four percent.”

There are a few problems with this proposal:

Is the $29,000 exemption for couples then? What is the exemption, if any, for singles? Is it safe to a*sume that exemption would be $14,500 (half of what he proposed for families)?

Bernie has said this would be a tax increase, so everyone would pay four percent on everything they make over the threshold he established, although that isn't even very clear. Even with that exemption, that raises taxes on the poor and middle class, the very people Sanders has said he aims to protect.
Recommended
Whispers: Are There Some Democrats Who Are Willing to Jump Ship Over a Bernie Nomination?
Matt Vespa

Not only that but this proposal runs counter intuitive to his $15/hour minimum wage proposal. If he wanted everyone to make, at a minimum, $15/hour or $31,200 a year, even the so-called "working poor" would have their taxes increased.

A single person making $31,200 with an exemption of $14,500 would still have to pay four percent more on $16,700, which is almost $700 a year. That's a lot of money, especially for someone making minimum wage.

visit this link https://townhall.com/tips .. r-all-n2557051

best
worst
119 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Fauby 
space
space
Props total: 18007 18 K  Slaps total: 2251 2 K
What would you rather?

Pay a 5% tax and free healthcare
Or
No tax and $50,000 doctor bill to see a doctor?
+81   

1 month ago '04        #3
ohhohh 
space
space
Props total: 4804 4 K  Slaps total: 482 482
 Fauby said
What would you rather?

Pay a 5% tax and free healthcare
Or
No tax and $50,000 doctor bill to see a doctor?
You gotta think, there are folks in this nation that don't give a damn about Trump's taxpaying golfing vacations, but get mad when tax payer dollars are being used to remove Confederate statues.

......the times we live in.
+45   

1 month ago '06        #4
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 92101 92 K  Slaps total: 11109 11 K
Uhhhh so free health care top to bottom and a slight increase in taxes? No brainer to me lol. No different than paying in to my benefits at work which is 200 a month lol. Still have co pays (it's hella small but still) still pay for scripts (hella small again but still) I'd take Medicare for all ya bish

Last edited by Darell_ftb; 02-26-2020 at 07:45 PM..
+41   

1 month ago '15        #5
MemphisBleek 
space
space
Props total: 5326 5 K  Slaps total: 2463 2 K
A single person making $31,200 with an exemption of $14,500 would still have to pay four percent more on $16,700, which is almost $700 a year. That's a lot of money, especially for someone making minimum wage

700 a year is like 50 something a month in taxes.

Take it .
+15   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '06        #6
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 28292 28 K  Slaps total: 6956 6 K
 Darell_ftb said
Uhhhh so free health care. Top to bottom and a slight increase in taxes no brainer we to me lol. No different than laying in to my benefits at work which is 200 a month lol. Still have co pays (it's hella small but still) still pay for scripts (hella small again but still) I'd take Medicare for all ya bish
Exactly...over here telling about raising taxes on these people $700 per year (about $60 per month) and ignoring theybwill no longer have the premiums and out of pocket expenses u till the deductible is met

People cant do simple research and let these articles brainwash them
+30   

1 month ago '06        #7
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 92101 92 K  Slaps total: 11109 11 K
 MemphisBleek said
A single person making $31,200 with an exemption of $14,500 would still have to pay four percent more on $16,700, which is almost $700 a year. That's a lot of money, especially for someone making minimum wage

700 a year is like 50 something a month in taxes.

Take it .
Yeah but it's still a lot cheaper than what they're paying now. Subtract what they pay into their benefits, then prescriptions, co pays. That's dental and for health. Still comes out better for that person imo.
+7   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '06        #8
philly337 
space
space
 BillyBoyo said
It hilarious you guys know how much this will cost when no one does and the government is famous for overspending. Not to mention our health care is more expensive than many other nations because of how unhealthy this country is, everyone is overweight. Mix that in with his new border policy I willing to make a bet with anyone it Will cost much more than a 5% tax raise. Lets also add how the bill will be amended to death.

Bernie supporters treat everything as simple math when sh*t really be calculus.

In Europe healthcare for all doesnt include preventive medicine and they still have private insurance but Bernie wants to get rid of that. That makes his plan even more ridiculous but Bernie supporters are a cult and if you question what Bernie says they attack you.
Who's alias is this

It is simple math dummy. We know about what Americans spend each year in health care. We know how much each tier group makes per year. You can do basically math with each tier group at such and such rate to make sure the expense is covered (which has already been done by outside research)

Man yall are dumb as fu*k. Just like these trump tax cuts....they could calculate damn near to the dollar what it would raise the deficit. You can also calculate how much to raise taxes (mainly on the wealthy who dont pay sh*t) to knock that deficit out.

It's not as hard as you're making it...
+13   

1 month ago '17        #9
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 47417 47 K  Slaps total: 10469 10 K
I get that this will ultimately cost less for the taxpayer, but it will take years to see the difference. The average voter is happy with trump saving them $100 now even though it's gonna cost them thousands down the road. Bernie is gonna have an extremely hard time beating trump running on raising taxes even it's a 50 cent increase. Sadly, the average American is simple-minded.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #10
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 95265 95 K  Slaps total: 6849 6 K
 Darell_ftb said
Yeah but it's still a lot cheaper than what they're paying now. Subtract what they pay into their benefits, then prescriptions, co pays. That's dental and for health. Still comes out better for that person imo.
Bingo.

1 month ago '12        #11
OldBusiness 
space
space
 philly337 said
Who's alias is this

It is simple math dummy. We know about what Americans spend each year in health care. We know how much each tier group makes per year. You can do basically math with each tier group at such and such rate to make sure the expense is covered (which has already been done by outside research)

Man yall are dumb as fu*k. Just like these trump tax cuts....they could calculate damn near to the dollar what it would raise the deficit. You can also calculate how much to raise taxes (mainly on the wealthy who dont pay sh*t) to knock that deficit out.

It's not as hard as you're making it...

Thats dumbass Johnny Tsunami. He thought we didnt know
+6   

1 month ago '11        #12
PotheadFocker 
space
space
Props total: 17388 17 K  Slaps total: 2313 2 K
Been seeing my retard friends irl post this horse sh*t on facebook

+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '06        #13
philly337 
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Thats dumbass Johnny Tsunami. He thought we didnt know
Should have figured...sh*t is not hard. Its just like the tax cuts...we know what our debts are projected to be. If we cut taxes by such and such (our revenue) we will have a deficit of xyz....very simple math.

Same sh*t here...if they come to the conclusion healthcare in this country is 3.65 trillion...you can do very basic math to find how much taxes would have to be raised on each income group to get to that number.

These dudes are something else...

1 month ago '15        #14
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 14143 14 K  Slaps total: 3829 3 K
That's just for Medicare, what about free child care across the board, and what about free college? And complete student debt relief?

+11   

1 month ago '09        #15
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 10037 10 K  Slaps total: 2138 2 K
I would have no problem with this coming out of my check every 2 weeks

that's a little over $2k a year tho if my math is right

I'm still with it

So what if Bernie becomes president? We will get 4 years of experiments just like we got 4 years of Trump experimenting. The world ain't over even though we thought WW3 was gonna happen with Iran a month ago lol. I'm with giving Bernie a shot. IMO Trump or Bernie is still better than someone that doesn't do sh*t but sit on their a*s for 4 years and play it safe when clearly America needs changes.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 02-26-2020 at 08:20 PM..
+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '14        #16
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 69432 69 K  Slaps total: 20204 20 K
 Still Numskull said
That's just for Medicare, what about free child care across the board, and what about free college? And complete student debt relief?

One step at a time. We got 8 years, and when his vice takes over after that for another 8

Rather try something new than be you over there sucking the d*ck of the status quo that doens't work.
+3   

1 month ago '12        #17
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Zaosyn said
I would have no problem with this coming out of my check every 2 weeks

that's a little over $2k a year tho if my math is right

I'm still with it
2 grand is peanuts compared to what I paid for healthcare for me and the wife last year.

I'd k*ll for a two thousand dollar bill for the whole year.

sh*t i paid more than that for a MINOR procedure I had done in September and I've got whats considered great insurance.
+10   

1 month ago '09        #18
Zaosyn 
space
space
 OldBusiness said
2 grand is peanuts compared to what I paid for healthcare for me and the wife last year.

I'd k*ll for a two thousand dollar bill for the whole year.

sh*t i paid more than that for a MINOR procedure I had done in September and I've got whats considered great insurance.
I think Blue Cross Blue Shield is taking like $200-$220 out of my check every month or something (I know I should know this) for healthcare, vision and dental. My dumb a*s didn't even use my dental last year I get like $1,000 in coverage and if I don't use it all up to $500 of it rolls over to the next year so I get $1,500.

Either way like you said I'm either gonna be paying the same, a little more or a little less and everyone I know is gonna be covered too. My girl is under her dad's insurance until she turns 26 or something I forget the cut off at that point I might have to add her to mine if it's possible even though we aren't married. That's even more $$$ I'll be paying a month so yeah I'm with it.

1 month ago '18        #19
dakidjahsiah 
space
space
Props total: 1005 1 K  Slaps total: 178 178
as long as he legalizes weed we good brehs
+2   

1 month ago '15        #20
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 14143 14 K  Slaps total: 3829 3 K
 Sphynx said
One step at a time. We got 8 years, and when his vice takes over after that for another 8

Rather try something new than be you over there sucking the d*ck of the status quo that doens't work.
sorry to tell you but Bernie wont beat Trump. Once he wins the nomination "IF" the dems allow it. Is when Bernie is going to have to actually start defending his past comments and actions, which we seen that he doesn't like it being questioned.

The Dems have been going easy on Bernie by not calling him out, which is going to change.

1 month ago '06        #21
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 55514 55 K  Slaps total: 7630 7 K
 BillyBoyo said
You people are dumb, with all his new spending and tax plans he still wouldn't generate enough revenue to pay off his policies and nearly half the US population will work for the government. His policies are nearly half the countries GDP and will double the spending budget.

This is how dumb I know his supporters are, Bernie said he will implement and pollution tax on the oil industries to pay for his proposals but he also wants to shut down the oil industries.

Bernie supporters are usually less educated so makes sense they believe him.

Everyone: Bernie policies are ridiculously and the spending by the government would be insane and unattainable

Bernie and his uneducatedsupporters: Not true Bernie knows all

Also save me the liberal Yale student studies and studies can by swayed to favor your agenda.

Lol at thinking Yale is liberal
+3   

1 month ago '09        #22
Zaosyn 
space
space
 Still Numskull said
sorry to tell you but Bernie wont beat Trump. Once he wins the nomination "IF" the dems allow it. Is when Bernie is going to have to actually start defending his past comments and actions, which we seen that he doesn't like it being questioned.

The Dems have been going easy on Bernie by not calling him out, which is going to change.
How can Bernie not win the nomination though he's winning basically every state. What do you mean if the dems "allow" him to win? Just curious cause I don't follow politics until the election but all you hear is Bernie this Bernie that, Bernie leading in double digit numbers and sh*t like that how can the dems stop that? Bernie is Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock from Attitude Era right now. Bernie is literally the glass breaking

Are you saying Bernie gonna mysteriously die?

1 month ago '15        #23
majorpain1963 
space
space
space
Props total: 3139 3 K  Slaps total: 332 332
 BillyBoyo said
You people are dumb, with all his new spending and tax plans he still wouldn't generate enough revenue to pay off his policies and nearly half the US population will work for the government. His policies are nearly half the countries GDP and will double the spending budget.

This is how dumb I know his supporters are, Bernie said he will implement and pollution tax on the oil industries to pay for his proposals but he also wants to shut down the oil industries.

Bernie supporters are usually less educated so makes sense they believe him.

Everyone: Bernie policies are ridiculously and the spending by the government would be insane and unattainable

Bernie and his uneducatedsupporters: Not true Bernie knows all

Also save me the liberal Yale student studies and studies can by swayed to favor your agenda.

Do you support the tax cuts and jobs act? Considering this statement right here.

"You people are dumb, with all his new spending and tax plans he still wouldn't generate enough revenue to pay off his policies and nearly half the US population will work for the government. His policies are nearly half the countries GDP and will double the spending budget."

1 month ago '17        #24
Jdog168  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10319 10 K  Slaps total: 269 269
Man I wish I could pay $700 a year. I pay $398 a month with a $3,900 deductible
+4   

1 month ago '17        #25
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 84667 84 K  Slaps total: 5229 5 K
 Darell_ftb said
Uhhhh so free health care top to bottom and a slight increase in taxes? No brainer to me lol. No different than paying in to my benefits at work which is 200 a month lol. Still have co pays (it's hella small but still) still pay for scripts (hella small again but still) I'd take Medicare for all ya bish
I pay $15k a year for health insurance alone so the tax increase can't be more than that.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  40
Video inside Trav Tells The REAL Reason Why 50 Threw Yayo In The Bushes, Fell Out w/..
231 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  26
Video inside Da Brat receives a New Bentley from her Fiance Big Booty judy!
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  25
Mar 27 - The coronavirus pandemic is exploding in Louisiana
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
tiger king star joe exotic...files $94 million lawsuit...wants presidential pa..
86 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy