Feb 26 - YouTuber goes to Argentinian slum to make “impactful video”, gets robbed instead

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+49  93
137 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
2655 page views
47 comments

mr_underground|m  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 44710 44 K  Slaps total: 3675 3 K
Feb 26 - YouTuber goes to Argentinian slum to make “impactful video”, gets robbed instead

Quickly learns that not everywhere in the world is as safe as Japan.

As you well know, certain YouTubers and Instagram influencers will do all kinds of crazy things to get those extra views, likes, and followers. In Japan, some have gotten themselves into trouble by sleeping on a bed in the middle of a busy intersection, destroying a traditional Japanese handicraft, or stopping women in the street to call them ugly. But none of those people got in nearly as much trouble as one Japanese YouTuber who was robbed in a South American slum.

The unidentified male YouTuber traveled to Buenos Aires, Argentina to make an “impactful video” about poverty, reported the Japanese Embassy in Buenos Aires. The man intended to film Buenos Aires’ Villa 31, an unincorporated poor neighborhood that’s not connected to public sewage treatment and electricity, and which is infamous for its high rates of murder, violence, and drug use.

No one will ever get to see that “impactful video,” though. When the YouTuber reportedly arrived at the nearby Retiro Station on the evening of February 17, he met a local woman who offered to show him around Villa 31. As they were walking the streets, the YouTuber was suddenly grabbed around the neck from behind by a man, while another appeared before him and seized his shoulder bag. The two men and the women then fled the scene, leaving the man without his wallet, credit cards, passport, cash, air tickets, and camera equipment.

For many who have lived or traveled overseas, being the victim of theft or robbery is an experience that’s sadly all too common, and frankly, the YouTuber was lucky nothing worse happened to him. By Japanese standards, though, the incident was significant enough that the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a warning after it happened. In fact, the Ministry offered three cautions for those traveling overseas: don’t go near slums, carry as few valuable items with you as possible and don’t carry them all together in the same place, and if robbed, follow the robbers’ instructions and don’t resist.

Though this was most certainly a terrifying experience for the YouTuber, Japanese Twitter users were entirely unsympathetic:

“YouTuber….”
“The girl guiding him was an accomplice? Looks like he was an easy target.”
“Didn’t he even stop to consider that he himself might be in danger in a dangerous place?”
“No ability for crisis management whatsoever.”
“Things like this almost make me want to say it was his own fault.”

Still, you can almost understand the YouTuber’s naivety, since the most common crimes you’ll experience in Japan are public disturbances and intoxication, and even though there are Japanese slums they aren’t anywhere near as dangerous as their counterparts in other countries. Still, if he was traveling to Argentina to do a YouTube video on a poverty-stricken neighborhood, he ought to at least have known what he was getting into, and prepared accordingly.

Undoubtedly said YouTuber will release a “My experience of being robbed in Argentina” video, so maybe then we’ll find out first hand what he felt in that moment.

visit this link https://soranews24.com/20 .. obbed-instead/
+7   

best
worst
47 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
AMG2M4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
space
space
space
Props total: 13984 13 K  Slaps total: 10492 10 K
And they say youtube doesn't impact lives.

Last edited by AMG2M4; 02-26-2020 at 10:19 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '17        #3
Tetsuo 
space
space
Props total: 4856 4 K  Slaps total: 539 539
Probably the same n*gga who wanted to meet Bone and got robbed on the east side of Cleveland
+45   

1 month ago '10        #4
Big Louie Guwop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29784 29 K  Slaps total: 5059 5 K
 Tetsuo said
Probably the same n*gga who wanted to meet Bone and got robbed on the east side of Cleveland
n*gga thought he was gonna see bone standing on east 99th singing crossroads
+59   

1 month ago '18        #5
niruggg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 39068 39 K  Slaps total: 4362 4 K
 Tetsuo said
+14   

1 month ago '07        #6
Goosie McNeen 
space
space
space
Props total: 9514 9 K  Slaps total: 750 750
Didnt somethin like that happen to a BX member?
+8   

1 month ago '06        #7
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 93570 93 K  Slaps total: 11273 11 K
n*ggas is starving and he wanna make a video? A fu*king video?? he made a video alright
+5   

1 month ago '06        #8
LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 14614 14 K  Slaps total: 1368 1 K
this thread would of been complete with video of robbery
+10   

1 month ago '16        #9
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 48376 48 K  Slaps total: 10606 10 K
food
+4   

1 month ago '19        #10
Pikaboo 
space
space
Props total: 3141 3 K  Slaps total: 305 305
 Big Louie Guwop said
Just harmonizing on the block under the e99 sign wearing xxl black shirts.
+11   

1 month ago '19        #11
pharoahX 
space
space
Props total: 1914 1 K  Slaps total: 211 211
Dumb a*s.

1 month ago '05        #12
arkansas@$$hole 
space
space
Props total: 3299 3 K  Slaps total: 262 262
Dude lucky to still be alive. Some of these countries/places don’t just rob you, they will k*ll you. People better chill out trying to visit these places solo to make YouTube videos or documentaries. Better have a whole team of people and it’s also good to have or get tour guides and people from that country to a*sist. That also helps to keep you a little safer. Even with me saying this, homeboy got duped by a chick and I remember reading a story last year about a group of Americans went to Brazil for a documentary and got a tour guide or people from there to help..... They were set up and robbed for everything they had.

Last edited by arkansas@$$hole; 02-27-2020 at 06:43 AM..
+8   

1 month ago '07        #13
Goosie McNeen 
space
space
space
Props total: 9514 9 K  Slaps total: 750 750
 arkansas@$$hole said
Dude lucky to still be alive. Some of these countries/places don’t just rob you, they will k*ll you. People better chill out trying to visit these places solo to make YouTube videos or documentaries. Better have a whole team of people and it’s also good to have or get tour guides and people from that country to a*sist. That also helps to keep you a little safer. Even with me saying this, homeboy got duped by a chick and I remember reading a story last year about a group of Americans went to Brazil for a documentary and got a tour guide or people from there to help..... They were set up and robbed for everything they had.
Where u from bro?

1 month ago '04        #14
collegeboy58 
space
space
Props total: 9712 9 K  Slaps total: 561 561
 arkansas@$$hole said
If I lived somewhere that didn’t have running water, electricity, or a sewage system I’d probably rob every tourist too.
+8   

1 month ago '09        #15
rexplosive  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 2683 2 K  Slaps total: 454 454
Amazing how people are so adapted to the livings of the first world that they cant even fathom what it's like in countries with actual poverty and slums

Argentina is the closest to first world so I'm even surprised TBH but I would do some research before going

Need that video ASAP, hopefully then jack boys have whatsapp and posts it somewhere

1 month ago '15        #16
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 9480 9 K  Slaps total: 1448 1 K
The biggest problem with Japanese folks is they grow up here in a bubble. True Nihonjin, hafus, naturilized, and residents are safe as sh*t from the outside world more than anywhere else in the world. All my Nihon folks i let them lnow. I might be growing bigger out here in East Osaka but i grew up In East Oakland. Even the bad people here are polite. So go figure.
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #17
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22784 22 K  Slaps total: 2414 2 K
Asian in South America is a dinner plate. Might as well be a Hasidic jew or something. A white dude they might size up and think military, alphabet boy or something that would save the pressure. Asian dude lucky he didn't get kidnapped and ransomed
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #18
space
space
 CALL AGAIN said
The biggest problem with Japanese folks is they grow up here in a bubble. True Nihonjin, hafus, naturilized, and residents are safe as sh*t from the outside world more than anywhere else in the world. All my Nihon folks i let them lnow. I might be growing bigger out here in East Osaka but i grew up In East Oakland. Even the bad people here are polite. So go figure.

What are you doing out there bro?

1 month ago '15        #19
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 9480 9 K  Slaps total: 1448 1 K
 BrooklynDamien said
What are you doing out there bro?
I been coming out here since a teen i am 30 now and its my home, but i do a few different things. Mainly running some izakaya in Shinsaibashisuji and hope to have my own in a year or two had a few setbacks but also more opportunities.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #20
TROY 
space
space
Props total: 8779 8 K  Slaps total: 692 692
 Tetsuo said
Nicca got robbed with the double glocks

+3   

1 month ago '07        #21
PurpleKush 
space
space
Props total: 6564 6 K  Slaps total: 1663 1 K
Check man Mikoworldwide...dude goes solo in the hoods of DR

1 month ago '19        #22
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 14698 14 K  Slaps total: 3986 3 K
These youtubers are super naive. They live a pretty good livelihood and have no idea what the real world can be like.
This guy really didn't need to go all the way to Argentina to face reality though. Could have done the same thing in Baltimore, enjoy a sandwich at Royal Farms, and then go get robbed afterwards in the hood.

Royal Farms sandwiches are good to go....
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #23
space
space
 CALL AGAIN said
I been coming out here since a teen i am 30 now and its my home, but i do a few different things. Mainly running some izakaya in Shinsaibashisuji and hope to have my own in a year or two had a few setbacks but also more opportunities.
Nice. Do you listen to any local hip hop acts out there? If so who are you digging?
+1   

1 month ago '10        #24
t from the 617 
space
space
Props total: 17815 17 K  Slaps total: 585 585
 Big Louie Guwop said

1 month ago '14        #25
El Caballero 
space
space
Props total: 40442 40 K  Slaps total: 3193 3 K
Lmao Japanese Twitter users kept it real

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  33
Video inside No Neck Ed Finally Gets It In With His 90 Day Fiance!
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+210online now  28
Video inside ItsReal85 one of our true home grown talents, here are your flowers.
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  28
Article inside Drake’s new song bombing on tiktok?
142 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+106online now  10
Image(s) inside PS5 new wireless controller revealed
264 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy