Fury became a skilled boxer training in the grits of Detroit

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
212 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '06        #1
3345 page views
51 comments

itzadirtyworld 
space
space
Props total: 2526 2 K  Slaps total: 480 480
Fury became a skilled boxer training in the grits of Detroit

Fury’s Time At Kronk Gym
When previously speaking about his time in Detroit, Fury told talkSPORT: “I had the opportunity to go there – the Kronk Gym – and I ended up going.

“So I just landed over there, they didn’t even know I was coming. I walked in the gym, I was like, ‘Is Emanuel Steward here?’

“They said, ‘Who are you?’ I was like, ‘I’m the next heavyweight champion of the world, Tyson Fury.’

“They took me down to see him and that was it. I moved into his house that day.

“I was there for three weeks in Detroit with him, we trained every day, we talked about a lot of stuff, he had a lot of knowledge on boxing.

Imagine how good Wilder coulda been wiith some real trainers and a legit jab

Last edited by itzadirtyworld; 02-23-2020 at 09:01 PM..
+80   

best
worst
51 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Knucklez 
space
space
space
Props total: 32746 32 K  Slaps total: 3391 3 K
I didn't know andy lee was his cousin till yesterday. Steward apparently said that fury is one of the hardest hitting guys he trained something to that effect. Fury said he's never been one to sit on his punches but he could knock out a lot of f*ghters if he did.

Dude came a long way from the f*ghter that punched himself with his own uppercut
+15   

1 month ago '15        #3
BamaBoy91 
space
space
Props total: 8185 8 K  Slaps total: 801 801
+2   

1 month ago '15        #4
RealDeal134  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4241 4 K  Slaps total: 7445 7 K
Please

Hes decent

Hes a slow stiff with a nice jab

Cant w8 till he f*ght aj

1 month ago '17        #5
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
space
space
Props total: 81795 81 K  Slaps total: 18313 18 K
 RealDeal134 said
Please

Hes decent

Hes a slow stiff with a nice jab

Cant w8 till he f*ght aj
“Decent” ? shut your fu*kin hating a*s up
+23   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #6
jojothugadventu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 6914 6 K  Slaps total: 1806 1 K
I went to class with a kid who trained at kronk gym his whole life , his record is 19-0

Last edited by jojothugadventu; 02-24-2020 at 01:05 AM..
+29   

1 month ago '17        #7
Jay2Da 
space
space
Props total: 1400 1 K  Slaps total: 219 219
Fury was the better man. Simple and plain. Stewart got him right for the f*ght. Hopefully, someone tell wilder how to parry the jab, block the hook, and stay in position to counter. Dude went from circling the ring in the first round to going straight back after. He also was throwing his head back to try to get out of reach of fury’s punches. Fury was taller and had a longer reach. Wilder had no answer. Every faint Fury did, made wilder get out of position and/or react.

Wilder should not have took the f*ght. 3 f*ghts in 9 months? The body has to rest. Camps are brutal to the body. He needs to rest. Look at what happen to fury when he fought wallin 3 months after his last match. Rematch should be in December/ January.

Last edited by Jay2Da; 02-24-2020 at 03:34 AM..
+16   

1 month ago '20        #8
Capital D  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
space
space
space
Props total: 5239 5 K  Slaps total: 4975 4 K
Alabama lost

+22   

1 month ago '19        #9
LuxuriousGreen1 
space
space
space
Props total: 1615 1 K  Slaps total: 307 307
Kronk Gym, Damn I should have pulled up...a trainer was a the lifetime fitness I trained at. He had his gear & boxes with me for 2-3 days before inviting to the gym...I still haven’t pulled up. Damn
+9   

1 month ago '10        #10
wwwdotcom 
space
space
Props total: 385 385  Slaps total: 25 25
Tyson ‘The Gypsy Prophecy’ Fury. It was written.

1 month ago '18        #11
Screwston Born 
space
space
Props total: 4885 4 K  Slaps total: 842 842
Fury is a student of the game man, he respects the science and he's earned my respect over his career because of it.

Props to the champ.
+26   

1 month ago '04        #12
$ouljaboy 
space
space
Props total: 663 663  Slaps total: 119 119
 Jay2Da said
Fury was the better man. Simple and plain. Stewart got him right for the f*ght. Hopefully, someone tell wilder how to parry the jab, block the hook, and stay in position to counter. Dude went from circling the ring in the first round to going straight back after. He also was throwing his head back to try to get out of reach of fury’s punches. Fury was taller and had a longer reach. Wilder had no answer. Every faint Fury did, made wilder get out of position and/or react.

Wilder should not have took the f*ght. 3 f*ghts in 9 months? The body has to rest. Camps are brutal to the body. He needs to rest. Look at what happen to fury when he fought wallin 3 months after his last match. Rematch should be in December/ January.
Emanuel Steward died in 2012 so if he got Fury right for the f*ght, he a bad muthfu*ka LMAO. But that was the best thing for Fury to go to Kronk Gym legendary place which has produced both excellent trainers and professional boxers
+16   

1 month ago '19        #13
Aquarella 
space
space
Props total: 2060 2 K  Slaps total: 819 819
Hope all yall Fury d*cklickers get chlamydia in the eye.

1 month ago '05        #14
youngvito18 
space
space
Props total: 12713 12 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
 Jay2Da said

To be fair

That first f*ght Fury would have won if it wasn't for that knockdown
+4   

1 month ago '04        #15
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 28098 28 K  Slaps total: 3131 3 K
While I’m happy for Fury and all, he couldn’t carry the jockstrap of heavyweights from previous generations.

He’s a byproduct of a water down sport/weight class.

1 month ago '17        #16
CJ Schwarz 
space
space
Props total: 30163 30 K  Slaps total: 2211 2 K
 Jay2Da said

Wilder is 35 he needs to cash in now. After he loses/wins the rematch he need to rest and train until spring/summer 20/21.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #17
Jay2Da 
space
space
 youngvito18 said
To be fair

It’s a part of boxing. This f*ght wilder could have won “IF” wilder didn’t get knocked down. We kind of got to leave the “if”s out of sports. What happened .....happened. Tie then wilder got whooped.
+4   

1 month ago '17        #18
Jay2Da 
space
space
 $ouljaboy said
Emanuel Steward died in 2012 so if he got Fury right for the f*ght, he a bad muthfu*ka LMAO. But that was the best thing for Fury to go to Kronk Gym legendary place which has produced both excellent trainers and professional boxers
Makes me want to go to Detroit to learn a few things. From YouTube, I am hearing that his wrestling training played a part also. Fury was just on another level. The f*ght was like the best street dude vs an mma f*ghter. The mma knows little things to get the job done.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #19
Moscar4126 
space
space
Props total: 1362 1 K  Slaps total: 206 206
Wilder is good WTF you talking about. . He lost to a better Boxer last Saturday. None the less that boy Wilder is a Beast was undefeated in over 40 bouts.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #20
Moscar4126 
space
space
Props total: 1362 1 K  Slaps total: 206 206
 youngvito18 said
To be fair

To be fair Fury was TKO'd. . . That ref gave him a 13 count no exaggeration.
+3   

1 month ago '14        #21
4FIF 
space
space
Props total: 3710 3 K  Slaps total: 243 243
 Capital D said
Alabama lost

+1   

1 month ago '06        #22
marcusaka50 
space
space
space
Props total: 18529 18 K  Slaps total: 3425 3 K
Interesting kronk been around for decades

1 month ago '17        #23
Jay2Da 
space
space
 CJ Schwarz said
Wilder is 35 he needs to cash in now. After he loses/wins the rematch he need to rest and train until spring/summer 20/21.
This is the downfall of boxing. Guys are in there late 20s and early 30s until they make big money. There has to be a better way to get these younger guys coming into boxing a household name. If the nba and nfl can do it, hopefully boxing can.

Wilder is taking these f*ghts to prove the DAZN deal was bad. If his business was right then the DAZN deal would of made great sense. Should of took his time, boxing unlike other sports is a waiting game. Let’s take floyd, after 1999, he fought 3 times in a minimum of 11 months and he was just 22 yrs. To do 3 time, in 9 months, and in your mid 30s. Wow! Yeah he got paid, but he paid a heavy whooping and back to back to back camps for that cash.

Plus, look at his wife. You have to include time before the first of 3 f*ghts. So he was in f*ght/ camp mode for probably 11 months. They say you have to refrain from s*x. With that s*xy thang walking around the house, y’all boys ain’t hearing me. Lol. Wilder need time off. Enjoy life and winning f*ghts.
+5   

1 month ago '04        #24
$ouljaboy 
space
space
Props total: 663 663  Slaps total: 119 119
 Moscar4126 said
Wilder is good WTF you talking about. . He lost to a better Boxer last Saturday. None the less that boy Wilder is a Beast was undefeated in over 40 bouts.
Knock-out artists are brawlers not Boxers. Wilder is a good brawler but he can not throw a good jab to save his life. Which tells me he is no boxer.

Last edited by $ouljaboy; 02-24-2020 at 07:20 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '18        #25
FactChecker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 460 460  Slaps total: 159 159
I'm undefeated lightweight 0-0

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  41
Article inside The Weeknd Dropped "After Hours" Despite Label Urging Against It
87 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  30
Well Damn, somebody came with the facts/stats Re: Michael Jordan vs Larry ..
132 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  23
Article inside 'Tiger King' Producers Respond to Carole Baskin Criticism: 'She wasn'..
62 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+20online now  18
Mar 29 - Trump Extends Social Distancing guidlines through April 30
164 comments
18 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy