Feb 23 - The Cop Who Stomped a Handcuffed Black Man's Head Is Now Facing Decades in Prison

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '06        #1
2543 page views
30 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
space
space
Props total: 54206 54 K  Slaps total: 7965 7 K
Feb 23 - The Cop Who Stomped a Handcuffed Black Man's Head Is Now Facing Decades in Prison

He was caught on cellphone video with his gun drawn.

A former Georgia cop caught on video stomping a handcuffed black man’s head during a traffic stop has been found guilty and now faces up to 26 years in prison.

Robert McDonald, who was at the time an officer in Gwinnett County, was convicted of aggravated a*sault, battery, and violation of oath of office on Thursday, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The 28-year-old was called for backup in April 2017 by his mentor, former Sgt. Michael Bongiovanni, who had stopped, struck, Tasered, and handcuffed Demetrius Hollins for driving a car without license tags, although the charges were later dropped. A police report at the time also said Hollins was stopped because his vehicle, which smelled like marijuana, switched lanes without signaling.

Upon arriving at the scene, McDonald, who pleaded not guilty to the a*sault and maintained his innocence on all charges, was captured on cellphone camera stomping on Hollins' head with his gun drawn. That footage was used repeatedly throughout McDonald’s trial. McDonald also said he felt threatened because Hollins had rolled over onto his side, and that he'd meant to step on the back of his shoulders.

McDonald also testified this week that Bongiovanni, usually calm, sounded panicked during a call over police radio, which made him believe, ‘Oh man, something’s really going on.’”

Bongiovanni later wrote in an incident report that Hollins “began to act strange” by saying things like “I need to call my mom” and “You have to let me go.” He also reported that he had previously arrested Hollins in 2016 for obstruction and marijuana charges, which contributed to him asking for a*sistance from McDonald.

Both Bongiovanni and McDonald were fired after video from the arrest went viral, and indicted in February 2018, according to the Daily Post. Bongiovanni later pleaded no contest to related a*sault and battery charges and agreed to testify against McDonald. He was sentenced to six months of work release and five months of home confinement.

But McDonald’s defense attorney, Walt Britt, argued that Bongiovanni should’ve been on trial, instead, because of his had previously faced allegations of use of force, and allegations of lying in a police report about the incident, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“Former Sgt. Bongiovanni was given a sweetheart deal to testify against my client, though he was the instigator of the attacks on Mr. Hollins that led up to my client being dispatched to the scene,” Britt said in an emailed statement to VICE News, noting McDonald had never similarly been accused of lying in official statements.

McDonald is out of custody until his sentencing, which is expected to take place within the next few weeks. He has no prior criminal record.

visit this link https://www.vice.com/en_u .. lack-mans-head
+16   

best
worst
30 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '19        #2
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
space
space
Props total: 57792 57 K  Slaps total: 39907 39 K

2 months ago '06        #3
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 56088 56 K  Slaps total: 7752 7 K
fu*king good.

I would love to spend my career sending sh*tty cops to prison.

Pray for me I get there y’all
+96   

2 months ago '15        #4
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 40086 40 K  Slaps total: 5905 5 K
 Skateboard T said
fu*king good.

Please do that. I don’t agree with your politics but if you could take every case of these bully a*s cops fukin up people and even k*lling people Id love it. Something needs to be done. Send everyone of these POS to jail. Something needs to change. They acting just like Nazi stormtroopers. I’m not anti cop. But everyone that does sht like this and the others that see it and say nothing needs to be locked up. As an accessory and the ines who do it get football numbers. It’s the only way these corrupt fuks gonna learn. They way to comfortable with their power.
+27   

2 months ago '13        #5
beazy252 
space
space
Props total: 1283 1 K  Slaps total: 209 209
McDonald is out of custody until his sentencing, which is expected to take place within the next few weeks. He has no prior criminal record.
+7   

2 months ago '06        #6
Skateboard T 
space
space
 DamianDragunov said
Please do that. I don’t agree with your politics but if you could take every case of these bully a*s cops fukin up people and even k*lling people Id love it. Something needs to be done. Send everyone of these POS to jail. Something needs to change. They acting just like Nazi stormtroopers. I’m not anti cop. But everyone that does sht like this and the others that see it and say nothing needs to be locked up. As an accessory and the ines who do it get football numbers. It’s the only way these corrupt fuks gonna learn. They way to comfortable with their power.
Agreed. I’m not of the ACAB mentality. I grew up with good people who became good cops. They exist. But they don’t get headlines for doing their jobs.

The more we take these sh*theads off the street, the more we can work to repairing public relations and creating a safer world and rebuilding trust.

Unfortunately I think the job inherently attracts bad people hungry for power and vengeance. Hopefully as time goes on we can develop a system to weed them out or at least break down the blue wall of silence.

I think we’ve been making some significant progress compared to what we were seeing even just 5 years ago.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #7
erickonasis 
space
space
Props total: 45617 45 K  Slaps total: 5738 5 K
 DamianDragunov said
There’s hope for you yet man. Good post
+3   

2 months ago '17        #8
DaQCKing 
space
space
Props total: 44151 44 K  Slaps total: 2261 2 K
 Skateboard T said
fu*king good.

If you make it, be safe. You will become a target....
+10   

2 months ago '16        #9
Teknicks 
space
space
Props total: 23341 23 K  Slaps total: 4018 4 K
 Skateboard T said
fu*king good.

Could you imagine..

Like hey boss what's up with that overtime?

Ehhh we're actually kinda good right now, thanks tho.

Ahh I'll stay anyway don't trip

Umm.. ok I guess..
+2   

2 months ago '16        #10
Brucebaner2 
space
space
space
Props total: 6493 6 K  Slaps total: 2413 2 K
They say weed aint good for nothing. Homey about to make a come up!
+1   

2 months ago '17        #11
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 22070 22 K  Slaps total: 8254 8 K
 Skateboard T said
fu*king good.

What would be the career? U tryna be a judge?? Or a criminal turned informant like frank Lucas

2 months ago '07        #12
JohnDoe 
space
space
Props total: 9246 9 K  Slaps total: 1651 1 K
If I remember right no one in Seattle got fired for something just like that

2 months ago '15        #13
The Dudeness 
space
space
Props total: 13400 13 K  Slaps total: 876 876
They did this sh*t in Atlanta, no less. One of (if not THE) most black dominated cities In America

2 months ago '17        #14
StanlitoTheFly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
space
space
Props total: 26210 26 K  Slaps total: 5178 5 K
 Skateboard T said
fu*king good.

Aren't you prosecutor?

2 months ago '15        #15
AlmightySae 
space
space
Props total: 2812 2 K  Slaps total: 579 579
I say 6 months on prison and a slap on a wrist. He’ll beat his case...
+2   

2 months ago '15        #16
RIPrjacks23 
space
space
Props total: 10096 10 K  Slaps total: 1211 1 K
 AlmightySae said
I say 6 months on prison and a slap on a wrist. He’ll beat his case...
He was already convinced...

2 months ago '18        #17
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 59167 59 K  Slaps total: 7553 7 K
 RIPrjacks23 said
He was already convinced...
I think he means get off light. Cuz if he only gets 6 months that’s equivalent to beating the case
+5   

2 months ago '18        #18
niruggg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 39349 39 K  Slaps total: 4376 4 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
What would be the career? U tryna be a judge?? Or a criminal turned informant like frank Lucas
fu*k you really are an embarrassment
+3   

2 months ago '18        #19
niruggg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 39349 39 K  Slaps total: 4376 4 K
 The Dudeness said
They did this sh*t in Atlanta, no less. One of (if not THE) most black dominated cities In America
police depts nationwide are predominantly white
+5   

2 months ago '11        #20
bkamagnum 
space
space
Props total: 1142 1 K  Slaps total: 293 293
He aint gonna do no time. They will say it is a stressful job and it got to him. They will just let him go with pension for the rest of his life. The state (taxpayers) will ultimately pay whatever the settlement amount is. and Life goes on...

2 months ago '16        #21
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 48376 48 K  Slaps total: 10606 10 K
death penalty needed

2 months ago '12        #22
Steelgrip 
space
space
Props total: 14977 14 K  Slaps total: 1175 1 K
McDonald also said he felt threatened because Hollins had rolled over onto his side

Hollins “began to act strange” by saying things like “I need to call my mom” and “You have to let me go.”

Bongiovanni later pleaded no contest to related a*sault and battery charges and agreed to testify against McDonald.
Kek

Telling the cop he needs to call his mom is strange behavior?
+3   

2 months ago '06        #23
Skateboard T 
space
space
 StanlitoTheFly said
Aren't you prosecutor?
I’ve worked for prosecutors during my breaks during law school but I’m more interested in defense until I can get into one of those divisions.

PackerTrelli3 said
There are “police accountability” divisions popping up in state AG and prosecutor’s offices I’ve applied to a few in Chicago and DC. So you specifically handle criminal violations by cops.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #24
Dotel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4358 4 K  Slaps total: 5794 5 K
Blue lives matter

2 months ago '18        #25
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 35602 35 K  Slaps total: 4981 4 K
 Dotel said
Blue lives matter
Sure do...

+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+72online now  24
Image(s) inside Ever Find Your Homies Woman on Tinder
225 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+219online now  19
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
371 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  19
RIP Chynna
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-73online now  13
Video inside YG struggling to bench 100 pounds in the gym