Feb 21 - A career truck driver on why his is no longer ‘a middle-class job’

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 months ago '06        #1
9105 page views
255 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x41
space
space
Props total: 54151 54 K  Slaps total: 7958 7 K
Feb 21 - A career truck driver on why his is no longer ‘a middle-class job’

+13   

best
worst
255 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
Strong Side Iso 
space
space
Props total: 17427 17 K  Slaps total: 2850 2 K
Too much complaining.

In 2019, I hit over $85000. Hit 80 by my 3rd year. My truck driving school was free. I drive at night, my route start at midnight. My cousin from Haiti just came here 3 years ago. Been driving for a year and a half for Budweiser doing the grain trailer, he pulled over $74000 in 2019.

There's lotta money in trucking.

There's a perspective you can get this video that is far away from reality. If you want to get into trucking, do it. Get your Class A and run the score up. Here in Ny and Nj, with 1 yr of experience you qualify for 120k jobs.
+154   

2 months ago '16        #3
KingJerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 15218 15 K  Slaps total: 3167 3 K
 Strong Side Iso said
Too much complaining.

In 2019, I hit over $85000. Hit 80 by my 3rd year. My truck driving school was free. I drive at night, my route start at midnight. My cousin from Haiti just came here 3 years ago. Been driving for a year and a half for Budweiser doing the grain trailer, he pulled over $74000 in 2019.

There's a perspective you can get this video that is far away from reality. If you want to get into trucking, do it. Get your Class A and run the score up. Here in Ny and Nj, with 1 yr of experience you qualify for 120k jobs.
Im further south in VA, I Might go back into trucking but I hate the snow and chain laws (I drove in north cali) and I hate being away from home but i might have to say fu*k it and go back if I find a truck job thats offering money similar to what you said. I also have like 3 years experience
+14   

2 months ago '16        #4
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 4546 4 K  Slaps total: 1201 1 K
 Strong Side Iso said
Too much complaining.

Yea, I held get a few folks some trucking jobs. Those self driving trucks though, that sh*t is going to hurt.
+12   

2 months ago '15        #5
AlmightySae 
space
space
Props total: 2810 2 K  Slaps total: 579 579
I know a couple of my family friends who are in the trucking business and they get paid 30+ And hour here in cali. Not too bad.
+5   

2 months ago '16        #6
space
space
 Eastcoast said
Yea, I held get a few folks some trucking jobs. Those self driving trucks though, that sh*t is going to hurt.
Any companies you recommend in the dmv area?
+2   

2 months ago '09        #7
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 10170 10 K  Slaps total: 2172 2 K
Trucking might be the most underrated career someone can do. Seems like they're in high demand, paid very well and can sometimes get their truck driving license for free, doesn't require a college degree (does it even require a HS Diploma?). It's a great honest living.

How many of you truckers are k*lling yourself with the labor aspect of loading/unloading your trucks or driving on tight deadlines?
+15   

2 months ago '12        #8
Binds 
space
space
Props total: 2926 2 K  Slaps total: 510 510
pops a broker so he be sending other ppl off in his own trucks but he say they make around 120k before taxes
+15   

2 months ago '19        #9
Pikaboo 
space
space
Props total: 3135 3 K  Slaps total: 304 304
I hear the test is hard
+2   

2 months ago '16        #10
space
space
 Binds said
pops a broker so he be sending other ppl off in his own trucks but he say they make around 120k before taxes
Where at? I need more info on this
+2   

2 months ago '12        #11
Ricky Retardo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29390 29 K  Slaps total: 2445 2 K
 Strong Side Iso said
Too much complaining.

Yo I'm really thinking about pursuing this. Getting tired of the rat race in corporate America and want something that gives me a more flexible schedule to do other endeavors and still make a great salary.

You from NJ? What's the neccessary steps to getting schooling that's affordable or even free for that matter?
+1   

2 months ago '16        #12
space
space
 Zaosyn said
Trucking might be the most underrated career someone can do. Seems like they're in high demand, paid very well and can sometimes get their truck driving license for free, doesn't require a college degree (does it even require a HS Diploma?). It's a great honest living.

How many of you truckers are k*lling yourself with the labor aspect of loading/unloading your trucks or driving on tight deadlines?
Its alot of bullsh*t in trucking. Like being promised a whole bunch of sh*t like:

Being home at certain times, yes things happen like weather and traffic and other sh*t but n*ggas will straight up lie to you so you wont get the home time that was promised.

Dealing with police.
Weather/ Chain laws. Honestly i rather be stuck in traffic than deal with having to drive in snow.

Money. n*ggas will say you will average 1200 a week but you only get 800 because of sh*t they aint tell you about.

Theres more but thats all i could think of this late
+31   

2 months ago '19        #13
PRo 
space
space
space
Props total: 4508 4 K  Slaps total: 429 429
It's really what you make of it
There are PLENTY of n*ggas making minimum wage driving. You have to budget your time and keep those wheels moving as much as possible. Don't drive=don't get paid.
n*ggas that's really getting money staying out at least 3 weeks at a time.
You can go to any accredited school for "free"
Sort of lol. There's no upfront fee, but you'll owe whichever trucking firm that sponsored you a year's driving, or like $1500
+5   

2 months ago '16        #14
Aztlan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 52404 52 K  Slaps total: 6858 6 K
It's trucking though.
+13   

2 months ago '18        #15
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
Props total: 8746 8 K  Slaps total: 445 445
You gotta know where to look, I drive cement mixers n dump trucks and clock at least 50k
+16   

2 months ago '19        #16
Boxedin1 
space
space
space
Props total: 756 756  Slaps total: 206 206
 Aztlan said
It's trucking though.
My first thought was middle class red neck
+1   

2 months ago '18        #17
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
 Strong Side Iso said
Too much complaining.

Driving thru that tri state is a bi*ch
+6   

2 months ago '18        #18
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
 Pikaboo said
I hear the test is hard
It depends, when you're in school, you review the info so much, you know it without knowing you know it. Isk bout the driving part tho, I went to a mom and pops school and honestly I couldn't drive worth a fu*k, when I got out, luckily I had a good trainer when I got on with my job...rip john Watson
+14   

2 months ago '18        #19
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
 KingJerz said
Its alot of bullsh*t in trucking. Like being promised a whole bunch of sh*t like:

Being home at certain times, yes things happen like weather and traffic and other sh*t but n*ggas will straight up lie to you so you wont get the home time that was promised.

Dealing with police.
Weather/ Chain laws. Honestly i rather be stuck in traffic than deal with having to drive in snow.

Money. n*ggas will say you will average 1200 a week but you only get 800 because of sh*t they aint tell you about.

Theres more but thats all i could think of this late
You ain't lying about the bs, I tell mfs hit the road for a year than find something local or a beer truck or dump truck etc.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #20
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 95973 95 K  Slaps total: 40093 40 K
 Strong Side Iso said
Too much complaining.

Yeah man I get home every weekend with the company I work for and made 55k after taxes. After being in this industry for 3 years now I just a*sume that every who isn't getting paid is a know it all who does nothing but complain. I can't tell you how many times I've had convos with truckers at customers who tell me stories about how they're always into it with their dispatcher and refusing loads then they're all surprised when they don't get miles some of these dudes have no self-awareness.

Edit: this is propaganda. This video is from a full calendar year ago and the comments are turned off? They knew the truckers was gone come on there and debunk that whole narrative them weirdos tryna paint on there

Last edited by Rule 336; 02-22-2020 at 03:10 AM..
+14   

2 months ago '17        #21
space
space
 Binds said
Speaking of brokers, @ how is everything going bro?
+1   

2 months ago '18        #22
niruggg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 39020 39 K  Slaps total: 4347 4 K

2:27
oh and he gay

2 months ago '17        #23
space
space
 Eastcoast said
Not coming for a long time
+1   

2 months ago '17        #24
space
space
Also it brings me alot of joy when I see young black men like myself out here doing they thing. One of the few industries where n*ggas ain't gotta play the game to make bread. Plus the more endorsements you get, the more doors that open for you. When I try to put people on but the main thing that turns them off from trucking is being away from home. That made me think about this book I'm reading 'All the places to go' and the chapter where people often never reach their full potential in life cause they choose comfortability over stepping outside their comfort zone. Alot of people don't understand that you don't have to make a career out of it, you can literally drive a few years, run up some bands, and do with that money as you please but again comfort zones. Oh well, I can only try to enlighten young brothers, it's their choice to make. @ can you explain your comment, what is that supposed to mean?
+25   

2 months ago '07        #25
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 28843 28 K  Slaps total: 2587 2 K
 Strong Side Iso said
Too much complaining.
too much "things are good for me so they must be perfect everywhere"
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-55online now  17
Image(s) inside Bhad Bhabie has completed her transformation to enter the African Amer..
195 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+103online now  16
Video inside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 full movie
70 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+222online now  11
Well, one of us has covid-19.
418 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  3
Video inside Fred The GodSon Got The CoronaVirus ! !
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy