Went to a Camron concert last night, and I came to the conclusion that I'm an old head

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
35 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #1
13385 page views
334 comments

48laws  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 6523 6 K  Slaps total: 792 792
Went to a Camron concert last night, and I came to the conclusion that I'm an old head

And you know, you probably are too

The show was in DC last night, at the Howard Theatre, and the crowd consisted of 80s babies. Guys way past their prime, rocking their freshest kicks and rolling with the homies. I'd guess for every 99 guys there might have been 1 female

I was high as sh*t, and I remember I zoned out for a bit, and I was just scanning the audience and I thought to myself "damn, I'm old". Not a single person under 25 I'd bet. Dudes were old, you could tell that they had kids or a stressful job, they look tired (probably because they came straight from a long day of work), they looked a bit out of shape, shape ups weren't as crisp, shirts were a little bit more wrinkly

I told my coworker (who is younger) that I was going to see Cam'ron and she said "who's that?" image

I'm not hating on anyone, I understand this is a part of life. You get older, the new generation comes in and takes over. What was hot (Jay, Cam, Juelz, Ja, 50, Fab) is not even relevant to most of these young kids. They listen to Playboi Carti, Uzi, Roddy Richh, Young Thug - and I'm not hating on any of that. It's just the circle of life fellas.

Just like for the most of us (guys between 25-40), we didn't pay the most respect to the rappers that came before us (LL Cool J, Ice T, Run DMC, Moe Dee, DJ Polo, and so on)

So now we're on the receiving end of this cycle. What we did to our elders, is being done to us. We didn't fu*k with the "old heads" when we were young, and the new cats definitely aren't fu*king with our sh*t like that. NOT ALL, but most

It's okay to bow out gracefully, fu*k with what you fu*k with, and not stress about "keeping up". If i was hanging out with a shorty in her early 20s, I wouldn't know what fu*king type of music to play image Probably Drake to be safe, but who knows image I'm out of touch with all that new sh*t, and I'm okay with it. I get more excited for an Eminem album than I do for a Da Baby album, I rather listen to an old Lloyd Banks mixtape than listen to a new Young Thug album, seeing Jadakiss do a song with Pusha T excites me more than seeing Travis Scott do a song with Quavo

My name is @48laws and I'm an old head image

Last edited by 48laws; 02-21-2020 at 10:42 AM..
+683   

best
worst
334 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #2
48laws  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
Anyone had that “I’m an old head” moment yet?
+229   

1 month ago '18        #3
fleejianlian 
space
space
Props total: 1199 1 K  Slaps total: 156 156
now imagine me at 18 in the same setting with nobody my age demographic
+33   

1 month ago '10        #4
eightytyson06 
space
space
Props total: 14979 14 K  Slaps total: 1141 1 K
Yeah man was playing big poppa by big at work and these interns asked who was that. Same thing happened with ice cube today was a good day. I'm only 32 damn I'm old man
+151   

1 month ago '13        #5
Vercetti 
space
space
Props total: 9481 9 K  Slaps total: 692 692
I was born in 1985, is that considered an "old head"?
+177   

1 month ago '20        #6
cr8ed2bh8ed585 
space
space
Props total: 220 220  Slaps total: 7 7
I turn 30 in less than a month. I'm still in denial.
+106   

1 month ago '04        #7
LightAndBlaze 
space
space
Props total: 14414 14 K  Slaps total: 469 469
Asked my younger cousin if he fu*ked with Griselda...

He said it's aight for old head music...

He likes A Boogie and Roody Rich...
+75   

1 month ago '04        #8
LightAndBlaze 
space
space
Props total: 14414 14 K  Slaps total: 469 469
 Vercetti said
Yup I'm '84...
+61   

1 month ago '11        #9
darealvelle 
space
space
Props total: 10972 10 K  Slaps total: 519 519
 eightytyson06 said
Yeah man was playing big poppa by big at work and these interns asked who was that. Same thing happened with ice cube today was a good day. I'm only 32 damn I'm old man
You are only 32 years old, that is not old at all bro lol.
+50   

1 month ago '18        #10
Yanga 
space
space
space
Props total: 4505 4 K  Slaps total: 1977 1 K
You dummies are in your 30s talking about " ohh man I'm so old"

Yeah, too old to let a bunch of teenagers make you feel insecure about being 3 years removed from your 20's. Who raised you pathetic fu*ks?
+184   

1 month ago '05        #11
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 40537 40 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
You were in my hood...

...the Howard Theatre was abandoned when I was a kid - used to zoom past that sh*t everyday walkin to the Metro.

...Wiltberger St and that abandoned a*s theatre used to be crackhead central - if those walls could talk, they wouldn't have too much nice to say.

Now it's white as fu*k - sh*t crazy.

Fun fact: they dumped the car they used to shoot Cam in literally a block away on 6th-n-U, and when he was shot, they took him to Howard Hospital...

LDP
+34   

1 month ago '06        #12
louielou 
space
space
Props total: 2519 2 K  Slaps total: 273 273
 48laws said
Anyone had that ďIím an old headĒ moment yet?
When I pulled up to my son's high school, bro life hit me in the face iam a fu*king old Head
+42   

1 month ago '16        #13
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 28040 28 K  Slaps total: 4920 4 K
 Vercetti said
I was born and 90 and I can relate with op, so yes by default
+14   

1 month ago '06        #14
louielou 
space
space
Props total: 2519 2 K  Slaps total: 273 273
 louielou said
When I pulled up to my son's high school, bro life hit me in the face iam a fu*king old Head
My son's boys be telling me iam a cool old Head.
+35   

1 month ago '13        #15
North!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 69409 69 K  Slaps total: 8111 8 K
 48laws said
I low key go thru this at uzi, carti, ASAP mob shows

Iím in my mid 20s

Majority of the crowd under 25

They like to mosh and donít believe in personal space

I just want to vibe to the music...
+33   

1 month ago '07        #16
Cartel-Clipz 
space
space
Props total: 62156 62 K  Slaps total: 4189 4 K
I got invited to the Griselda show at the Paradise last night. Could've got in with my peoples for free. I'm just kind of over live shows at this point. Used to hit all the events in my 20's and had a blast but it just doesn't interest me anymore
+26   

1 month ago '16        #17
castroThirteen 
space
space
Props total: 11179 11 K  Slaps total: 1976 1 K
You're as "old" as you believe yourself to be.

I'm wise. Not old.

"I get more excited for an Eminem album" and the fact that you're still going to shows may explain it all
+30   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #18
space
space
 castroThirteen said
You're as "old" as you believe yourself to be.

I'm wise. Not old.

"I get more excited for an Eminem album" and the fact that you're still going to camron shows may explain it all
Never seen him live, prolly never will again figured might as well, he prolly not touring for much longer

I like live music ó- I know, shocking for a hiphop forum
+20   

1 month ago '07        #19
Sincere730 
space
space
Props total: 22341 22 K  Slaps total: 3068 3 K
Captain obvious

Cam came out 98 of course his base is old heads

So
+4   

1 month ago '18        #20
InfamousJ 
space
space
Props total: 2850 2 K  Slaps total: 436 436
 48laws said
Every time I see these young dudes in skinny jeans and if that's the style now I'm cool with being older. Ain't nothing worse than seeing older guys trying to wear much younger fashions. They literally look like clowns
+20   

1 month ago '18        #21
Twrecz 
space
space
Props total: 2618 2 K  Slaps total: 253 253
 48laws said
And you know, you probably are too

The show was in DC last night, at the Howard Theatre, and the crowd consisted of 80s babies. Guys way past their prime, rocking their freshest kicks and rolling with the homies. I'd guess for every 99 guys there might have been 1 female

I was high as sh*t, and I remember I zoned out for a bit, and I was just scanning the audience and I thought to myself "damn, I'm old". Not a single person under 25 I'd bet. Dudes were old, you could tell that they had kids or a stressful job, they look tired (probably because they came straight from a long day of work), they looked a bit out of shape, shape ups weren't as crisp, shirts were a little bit more wrinkly

I told my coworker (who is younger) that I was going to see Cam'ron and she said "who's that?"

I'm not hating on anyone, I understand this is a part of life. You get older, the new generation comes in and takes over. What was hot (Jay, Cam, Juelz, Ja, 50, Fab) is not even relevant to most of these young kids. They listen to Playboi Carti, Uzi, Roddy Richh, Young Thug - and I'm not hating on any of that. It's just the circle of life fellas.

Just like for the most of us (guys between 25-40), we didn't pay the most respect to the rappers that came before us (LL Cool J, Ice T, Run DMC, Moe Dee, DJ Polo, and so on)

So now we're on the receiving end of this cycle. What we did to our elders, is being done to us. We didn't fu*k with the "old heads" when we were young, and the new cats definitely aren't fu*king with our sh*t like that. NOT ALL, but most

It's okay to bow out gracefully, fu*k with what you fu*k with, and not stress about "keeping up". If i was hanging out with a shorty in her early 20s, I wouldn't know what fu*king type of music to play Probably Drake to be safe, but who knows I'm out of touch with all that new sh*t, and I'm okay with it. I get more excited for an Eminem album than I do for a Da Baby album, I rather listen to an old Lloyd Banks mixtape than listen to a new Young Thug album, seeing Jadakiss do a song with Pusha T excites me more than seeing Travis Scott do a song with Quavo

My name is @ and I'm an old head

Welcome to the club. All you young brehs out there...enjoy cuz you get old quick outchea and you dont see it happening

Last edited by Twrecz; 02-21-2020 at 11:51 AM..
+19   

1 month ago '13        #22
gow 
space
space
Props total: 1623 1 K  Slaps total: 1169 1 K

+7   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #23
space
space
this was also a reminder/lesson that the Internet inflates things, and that reality doesn't always reflect it

for example: Camron GIFs and Memes are semi-popular on the interwebs, I still see the Cam pics of him decked out in pink fur floating around from time to time, I'll see people using the Cam memes on Twitter more than you'd think

none of these people were at this show
+21   

1 month ago '16        #24
TheFreshPrince 
space
space
Props total: 270 270  Slaps total: 17 17
 48laws said
All the damn time. Especially working in a school
+5   

1 month ago '04        #25
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 20565 20 K  Slaps total: 1272 1 K
look at it like this. Juelz first album came out 17 years ago. He’s almost 40 now when he was barely in his 20s when he came on the scene. You’re not necessarily an old head but the stuff you listened to back in middle school/high school is old. I listen to some of the dipset stuff now but I also listen to a lot of new stuff. I don’t consider myself an old head and I’m 33. The top rappers of the industry now are in my age bracket(Drake,Kendrick, Cole,etc)

+35   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Mar 31 - Rikers Island prisoners are being offered PPE and $6 an hour to dig m..
34 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  20
The Illest Netflix or Prime Original Movie You've seen Thus Far
64 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  17
If you got excellent credit with a stable job, now would be the time to financ..
258 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+41online now  9
Video inside FBI RAIDS Jewish guy in BROOKLYN NY for HOARDING 5,000 boxes of N95 masks
172 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy