S30 Ultra, S30 Plus & S30

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
52 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '06        #1
2300 page views
24 comments

LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 14556 14 K  Slaps total: 1362 1 K
S30 Ultra, S30 Plus & S30

The Samsung Galaxy S30 is expected to arrive February 2021, and while it's a bit early to know just about anything specific about the upcoming Galaxy generation, we think we have a pretty good understanding what the Galaxy S30-series will bring to the table. Samsung is a company that values tradition while simultaneously trying to shake things up, but for the most part, the Galaxy S flagship series follows a predictable railroaded path. This makes it somewhat possible to foretell what specs and features the phones will carry.

Galaxy S30 Design

Our expectations are that the Galaxy S30 series will reiterate the design decisions that Samsung has opted for in the past few years.

Namely, we expect curved displays to become a thing of the past as Samsung has been gradually phasing the ultra-curved edges of old out, ironing the kinks and coming full-circle back to mostly flat displays. In the gesture-based world of modern interfaces, overly curved displays proved to be more of a nuisance than a beneficial hardware feature.

Bezels are likely going to shrink even more. One of the ways Samsung could shave off a big nuisance from the front side of its next flagships by employing a selfie camera that has been hidden underneath the display. We've already been hearing about these tucked-away cameras for a while, and rumors put them in the Galaxy Fold 2, Note 20, and, you guessed it, the Galaxy S30 series. It will save some of that precious screen real estate and help achieve an uninterrupted display without employing any motorized pop-up cameras or other clever workarounds. As the Galaxy S20 is a pretty heardware-heavy update, we expect the Galaxy S30 family to put slightly more emphasis on the design.

Galaxy S30, S30 Plus, S30 Ultra Specs & Hardware

While it's still too early to be prophetic about what's going on to happen under the hood of the Galaxy S30 series, Samsung isn't very keen on shaking things around, thus it's easy to guesstimate what hardware will make the cut. Judging from the trend of the past three years, we expect a minor 0.1-inch bump in display size, as well as a minor bump in battery capacity.

The base S30 will likely get a ToF camera at the back, as well as an under-display selfie camera, which would likely be ready for the prime time in 2021. Moreover, we expect the S30 Plus to also grow, both in terms of display and battery size, whereas the top-end S30 Ultra will quite likely surpass the 7.0-inch barrier when it comes to display size. We're slowly creeping into what used to be tablet territory, everyone!

Galaxy S30 specs

Here are the expected Samsung Galaxy S30 specs:

6.3-inch 120Hz Dynamic AMOLED display
Snapdragon 875 chipset / Unknown Exynos chipset
10/12/16GB RAM
12MP+64MP+12MP+ToF cameras
Under-screen selfie camera
128GB/256GB/512GB storage, microSD card slot
4,100mAh battery
5G connectivity
Android 11 with One UI

Galaxy S30 Plus specs

Here are the expected Samsung Galaxy S30 Plus specs:

6.8-inch 120Hz Dynamic AMOLED display
12/16GB RAM
256GB/512GB storage, microSD card slot
4,700mAh battery
5G connectivity
Android 11 with One UI

Galaxy S30 Ultra specs:

Here are the expected Samsung Galaxy S30 Ultra specs:

7.1-inch 120Hz Dynamic AMOLED display
12/16GB RAM
256GB/512GB storage, microSD card slot
5,100mAh battery
5G connectivity
Android 11 with One UI

Galaxy S30 Camera

The Galaxy S30, S30 Plus, and S30 Ultra will certainly push things even further. With the Galaxy S20-series setting new standards for the Galaxy family, the Galaxy S30-series will most definitely continue to improve the photography prowess of the next flagship generation.

Supposedly, the camera setup will remain the same and consist of a main triple-camera system that employs an ultra-wide, wide, and telephoto lenses, as well as a supplementary ToF sensor for depth measurement that is mostly used in portraits and augmented reality scenarios. Supposedly, this camera tech would trickle to the lower tier S30 and S30 Plus, and wouldn't be an exclusive to the top-tier S30 Ultra.

Speaking of the cameras, we simply can't pass up that under-display selfie camera that has been rumored for a while. The technology wasn't ready for the S20 and will reportedly debut with the Galaxy Fold 2, which is coming sometime in 2020. The caveat of the technology so far are pretty simple: a transparent OLED display is needed to ensure for a pristine imaging quality, and existing panels simply don't cut it. Once Samsung fu

Galaxy S30 Price & availability

If we use wishful thinking, we wouldn't want Samsung to increase prices even further than they currently stand with the S20-series. As a reminder, the base Galaxy S20 starts at $999, the S20 Plus costs $1,199, and the S20 Ultra comes in at a hefty $1,399.

While just about everyone expected the Galaxy S20 to actually be cheaper than rumored, it turned out that the rumor mill was spot on on the price hike as well. Thus, it wouldn't be too outlandish to factor in another minor price hike for the Galaxy S30, S30 Plus, and S30 Ultra, probably in the ballpark of $50, but it is dubious if the Android market would receive well such a price increase from Samsung for a second year in a row.

Galaxy S30 expected prices:

Galaxy S30 ó $999-$1,049
Galaxy S30 Plus ó $1,199-$1,249
Galaxy S30 Ultra ó $1,399-$1,449

Hopefully, Samsung would find a way to outdo itself next year without having to increase prices above the 1,000-dollar barrier, but it remains to be seen if our hoped for a more affordable flagship come to fruition.

visit this link https://www.phonearena.co .. eview_id122371
+1   

best
worst
24 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
LYTE  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 14556 14 K  Slaps total: 1362 1 K
fn websites be ODing
s20 isn't even out yet and they're talking about s30
+19   

1 month ago '11        #3
KingP1n 
space
space
Props total: 6253 6 K  Slaps total: 942 942
Meh might as well for the S40 imo.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #4
The Waraba  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 5303 5 K  Slaps total: 1100 1 K
We got the specs of the S800 a*s n*ggas.

And don't them sh*t gonna be called S21, S22, S23 etc ...
+7   

1 month ago '05        #5
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
Props total: 42352 42 K  Slaps total: 6301 6 K
Will Be Called S21 Like The Year Its Suppose To Come Out In... 2021

Going From A 108 MP Cam To A 12 MP

Last edited by TonyCartagena; 02-19-2020 at 09:23 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '07        #6
iswerve 
space
space
Props total: 16827 16 K  Slaps total: 2521 2 K
so theyre not going for the year names like s21, s22....etc?

1 month ago '17        #7
bxivz 
space
space
Props total: 251 251  Slaps total: 32 32
Meh not surprised, Nothing know on their device probably going to have the same tech from the s20 is they are already coming out with the specs this early. i think ill stay with my s10+ until it craps out.

1 month ago '05        #8
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 9515 9 K  Slaps total: 888 888
S30?!? n*gga the S20 is about to drop wtf is this?!?
+1   

1 month ago '05        #9
Quddus 
space
space
space
Props total: 9594 9 K  Slaps total: 2351 2 K
 KingP1n said
Meh might as well for the S40 imo.
Nah I want the s70. Virtual screen

1 month ago '05        #10
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4572 4 K  Slaps total: 317 317
specs on these phones definitely don't mean sh*t anymore. Just a bunch of money-hungry schemes by these ho a*s companies
+1   

1 month ago '04        #11
NaMeLeSs- 
space
space
Props total: 8054 8 K  Slaps total: 514 514
What is Samsung doing with these numbers

1 month ago '04        #12
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
Props total: 993 993  Slaps total: 378 378
 PhrozenMenace said
specs on these phones definitely don't mean sh*t anymore. Just a bunch of money-hungry schemes by these ho a*s companies
All these damn specs and thr sh*t still gone lag and not be as smooth as the iphone

1 month ago '04        #13
abacabb 
space
space
Props total: 14936 14 K  Slaps total: 4140 4 K

1 month ago '05        #14
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said
All these damn specs and thr sh*t still gone lag and not be as smooth as the iphone
apple is on dumb sh*t too and they're usually the main ones to start bad ideas ,like the notch

1 month ago '04        #15
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
Props total: 993 993  Slaps total: 378 378
 PhrozenMenace said
apple is on dumb sh*t too and they're usually the main ones to start bad ideas ,like the notch
The notch is for identification purposes. Apple is smart, they know that there needs to be something that allows you to distinguish an Apple from an Android. Look at how many Androids copied the notch lmao!

Samsung just throws useless specs into the phone and itís still gone lag lmao lmao.

I own a galaxy note 10 plus and an iPhone 11 pro max and while both are cool, the iPhone is such a more smooth and enjoyable device to use.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #16
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said
The notch is for identification purposes. Apple is smart, they know that there needs to be something that allows you to distinguish an Apple from an Android. Look at how many Androids copied the notch lmao!

Samsung just throws useless specs into the phone and itís still gone lag lmao lmao.

I own a galaxy note 10 plus and an iPhone 11 pro max and while both are cool, the iPhone is such a more smooth and enjoyable device to use.
apple is apple to me. don't much care for a lot of stuff from them. They have some good stuff and some bad just like others. I just grew tired of these phones being too expensive for no reason. I like tech stuff and there's really not much exciting stuff going on with some of these companies...new camera, many new cameras, new easier to break screens...more social media advertised gadgets that i could care less for

apple will still lag behind in areas to play it safe and then bring some of the features out years later

samsung will still come out with stuff that'll raise the price even more and copy some dumb stuff from apple

as long as you're enjoying your devices...
+2   

1 month ago '12        #17
CaLis LEGACY 
space
space
Props total: 5222 5 K  Slaps total: 711 711
I'm good with my note 10 plus probably ain't getting any new phone till this one gives out which I hope to be in like 5 years +
+1   

1 month ago '11        #18
nfo187 
space
space
Props total: 5003 5 K  Slaps total: 850 850
With 5g..phones will be staying at those prices...its whats paying for the technology

1 month ago '12        #19
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 95583 95 K  Slaps total: 6880 6 K
 abacabb said
just a few more days and shes mine

1 month ago '04        #20
abacabb 
space
space
Props total: 14936 14 K  Slaps total: 4140 4 K
 OldBusiness said
just a few more days and shes mine
I been rocking the S10+ but the Ultra is calling me....

I might hold out for the Note since the Ultra is basically Note prices.

1 month ago '12        #21
OldBusiness 
space
space
 abacabb said
I been rocking the S10+ but the Ultra is calling me....

I might hold out for the Note since the Ultra is basically Note prices.
I got the email today that it shipped out this morning

@

I did the two day shipping

Man I would have waited on the note...but I realize I don't use the pen like I used too
+1   

1 month ago '17        #22
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 85186 85 K  Slaps total: 5268 5 K
 OldBusiness said
I got the email today that it shipped out this morning

@

I did the two day shipping

Man I would have waited on the note...but I realize I don't use the pen like I used too
I've been checking every hour to see if mines been shipped ed. I'm horribly impatient and wished my wife never told me.

1 month ago '12        #23
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
I've been checking every hour to see if mines been shipped ed. I'm horribly impatient and wished my wife never told me.

lol i knew when i got the notification showing i was charged.

Now we wait

its tons of ppl on the samsung forums who got their s20s and s20+'s and JUST A few s20 ultraS
+1   

1 month ago '17        #24
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 85186 85 K  Slaps total: 5268 5 K
 OldBusiness said
lol i knew when i got the notification showing i was charged.

Now we wait

its tons of ppl on the samsung forums who got their s20s and s20+'s and JUST A few s20 ultraS
I just got the notification that my phone shipped.

1 month ago '12        #25
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
I just got the notification that my phone shipped.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
The Illest Netflix or Prime Original Movie You've seen Thus Far
64 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
If you got excellent credit with a stable job, now would be the time to financ..
259 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  19
Mar 31 - Rikers Island prisoners are being offered PPE and $6 an hour to dig m..
35 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+41online now  14
Video inside FBI RAIDS Jewish guy in BROOKLYN NY for HOARDING 5,000 boxes of N95 masks
172 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy