The conspiracy against After Earth

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
194 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section tv / movies

1 month ago '17        #1
3756 page views
78 comments

LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
space
space
Props total: 48462 48 K  Slaps total: 21867 21 K
The conspiracy against After Earth

A 4.8

A 4 POINT fu*kING 8 ON IMDB

WHAT!

I remember almost every scene in this movie

Godamn movie was near flawless

Sorry man, I just dont believe it.

I'll quote a review I just read on IMDB

How many box office movies staring us ain't about pimping or gangsters or slavery or something.

:kermitcmonson:
+31   

best
worst
78 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 48133 48 K  Slaps total: 7243 7 K
 LostTenets said

How many box office movies staring us ain't about pimping or gangsters or slavery or something.

:kermitcmonson:

Here's one

I mean bruh, this thread ain't going to go.....the way you want it to go.

Google is your friend.

Edit - Aliases and mad n*ggas slapping on a Monday morning

You hate to see it

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 02-17-2020 at 03:32 AM..

1 month ago '17        #3
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 25500 25 K  Slaps total: 999 999
After Earth was okay at best, has its problems, but it's not as bad as ppl say it is.

At the time, M Knight's reputation was simply poison. He really fu*ked up with Last Airbender and ppl weren't done destroying him for that.

And then theres the nepotism fake outrage, which I believe actually does have a racial undertone to it. Hollywood is riddled with generations of nepotism, but as soon as a black dynasty is being created, ppl got a problem with it.

Glad Jaden survived After Earth, made his own lane, and found a way to prosper out here.
+34   

1 month ago '07        #4
Jumbo Rondo 
space
space
Props total: 38385 38 K  Slaps total: 5469 5 K
Movie was terrible
+22   

1 month ago '18        #5
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 19029 19 K  Slaps total: 4260 4 K
Never seen it, but too many people are invested in ratings of people they don't know. If you liked it, why does a rating matter?
+15   

1 month ago '12        #6
Stormin Norm 
space
space
Props total: 332 332  Slaps total: 22 22
Movie was trash to me
+7   

1 month ago '17        #7
Ifeellikekobe 
space
space
Props total: 42914 42 K  Slaps total: 2730 2 K
My only problem is people like to blame will smith instead that bum a*s director M. Knight
+12   

1 month ago '15        #8
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 9342 9 K  Slaps total: 1425 1 K
All i remember about this movie is falling asleep and having one of the best naps to that sh*t. Is it better than Annihilation so you would say?
+2   

1 month ago '18        #9
Tony Prosper 
space
space
space
Props total: 1597 1 K  Slaps total: 225 225
I like movies about other worlds and sh*t so I enjoyed it.

Shorty who played the daughter had me like
+8   

1 month ago '18        #10
Tony Prosper 
space
space
space
Props total: 1597 1 K  Slaps total: 225 225
 Tony Prosper said
I like movies about other worlds and sh*t so I enjoyed it.

Shorty who played the daughter had me like

:Edit: It's Zoe Kravitz
+3   

1 month ago '16        #11
96jordan 
space
space
Props total: 3466 3 K  Slaps total: 577 577
That movie is a*s my g. Jaden Smith better at music than acting and those mfs day take a knee every 5 mins. Also shamaylan was one that severe trash run when he made that
+2   

1 month ago '12        #12
LicensedLegend 
space
space
Props total: 8365 8 K  Slaps total: 1110 1 K
 Ifeellikekobe said
My only problem is people like to blame will smith instead that bum a*s director M. Knight
The director was getting it from all angles. Itís what made him stop doing big budget, and started doing smaller indie type stuff. What do you mean they were blaming will and not him?
+3   

1 month ago '19        #13
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 3161 3 K  Slaps total: 1407 1 K
After Earth is one of my top 3 Will Smith movies. I never understood the hate that it got.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #14
space
space
Props total: 1361 1 K  Slaps total: 109 109
 Micheal C. Will said

Here's one

Google is your friend.
After Earth is ok at best but not as bad as people say and Black Panther is ok at best and nowhere near as good as the hype suggested at the time.

The difference is, people still say After Earth is weak whereas a lot of those who over hyped Black Panther now acknowledge that it was just average.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #15
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 786 said
After Earth is ok at best but not as bad as people say and Black Panther is ok at best and nowhere near as good as the hype suggested at the time.

The difference is, people still say After Earth is weak whereas a lot of those who over hyped Black Panther now acknowledge that it was just average.
Yea, but OP was talking about where were the box office hits with African Americans...not if they were good movies or not.

I mean here's another two, from 20 and almost 30 years ago

+6   

1 month ago '15        #16
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 
space
space
Props total: 38262 38 K  Slaps total: 4870 4 K
Movie is awful my guy.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #17
Panem 
space
space
space
Props total: 512 512  Slaps total: 162 162
 Micheal C. Will said

Here's one

Google is your friend.

One movie that went as quick as it came.

It truly baffles me that in a country as big as the US, they always only find the same type of colored people playing the same roles. But when we have a colored person, a beautiful girl, play a fu*king mermaid, everybody is up in arms.
+3   

1 month ago '13        #18
batmanwithprep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14950 14 K  Slaps total: 464 464
 1Oh said
After Earth was okay at best, has its problems, but it's not as bad as ppl say it is.

At the time, M Knight's reputation was simply poison. He really fu*ked up with Last Airbender and ppl weren't done destroying him for that.

And then theres the nepotism fake outrage, which I believe actually does have a racial undertone to it. Hollywood is riddled with generations of nepotism, but as soon as a black dynasty is being created, ppl got a problem with it.

Glad Jaden survived After Earth, made his own lane, and found a way to prosper out here.
Came in here to say this. I was on IMDb back when they had message boards, and people were hating the movie before a damn trailer even dropped. Same thing with Karate Kid, Pursuit of Happyness, that movie with Keanu Reeves. They really got triggered by Will putting his own son on, despite Hollywood being all about neoptism since it came into existence.

That being said, I thought the movie was alright, I'd maybe give it a 7. Watchable at least. But I feel the same way about Wild Wild West, another film I think gets a lot of unnecessary hate, so maybe I'm biased
+12   

1 month ago '11        #19
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 18361 18 K  Slaps total: 1083 1 K
 1Oh said

batmanwithprep said
Came in here to say this. I was on IMDb back when they had message boards, and people were hating the movie before a damn trailer even dropped. Same thing with Karate Kid, Pursuit of Happyness, that movie with Keanu Reeves. They really got triggered by Will putting his own son on, despite Hollywood being all about neoptism since it came into existence.

That being said, I thought the movie was alright, I'd maybe give it a 7. Watchable at least. But I feel the same way about Wild Wild West, another film I think gets a lot of unnecessary hate, so maybe I'm biased

Ifeellikekobe said
this.

the movie wasn't necessarily bad but at that time M. Knight shalalala was still in purgatory. seeing his name was already a turn off for the movie. people only showed interest because of will. and then to be honest the movie was more about Jaden but they promoted it as a Will Smith movie. and at that point will was still on his movie star swagg so he didn't promote that movie and let the critics get to him.

i wouldn't have mind to see a sequel.

Last edited by kevin boogz; 02-17-2020 at 02:47 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '15        #20
Mal215 
space
space
space
Props total: 10293 10 K  Slaps total: 1488 1 K
I heard this movie was awful

Like ops love life
+2   

1 month ago '05        #21
space
space
Props total: 1361 1 K  Slaps total: 109 109
 Micheal C. Will said
Yea, but OP was talking about where were the box office hits with African Americans...not if they were good movies or not.

I mean here's another two, from 20 and almost 30 years ago

I see what you're saying, good point.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #22
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 25500 25 K  Slaps total: 999 999
Ppl love to shade Black Panther like it's a fluke, but when BP2 drop Coogler gon stick his whole foot in yall a*ses... 1.5+ Billie. Avengers numbers.

+9   

1 month ago '05        #23
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Panem said
One movie that went as quick as it came.

It truly baffles me that in a country as big as the US, they always only find the same type of colored people playing the same roles. But when we have a colored person, a beautiful girl, play a fu*king mermaid, everybody is up in arms.
It wasn't the only film tho, check the posts and keep it moving.

1 month ago '17        #24
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22 OP
space
space
Props total: 48462 48 K  Slaps total: 21867 21 K
 kevin boogz said
this.

the movie wasn't necessarily bad but at that time M. Knight shalalala was still in purgatory. seeing his name was already a turn off for the movie. people only showed interest because of will. and then to be honest the movie was more about Jaden but they promoted it as a Will Smith movie. and at that point will was still on his movie star swagg so he didn't promote that movie and let the critics get to him.

i wouldn't have mind to see a sequel.
I made this thread cuz I watched split and it was fire. Went to see who wrote it and it was m night. I remember everybody hating m night and I cant figure out why. I haven't seen the village, which people trashed. I saw signs, after earth, and this, and the first unbreakable. I'm about to watch the rest of those.

After earth was great, if you couldn't understand the reason for it being great, it was at least a decent watch.

The bad reviews are lies scams and racism. fu*k that.

I bet m nights bad reviews are racist sh*t too. With that said I haven't seen the village.

Split could have been a tad better executed, still great watch tho.

Scams all around after all the sh*t oscar movies that were nominated this year.

Black panther came out after Oscar's so white controversy. sh*t changing now because of force change.

When it comes to us have a script with depth and what not, before get out, we were being fu*kED. Get out is also post oscarssowhite. Yeah sh*t changing, but this after earth sh*t is an example of what's been going on. Its bullsh*t
+1   

1 month ago '05        #25
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 786 said
I see what you're saying, good point.
Not sure why you didn't see it before quoting me but it's ok

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  41
Article inside The Weeknd Dropped "After Hours" Despite Label Urging Against It
85 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  36
Article inside 'Tiger King' Producers Respond to Carole Baskin Criticism: 'She wasn'..
62 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+24online now  33
Well Damn, somebody came with the facts/stats Re: Michael Jordan vs Larry ..
131 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+38online now  18
Mar 28 - Donald Dump keeps proving he's the dumbest politician/president in hi..
72 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy