Eddy Curry opens up about the horrific murder of his ex-girlfriend and infant daughter

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '07        #1
3253 page views
43 comments

theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
space
space
Props total: 97703 97 K  Slaps total: 22748 22 K
Eddy Curry opens up about the horrific murder of his ex-girlfriend and infant daughter

Eddy Curry would like you to stop thinking of him as a joke.

The former No. 4 overall pick in the NBA draft who never turned into the big man the post-Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls envisioned published an emotionally devastating piece in The Players’ Tribune on Thursday.

In the piece, Curry goes through a number of heartbreaking stories about his life as an NBA player and why he doesn’t appreciate people laughing at his life, starting with the murder of his ex-girlfriend and infant daughter.

In January 2009, Nova Henry, 24, and her 10-month-old daughter Ava were shot dead by her ex-boyfriend and the lawyer who had handled the child support payments negotiated with Curry, Frederick Goings. Curry was married at the time and still is, but had kept his relationship with Henry a secret from his wife.

The tragedy was made even worse by Henry and Curry’s other child, Noah, who was 3 years old at the time and witnessed the shootings. From Curry:

Before I knew it, I was on a plane flying back to New York, and even just within those few hours more and more details became clear. I found out that my son Noah was right there when his mother and sister were shot. But he was so little that he didn’t really understand what had happened. He’d tried to wake up his mom after the shooting, so when the officers went in and found him there, he had blood all over him. He actually laid down next to her and had fallen asleep.

Noah hadn’t been able to wake up his mom or his sister, and probably thought they were sleeping, so he went to sleep, too.

Goings was convicted on two counts of first-degree murder in 2013 and sentenced to life in prison. Curry and his wife Patrice stayed together and raised Noah along with their other children.

That was just one of the episodes Curry recounted in his piece. The whole thing is a dark example of what can happen when a young person is given millions of dollars without knowing who he can trust or how to say “no.”

There was this story about his agent:

Just a few months after the funeral, in the summer of 2009, I had to sue my agent because he was taking loans in my name and spending tons of my money without telling me.

At one point he actually went out and had a rubber stamp made with my signature on it, so he could just buy whatever he wanted — TVs, Escalades, trips, you name it. He even used that stamp to borrow $500,000 from this dude who had a company that charged an 85% interest rate. Didn’t tell me. Didn’t fill me in later. Just stamped the paper.

I found out when I got sued several months later, after the interest had taken the loan up over $2 million.

And another about a person who he thought was a friend:

I’ll never forget this one time when I had to send off some life insurance papers to my accountant and asked a friend to drop the envelope in the mail for me.

This guy’s been my friend forever. We go way back. So what’s he do?

He opens up the envelope and adds his name to the forms so that if I die 10% of my a*sets would go to him.

With people like that in his life, it makes a little more sense how Curry went from making over $70 million in his NBA career — even as a bust — to having his own house foreclosed on in 2009.

The whole piece is worth reading, and a strong reminder that people might see professional athletes as a number of things — an idol, a nemesis, a stats generator and, in Curry’s case, a joke — but they are still human beings that can go through things many can’t even imagine.
+34   

best
worst
43 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 35337 35 K  Slaps total: 3300 3 K
Sad sh*t. RIP.
+14   

2 weeks ago '16        #3
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 69732 69 K  Slaps total: 11195 11 K
Eddy Curry for like a 2 year stretch was Baby Shaq.

I hate his work ethic, but when he wanted that bag he was a fu*kin Ox down in the paint.
+28   

2 weeks ago '19        #4
Simp Hand Weak 
space
space
Props total: 5985 5 K  Slaps total: 1556 1 K
The girls ex boyfriend was their child support lawyer, they came up with a scheme to get Eddie Curry
+11   

2 weeks ago '10        #5
SmoothTay 
space
space
Props total: 53306 53 K  Slaps total: 7692 7 K
Some sick sh*t
+8   

2 weeks ago '20        #6
HennesyEnemies 
space
space
Props total: 454 454  Slaps total: 287 287
Noah hadn’t been able to wake up his mom or his sister, and probably thought they were sleeping, so he went to sleep, too.
+54   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
Thuggy C 
space
space
Props total: 434 434  Slaps total: 295 295
 HennesyEnemies said
That part got me to. Sad.
+12   

2 weeks ago '07        #8
JohnDoe 
space
space
Props total: 8893 8 K  Slaps total: 1634 1 K
Theres probably 50 million people in America living under the same conditions, his story shouldn't be viewed as an outlier. This country can give you monetary success but take everything sacred in the process.

2 weeks ago '11        #9
dublosevn 
space
space
Props total: 172 172  Slaps total: 19 19
I read the whole article last night, long but good read. That dude had some sh*tty a*s people around him throughout his NBA life. Glad to see he's in a good place.

He legit had the skills to be a baby Shaq and dominate down low, he was big and nimble. But his heart just wasn't in it. I understand that now after reading the article.

I remember a reporter asked his coach what he needed to do to improve his rebounding, coach said 'jump'... When him and Tyson Chandler came into the league together as the baby Bulls, I would've never guessed that Chandler would've been the one with a solid NBA career.
+24   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
McGirt876  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 7318 7 K  Slaps total: 594 594
My sis sent me this article early this morning.... sh*ts sad and fu*ked up. Props to Eddy for not doing a nose dive cuz most MF couldn't survive that whole ordeal.
+16   

2 weeks ago '12        #11
Di Warlord 
space
space
Props total: 20707 20 K  Slaps total: 1187 1 K
Curry had some good games as a Knick, never really watched him on the Bulls though

Was he on the Bulls the same time that Bulls player went up in the stands and g-checked someone that was fu*king with his wife?
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #12
disDformariah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
space
space
Props total: 13205 13 K  Slaps total: 2922 2 K
Can u post the source ? I want to read the entire article
+5   

2 weeks ago '09        #13
TriniSoldier 
space
space
Props total: 76559 76 K  Slaps total: 18244 18 K
This n*gga is a fu*king clown. Out here having a secret family and she fu*king the guy who's in charge of how much money you paying them? Oh lord
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #14
biff 
space
space
Props total: 403 403  Slaps total: 343 343
R.i.p one of my favorite players

2 weeks ago '17        #15
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 16820 16 K  Slaps total: 8947 8 K
This got me
He’d tried to wake up his mom after the shooting, so when the officers went in and found him there, he had blood all over him. He actually laid down next to her and had fallen asleep.
+11   

2 weeks ago '18        #16
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
Props total: 8038 8 K  Slaps total: 408 408
 HennesyEnemies said
fu*k man, that part broke my heart. You read some sh*t like that all you can do is think about your kids
+10   

2 weeks ago '18        #17
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said

I hate his work ethic, but when he wanted that bag he was a fu*kin Ox down in the paint.
I used to watch him before school on Chicago hoops, but some sad sh*t all around
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #18
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 16072 16 K  Slaps total: 1597 1 K
 MHP Trotty said

+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
dagreat1_87 
space
space
Props total: 8985 8 K  Slaps total: 428 428
 HennesyEnemies said
yea that almost had them tears rolling man...just a fu*ked up situation...hope that lawyer gets fu*ked with a dry rolling pin daily in jail

I will say the fact he had a secret family and his wife didn't find this out until all of that happened had to be a even crazier situation to go through.
+11   

2 weeks ago '18        #20
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
 Qbert said
Eddy had his moments
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
smurfdoran 
space
space
space
Props total: 807 807  Slaps total: 65 65
 TriniSoldier said
This n*gga is a fu*king clown. Out here having a secret family and she fu*king the guy who's in charge of how much money you paying them? Oh lord
Truth will always come to the light.
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #22
Oceans 
space
space
Props total: 5907 5 K  Slaps total: 1172 1 K
novas brother is ryan from that black ink chicago show
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #23
BrBHZ 
space
space
Props total: 4949 4 K  Slaps total: 124 124
if you ever needed a reason to not trust a lawyer or financial adviser...Damn that whole situation was fu*ked up.

Curry has had some bad breaks
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #24
SE Texas713 
space
space
Props total: 1245 1 K  Slaps total: 73 73
Just read this and glad I did. It reminds me of a convo I had just this week about I think it’s wack for someone like lebron to have to go to all star festivities for 15 years straight they should be able to at least sit out one yr. his stance was oh poor guys they have to work and drink beers with millionaires. Sucks so bad for them.
My point tho was we just see stuff on the surface but we don’t see none of the sh*t athletes go through. This story is living proof. Knicks fans were probably sayin curry sittin on the bench and trash but dude was dealing with real life issues. Some of it self inflicted no doubt but anyway dope read
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #25
300 X 30  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 1798 1 K  Slaps total: 489 489
Damn

I fu*k with Eddy Curry man

He should’ve been an All Star that one season he was k*lling in NY

He got a ring with the Heat

RIP to his bm & daughter

Shoutout to his wife for staying with him & raising his son as her own
+9   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Kingearner puts beanie sigel as a snitch. Sigel calls in
58 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-90online now  34
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
107 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  26
Apple gotta step it up
25 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
-70online now  15
Video inside Chris Brown EXPOSED! Drug usage confirmed by Offset & ABC News