Today I learned about the Cambodian Killing Fields

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '20        #1
4357 page views
91 comments

Capital D  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
space
Props total: 3970 3 K  Slaps total: 3621 3 K
Today I learned about the Cambodian k*lling Fields

+17   

best
worst
91 comments

2 weeks ago '13        #2
dsaint 
space
space
space
Props total: 1595 1 K  Slaps total: 297 297
Oh yeah? Did they finally get to that in your middle school World History class?

Petty e-beefing aside, Pol Pot was a horrible, horrible, piece of sh*t human being and it's a fu*king crying shame that this motherfu*ker never had to pay the price for what he did to all those people. Pol Pot got to live out his entire life and die an old man. Proving there is no such thing as karma.
+68   

2 weeks ago '13        #3
dsaint 
space
space
space
The Khmer Rouge was only in power for, what, like 3 years I think? From 75-78, and they were able to commit a genocide of 1.5-2 million Cambodians. Hitler and the Nazi's didn't have sh*t on Pol Pot and his crew.

On paper, communism doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, but Jesus Christ, everyone who has ever tried it ended up committing autrocitie.s that broke records. It either just isn't feasible, or it attracts complete sociopaths as followers

Last edited by dsaint; 02-13-2020 at 05:12 PM..
+50   

2 weeks ago '19        #4
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 4493 4 K  Slaps total: 1614 1 K
Go raise your kids f*ggio

2 weeks ago '19        #5
Pikaboo 
space
space
Props total: 2240 2 K  Slaps total: 218 218
 dsaint said
Oh yeah? Did they finally get to that in your middle school World History class?

Petty e-beefing aside, Pol Pot was a horrible, horrible, piece of sh*t human being and it's a fu*king crying shame that this motherfu*ker never had to pay the price for what he did to all those people. Pol Pot got to live out his entire life and die an old man. Proving there is no such thing as karma.
Yep.
Iíve seen pure trash live into old age causing havoc to their own families with zero repercussions. Karma is a myth
+11   

2 weeks ago '13        #6
dsaint 
space
space
space
 Pikaboo said
Yep.
Iíve seen pure trash live into old age causing havoc to their own families with zero repercussions. Karma is a myth
Same here. But I've also heard that Westerners completely misunderstand the concept of karma, and that karma is not something you ever pay for or answer for in this lifetime anyway, it's some sh*t you pay for in your next life. Which still makes it a myth in my eyes.
+15   

2 weeks ago '13        #7
dsaint 
space
space
space
If I finally die, and find out that death is just a reset switch for the game of life, I'm going to be a serial k*ller next go 'round. (Although if this is the case, apparently you don't get to remember any of your past lifes anyway, which makes life just one big cruel fu*king joke)

2 weeks ago '06        #8
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 15981 15 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
 dsaint said

That's the thing you don't get about karma. The worst are not supposed to get theirs in plain sight. When someone receives karma means they now understand the consequences or they felt reality snap back at them. The earlier you get it the more blessed you are because you have time to recover and change.

The less time you're given is the worst. Eternal damnation is not even being given a chance to change your ways at any point. Why do you think they say that sh*t is an eternal contempt.

See when you look at it with in no belief you skew it, there is no expiration on energy. Because you didn't see him pay in this lifetime to you means he won't.

Sitting around waiting to see mfs pay in this lifetime is prison in itself, you have to accept there is just some sh*t you will not be akin to or ever see. But that's what faith is believing in wisdom and intellect that you may never come to comprehend.

And it's the beginning of learning.
+24   

2 weeks ago '06        #9
Qbert 
space
space
 dsaint said
Same here. But I've also heard that Westerners completely misunderstand the concept of karma, and that karma is not something you ever pay for or answer for in this lifetime anyway, it's some sh*t you pay for in your next life. Which still makes it a myth in my eyes.
So according to you what would balance the scales for him murdering so many people and messing up generations. I'd like to hear a punishment that would fit the bill and quell the pain and misery felt by people who directly suffered and those who indirectly were affected.

Enlighten me how and what would show that karma isn't a myth? There has to be an exact punishment you see fit if you're talking like that.
+4   

2 weeks ago '13        #10
dsaint 
space
space
space
 Qbert said
That's the thing you don't get about karma. The worst are not supposed to get theirs in plain sight. When someone receives karma means they now understand the consequences or they felt reality snap back at them. The earlier you get it the more blessed you are because you have time to recover and change.

The less time you're given is the worst. Eternal damnation is not even being given a chance to change your ways at any point. Why do you think they say that sh*t is an eternal contempt.

See when you look at it with in no belief you skew it, there is no expiration on energy. Because you didn't see him pay in this lifetime to you means he won't.

Sitting around waiting to see mfs pay in this lifetime is prison in itself, you have to accept there is just some sh*t you will not be akin to or ever see. But that's what faith is believing in wisdom and intellect that you may never come to comprehend.

And it's the beginning of learning.
Save me all that bullsh*t. Here's reality, what actually happened: Pol Pot enacted policies that directly led to (while he actively encouraged) the deaths of 1.5-2 million innocent people. He never served a day in jail, never faced an international jury of his peers, he just ducked out and lived the rest of his life somewhere else and died an old man that got to live his life. Those 2 million Cambodians didn't. Karma is a myth.
+10   

2 weeks ago '12        #11
acefresh 
space
space
Props total: 44598 44 K  Slaps total: 3764 3 K
My aunt went over there couple years ago to investigate these atrocities on behalf of the UN. Came back with PTSD
+25   

2 weeks ago '13        #12
dsaint 
space
space
space
 Qbert said
So according to you what would balance the scales for him murdering so many people and messing up generations. I'd like to hear a punishment that would fit the bill and quell the pain and misery felt by people who directly suffered and those who indirectly were affected.

Enlighten me how and what would show that karma isn't a myth? There has to be an exact punishment you see fit if you're talking like that.
LOL, I'm not even getting into this. You've loaded up the question, throwing in quantifiers like balancing the scales etc that are going to automatically disqualify anything I say. It's irrelevant, because all this is in the past. It's happened.

If you choose to believe in karma, that's great. That's fine. I live in the world of scientific inquiry. And I believe things like karma are explained away using Hitchens' Razor:

That which can be a*serted without proof, can be dismissed without proof.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #13
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 36548 36 K  Slaps total: 3791 3 K
The Khmer rouge were allies of the Chinese. Vietnam invaded Cambodia to oust the Khmer cuz of the crisis they were causing in the region. A pissed off China invaded parts of northern Vietnam. Vietnam push them back an ended almost 40 years of Chinese territorial expansion.
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #14
WavyManny 
space
space
Props total: 1696 1 K  Slaps total: 221 221
 Capital D said

I was debating with a dude about this in another thread

2 weeks ago '16        #15
Blackout75 
space
space
space
Props total: 857 857  Slaps total: 52 52
I went and visited them summer 2018. sh*t is eye opening. That something so terrible and fu*ked up could happen so recently. Pol Pot deserved to die slow.

Wonder if they're gonna be talking about the Uygher Muslims in China the same way in 30 or 40 years
+10   

2 weeks ago '09        #16
Hamburgers 
space
space
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 4887 4 K
But everyone got the nerve to complain that America ain’t the #1 country and the most free.

We cry and bi*ch about the injustices in this country, but got the most freedoms.

You Kaepernick a*s n*ggas need to leave the country if you hate it so bad

2 weeks ago '13        #17
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 63685 63 K  Slaps total: 10980 10 K
 Free my soul said
Go raise your kids f*ggio
f*ggio Tomlinson

Got fired for stealing garbage from his sanitation job

+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #18
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 16200 16 K  Slaps total: 1347 1 K
None of this excuses Pol Pot, but educate yourselves

The U. S. did what it always does, destabilized the region and gave birth to the monster that is Pol Pot. Capitalism along with neo liberalism and neo conservatism are predicted on the oppression of the 3rd world. No clean hands on this one

+16   

2 weeks ago '14        #19
OCT DION 
space
space
Props total: 23634 23 K  Slaps total: 2496 2 K
I grew up down the street from a hood full of Lao and Cambodians. I knew a big Cambodian n*gga named Chicken Man who has "Killing Fields" tatted on his back. I haven't seen him since I was in high school but apparently he k*lled somebody with a sword.
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #20
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
Props total: 446 446  Slaps total: 98 98
 Hamburgers said
But everyone got the nerve to complain that America ainít the #1 country and the most free.

We cry and bi*ch about the injustices in this country, but got the most freedoms.

You Kaepernick a*s n*ggas need to leave the country if you hate it so bad
thereís pictures like this of Middle Eastern victims of US drone strikes but go off Brodie lol

2 weeks ago '09        #21
Hamburgers 
space
space
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 4887 4 K
 blackadamwarloc said
thereís pictures like this of Middle Eastern victims of US drone strikes but go off Brodie lol
n*gga, thatís war.

This is murdering your own people and citizens. Thatís a false equivalence.

A better comparison is saying Trump bombs California because they donít agree with his politics and Nancy Pelosi is executed for being a little bi*ch.

Donít debate me, you lose in all aspects of this one brodie.

2 weeks ago '18        #22
Illuminati 8ob  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 37944 37 K  Slaps total: 2719 2 K
 OCT DION said
I grew up down the street from a hood full of Lao and Cambodians. I knew a big Cambodian n*gga named Chicken Man who has "Killing Fields" tatted on his back. I haven't seen him since I was in high school but apparently he k*lled somebody with a sword.
In the Bay Area we have a lot of Cambodian’s and since a child every Cambodian I knew were trained to go. Even the women. There was a crew of four short Cambodian dudes who used to run up on whole crews like 10 deep and rob them with machetes and revolvers. Dudes gave no fu*ks and they were teens.
Also had a Cambodian chick try and k*ll me in High School for fu*king over her homegirl. bi*ch had to get restrained and scratched the sh*t out of my face.
Another homie I had got deported back to Cambodia for slanging crack and guns.
They crazy but if they on your side they good people. But like I said most Cambodian’s in the West Coast is TTG (Trained To Go). In SoCal they got whole hoods and crip sets. Shout out my Khmer Pride homies.

Edit: And rereading that was kind of a bigoted blanket statement about Cambodian’s I just made. So I’ll add in my experiences.

Last edited by Illuminati 8ob; 02-13-2020 at 06:51 PM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '06        #23
Qbert 
space
space
 dsaint said
I live in the world of scientific inquiry. And I believe things like karma are explained away using Hitchens' Razor:
Science is an explanation for things that pertain to a small emergent system and can be traced back to it's smaller parts. The point I'm trying to make is you cannot quantify his damage, you can in terms of death count but other intricacies you can't. You can't put a number on the trickle down effect.

So that's why I said what would be his karma? It can't be quantified or specified down to one thing. Even if he died of aids and slipped and hit his eye on a protruding metal pipe making him blind, that isn't enough.

There is no judgement we as humans can comprehend for him to get, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist because you don't understand and can't measure it.

Life becomes quite stale speaking with wit and leaving out wonderment. There is some sh*t in life you will never understand at it's core. It just is what it is but to think because you don't understand means it's false.

Him not getting the punishment you see fit or no punishment is no proof of karma not existing in any matter. Use your science of deductive reasoning too.

You can't prove or disprove it.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #24
crawlingtulip 
space
space
space
Props total: 604 604  Slaps total: 108 108
I went to the Asian history museum in Seattle with my GF and learned A LITTLE about this. Didn't know how much America played a part in this. I didn't learn about this in school at all, which is weird thinking back on it. World History is pretty fu*ked I need to do more research. I have a lot of holes to fill in info
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #25
QB Eagles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13979 13 K  Slaps total: 4266 4 K
 dsaint said

Not necessarily true. Who says Karma is for all to see and recognize? Existence is complex. Maybe Karma can happen in multiple ways that one doesn't know?

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Feb 23 - Oregon Residents Petition Secession To Idaho
65 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Clipse Manager Tony Gonzalez on Vlad