Feb 13 - Bill and Melinda Gates have spent $53 billions trying to fix US public education

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+26  133
21 comments @wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21  128
38 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 months ago '07        #26
Bighempin of QM 
space
space
Props total: 8315 8 K  Slaps total: 1735 1 K
All lies! Cuz if they where trying to fix the schools they would have been trying to rebuild and reinvest in those communities.
+1   

2 months ago '07        #27
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 27000 27 K  Slaps total: 2372 2 K
they can throw all the money they want, but the whole system is fu*ked up

we're still using the same gameplan from the 1950s when they were training people to work in factories

where else in society do we settle for a 70yr old technology?

the cookie-cutter approach has failed, the school system is making people feel inferior because they aren't good at certain things

if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, you'll think it's an idiot

the people who are considered good students are simply submissives who are good at memorizing things and desperate for significance

way more than half the sh*t their cramming into kids heads and having them do is just plain fu*king worthless unless they're directly interested in it unsolicited

it's amazing how teachers have achieved sainthood with no results

if you had a million-dollar contest in Las Vegas to see who could get 12-year-olds to learn and retain new concepts the fastest, very few teachers would even be able to compete and no way a teacher would win

education should revolve around 4 questions for every student

who is this person?
how do they learn?
what are they good at?
what do they like?

find the answers to those questions, exploit the fu*k out of it and you just might have a balanced, content person who contributes to society

2 months ago '08        #28
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 21175 21 K  Slaps total: 1909 1 K
where is he putting these funds because I haven't seen sh*t in the hood get better education-wise from his funds
+2   

2 months ago '16        #29
Lunch Money 
space
space
space
Props total: 556 556  Slaps total: 106 106
Who am I to tell this good people how to donate their money? This is a great gesture but the administrators and legislators don't seem capable of handling these funds. I wish I could donate to that extent. I would fix individual public school systems one at a time and create a model. So many scandals and skimming off the top that you cant trust these principals and mayors to actually buy books and computers.
+1   

2 months ago '08        #30
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 21175 21 K  Slaps total: 1909 1 K
 Lunch Money said
Who am I to tell this good people how to donate their money? This is a great gesture but the administrators and legislators don't seem capable of handling these funds. I wish I could donate to that extent. I would fix individual public school systems one at a time and create a model. So many scandals and skimming off the top that you cant trust these principals and mayors to actually buy books and computers.
I'd just make my own schools and tell the government they don't get it and I'll buy their schools off of them.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #31
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 12767 12 K  Slaps total: 7955 7 K
Spending money doesnt solve the situation smh....

Bill Gates is a snake.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #32
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
space
space
Props total: 121696 121 K  Slaps total: 17761 17 K
 stutteringrap said
much respect to the gates family. don't knowwhy us illumati consipacy behating on them.

bill gates and his family did alot to help poor folks. and doing jesus work.

hopefully he is not apart of the conovirus to wipe us all out.
people hate what they don't understand

2 months ago '15        #33
Shmoedog 
space
space
Props total: 10392 10 K  Slaps total: 3908 3 K
 imthatinfamous said
while I do acknowledge that having a stable home does help, it is not the end all be all.

I've seen kids from "unstable" homes grow up to be huge successes and kids born with a damn silver spoon in their mouth grow up to be bums...the majority of the weight is on the individual. Which is another reason why there are huge issues in the public school system. Kids aren't held accountable for their actions anymore. Coddled through the first 18 years of their life and if they go to college another 4 years.
A guy last year survived a 47-story skyscraper fall in NYC, that don't mean everybody will survive a fall like, there are exceptions in life him surviving is an exception, most people would die. I'm saying that to say of course some kids coming from broken homes can make it, those are exceptions.

The majority of kids from unstable household won't. Stats are there, its not necessarily cuddling but rather neglect and lack of guidance. kids are impressionable and with no good role models or some sort of guidance to steer them right, they most likely will go down the wrong path. dropout rates, teen pregnancy while in school etc...all are results of broken homes.

2 months ago '06        #34
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 28385 28 K  Slaps total: 6994 6 K
So since hes put money into it and been able to have a say education has gone down

And hes the one that implemented stupid a*s common core
+1   

2 months ago '16        #35
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 28011 28 K  Slaps total: 4912 4 K
Y'all believe this rich cut throat Eungenics influenced snake care about your children education?

Lmao people are lost

2 months ago '06        #36
$C-Brisc$ 
space
space
Props total: 1021 1 K  Slaps total: 136 136
I don't trust them

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  42
MiAMI'S WORST HOODS AT NIGHT
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  38
Video inside 3 Totally Free & Legal Sites To Stream Shows From That You May Not Know..
62 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  37
If you got excellent credit with a stable job, now would be the time to financ..
229 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Gucci New artist "Ola Runt" Disses Big Bank DTE saying they ran him out..
253 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy