Feb 7 - "Monster" great white shark surrounded by pod of killer whales in South Africa

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
14 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+42  71
84 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '05        #1
4399 page views
41 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
space
space
Props total: 71266 71 K  Slaps total: 5540 5 K
Feb 7 - "Monster" great white shark surrounded by pod of k*ller whales in South Africa

"monster" great white shark surrounded by a group of k*ller whales has been filmed off the coast of South Africa.

The shark and orcas were filmed Donavan Smith, who was leading a boat tour off Knysna, about 250 miles from Cape Town. "This is amazing. This is special stuff," Smith can be heard saying. "There's a big great white here in the water. They come and they hunt great whites."

He describes the shark as a "big, monster great white," adding it is "half the size of the boat."

The footage was posted to Smith's Instagram and YouTube accounts. In the footage, k*ller whales can be seen near the boat, coming to the surface intermittently. "It's a shark they are hunting," he says. "They eat sharks."

He later adds: "They actually bite the tails off [of the great whites] from the back."

The fate of the shark is unknown.

Last November, a pod of k*ller whales was filmed chasing a great white shark off Seal Island, in Mossel Bay—about 50 miles from Knysna. The footage was shared by Oceans Research, a marine education and conservation organization. "One white shark appears to be unnerved by the presence of the orcas, but another shark didn't seem too perturbed," they wrote in a Facebook post.

The relationship between great white sharks and k*ller whales has become increasingly apparent in recent years. In 2015, reports emerged in South Africa of shark carcasses being found in False Bay, off the coast of Cape Town, with their livers missing. Analysis of the bite marks suggests they had been k*lled by k*ller whales.

In 2017, the carcasses of five great whites were found with similar injuries, suggesting they had been attacked and k*lled by k*ller whales.

A year later, great whites were noticeably absent from False Bay—a popular hunting ground for the species, where they are known to jump out of the water to catch seals. It is thought the presence of k*ller whales, and the risk they pose, had caused the great whites to leave the area. Until January, there hadn't been a single great white sighting for approximately 18 months.

Alison Kock, a marine biologist at South African National Parks, told Newsweek at the time that the return of a great white to False Bay was encouraging, "but it doesn't signal a return of the sharks until we get more consistent sightings in the Bay and of more than one shark."

Kock, who also serves on the executive committee of the shark safety program Shark Spotters, said the absence of great whites from False Bay is concerning as they play an important role in the ecosystem there. "White sharks predate on numerous species, such as fish, other sharks, seal and dolphins, and influence these species directly by reducing their numbers, and removing the weak and sick, but they also do so indirectly by influencing the prey's behavior. For example, Cape fur seals are bolder when white sharks aren't around, which in turn also has knock-on effects in the ecosystem, altering the way it looks and works."

visit this link https://www.newsweek.com/ .. box=1580995735
+6   

best
worst
41 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
Props total: 5550 5 K  Slaps total: 597 597
I'm no expert on fish of anything, but my eyes determined that that is in fact not a "monster" great white shark. I understand that the descriptor "monster" is a subjective label, but that thing doesn't appear to even crack into double digits in length.

Last edited by WHATEVERMAN; 02-07-2020 at 04:30 PM..
+16   

2 months ago '06        #3
SharpenUrSword 
space
space
Props total: 8905 8 K  Slaps total: 2541 2 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
I'm no expert on fish of anything, but my eyes determined that that is in fact not a "monster" great white shark. I understand that the descriptor "monster" is a subjective label, but that thing doesn't appear to even crack into double digits in length.
double digits of what?
+1   

2 months ago '15        #4
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 9391 9 K  Slaps total: 1438 1 K
fu*k man i wanna eat one

2 months ago '17        #5
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
Props total: 5550 5 K  Slaps total: 597 597
 SharpenUrSword said
double digits of what?
ft
+5   

2 months ago '13        #6
Xavi619 
space
space
Props total: 11050 11 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
Blackfish about to get whiteys liver

Apex predators
+5   

2 months ago '19        #7
Aquarella 
space
space
Props total: 2374 2 K  Slaps total: 865 865
That must be how eminem feels in detroit.
+5   

2 months ago '18        #8
HoopLife88 
space
space
space
Props total: 15754 15 K  Slaps total: 2086 2 K
 Aquarella said
That must be how eminem feels in detroit.

+5   

2 months ago '04        #9
eazyvaboy 
space
space
Props total: 24880 24 K  Slaps total: 1259 1 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
Shark is probably bigger than what it looks from that frame of reference. Guy on the camera said the shark is half the size of the boat so if they are on even a small charter boat like a 30 footer that puts that shark at a pretty decent size.

+6   

2 months ago '10        #10
sho 2010 
space
space
Props total: 42200 42 K  Slaps total: 16964 16 K
Fry up some shark meat
+1   

2 months ago '11        #11
knuckleHeads2 
space
space
Props total: 1949 1 K  Slaps total: 143 143
 WHATEVERMAN said
i strongly believe that your opinion would change if you were in his situation.
+3   

2 months ago '19        #12
016z 
space
space
space
Props total: 2961 2 K  Slaps total: 437 437
I watched this program where they k*lled one in the pacific, they said all the great whites they had tagged left the entire area. They were trying to figure out what chemical or smell was released that kept them away like that
+4   

2 months ago '17        #13
oDDJoB 
space
space
Props total: 2702 2 K  Slaps total: 2862 2 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
You think that shark is less than 10 ft long huh
+2   

2 months ago '15        #14
ChoAssUp 
space
space
Props total: 51752 51 K  Slaps total: 3211 3 K
They probably fu*ked That Lil shark up.

But yo, Idk how people go out on boats and just jump into the fu*king water to swim. I'm not doing that sh*t, there's way too much sh*t in that water besides the water itself that can/will k*ll you.

Last edited by ChoAssUp; 02-07-2020 at 06:20 PM..
+9   

2 months ago '07        #15
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
space
space
Props total: 133286 133 K  Slaps total: 13726 13 K
 sho 2010 said
Fry up some shark meat
Your mom is frying up some chicken right now, come on up from the basement and eat son...

+7   

2 months ago '04        #16
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 24539 24 K  Slaps total: 3163 3 K
Orcas generally are about 20-30ft. That shark was a little shorter in length so at the least it was 17-21ft long. If any of you dont think it was a monster shark, go jump in and get us an exact measurement
+4   

2 months ago '17        #17
cabeast93 
space
space
space
Props total: 2503 2 K  Slaps total: 480 480
Lol I siad to myself they should throw some fish in there or something. A few min later dude says.

"Hang on to something guys when your walking around"
+1   

2 months ago '07        #18
BLE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 7807 7 K  Slaps total: 2089 2 K
 016z said
I watched this program where they k*lled one in the pacific, they said all the great whites they had tagged left the entire area. They were trying to figure out what chemical or smell was released that kept them away like that
Aliens in the deep my brother
+2   

2 months ago '07        #19
21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 94066 94 K  Slaps total: 23995 23 K
Wasn't no monster great white.

And boring video.

2 months ago '16        #20
NYNY 
space
space
Props total: 18541 18 K  Slaps total: 3187 3 K
Orcas stay deeboin sharks
+3   

2 months ago '18        #21
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 13429 13 K  Slaps total: 4589 4 K
Orcas are my favorite sea animal
Apex sh*t definitely not maga cuck
+1   

2 months ago '16        #22
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 5281 5 K  Slaps total: 3804 3 K
Look how flat the earth is. If you don't believe the earth is flat after watching this video then idk

2 months ago '17        #23
FCWGM 
space
space
space
Props total: 2707 2 K  Slaps total: 279 279
 Itsjustmefools said
Look how flat the earth is. If you don't believe the earth is flat after watching this video then idk
Are you a grown up?

That’s a genuine question
+4   

2 months ago '05        #24
tokinjohn 
space
space
Props total: 98410 98 K  Slaps total: 12788 12 K
 016z said
I watch those docs too...Not sure what exact breed but I remember them saying they leave areas when temperates dip, n*ggas be in Cali one sec then like dip to Africa...and I don't remember what the ocean chemical was named but probably the same one that was making sharks hang in different areas and closer to the land and eating up the seals and occasional biting ppl.

Dopest sh*t I ever seen dealing with shark shows was that old diesel dude who makes Ironman type suites to stop sharks from biting you, dude is nuts and just goes down there with the sharks to test sh*t with no type of defense from the sharks...dude casually just brushes the sharks away from him.

2 months ago '05        #25
tokinjohn 
space
space
Props total: 98410 98 K  Slaps total: 12788 12 K
 016z said
I watch those docs too...Not sure what exact breed but I remember them saying they leave areas when temperates dip, n*ggas be in Cali one sec then like dip to Africa...and I don't remember what the ocean chemical was named but probably the same one that was making sharks hang in different areas and closer to the land and eating up the seals and occasional biting ppl.

Dopest sh*t I ever seen dealing with shark shows was that old diesel dude who makes Ironman type suites to stop sharks from biting you, dude is nuts and just goes down there with the sharks to test sh*t with no type of defense from the sharks...dude casually just brushes the sharks away from him.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+74online now  38
Video inside 50 Cent reacts to SlowBucks beating up Ashanti’s sister
130 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+140online now  30
Video inside This video produces the most consistent laugh of my life.
89 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  29
So basically this guy is getting robbed by the hall of fame because of lying
119 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+47online now  11
Video inside Example #267 that Robert Downey Jr’s Tropic Thunder performance was god..
68 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy