Rockstar Co Founder to leave this March.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '04        #1
2595 page views
40 comments

deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 15710 15 K  Slaps total: 2037 2 K
Rockstar Co Founder to leave this March.

visit this link https://rockstarintel.com .. -in-march-2020

Rockstar Games Co-Founder Dan Houser to Leave In March 2020

Rockstar Gamesí Dan Houser will be leaving in March, according to a Take-Two Interactive SEC filing. The news comes suddenly yet Take-Two reassures that Sam Houserís role at Rockstar remains unchanged.

Dan Houser was the co-founder of Rockstar Games with his brother Sam, Terry Donovan and Jamie King. Dan particularly had a massive part to play in the creation and direction of projects such as Bully, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne.

His legacy at Rockstar Games will remain cemented forever, and his future projects or endeavors are currently unknown.
+10   

best
worst
40 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
stop resisting 
space
space
Props total: 12043 12 K  Slaps total: 11823 11 K
Dude gotta have 250+ million in his personal bank account

Might as well go enjoy it
+28   

2 months ago '18        #3
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 13706 13 K  Slaps total: 4642 4 K
Yeah GTA6 is going to be some stale sh*t single player wise with a lot of money they'll try to pry from on you on multiplayer dlc.

disgusting really.
+19   

2 months ago '18        #4
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 20795 20 K  Slaps total: 898 898
Damn. Dan was the brother who was actually writing the majority of Rockstar titles.
+12   

2 months ago '19        #5
blackadamwarloc 
space
space
Props total: 447 447  Slaps total: 98 98
RIP GTA 6, Bully 2, future Red Deads... same thing happened to BioWare, one of the founders left then we got Mass Effect Andromeda
+26   

2 months ago '04        #6
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
Props total: 15710 15 K  Slaps total: 2037 2 K
sh*t will never be the same.

+13   

2 months ago '17        #7
King3X 
space
space
Props total: 14245 14 K  Slaps total: 1314 1 K
Interesting timing after the report that Take Two put pressure on them to release games in a quicker time period. Probably finishing up his work on GTA 6 and dipping.

Don't think it's a complete retirement tho. Him and Sam got started when they were kids. So he's not as old as you might think. Probably gonna chill and relax for a bit. Would be dope if he linked back up with The Benz. That for sure won't happen tho.
+11   

2 months ago '06        #8
Kingme 
space
space
Props total: 15520 15 K  Slaps total: 2939 2 K
Leslie Benzies was the real MVP, hasn't been the same since he left. At least Sam Houser is still around.

Hopefully GTA 6 let's us import our online character for the single player story so we can bring all that bread back with us online.
+10   

2 months ago '05        #9
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 947 947  Slaps total: 74 74
wont be a legit gta without dan
rip to a once great franchise
+3   

2 months ago '18        #10
Dehone 
space
space
 King3X said
Interesting timing after the report that Take Two put pressure on them to release games in a quicker time period. Probably finishing up his work on GTA 6 and dipping.
That's a bad business practice. Rockstar already been in some hot water over crunch work culture and employee burnout
+2   

2 months ago '18        #11
Dehone 
space
space

Seems like the political and social climate might be a factor in why we've heard nothing about gta 6. Sounds like he may have had a bit of writers block trying to maneuver around that
+8   

2 months ago '06        #12
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 78328 78 K  Slaps total: 4145 4 K
its always crazy to me that GTAV came out on September 17, 2013 and is STILL going strong to this day.

It was huge on 2 console generations. (PS3/360 & PS4/XBOXONE)

damn thats really impressive. Not many games can do that.

"GTA 5 estimated to be the most profitable entertainment product of all time"
+23   

2 months ago '16        #13
space
space
Props total: 26062 26 K  Slaps total: 3186 3 K
 realgunta said
its always crazy to me that GTAV came out on September 17, 2013 and is STILL going strong to this day.

It was huge on 2 console generations. (PS3/360 & PS4/XBOXONE)

damn thats really impressive. Not many games can do that.

"GTA 5 estimated to be the most profitable entertainment product of all time"
I haven't gamed for years but I was still playing GTA2 in 2006.

Definitely a classic.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #14
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 9448 9 K  Slaps total: 1444 1 K
Remember when Rockstar actually made games? Not just serve dlc crack to never leave their house people? I remember joined the rock star social club and being one of the first one hundred to get all the pigeons in gtaiv and they actually sent me a key to the city i sold on ebay for 300 i wonder how much that sh*t worth now��
+8   

2 months ago '17        #15
JacobWatch 
space
space
Props total: 20877 20 K  Slaps total: 1539 1 K
Even tho GTA v is he goat multiplayer gta,I had a lot of fun on GTA iv online before all the dlc bullsh*t

you can't even mimic a basic shoot out like this in gta 5 before some d*ck head on his flying motorcycle ruins the session
+17   

2 months ago '17        #16
HH080 
space
space
Props total: 475 475  Slaps total: 45 45
 Kingme said
Leslie Benzies was the real MVP, hasn't been the same since he left. At least Sam Houser is still around.

Hopefully GTA 6 let's us import our online character for the single player story so we can bring all that bread back with us online.

Lol you think it would be that ez?
+4   

2 months ago '04        #17
Skilllz 
space
space
Props total: 11647 11 K  Slaps total: 1183 1 K
 Dehone said
Damn. Dan was the brother who was actually writing the majority of Rockstar titles.
shiiiiiit

GTA been kinda stale since 4 let's see

2 months ago '15        #18
gilSVO 
space
space
Props total: 731 731  Slaps total: 263 263
 WeedCanuckman said
Yeah GTA6 is going to be some stale sh*t single player wise with a lot of money they'll try to pry from on you on multiplayer dlc.

disgusting really.
Cmon. This is Rockstar we talking about. They get better every title and push the boundaries when it comes to fully immersive worlds you can get lost in, single or multiplayer. I say that to say, I think GTA6 is gonna be huge when it comes to singleplayer. I feel like single player will have its own events to trigger like the older GTAs ala massaces, riots, RC flying/racing and whatever new stuff they decide to go with. I feel like singleplayer is gonna have some awesome goodies like certain guns, cars, and activities multiplayer wont have and vice versa. I also see them introducing singleplayer DLC this time around. GTA4 had 3 singleplayer DLCs I think? They are pretty much gonna treat both single and multiplayer audiences to some amazing things after the success and still strong player base GTAO has despite single player audiences gripes about no DLC or updates for single.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #19
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 27793 27 K  Slaps total: 14344 14 K
his boss is pure evil. mfs also turned 2k into a sandbox full of micro transactions
+11   

2 months ago '18        #20
Dehone 
space
space
 Skilllz said
shiiiiiit

GTA been kinda stale since 4 let's see
Yeah, but Take Two was really getting on their a*ses in recent years about speeding up game releases and apparently focusing less on campaign sh*t and more on multiplayer sh*t. Im hoping he stays within the gaming realm, joins another awesome developer and can start giving us some fire again.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #21
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4608 4 K  Slaps total: 250 250
No houser no gta!
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '04        #22
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 31818 31 K  Slaps total: 4257 4 K
 JacobWatch said
Even tho GTA v is he goat multiplayer gta,I had a lot of fun on GTA iv online before all the dlc bullsh*t

you can't even mimic a basic shoot out like this in gta 5 before some d*ck head on his flying motorcycle ruins the session
facts
GTA 4 Online was the truth
+5   

2 months ago '06        #23
Kingme 
space
space
Props total: 15520 15 K  Slaps total: 2939 2 K
 HH080 said
Lol you think it would be that ez?
I'm using my character from the Xbox360 on both my PS4 and Xbox 1...both next gen systems appear to be backwards compatible...why not. What would the technological hurdle be?

2 months ago '17        #24
HH080 
space
space
Props total: 475 475  Slaps total: 45 45
 Kingme said
I'm using my character from the Xbox360 on both my PS4 and Xbox 1...both next gen systems appear to be backwards compatible...why not. What would the technological hurdle be?
Its a whole different game though. For that much, why don't VC carry from every yearly 2k?

2 months ago '04        #25
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5418 5 K  Slaps total: 2366 2 K
 King3X said

Don't think it's a complete retirement tho. Him and Sam got started when they were kids. So he's not as old as you might think. Probably gonna chill and relax for a bit. Would be dope if he linked back up with The Benz. That for sure won't happen tho.
big blocks of salt lick.... but rumour/myth maybe phil is interested in talking to him..

or maybe this is where the ps5 gta6 rumour came from

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+101online now  14
Video inside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 full movie
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-55online now  13
Image(s) inside Bhad Bhabie has completed her transformation to enter the African Amer..
193 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+221online now  11
Well, one of us has covid-19.
418 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Have You Ever Felt Finessed By A Video Game?
100 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy