The last thing Kobe did before boarding

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

1 month ago '15        #1
10785 page views
166 comments

6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 35459 35 K  Slaps total: 12100 12 K
The last thing Kobe did before boarding

Went to church

"He was here before the 7 a.m. mass and that's our first mass of the day. So he would obviously have been in the prayer chapel before that and he was leaving about 10 to 7," Sallot said.

A Eucharistic minister who also serves at the church told Eyewitness News that Kobe and Gianna stopped by Our Lady Queen of Angels in Newport Beach and received communion before boarding the fatal flight.

The helicopter crash was reported at 9:47 a.m. that morning in the Calabasas area.

I ainít the most spiritual but his death to me feels like it was just time for him. death random and can be unexpected but you canít cheat it.

So crazy every time I think about bean I think about him walking through a hallway of his life and accomplishments, highlights playing . Announcers repeating ďKobeĒ back to back. He makes it through to the gate and heís put in and the ball with 10 seconds left to win for the heaven squad.image

sh*t ainít a fairytale but I hope his life in paradise started like that. Those positive thoughts make me smile if you never watched Michael heís the closest youíll ever see. If he played in that weak east heíd have 6-8 championships.

LBJ cool but Kobe was the Michael of my generation and even still the younges love Kobe.
+173   

best
worst
166 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #2
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
space
space
space
Props total: 48699 48 K  Slaps total: 34048 34 K

1 month ago '18        #3
SouthsideQueens  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 1375 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
God bless Kobe and Gigi and everyone else on that flight.
+116   

1 month ago '09        #4
ImAMonster  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 18246 18 K  Slaps total: 5863 5 K
It was his time as well as Gianna's and the other 7 people aboard the helicopter.

I firmly believe we die how we are meant to die. If we are meant to die by food, eating healthier won't save us. If we are meant to die in traffic, not riding in cars won't save you. There will come a time when you must and that is when you will perish.

Kobe didn't have to get in that helicopter. He could have taken a car due to the fog. There was all the reason in the world to just drive there. But he didn't. He got in that helicopter, in the morning with it foggy. The route he took, took him over those mountains where it creates the bowl of fog.

It's just one of those things where when you add everything up, there's no other way it could have played out. It was so, so close to being avoided but it wasn't. If that pilot doesn't lower back down, they more than clear the mountain and are safe.

As unfortunate and sad as it is, it was his and the others time to go.

RIP Mamba, Gigi & the other 7 souls that were lost in that crash.
+79   

1 month ago '16        #5
freebiggavel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 2414 2 K  Slaps total: 1497 1 K
 ImAMonster said
It was his time as well as Gianna's and the other 7 people aboard the helicopter.

I firmly believe we die how we are meant to die. If we are meant to die by food, eating healthier won't save us. If we are meant to die in traffic, not riding in cars won't save you. There will come a time when you must and that is when you will perish.

Kobe didn't have to get in that helicopter. He could have taken a car due to the fog. There was all the reason in the world to just drive there. But he didn't. He got in that helicopter, in the morning with it foggy. The route he took, took him over those mountains where it creates the bowl of fog.

It's just one of those things where when you add everything up, there's no other way it could have played out. It was so, so close to being avoided but it wasn't. If that pilot doesn't lower back down, they more than clear the mountain and are safe.

The family of the others won't see it that way, that's what i feel.
+19   

1 month ago '08        #6
AC_89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 44081 44 K  Slaps total: 3018 3 K
My mother keeps saying that too that it was just his time
+16   

1 month ago '05        #7
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 75720 75 K  Slaps total: 21651 21 K
I think kobe was bigger than jordan from a fan standpoint.

International kob
+26   

1 month ago '14        #8
Gordon Gartrell 
space
space
space
Props total: 47203 47 K  Slaps total: 4659 4 K
you a special type of weird if you still gotta take a shot at lebron in a thread about kobe passing away
+40   

1 month ago '05        #9
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 39443 39 K  Slaps total: 1722 1 K
 Dun Language said
I think kobe was bigger than jordan from a fan standpoint.

International kob
That depends on your age in my opinion...
+39   

1 month ago '18        #10
The Playboy 
space
space
Props total: 8077 8 K  Slaps total: 5426 5 K
too soon.

Last edited by The Playboy; 01-29-2020 at 12:12 AM..

1 month ago '15        #11
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
space
space
 Gordon Gartrell said
you a special type of weird if you still gotta take a shot at lebron in a thread about kobe passing away
How

Kobe literally plays just like Michael

I’m not comparing but he is the Michael of my generation and thats the truth.
+7   

1 month ago '10        #12
onlybuilt1906 
space
space
Props total: 2348 2 K  Slaps total: 1565 1 K
Didn't know Kobe was Catholic. As a Black Roman Catholic, that's dope. My mother will find this super interesting.
+17   

1 month ago '08        #13
EMER1TUS 
space
space
Props total: 24678 24 K  Slaps total: 4495 4 K
 The Playboy said
At least kobe got to see bron pass him in one last category before he left.

back trollin kobe fans...im starting to heal.the marathon continues

r.i.p all 9 people.imma miss you bean these lebron kobe debates wont be as fun
Itíd be worth the night in jail

1x for Bean
+1   

1 month ago '04        #14
TVee 
space
space
Props total: 4001 4 K  Slaps total: 1438 1 K
 onlybuilt1906 said
Didn't know Kobe was Catholic. As a Black Roman Catholic, that's dope. My mother will find this super interesting.
Raised in Italy
+16   

1 month ago '04        #15
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 29285 29 K  Slaps total: 6757 6 K

1 month ago '14        #16
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 165792 165 K  Slaps total: 21185 21 K
Kobe was a believer, Some of y’all don’t understand, this life in the flesh is just a pit stop. We are spirit beings encased in a flesh avatar!!!!!! This is a 3D world but the spiritual realm is an infinite dimension. Some of you don’t realize this life is a test. We are made in the image of God which means we have the ability to make choices, choosing to believe God exists is the easiest choice we will ever have because the world around us and even ourselves clearly shows a creator designed everything in existence. This life is just a mist in the wind.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (KJV)

19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

God wasn’t only promising a physical piece of land (The Promised Land) But he was making a spiritual promise as well, talking about eternal life in your spiritual body after this life is over. When we die, our spirit will leave our body and return to God, this flesh will deteriorate, break down and go back to the dust of the ground. People die all over the world every single day in a multitude of ways so you never know when you are going to die!! You think these physical and world pleasures that you can lose at any moment are meaningful?? When you die your family members will sell and f*ght over your possessions you attained and you will be a distant memory on home videos and pictures on the wall. Get your soul right with God!!! This is the most important thing you can do in your life if you really value your life!!!

Look at what Jesus told his Disciples

Mark 8:34-38 (KJV)

34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Soften your heart, turn away from the carnal things of the world and get your spirit and soul right with God, your soul is the most important and invaluable thing you have. RIP to Kobe, Gigi and the rest of the victims. God Bless you all

Last edited by Kyu; 01-29-2020 at 12:52 AM..
+55   

1 month ago '18        #17
HoggUp 
space
space
space
Props total: 589 589  Slaps total: 48 48
Hard to believe a group of 13 year olds had lived out their life and it was indeed "their time"...Not saying it isn't the case, but....Cruel.
+42   

1 month ago '18        #18
SouthsideQueens  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 1375 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
 6Fraud said
How

Iím not comparing but he is the Michael of my generation and thats the truth.
Myth created by Adidas to outsell Nike. Kobe took from the all greats (Magic,MJ,etc), the players he played against (Tmac,Wade,etc) and players he played with ( Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel). He mastered the game. Lebron's Leadership, Westbrook's Hustle, Kyrie's Flair, DeMar's midrange, Curry's difficult shot making, Kawhi's defense, Lavine's athleticism, and Embids post game. All pieces that would make up Kobe's game today.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #19
space
space
space
 HoggUp said
Hard to believe a group of 13 year olds had lived out their life and it was indeed "their time"...Not saying it isn't the case, but....Cruel.
Can someone respond to this.
+8   

1 month ago '15        #20
space
space
 freebiggavel said
Can someone respond to this.
Thread is about Kobe not the 13 year olds stop trying to derail

Talk Kobe or simply move on

1 month ago '16        #21
space
space
space
 6Fraud said
Thread is about Kobe not the 13 year olds stop trying to derail

Talk Kobe or simply move on
You misunderstood, I just wanted someone with experience to be able to respond to this correctly.
+7   

1 month ago '14        #22
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 165792 165 K  Slaps total: 21185 21 K
 6Fraud said
How

Iím not comparing but he is the Michael of my generation and thats the truth.
Kobe was definitely the closest thing to Jordan weíve ever seen or will ever see. Michael and Kobe were very good friends who talked often. Phil Jackson introduced Kobe to MJ and wanted MJ to mentor Kobe. How do you think Kobe was able emulate and copy everything Jordan did to a T?? Jordan told Kobe all his secrets. Why do you think Jordan admitted Kobe was the only one that could beat him 1 on 1?? Jordan said Kobe stole his moves, but Jordan taught Kobe the secrets of the moves!! Jordan has NEVER bestowed such big praise on any basketball player ever! Itís a reason for that. Damn I miss the Mamba
+20   

1 month ago '15        #23
space
space
 Kyu said
Kobe was definitely the closest thing to Jordan weíve ever seen or will ever see. Michael and Kobe were very good friends who talked often. Phil Jackson introduced Kobe to MJ and wanted MJ to mentor Kobe. How do you think Kobe was able emulate and copy everything Jordan did to a T?? Jordan told Kobe all his secrets. Why do you think Jordan admitted Kobe was the only one that could beat him 1 on 1?? Jordan said Kobe stole his moves, but Jordan taught Kobe the secrets of the moves!! Jordan has NEVER bestowed such big praise on any basketball player ever! Itís a reason for that. Damn I miss the Mamba
Feels like them movies in real life. Kobe is more than a legend heís an Icon , the name is a brand. Kobe dead just doesnít seem real.

Heís not dead he canít die. Kobe will live forever his name and legacy will never die heís Kobe Bryant dammit.

I compare it to Lil Wayne n*gga really been watching dude ball from a brat
+6   

4 weeks ago '17        #24
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10082 10 K  Slaps total: 3127 3 K
Sorry guys, no such thing as “it was your time” things just happen and this is part of life.

The soul is eternal, there is more life after this bus stop on Earth, different planets, etc. You did, you move on.
+15   

4 weeks ago '14        #25
reelife 
space
space
Props total: 18890 18 K  Slaps total: 1626 1 K
 ImAMonster said

Whether your beliefs are the complete truth or not its a good way to look at life to eventually move on. Sometimes you gotta trick yourself to feel better

Last edited by reelife; 01-29-2020 at 03:10 AM..

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+35online now  34
Guy Dry Ages Every Meat, Then Eats Them
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  24
Video inside On the low, u think uncle phil was more proud or shocked that will slep..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  21
Feb 27 - BREAKING: Milwaukee Police Confirm Identity of Molson-Coors Workplace..
127 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+25online now  7
LeBron James is the REAL MVP of the 2019/2020 Season not Giannis!!
63 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy