NTSB: Kobe Bryant’s helicopter just missed clearing the mountain by 20-30 feet

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

1 month ago '07        #1
13155 page views
205 comments

theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
space
space
Props total: 97796 97 K  Slaps total: 22762 22 K
NTSB: Kobe Bryant’s helicopter just missed clearing the mountain by 20-30 feet

View this post on Instagram

For those who don’t follow the game of basketball, know that what Kobe represents is Messiah levels of inspiration for a whole culture, if only for what he did outside of stepping on the court for an actual game. - Visualizing your goals, an obsessive commitment to hard work and never apologizing for having a winning mentality, regardless of burning bridges or how he was viewed by teammates. I relate so well to this because as an athlete growing up I’ve always hated losing more than anything and was obsessive about winning to a fault. Kobe taught me that competitive spirit is worthless without the drive to do what it takes to actually win, in sport and in life. - Kobe wasn’t always well liked as a person (though you always had to respect his game). But we as fans saw this guy grow and mature and become the best version of himself: a natural teacher, leader, mentor. Seeing him become a father and take his daughter Gigi everywhere was so heartwarming and inspiring. - To see him along with his daughter ripped from the world like this hurts so damn much and is unbelievably discouraging. As a black man it’s watching a very special childhood role model, an absolute pillar of your culture who had everything you could aspire to have, lose it all in an instant. And the Altobelli family, Christina Mauser, Sarah and Payton Chester, and the pilot, gone just like that. - It’s hard to take away anything positive from this situation but it’s what the victims would have all wanted. The Mamba Mentality that Kobe and Gigi embodied can be taken anywhere in life, not just sports. And I definitely will be doing that. #ripkobe #ripgigi RIP to all the victims of this tragedy.

A post shared by KJ ROSS (@kjross_) on

So when the pilot climbed to 2,000 feet to miss the first mountain peek, he dropped down 300 feet to 1700 feet to get out of the fog, hitting the second mountain so if he would have kept climbing or stayed the same elevation instead of dropping down to get out of the fog.

Fvcking Hell.

Last edited by theFREAK; 01-28-2020 at 06:59 PM..
+81   

best
worst
205 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
48laws  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 5112 5 K  Slaps total: 479 479
This just keeps getting worse
+53   

1 month ago '19        #3
HeyChico  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x80
space
space
Props total: 23674 23 K  Slaps total: 14725 14 K
Noooooo take my life instead

1 month ago '18        #4
NBA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 31844 31 K  Slaps total: 7424 7 K
I hope that's not true

+15   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '19        #5
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
space
space
space
Props total: 48690 48 K  Slaps total: 34022 34 K

1 month ago '14        #6
215Philly 
space
space
Props total: 43448 43 K  Slaps total: 17840 17 K
I think he thought the fog was a cloud, thats the mistake
+8   

1 month ago '04        #7
!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 82847 82 K  Slaps total: 14883 14 K
Even though Kobe's helicopter was built in 1991 it's supposedly some 1st class chopper CEO's and billionaires use. I'm surprised it doesn't have some kind of radar instrument that measures out mountains in the area so fog isn't an issue.
+86   

1 month ago '04        #8
refuze 
space
space
Props total: 32939 32 K  Slaps total: 5083 5 K
Damn. Kobe wasnt suppose to go out like this. fu*k!!!!!

He is the embodiment of a person you never thought would die so young. He had so much more to give.

RIP
+93   

1 month ago '12        #9
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
space
space
Props total: 32337 32 K  Slaps total: 2724 2 K
This just makes me think of all the close calls we aren’t even aware of we *avoid* on a daily basis from being hurt or k*lled. Just gotta take every day for granted.
+115   

1 month ago '09        #10
ahmadou1 
space
space
Props total: 38318 38 K  Slaps total: 3483 3 K
"Data also revealed the chopper lost control about 15 seconds before impact."

Bruh... so for 15 seconds they knew they were about to die? This sh*t keeps getting worse and worse
+87   

1 month ago '19        #11
Lord Vermelho  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 3571 3 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
Damn.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #12
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 54547 54 K  Slaps total: 7031 7 K
20-30 feet wtf.
+13   

1 month ago '19        #13
space
space
 ahmadou1 said
"Data also revealed the chopper lost control about 15 seconds before impact."

Bruh... so for 15 seconds they knew they were about to die? This sh*t keeps getting worse and worse
I was hoping my previous comments about the loss of control were in fact highly inaccurate. I wanted that to be wrong at least man. Damn.
+7   

1 month ago '12        #14
CaliSteppin 
space
space
Props total: 9625 9 K  Slaps total: 1037 1 K
It says they were going 184mph when they made impact
+25   

1 month ago '08        #15
J_Clarity13 
space
space
Props total: 7419 7 K  Slaps total: 756 756
Crazy

1 month ago '15        #16
Cooley High 
space
space
Props total: 32092 32 K  Slaps total: 5779 5 K
Wait I’m ignorant can someone explain what this mean to me please?

1 month ago '08        #17
J_Clarity13 
space
space
Props total: 7419 7 K  Slaps total: 756 756
Dude couldn't pull before the 15 seconds happened? What happened before those 15 seconds?
+7   

1 month ago '07        #18
theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38 OP
space
space
Props total: 97796 97 K  Slaps total: 22762 22 K
 Cooley High said
Wait I’m ignorant can someone explain what this mean to me please?

Sounds like the helicopter should have never been in the air, pilots usually fly with 15 miles of visibility in front of them at time the fog and clouds were so bad visibility was down to 1.5 miles , it sounds like since the pilot was flying VFR instead of IFR that he was caught between clouds and fog, went to drop out of the clouds didn’t know a mountain was coming towards them immediately tried to climb up from 1250 feet to over 2,000 feet missing the first mountain by 100 feet, dropped down to 1700 feet to try and get out of the fog not knowing another mountain was in front of them at a different elevation then the first and since he couldn’t see the ground and they crashed into the mountain.

Essentially he’s flying in fog with low clouds beneath him not being able to see where he was in front or below him, chose to divert from the clouds not knowing they were heading straight towards another mountain, thought 1700 was safe with the terrain of the hills changing since they were flying so low to begin within .

Which sucks because I read the pilot has been flying around that area since 2007 and no where else and also has been Kobe Bryant’s personal pilot since 2017.

Also they tried to land at the Burbank Airport but weren’t able to so they continued flying towards Thousand Oaks.
+50   

1 month ago '09        #19
MOTM 
space
space
Props total: 452 452  Slaps total: 60 60
15 seconds is nothing

Especially when he was going 200MPH. Are you guys crazy?

Except for the pilot, I doubt any of them really had any time to react then or know what was coming
+23   

1 month ago '19        #20
space
space
 J_Clarity13 said
Dude couldn't pull before the 15 seconds happened? What happened before those 15 seconds?
When you lose control of an aircraft, you are at the universe's mercy, in this case, the lack of the universe's mercy. Loss of control is a death sentence in those conditions. You hear that in planes(I know more about those so I'll speak on those) loss of control happens in cases of a vertical stabilizer going like Japan airlines flight 123, hydraulics(basic control of the aircraft without the fancy technology), permanently damaged or lost flight surfaces that control air motion and intake like air slats, winglets, etc.

There were reports of the helicopter struggling, sputtering, sounding 'bad' and this report makes sense for those reports of a struggling helicopter.

There is no pulling up, the aircraft is doing whatever in those moments.
+13   

1 month ago '06        #21
lato9905 
space
space
Props total: 4539 4 K  Slaps total: 942 942
1. 185 MPH is FAST AS fu*k

2. Why is Kobe in a helicopter from 1991? I would have questioned 2001 but 91?! Might as well say 89' fk it.
+26   

1 month ago '14        #22
BasedSoul 
space
space
Props total: 2766 2 K  Slaps total: 258 258

1 month ago '17        #23
Sonysony 
space
space
space
Props total: 2500 2 K  Slaps total: 239 239
Damn man life always a matter of inches, or feet
+24   

1 month ago '19        #24
space
space
 lato9905 said
1. 185 MPH is FAST AS fu*k

2. Why is Kobe in a helicopter from 1991? I would have questioned 2001 but 91?! Might as well say 89' fk it.
Aircraft are different man. They get judged on how many flight hours they have, and their maintenance record. You'd be surprised how old some of the planes you fly on really are. I wish I knew more about helicopters but for planes, the lionshare of airworthiness and state of an aircraft is how often it flies and the maintenance. They all have a life period and eventually reach end of life, but it is a long time for them. Now someone speak on choppas for me.
+37   

1 month ago '04        #25
!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 82847 82 K  Slaps total: 14883 14 K
It just hit me (and this is gonna sound awful) but there’s no way his funeral can be open casket right? When you consider the speed of impact, what the police chief said about magnesium reacting to oxygen and water, the fact that it took two days to recover and identify the bodies, and eye witness descriptions of the crash I doubt there’s no way to present his remains for a viewing.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  30
Video inside On the low, u think uncle phil was more proud or shocked that will slep..
33 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+32online now  28
Guy Dry Ages Every Meat, Then Eats Them
67 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-33online now  20
Feb 27 - The male nanny who took care of Dwade sons for a decade
153 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  18
Image(s) inside WE WAS WOLVES (twitter thread)
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy