Been watching new, tributes, memorials of Kob all day, figured a bit out

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+67  135
48 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

3 weeks ago '19        #1
5118 page views
69 comments

Airtight 
space
space
Props total: 2867 2 K  Slaps total: 315 315
Been watching new, tributes, memorials of Kob all day, figured a bit out

I've been watching a lot of people talk about it, watching a lot of people grieve. I can't move on just yet, and I don't want to look at photos of him and his daughter anymore. It's just too personal a loss. It was really hard watching T Mac f*ghting tears just to speak about his friend, Fizdale on The Jump looked like he was already at the damn funeral.

Three people stood out the most. Jerry West saying that he felt like he's lost a son. Shannon Sharpe said it felt like we lost a family member. Ice Cube, in an eerie moment for me, said almost exactly what I have been thinking all day, that people don't understand the love people in Los Angeles have for Kobe. And I realized today that even if he never won a single title, it would have been the same, he would have been the favorite son of the city the rest of his life.

I'm a grown a*s man. I don't follow celebrities, I don't have social media, I don't give a fu*k what actors do outside their screen roles. But Kob was like a guy you and all your friends knew. My mom called me to ask me if I was okay because she bought me one of my most prized possessions, a Lakers hat when she made us move to back to LA. My sister asked if I wanted to talk and I said I don't want to talk to fu*king nobody today. It wasn't until watching all the videos and reflecting on people checking in on me that I realized Jerry West and Shannon Sharpe were right. This sh*t hurts like the loss a family member. In that light, I can understand why I've had such a reaction and I don't feel so bad about myself having an awful couple of days.

Slap, prop, I don't care, it's not important man. Take care of yourselves.
+218   

best
worst
69 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '18        #2
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 36149 36 K  Slaps total: 8313 8 K
 Airtight said
I've been watching a lot of people talk about it, watching a lot of people grieve. I can't move on just yet, and I don't want to look at photos of him and his daughter anymore. It's just too personal a loss. It was really hard watching T Mac f*ghting tears just to speak about his friend, Fizdale on The Jump looked like he was already at the damn funeral.

Three people stood out the most. Jerry West saying that he felt like he's lost a son. Shannon Sharpe said it felt like we lost a family member. Ice Cube, in an eerie moment for me, said almost exactly what I have been thinking all day, that people don't understand the love people in Los Angeles have for Kobe. And I realized today that even if he never won a single title, it would have been the same, he would have been the favorite son of the city the rest of his life.

I'm a grown a*s man. I don't follow celebrities, I don't have social media, I don't give a fu*k what actors do outside their screen roles. But Kob was like a guy you and all your friends knew. My mom called me to ask me if I was okay because she bought me one of my most prized possessions, a Lakers hat when she made us move to back to LA. My sister asked if I wanted to talk and I said I don't want to talk to fu*king nobody today. It wasn't until watching all the videos and reflecting on people checking in on me that I realized Jerry West and Shannon Sharpe were right. This sh*t hurts like the loss a family member. In that light, I can understand why I've had such a reaction and I don't feel so bad about myself having an awful couple of days.

Man it's another human being that you grew up with that died fam. I'm having a bad couple days too. Today worse than yesterday. They were playing his last retirement game on ESPN, I couldn't watch it man. That smile that Kobe always had. That enjoyment that he had for the game, and just was pure excellence man on and off the court.

I do podcasts, and I just tried to do it live, and I can't do it live man. I gotta tape this sh*t in a farewell video i'm doing. How the fu*k am I saying "Farewell to Kobe Bryant" man in death? This don't make sense man. Kobe is like Super man fam in real life. Kobe, Michael Jordan all these guys are beyond legendary. Real life super heroes.

This sh*t crazy man!
+42   

3 weeks ago '13        #3
Facts B 
space
space
Props total: 19233 19 K  Slaps total: 2533 2 K
This sh*t is surreal. Feel like I lost a family member. I had to stop watching TV yesterday bc they were talking about him on every channel and couldnt stop crying. I dont even be crying like that but this sh*t had me fu*ked up for real. sh*t is crazy how you don't realize someones impact until their gone. Kobe was supposed to grow old and own a team and be one of the influential retired athletes of our generation.

Just doesn’t feel right with him not being around any more.
+36   

3 weeks ago '18        #4
dreddo22 
space
space
Props total: 1381 1 K  Slaps total: 514 514
 Airtight said

respect fam.. I'm feeling the same way
+6   

3 weeks ago '17        #5
LegendaryLegend  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13571 13 K  Slaps total: 3477 3 K
I never cried for someone dying whom I had never met a day in my life, but this time was completely different. I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who mourned like that for his passing and was glad to see so many people care that much about him.

It really does feel like I lost someone close yesterday. Several family members checking in on me and sh*t after finding out what happened to Kob, same situation as you. I had a rough two days.
+32   

3 weeks ago '16        #6
GR33ZY 
space
space
space
Props total: 465 465  Slaps total: 25 25
I’m realizing that Kobe was the only icon that I actually had man. Just the other day I was ecstatic to see that he appeared on All the Smoke. Like fu*k, I can’t believe that he’s gone, along with this daughter that the world couldn’t wait to see carry on his legacy on the court. Until yesterday, I really didn’t know how much he meant to me. My favorite basketball player of all time man. It’s so sad. And to see the way it affects the world just makes it that much harder to accept. Rip Bean
+20   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '18        #7
wildish  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
space
space
space
Props total: 7732 7 K  Slaps total: 4215 4 K
 Airtight said

. Ice Cube, in an eerie moment for me, said almost exactly what I have been thinking all day, that people don't understand the love people in Los Angeles have for Kobe. And I realized today that even if he never won a single title, it would have been the same, he would have been the favorite son of the city the rest of his life.
stop kidding yourself no the fook it wouldnt........he would be treated how dwight howard was treated after being a bust for the lakers.......i hate to break it to u but most of the people that are paying tribute to kobe r doing it as polemics.....

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '18        #8
wildish  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
space
space
space
Props total: 7732 7 K  Slaps total: 4215 4 K
 LegendaryLegend said
I never cried for someone dying whom I had never met a day in my life, but this time was completely different. I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who mourned like that for his passing and was glad to see so many people care that much about him.

It really does feel like I lost someone close yesterday. Several family members checking in on me and sh*t after finding out what happened to Kob, same situation as you. I had a rough two days.
the reason u feel like u lost someone close is because kobe was on espn everyday heavily featured........u should probably send a thank you to tim duncan for not wanting the publicity & being boring because of that all the media attention went to kobe

3 weeks ago '09        #9
LOONATIK 
space
space
Props total: 13074 13 K  Slaps total: 1852 1 K
One of the worst tragedies in US history. My heart is broken, everyone's heart is broken. This was the LAST thing I felt like we all didn't see coming, bean was supposed to live forever man, he was Superman to me.
+14   

3 weeks ago '04        #10
Budala 
space
space
Props total: 2484 2 K  Slaps total: 577 577
Appreciate you posting this OP, much respect.

Multitude of folks feel this way but will hide it because in someone's eyes can look crazy, what you crying for you never met him?

Still can't get over a fact legend of the game just vanished. Tough motherfu*ker like Kobe gone? No fu*king way.

I hope him and his daughter are playing hoops somewhere.

Last edited by Budala; 01-28-2020 at 12:23 AM..
+24   

3 weeks ago '05        #11
THEINFAMOUS 
space
space
Props total: 20757 20 K  Slaps total: 1558 1 K
Yeah I was just arguing with my friends a few months ago about crying over celebrities deaths. Like “man id never do that sh*t!” But I was close as hell with this one. I think it hurts a lot more cuz I’m a dad with 2 daughters and his daughter was with him. And I kinda forgot that he’s been on the helicopter sh*t for a minute so “Kobe died in a helicopter crash” didn’t even look right at 1st.

And I wasn’t even the Kobe Guy growing up. I was Iverson all day. To the point where my friends would ask “aiight man who’d win in a 1 on 1?” And is still say Iverson.
+13   

3 weeks ago '18        #12
Jwardisback3rd 
space
space
Props total: 3369 3 K  Slaps total: 434 434
 FireBeats said
Man it's another human being that you grew up with that died fam. I'm having a bad couple days too. Today worse than yesterday. They were playing his last retirement game on ESPN, I couldn't watch it man. That smile that Kobe always had. That enjoyment that he had for the game, and just was pure excellence man on and off the court.

I do podcasts, and I just tried to do it live, and I can't do it live man. I gotta tape this sh*t in a farewell video i'm doing. How the fu*k am I saying "Farewell to Kobe Bryant" man in death? This don't make sense man. Kobe is like Super man fam in real life. Kobe, Michael Jordan all these guys are beyond legendary. Real life super heroes.

This sh*t crazy man!
Watching his last game they kept showing Gigi going crazy had me in tears.... the way his wife looked at him in awww, blowing him a kiss and he winks back is movie role status...I rarely shed a tear and those moments got me....fu*kin Kobe mannnn
+10   

3 weeks ago '17        #13
LegendaryLegend  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13571 13 K  Slaps total: 3477 3 K
 wildish said
the reason u feel like u lost someone close is because kobe was on espn everyday heavily featured........u should probably send a thank you to tim duncan for not wanting the publicity & being boring because of that all the media attention went to kobe
Kick rocks, attention seeking f*g**t.
+6   

3 weeks ago '12        #14
BlessInTheSky 
space
space
Props total: 17095 17 K  Slaps total: 1667 1 K
 FireBeats said

This sh*t crazy man!
I feel you man. The replay of tonight's game was just too much.
Today definitely hit me harder than yesterday. Yesterday was shock, today was the realization that it was real and Kobe gone forever.
+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #15
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 12302 12 K  Slaps total: 1558 1 K
We literally saw Kobe grow up in front of us. Going to prom with Brandy. Air balling and then becoming KOBE BRYANT SLAM DUNK GIANT. All the ones pegged as the next and he did it. He was a true living legend.
+29   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '18        #16
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 36149 36 K  Slaps total: 8313 8 K
 Aesop730 said
We literally saw Kobe grow up in front of us. Going to prom with Brandy. Air balling and then becoming KOBE BRYANT SLAM DUNK GIANT. All the ones pegged as the next and he did it. He was a true living legend.
LOL!!! I remember that air ball he shot when he first got with the Lakers. He was so young, c*cky, vibrant. Man that made me laugh man, how you said it. Thank You man! It felt like he took us on the journey with him from the very beginning.

I remember that playoff series at the beginning of their run, where Shaq fouled out, and Kobe took over in overtime, and everybody wanted to see if he could carry the Lakers to the W with Shaq out the game. It was his time to shine, and he brought it home.

Last edited by FireBeats; 01-28-2020 at 05:21 PM..
+13   

3 weeks ago '05        #17
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 75579 75 K  Slaps total: 21625 21 K
 Aesop730 said
I think money story is so special because dude was drafted with the #1 pick

He didnt go to a top university

He was selected with the 13 pick out of high school and was on the bench behind eddie jones averaging 7 points a game

Then he just worked hard and took his sh*t to the next level and we were watching the whole time

now hes gone but I do believe he has served his purpose on this planet while he was here.
+8   

3 weeks ago '18        #18
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 13881 13 K  Slaps total: 1491 1 K
It's eerie that two of the most influential, young, powerful, focused, independent (not owned by any other entity or run by handlers) black men in LA are both dead now.

3 weeks ago '16        #19
DubVeeDomo 
space
space
space
Props total: 661 661  Slaps total: 199 199
I played pro ball overseas and high major in college. But even before all that when I was alone, in the gym, crying tears bcuz I wasn’t seeing the results I wanted in the gym, Kobe was one of the guys that helped me push through. When I began watching Film it was around the time “Kobe Doing Work” the spike lee joint came out. The way he broke down film and was so driven to find new ways to score and counter defensive schemes helped me throughout my college and Pro career. His relentlessness and passion gave me chills when I got buckets at West 4th in New York running down the court making that face he always made. No I didn’t know him, but knew 2 players that played for LA at the time. I would ask them all the time what was it like playing with Kobe. DJO told me no matter who was guarding him in practice, everyone knew he was gonna score at will. And Devin Ebanks taught me workouts that he got from Kobe that I implemented into my routine all the way up until I hung up my shoes. I don’t know him personally but man.... this hurts

It’s hard to mourn someone that you didn’t know openly bcuz people make you feel like you clout chasing. This man impacted me deeply and helped me in ways he will never know
+9   

3 weeks ago '13        #20
THEDONN 
space
space
Props total: 42209 42 K  Slaps total: 12134 12 K
I cried the day of
And yesterday

I feel strong today

Time to celebrate the god life

THank u kob
+8   

3 weeks ago '16        #21
uncleDrew 
space
space
Props total: 4767 4 K  Slaps total: 497 497
 Airtight said
I can't move on just yet, and I don't want to look at photos of him and his daughter anymore. It's just too personal a loss
Did you actually know him? People are tripping out like he was their dad and best friend

3 weeks ago '17        #22
DrOTGenesis 
space
space
space
Props total: 3379 3 K  Slaps total: 583 583
Yeah haven’t had the stomach to watch espn since this happened. Honestly haven’t felt like this over anyone and the feeling is unexplainable. I’m just numb brothers.

Take care of yourselves these couple days and remember that you should do whatever makes you the happeiest at any point in life because there’s no redo of this sh*t.
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #23
space
space
space
Props total: 6545 6 K  Slaps total: 2164 2 K
 shooter said
It's eerie that two of the most influential, young, powerful, focused, independent (not owned by any other entity or run by handlers) black men in LA are both dead now.
Why?

3 weeks ago '18        #24
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 13881 13 K  Slaps total: 1491 1 K
 2007 said
Why?
Just seems like a really f'd up and weird coincidence that two of the most influential young black movers and shakers in the country get k*lled in LA, months apart from one another.

3 weeks ago '10        #25
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22918 22 K  Slaps total: 3566 3 K
 Airtight said

Get it out bro, I felt the same way. I took the day off from work because I knew I couldn’t handle any conversations about Kobe.

I’ve had a lot of emotions over the last few days. The one thing I have to keep reminding myself is to “protect your energy”. For me that’s isolation, whatever works for you do it.

Stay up
+6   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+54online now  53
BREAKING: Pop Smoke murdered in home invasion.
1011 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+349online now  28
Pop Smoke reaped what he sowed and more death and chaos will come to this wick..
251 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-76online now  22
Video inside And that’s why people fu*k with her, she’s dope.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Kehlani respond to Joe Buddens comments from his podcast
57 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy