Rob Bremmer, Pilot and Instructor - Dying in a plane crash does not hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
26 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '16        #1
6904 page views
103 comments

freebiggavel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 2414 2 K  Slaps total: 1497 1 K
Rob Bremmer, Pilot and Instructor - Dying in a plane crash does not hurt.

This I can answer from personal and professional experience. In August 1984 I was a flight Instructor, flying a passenger to Monterey California. We were making an instrument approach in the clouds. The instruments failed in a way I thought I was on course correctly. Long story short we flew a Grumman Tiger at approach speed (90) past the airport (timing issue) into a hill on an approach path angle, in the fog. This is usually not survivable.

When I saw scrub-brush appear in the clouds, at 90 mph, my thought was “this is it.” As we hit, our bodies were flung forward. My face hit the instrument panel hard. There was no pain as my nose broke, as my glasses were mushed into my face, as my arm broke and as I suffered quick deceleration and extreme bruising. Same for the passenger. I blacked out, last view being instrument panel. Sense of complete accepatance, and no pain. Came to some time later. Body back, head back, top of plane gone. We were upright. No pain. My face felt wet. I touched it with my right hand, and figured it was blood. My passenger was screaming get out get out.

Methodically, in shock, I first reached over and shut off fuel, engine and electrical, even though that was all broken up already. I went to move my left arm. No pain but it would not move. I looked at it. It moved funny. I could see the broken bone under the skin. We got out and sat on the side of the hill. It was foggy As the shock wore off, the pain began to set in. At one point, in shock, I had the strangest feeling. I could let go and go ‘into some place…light? can’t say. It was welcoming but it scared me. I wanted to live. I started singing and the feeling went away.

We were found first by a Russian satellite. We had an agreement, to share civilian emergency distress info. We did not know this at the time. That info went to Fort Ord, which sent up a search plane. We heard it fly over, twice. That located us roughly on the ground. Search crews found us several hours later. We both lived intact though it was very traumatic!

My takeaway applied to this question - dying in a plane crash does not hurt, and if you are aware, you just have a sense of acceptance. Later comes pain, then comes gratitude.

I went on to build a successful flying career in flight training before moving to other areas. I still fly for fun to this day.

Macabre sidenote - A year after we crashed, another plane crashed in the same way ( a dangerous approach, as it turns out, for a number of reasons I did not understand at the time) - they all died. A year after THAT? They built luxury condos all over the hill!
This is sad, I hope Kobe and them didn't feel any pain.image
+74   

best
worst
103 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
freebiggavel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
space
space
space
it didnt hurt them
+22   

1 month ago '16        #3
space
space
space
@, @, @, @, @, @
+1   

1 month ago '17        #4
The Gary Group  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66
space
space
Props total: 63689 63 K  Slaps total: 8462 8 K

Unless he died and came back, this n*gga tripping
+65   

1 month ago '16        #5
Glock Rivers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 63715 63 K  Slaps total: 8218 8 K

+24   

1 month ago '09        #6
TriniSoldier 
space
space
Props total: 76574 76 K  Slaps total: 18259 18 K

+8   

1 month ago '10        #7
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 28906 28 K  Slaps total: 7386 7 K
I always hear about that light and how people talk about accepting it or f*ghting
+30   

1 month ago '10        #8
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 28906 28 K  Slaps total: 7386 7 K
They didnt feel anything yall

They died on impact most likely
+28   

1 month ago '16        #9
NoLvstName  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 59359 59 K  Slaps total: 5568 5 K
Of course they didn't feel anything upon impact which is great

I just think of their final seconds of the helicopter being outta control and the fear

Terrible
+78   

1 month ago '04        #10
Dash 
space
space
space
Props total: 50156 50 K  Slaps total: 4482 4 K
 NoLvstName said
Of course they didn't feel anything upon impact which is great

I just think of their final seconds of the helicopter being outta control and the fear

Terrible
There is no mention of the heli being out of control. I believe the guy just couldn't see and ran into a hill before there was anything left to do. Atleast that's what I hope for those kids.
+39   

1 month ago '16        #11
space
space
space
 Dash said
There is no mention of the heli being out of control. I believe the guy just couldn't see and ran into a hill before there was anything left to do. Atleast that's what I hope for those kids.
that it is what I heard too, but it's hard to tell because some people are saying kobe hugged his daughter before they crashed.

1 month ago '16        #12
NoLvstName  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 59359 59 K  Slaps total: 5568 5 K
 Dash said
Idk reports are saying the pilot tried to gain altitude quickly and then crashed

To me it sounds like he realized he was flying to low and tried to climb too quick loss control of the helicopter

Just speculation though

+5   

1 month ago '05        #13
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 5566 5 K  Slaps total: 1296 1 K
I don’t know how much time they had to realize it , but sometimes it’s hard to process what is happening when it happens quick. Besides immediate acceptance which is what I hear all the time.
I was in a car wreck where I got clipped by a semi on the highway I was doing probably 70 I spun on the highway for a few seconds then slammed into the guard rail. The only thing in my mind was “dam this is it” I had no control over the car all I could do was hold on. I know it’s not the same as a helicopter or plane crash. But no emotions whatsoever came to my mind besides that. I don’t think your body gives you the chance over the shock of what’s happening to actually feel any emotions.
+60   

1 month ago '17        #14
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4126 4 K  Slaps total: 2116 2 K
 freebiggavel said
it didnt hurt them
The worst part is knowing you’re going down
+21   

1 month ago '19        #15
Datboy 
space
space
space
Props total: 64 64  Slaps total: 8 8
The part about acceptance is true. I had a near death experience once and I felt the same way. It's a strange feeling but it makes me feel better for when my time actually comes for real.
+30   

1 month ago '16        #16
@MR SMOOTH$ 
space
space
Props total: 6578 6 K  Slaps total: 845 845
For me when I almost died I did see my whole life flash before my eyes it was weird.
You really don’t notice or expect you’re going to die you’re just in this weird bliss
+29   

1 month ago '17        #17
LegendaryLegend  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13655 13 K  Slaps total: 3487 3 K
Adrenaline is our superhero tonic. There's no way in hell they felt a thing, especially with the speed at which their craft was going.

The thing that troubles me though is the fear that the children felt, and the worry Kobe had to have felt knowing he couldn't protect his beautiful daughter.
+52   

1 month ago '15        #18
Prad Bitt 
space
space
Props total: 6916 6 K  Slaps total: 746 746
 REG773 said
I always hear about that light and how people talk about accepting it or f*ghting
I always wonder what it means when u see the dark each time. Good book says you get solace at night though.

1 month ago '18        #19
wildish  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
space
space
space
Props total: 7872 7 K  Slaps total: 4333 4 K
here is what they most likely saw in the crash pov

helicopter passengers film crash (survived) reaction time shown

here is a different crash with a helicopter flying in fog made the same mistake as kobes pilot

Last edited by wildish; 01-28-2020 at 12:04 AM..
+7   

1 month ago '18        #20
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
space
Props total: 7903 7 K  Slaps total: 7040 7 K
 freebiggavel said
that it is what I heard too, but it's hard to tell because some people are saying kobe hugged his daughter before they crashed.
How would anyone be able to know that. I havent seen that reported anywhere actually.
+36   

1 month ago '16        #21
space
space
space
 MayneThaTruth2 said
How would anyone be able to know that. I havent seen that reported anywhere actually.
i read it from people on boxden

1 month ago '15        #22
GGG goat 
space
space
Props total: 2802 2 K  Slaps total: 6179 6 K
tell that to Travis Barker
+4   

1 month ago '12        #23
MischiefTooReal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10264 10 K  Slaps total: 932 932
 freebiggavel said
i read it from people on boxden
Smarten up Nas.
+15   

1 month ago '18        #24
lorinsor3 
space
space
Props total: 739 739  Slaps total: 44 44
The chopper slammed into the grown at 180 MPH and left a 1000 ft crater. There was no pain and will be little remains of the victims. Sad because his family won't be able to see him or Gigi again in a physical form.
+33   

1 month ago '05        #25
Tonero 
space
space
Props total: 6951 6 K  Slaps total: 2044 2 K
No pain cause the brain floods the body with chemicals at the moment of impact

Last edited by Tonero; 01-29-2020 at 12:44 AM..
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  75
Image(s) inside Feb 27 - Terabytes Of Stolen Adult Content From OnlyFans Have Leaked
261 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+37online now  36
Guy Dry Ages Every Meat, Then Eats Them
84 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+38online now  31
Video inside On the low, u think uncle phil was more proud or shocked that will slep..
39 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+41online now  16
Article inside We need R&B back this sh-t is unbalanced
162 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
 Closes in 2 hrs -  Minnesota at Orlando - 7:00 PM
 Closes in 2 hrs -  Brooklyn at Atlanta - 7:30 PM
 Closes in 2 hrs -  Charlotte at Toronto - 7:30 PM