Aaron Rodgers ‘I Don’t Know How You Can Believe in a God’

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+17  82
21 comments @wild'ish
most viewed right now
18 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

4 weeks ago '19        #1
14031 page views
675 comments

Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 9519 9 K  Slaps total: 13364 13 K
Aaron Rodgers ‘I Don’t Know How You Can Believe in a God’

In an intimate conversation with girlfriend Danica Patrick, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is discussing his Christian upbringing and how he first began to question his faith.
In a video posted to Patrick’s YouTube page for her Pretty Intense podcast in late December, Rodgers — who was raised as a Christian from a young age — said he had trouble connecting with his religious community as a child.
“Most people that I knew, church was just … you just had to go,” the Super Bowl XLV champion recalled.

It was his time with the youth group, Young Life, that he felt the most sense of community — which he said he didn’t get during typical Sunday mass.
“We went to Mexico during two spring breaks and built houses,” he said of volunteering with the program. “We put together homes for these folks who were living in garage door sides thrown together and stuff, that was meaningful. That was really meaningful work.”
But it wasn’t until Rodgers was exposed to other religions as a young adult that he began to question his own.
“I just didn’t find any connection points with those things,” said Rodgers, who played football at the University of California, Berkeley. “I started questioning things, and had friends who had other beliefs — I enjoyed learning, that’s kind of a part of my life.”

“I had some good friendships along the way that helped me to figure out exactly what I wanted to believe in,” the 36-year-old said in the video. “Ultimately, it was that rules and regulations and binary systems don’t really resonate with me.”
The realization led Rodgers down a path to a “different type of spirituality,” one that is more meaningful to him than what he experienced as a child.

Rodgers also said the growing threat of climate change made it hard for him to accept Christianity.
“I don’t know how you can believe in a God who wants to condemn most of the planet to a fiery hell,” he said. “What type of loving, sensitive, omnipresent, omnipotent being wants to condemn his beautiful creation to a fiery hell at the end of all this?”

Though Rodgers did not specifically refer to himself as an atheist — someone who does not believe in the existence of God or gods — his statements seem to echo those of a growing contingent of people in the United States. According to Pew Research, the number of Americans who identify with being an atheist has increased over the last decade (from 2 percent to 4 percent).

For the two-time NFL MVP, it was the “us against them” attitude he observed that ultimately changed his views on organized religion.
“Religion can be a crutch, it can be something that people have to have to make themselves feel better,” Rodgers continued. “Because it’s set up binary, it’s us and them, saved and unsaved, heaven and hell, it’s enlightened and heathen, it’s holy and righteous … that makes a lot of people feel better about themselves.”

visit this link https://people.com/sports .. ieve-in-a-god/
+72   

best
worst
675 comments

4 weeks ago '19        #2
74wpb4w5 
space
space
Props total: 2493 2 K  Slaps total: 1132 1 K
SB .640 #33 (+2)

+23   

4 weeks ago '08        #3
SlickJ101 
space
space
Props total: 10663 10 K  Slaps total: 2560 2 K
Ugh I hate this motherfu*ker but agree w all of that.
+33   

4 weeks ago '05        #4
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 51860 51 K  Slaps total: 31060 31 K

4 weeks ago '13        #5
FrankCastro1731 
space
space
Props total: 18776 18 K  Slaps total: 1837 1 K
SB .710 #16 (0)
fu*k the Cheeseheads but he spoke some real sh*t tho
+11   

4 weeks ago '19        #6
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 11589 11 K  Slaps total: 9394 9 K
It's easy for me.

I view God as more of an 'Intelligent Designer' more so than a 'Benevolent, Father Figure'.
+69   

4 weeks ago '17        #7
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 85579 85 K  Slaps total: 36898 36 K
Uh oh the bx Atheists coming

Let me get their favorite talking points out the way.

Bu bu but wars, bu bu but hypocrites, bu bu but judgemental, bu bu but made up man in the sky, bu bu but fairytales.
+46   

4 weeks ago '07        #8
Luongo 
space
space
Props total: 9830 9 K  Slaps total: 588 588
Agreed but this might not end well.

+9   

4 weeks ago '10        #9
lboog1423 
space
space
Props total: 27488 27 K  Slaps total: 2630 2 K
This why y'all got ya a*s whooped
+101   

4 weeks ago '20        #10
NachoDips 
space
space
Props total: 1999 1 K  Slaps total: 404 404
In.

4 weeks ago '10        #11
Blkboipurp 
space
space
Props total: 19484 19 K  Slaps total: 1654 1 K
Talk that sh!t Aaron
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #12
Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 9519 9 K  Slaps total: 13364 13 K
 Rule 336 said
Uh oh the bx Atheists coming

Let me get their favorite talking points out the way.

Bu bu but wars, bu bu but hypocrites, bu bu but judgemental, bu bu but made up man in the sky, bu bu but fairytales.
Do u believe Zeus and godly crew is real?

4 weeks ago '18        #13
Infamous1 
space
space
Props total: 5480 5 K  Slaps total: 1618 1 K
Only thing i cant get down with are Jesus freaks. You gotta be an idiot to believe them bullsh*t stories of his existence

4 weeks ago '05        #14
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 75579 75 K  Slaps total: 21625 21 K
 SuperPawgHunter said
It's easy for me.

I view God as more of an 'Intelligent Designer' more so than a 'Benevolent, Father Figure'.
So eloquently put

4 weeks ago '17        #15
space
space
She's a terrible interviewer.. she not nodding her head or nothing when he's speaking.
+5   

4 weeks ago '12        #16
SLUTBANGER410 
space
space
Props total: 603 603  Slaps total: 162 162
"when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion”- Richard Dawkins
+46   

4 weeks ago '07        #17
boobizzy 
space
space
space
Props total: 2943 2 K  Slaps total: 2364 2 K
Love it.

4 weeks ago '17        #18
space
space
Rodgers basically said his church wouldn't let him bring his gay and black friends to church

3:20
+24   

4 weeks ago '07        #19
tre0624 
space
space
Props total: 15798 15 K  Slaps total: 8725 8 K
 SlickJ101 said
Ugh I hate this motherfu*ker but agree w all of that.
but who the hell said god is condeming us? who says global warming is real?

4 weeks ago '07        #20
tre0624 
space
space
Props total: 15798 15 K  Slaps total: 8725 8 K
u can believe in god without believing in religion
+55   

4 weeks ago '12        #21
ezduzit 
space
space
Props total: 14412 14 K  Slaps total: 1407 1 K
i feel him about religion in general but i still believe in a higher entity but i dont think were supposed to know. i truly believe some things just arent meant to be known

Last edited by ezduzit; 01-22-2020 at 05:50 PM..
+22   

4 weeks ago '17        #22
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 20102 20 K  Slaps total: 2463 2 K
Most people who don't believe in God cannot come up with a rational explanation as to how the world began

They claim Nothing (The absence of everything) created this intricate complex planet with all the nature and humans and all of the order of the universe without ANY intelligent design behind it and it came to be through random selection and evolution.

You ever saw colorful ink draw its own pictures in a perfect way on a piece of paper and black ink fall from the sky to form perfect coherent sentences on those pages and bind itself into a 500 page book by itself? Any human person would say that is impossible because it there was an intelligence behind the creation and fabrication of that book and its contents.

But this world that is far more complex, complex to the point that the intelligence behind every part of this world down to its smallest molecule and DNA that is incomprehensible to any human was somehow created by an explosion out of nothing, right atheists?

Show me an explosion that did not cause destruction but created order and created a universe with sentient beings and I will become an atheist

Last edited by Timberwolves; 01-22-2020 at 07:07 PM..
+65   

4 weeks ago '07        #23
Jumbo Rondo 
space
space
Props total: 37547 37 K  Slaps total: 5365 5 K

4 weeks ago '08        #24
SlickJ101 
space
space
Props total: 10663 10 K  Slaps total: 2560 2 K
 tre0624 said
but who the hell said god is condeming us? who says global warming is real?
Tf are you talking about?
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #25
space
space
 Timberwolves said
Most people who don't believe in God cannot come up with a rational explanation as to how the world began

They claim Nothing (The absence of everything) created this intricate complex planet with all the nature and humans and all of the order of the universe without ANY intelligent design behind it and it came to be through random selection and evolution.

You ever saw colorful ink draw its own pictures in a perfect way on a piece of paper and black ink fall from the sky to form perfect coherent sentences on those pages and bind itself into a 500 page book by itself? Any human person would say that is impossible because it there was an intelligence behind the creation and fabrication of that book and its contents.

But this world that is far more complex, complex to the point that the intelligence behind every part of this world down to its smallest molecule and DNA is incomprehensible to any human was somehow created by an explosion out of nothing, right atheists?
Yeah that's the dumbest sh*t I ever heard.... n*ggas literally claimed the universe the created itself. So I'd always say if I sat an empty jar somewhere long enough it'll start to create it's own universe
+13   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+54online now  35
BREAKING: Pop Smoke murdered in home invasion.
1008 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-69online now  32
Video inside And that’s why people fu*k with her, she’s dope.
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+27online now  23
Image(s) inside Kawhi official NB signature shoe
31 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside BREAKING: Cardi B's "59 Brim" Blood Set Hit w/ RICO & FBI Arrests Her F..
204 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy