the Wire prequels

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
18 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '19        #1
4833 page views
75 comments

blackadamwarloc 
space
space
space
Props total: 446 446  Slaps total: 98 98
the Wire prequels

Omar

Prop Joe

Just saw these today. The Omar one funny asl to me
+49   

best
worst
75 comments

4 weeks ago '12        #2
Yano 
space
space
Props total: 1120 1 K  Slaps total: 23 23
Yeah I copped the box set dvd back in the day and these were some of the special features.

Forgot all about them, dope to see again.
+15   

4 weeks ago '17        #3
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 23400 23 K  Slaps total: 4089 4 K
Prop Joe could talk his momma out an a*s whooping

+44   

4 weeks ago '06        #4
LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 13598 13 K  Slaps total: 1291 1 K
so when are we getting season 0?
+29   

4 weeks ago '11        #5
rbarber1234 
space
space
Props total: 6609 6 K  Slaps total: 984 984

I need another season
+22   

4 weeks ago '09        #6
dadon85 
space
space
space
Props total: 23467 23 K  Slaps total: 3104 3 K
Omar

Leave the working man alone

Take from drug dealers
+22   

4 weeks ago '16        #7
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 20363 20 K  Slaps total: 805 805

+29   

4 weeks ago '04        #8
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 12282 12 K  Slaps total: 1557 1 K
Anthony dead in the apartment. Marlo was a different beast
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #9
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
Props total: 731 731  Slaps total: 511 511
i never liked omar and not because he was gay

4 weeks ago '19        #10
blackadamwarloc  OP
space
space
space
 LYTE said
so when are we getting season 0?
facts

the Wire was way ahead of its time
+11   

4 weeks ago '19        #11
blackadamwarloc  OP
space
space
space
they really just needa do an anthology season. Dedicate 1-2 episodes each showing specific characters come up
+5   

4 weeks ago '19        #12
Aquarella 
space
space
Props total: 1117 1 K  Slaps total: 327 327
watch power episode 13 here.

4 weeks ago '19        #13
blackadamwarloc  OP
space
space
space
 hoodrichmali said
i never liked omar and not because he was gay
how can U hate hood batman
+7   

4 weeks ago '06        #14
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 75667 75 K  Slaps total: 4055 4 K
BX is actually the reason why i watched The Wire

back when it first aired, i was young and i really wasnt interested in it.

but you guys spoke about it sooooooo often and so highly of it, that i decided to go back and check it out.

I was 10 years late, but i really enjoyed it. Its a great show

Last edited by realgunta; 01-19-2020 at 04:50 PM..
+38   

4 weeks ago '16        #15
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 15369 15 K  Slaps total: 1262 1 K
Greatest show of all time
+24   

4 weeks ago '19        #16
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
 blackadamwarloc said
how can U hate hood batman
he robbed characters i liked and i can respect drug dealers especially ones who were so organized and powerful. omar was just a robber which doesn’t impress me nearly as much. the main reason i didn’t like him though is because he always talked about how everything was “all in the game” when he robbed and murdered but turned into a snitch when his bf got k*lled and uses the bullsh*t excuse of it being because they went “past the game” simply because they tortured him. when since gruesome deaths not been apart of the drug trade? what does it even matter? it’s the same end result. you don’t get to start a conflict and then say that the other person’s response wasn’t fair especially in their world. one thing that’s agreed upon is not running to the police to solve your problems when you’re a criminal. that’s some bi*ch a*s sh*t and is nowhere in the game. he could’ve easily handled his beef with them in the streets which makes me wonder if he was scared of bird now that i think about it. what other reason did he have to testify against him instead of k*lling him since he knew his whereabouts, what kind of gun he carried, etc?

Last edited by hoodrichmali; 01-19-2020 at 05:08 PM..
+13   

4 weeks ago '06        #17
I smoke crack 
space
space
space
Props total: 69 69  Slaps total: 4 4
 Aquarella said
watch power episode 13 here.

Where the rest of the episodes?

4 weeks ago '19        #18
blackadamwarloc  OP
space
space
space
 hoodrichmali said
he robbed characters i liked and i can respect drug dealers especially ones who were so organized and powerful. omar was just a robber which doesnít impress me nearly as much. the main reason i didnít like him though is because he always talked about how everything was ďall in the gameĒ when he robbed and murdered but turned into a snitch when his bf got k*lled and uses the bullsh*t excuse of it being because they went ďpast the gameĒ simply because they tortured him. when since gruesome deaths not been apart of the drug trade? what does it even matter? itís the same end result. you donít get to start a conflict and then say that the other personís response wasnít fair especially in their world. one thing thatís agreed upon is not running to the police to solve your problems when youíre a criminal. thatís some bi*ch a*s sh*t and is nowhere in the game. he couldíve easily handled his beef with them in the streets which makes me wonder if he was scared of bird now that i think about it. what other reason did he have to testify against him instead of k*lling him since he knew his whereabouts, what kind of gun he carried, etc?
now I respect ur rationale. But I disagree on a few points. The kingpins like Avon Stringer and Marlo do get their points for being legends and running empires. But their empires are built on the suffering of innocents. Hamsterdam and Bubbles are on the show to demonstrate the human cost of the game

I respect a n*gga like Omar for saying fu*k all that an only robbing kingpins. Morality and scruples and all that. He probably wouldnít have flipped out on the Barksdales if they had just k*lled his boy honestly. U saw how he wasnít trippin on them emptying like 30 shots on his other homie in season1 cuz bra was in the streets just like them
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #19
blackadamwarloc  OP
space
space
space
 Proveone said
Greatest show of all time
easily
+3   

4 weeks ago '14        #20
dom king 
space
space
space
Props total: 1068 1 K  Slaps total: 97 97
Damn forgot all about these
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #21
airmcnair06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 1053 1 K  Slaps total: 30 30
There was another one wit McNulty and Bunk

Another good one, where the actors talk about the roles they originally auditioned for

Carver auditioned to be Stringer Bell Lmao no fu*kin way he coulda held that role down
+9   

4 weeks ago '19        #22
hoodrichmali 
space
space
space
 blackadamwarloc said
now I respect ur rationale. But I disagree on a few points. The kingpins like Avon Stringer and Marlo do get their points for being legends and running empires. But their empires are built on the suffering of innocents. Hamsterdam and Bubbles are on the show to demonstrate the human cost of the game

I respect a n*gga like Omar for saying fu*k all that an only robbing kingpins. Morality and scruples and all that. He probably wouldn’t have flipped out on the Barksdales if they had just k*lled his boy honestly. U saw how he wasn’t trippin on them emptying like 30 shots on his other homie in season1 cuz bra was in the streets just like them
what innocents were suffering? drug addicts aren’t innocents. drug users are literally the sole reason why drug cartels thrive. fu*k morality and scruples. idk in what world anyone would think those would be logical to have in a violent criminal underworld. it ain’t like that n*gga had no other choice but to be a robber. he was still a murderer. what place does he have to talk about being moral? also, he wasn’t tripping about them k*lling his other partner because he wasn’t his bf. that’s not at all comparable. their relationship was just business

4 weeks ago '17        #23
Penrythejanitor 
space
space
space
Props total: 740 740  Slaps total: 77 77
Was 'The Corner' not intended as a prequel to 'The Wire'? As stated above, some of the best television ever made...
+7   

4 weeks ago '05        #24
airmcnair06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 1053 1 K  Slaps total: 30 30
 blackadamwarloc said
they really just needa do an anthology season. Dedicate 1-2 episodes each showing specific characters come up
Have you seen The Corner?

Its a lot like what u described. Written by same writers, David Simon and Ed Burns too. sh*t If anything, The Corner is ACTUALLY the prequel to The Wire since it came before and is based in Baltimore street life. It was a short mini series and it's less characters but each episode is more intimate cause there's one center character they focus on each episode. Check it out if you haven't seen it. It's REALLY GOOD! the characters depth and development is crazy for such a short series. I was mad it was over so quick

Got some of the same actors from the write playing COMPLETELY different roles

Norman and Freamom play junkies lol

Whole show is on youtube. How I watched it the first time

Last edited by airmcnair06; 01-24-2020 at 04:26 PM..
+18   

4 weeks ago '19        #25
blackadamwarloc  OP
space
space
space
 airmcnair06 said
Have you seen The Corner?

Its a lot like what u described. Written by same writers, David Simon and Ed Burns too. sh*t If anything, The Corner is ACTUALLY the prequel to The Wire since it came before and is based in Baltimore street life. It was a short mini series and it's less characters but each episode is more intimate cause there's one center character they focus on each episode. Check it out if you haven't seen it. It's REALLY GOOD! the characters depth and development is crazy for such a short series. I was mad it was over so quick

Got some of the same actors from the write playing COMPLETELY different roles

Norman and Freamom play junkies lol
hell yea lol. The corner is really good, they got the whole thing up on YouTube. It blew my mind when I found out the real life Fran was the lady who played secretary in the health clinic.

I almost feel like you should watch the corner more to be educated, itís more realistic than the wire
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  29
Video inside Tiffany Haddish Bombs At NBA Roast
198 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-64online now  25