Akai Drops A New Budget Friendly MPC(700.00 retail)

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '05        #1
4537 page views
175 comments

Suavebeatz 
space
space
Props total: 38411 38 K  Slaps total: 4491 4 K
Akai Drops A New Budget Friendly MPC(700.00 retail)

Akai have announced a brand new member of the MPC family, the MPC ONE is the entry level stand alone MPC with the same 7 inch touch screen, as well as the ability to work in both stand alone mode and also controller mode - when linked to the MPC software.

The same software features are available throughout the range making it just as powerful as the higher priced units.

One thing that we appreciate is the addition of 8 CV gate outputs - previously only available on the top of the range MPC X.
You also get host mode, to directly attach class compliant MIDI controllers if you need keys as well as the 16 velocity/pressure equipped pads.

We had a visit from Andy Mac who showed what the MPC ONE can do.

Last edited by Suavebeatz; 01-16-2020 at 09:12 PM..
+64   

best
worst
175 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 20449 20 K  Slaps total: 8290 8 K
I want to do my own beats and drop an R&B album. I can probably only sing better than the worst singer in the world, but I still want to do it.
+57   

1 month ago '04        #3
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12676 12 K  Slaps total: 2166 2 K
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
I want to do my own beats and drop an R&B album. I can probably only sing better than the worst singer in the world, but I still want to do it.
Then do it..
+33   

1 month ago '05        #4
Fauby 
space
space
Props total: 17634 17 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
Might have to buy this
+4   

1 month ago '19        #5
Itsarapforum  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 587 587  Slaps total: 270 270
My new beat set up. Korg Volcas. I paid $400 for both drum machines and the mixer. All analogue.

+40   

1 month ago '04        #6
CodyThaGod 
space
space
Props total: 287 287  Slaps total: 7 7
That MPC One is the hot sh*t. Nuts that a decade ago Akai were getting left in the dust. Now they are on fire. I been on Maschine for the past few years since I sold my MPC's (4k & Studio). Been missing that Akai workflow though. Might pick this up in the spring. Anybody looking to make music, DO IT. It aint even about taking a shot. It's about embracing your natural talent and becoming creative with it. Keep going.
+55   

1 month ago '10        #7
ajayones 
space
space
space
Props total: 5222 5 K  Slaps total: 521 521
its cool

but just something bout making a beat in 5 mins with software that works better for some others
+5   

1 month ago '17        #8
space
space
space
 marcchrome said
Then do it..
Yeah, I hear you, but I really donít know sh*t about building my own studio OR making tracks. I suppose I could figure out what equipment is needed (donít think Iíd be into Fruityloops etc), but I donít have much time and energy to put into something that is just kind of a bucket list thing to do. I donít know, I gotta get more inspired.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #9
space
space
space
 CodyThaGod said
That MPC One is the hot sh*t. Nuts that a decade ago Akai were getting left in the dust. Now they are on fire. I been on Maschine for the past few years since I sold my MPC's (4k & Studio). Been missing that Akai workflow though. Might pick this up in the spring. Anybody looking to make music, DO IT. It aint even about taking a shot. It's about embracing your natural talent and becoming creative with it. Keep going.
Okay, if I was going to make a home studio, what exactly would I need to do it equipment wise? Iím guessing I would have to soundproof the room somehow, or depending on the mic used this isnít necessary right? Not saying money isnít an issue, but I would want my sh*t set up with high quality equipment is that would rarely need to be upgraded.
+5   

1 month ago '04        #10
C.R.I.P. 
space
space
Props total: 12363 12 K  Slaps total: 648 648
Might grab one jus to have.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #11
CodyThaGod 
space
space
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Okay, if I was going to make a home studio, what exactly would I need to do it equipment wise? Iím guessing I would have to soundproof the room somehow, or depending on the mic used this isnít necessary right? Not saying money isnít an issue, but I would want my sh*t set up with high quality equipment is that would rarely need to be upgraded.
Dope. You want to make your own beats and record too? To get started I would pick up that new SSL Interface

Get some cheap decent monitors like the yamaha hs5's

You dont even need a good mic but you can get something like the Rhode NT1A

after that you need a program to make beats in and a program to record. FLStudio has the easiest learning curve I think, but you said you dont want that. Logic Pro is what I use to record, and I make beats with my Native Instruments Maschine. You can do it all in Logic though. It's $200 for the program. TBH though, you can pirate it for nothing. I dont think Apple cares about their pro apps being pirated, because they can easily stop it but they dont. My observation is that they want as many people using them as possible.

Dont worry about sound proofing. you gotta learn the gear first. If you must sound proof, wait until youve recorded a bunch so you can hear the difference. You can make sound proofing your self with bathmats, sound blankets, foam, and or Roxul if you want to really go hard with it. Im talking for your vocals. Youre not going to have the awareness yet to understand soundproofing your room, and tbh it's a waste of money until you have an ear for mixing. You might not even want to go that route.

These are the essentials. you'll need cables and a mic stand, and of course a computer. Maybe you want to pick up Maschine or the MPC studio. You can get both secondhand on ebay for dirt cheap. If you get a used Maschine you will have to buy the software from NI for $70 (or pirate it). Also, Pick up a small midi keyboard. If you get one with pads you wont need a Maschine or MPC.

Reach out if you got more questions. happy to help. I want to hear more music from folks that love music.

Peace
+28   

1 month ago '04        #12
CodyThaGod 
space
space
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Okay, if I was going to make a home studio, what exactly would I need to do it equipment wise? I’m guessing I would have to soundproof the room somehow, or depending on the mic used this isn’t necessary right? Not saying money isn’t an issue, but I would want my sh*t set up with high quality equipment is that would rarely need to be upgraded.
As far as high quality gear, I would go with Universal Audio all the way. Get an Arrow bare minimum

Genelec monitors (also the sub)

And maybe this TLM 103

Thing is though, youre always gonna want to upgrade. Personally if I were starting out, I'd go for the cheaper package cause you need to learn why you have certain gear before you know why you need to buy the good stuff. So many people buy expensive gear that just sits around. It's not worth it, especially in this age. The cheaper package i listed will cost 1/4 of this, and you'll end up making the exact same music. Then eventually you'll understand what it all does, and will know what to look for that suites what you need personally. side note, that SSL interface is SWEEEEET for the money. If I wasnt on UAD I would buy it for sure.
+5   

1 month ago '11        #13
Sinamatik CFR 
space
space
Props total: 21977 21 K  Slaps total: 2467 2 K
i dont even use this sh*t no more, just my mouse and pc keyboard...

+19   

1 month ago '15        #14
Madethagreat 
space
space
Props total: 19000 19 K  Slaps total: 2883 2 K
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Okay, if I was going to make a home studio, what exactly would I need to do it equipment wise? I’m guessing I would have to soundproof the room somehow, or depending on the mic used this isn’t necessary right? Not saying money isn’t an issue, but I would want my sh*t set up with high quality equipment is that would rarely need to be upgraded.
Good Headphones, a decent computer i5 or better(can scrape by with a i3 laptop) scooped a cheap laptop from a pawn shop for 150

Sounds

And your DAW (fl studio, ableton or mpc ) eBay that sh*t or torrent at your own risk

And free time and some YouTube tutorials

Good sounds are everywhere for free

But those subscription service sounds are mastered giving you more to work with

Last edited by Madethagreat; 01-16-2020 at 08:15 PM..
+12   

1 month ago '17        #15
space
space
space
 CodyThaGod said
Dope. You want to make your own beats and record too? To get started I would pick up that new SSL Interface

Get some cheap decent monitors like the yamaha hs5's

You dont even need a good mic but you can get something like the Rhode NT1A

after that you need a program to make beats in and a program to record. FLStudio has the easiest learning curve I think, but you said you dont want that. Logic Pro is what I use to record, and I make beats with my Native Instruments Maschine. You can do it all in Logic though. It's $200 for the program. TBH though, you can pirate it for nothing. I dont think Apple cares about their pro apps being pirated, because they can easily stop it but they dont. My observation is that they want as many people using them as possible.

Dont worry about sound proofing. you gotta learn the gear first. If you must sound proof, wait until youve recorded a bunch so you can hear the difference. You can make sound proofing your self with bathmats, sound blankets, foam, and or Roxul if you want to really go hard with it. Im talking for your vocals. Youre not going to have the awareness yet to understand soundproofing your room, and tbh it's a waste of money until you have an ear for mixing. You might not even want to go that route.

These are the essentials. you'll need cables and a mic stand, and of course a computer. Maybe you want to pick up Maschine or the MPC studio. You can get both secondhand on ebay for dirt cheap. If you get a used Maschine you will have to buy the software from NI for $70 (or pirate it). Also, Pick up a small midi keyboard. If you get one with pads you wont need a Maschine or MPC.

Reach out if you got more questions. happy to help. I want to hear more music from folks that love music.

Peace
A million thanks bruh. Iíve been looking into getting an IMac, so Logic Pro is installed so Iíll have that. Would I need a MIDI keyboard if I get a full sized keyboard instead along with an MPC and/or Maschine? Ben wanting to learn how to play, and I just donít want to be limited with equipment, even though I donít know how to use them yet.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #16
CodyThaGod 
space
space
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
A million thanks bruh. Iíve been looking into getting an IMac, so Logic Pro is installed so Iíll have that. Would I need a MIDI keyboard if I get a full sized keyboard instead along with an MPC and/or Maschine? Ben wanting to learn how to play, and I just donít want to be limited with equipment, even though I donít know how to use them yet.
Dope. Full size is alot. Most producers dont need 88 keys at all times. You could get a 61 or even a 49 and use the octave button. 61 keys will give you enough to learn true piano skills with too. You can learn with a 49 as well. anything less and it's not really worth it.

dope 61 key novation on sale

And yeah, a midi keyboard and one of the beatmaking hybrids like Maschine or MPC is a perfect set up for beats. That with logic pro and you'll be golden.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #17
Suavebeatz  OP
space
space
 ajayones said
its cool

but just something bout making a beat in 5 mins with software that works better for some others
The work flow in this is crazy fast..it's like the old school Roland groove boxes. 100% self contained..the only feature they left out was being battery operated.

I'm gonna order one just to introduce my kids into beat making..I think the learning curve will be simple enough to bring in a new generation of beat makers.
+5   

1 month ago '04        #18
NAKHI ALLAH 
space
space
Props total: 4587 4 K  Slaps total: 514 514
I like my Ren....

Only cause I learned on a 2000 not a xl a 2000...

I like my Ren , now I'm starting Ableton, but I come from a analog world...having a hard time understanding the daw but it's a process......

I'm old school.....

A sample of my work..

Last edited by NAKHI ALLAH; 01-16-2020 at 10:00 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '12        #19
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 88148 88 K  Slaps total: 6341 6 K
Still got a 1000, 2000xl, and a 2500. Got the mpd and the mpk lol

Got an SP and even a oldschool dr rhythm track lol
+9   

1 month ago '07        #20
KoolBreeze 
space
space
Props total: 8892 8 K  Slaps total: 570 570
this is stand-alone but its also able to be connected to PC for software use?
+5   

1 month ago '09        #21
Kgdesign 
space
space
Props total: 1593 1 K  Slaps total: 225 225
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Do it. Thereís never a perfect time or situation. Slowly research and buy gear and before you know it, itíll all add up. Built my home studio up in about 2 years. Good headphones and or studio monitors are a must. I have a set of KRKs and Adam Audio T7Vs. I recommend checking out both of em. Get to writing! #nosmalltime
+6   

1 month ago '16        #22
wesleypipes 
space
space
Props total: 18837 18 K  Slaps total: 3165 3 K
man all that akai sh*t is cool but half of the sh*t dont have videos of how to using them

1 month ago '04        #23
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
space
space
Props total: 57333 57 K  Slaps total: 10438 10 K
I got an mpc x and mpc live

Mpc one is weak without a battery, it's just a revamped mpc live. I'll stick with my portable live
+9   

1 month ago '05        #24
Suavebeatz  OP
space
space
 KoolBreeze said
this is stand-alone but its also able to be connected to PC for software use?
Yeah it can still be connected to a PC
+1   

1 month ago '07        #25
Cartel-Clipz 
space
space
Props total: 61227 61 K  Slaps total: 4159 4 K
considering copping one
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside BREAKING: Cardi B's "59 Brim" Blood Set Hit w/ RICO & FBI Arrests Her F..
203 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-63online now  14
Video inside And thatís why people fu*k with her, sheís dope.
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+25online now  12
Image(s) inside Kawhi official NB signature shoe
31 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-39online now  5
Wants all the smoke: Supremes son said he shouldíve popped 50 when he saw him