Tyler Perry Addresses His Critics for Writing his Own scripts

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 days ago '17        #1
1661 page views
42 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
space
space
Props total: 77276 77 K  Slaps total: 17387 17 K
Tyler Perry Addresses His Critics for Writing his Own scripts

+8   

best
worst
42 comments

4 days ago '17        #2
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 10314 10 K  Slaps total: 1102 1 K
He definitely need writers. His shows are laughably bad. Black women swear by his content though because it appeals largely to them no matter how bad the writing is.

Won't lie I watch the Have and Have nots with my wife and her Mother-in-Law just to laugh at how terrible the writing was. It's one of the best shows when your smoking too. LMAOOOOO sh*t was getting so bad that even my Wife and her Mother were like, "This is not good writing". LMAOOO

And the acting is so bad. Matter fact it's actors/actresses on the show that are terrible on this show but other shows outside of this they're actually good actors. Baffles my mind.
+21   

4 days ago '17        #3
SATX 
space
space
Props total: 2617 2 K  Slaps total: 188 188
Find it funny he opened up a studio to give upcoming black actors a way into the industry knowing the opportunities are hard to come by but won't do the same for black writers.

He really need a writer's room where people can bounce ideas off that are fresh instead of the same tropes and themes all his stuff has but then again long as they keep coming back for mediocrity why switch it up?
+11   

4 days ago '15        #4
KING SOULJA 
space
space
Props total: 22547 22 K  Slaps total: 11245 11 K
I don’t blame him for writing everything himself. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
+9   

4 days ago '04        #5
sagolous 
space
space
Props total: 560 560  Slaps total: 53 53
cant say if its a fact, but i seen something about him not wanting to pay writers that belonged to the union. not sure if true or not but interesting.
+2   

4 days ago '17        #6
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
space
space
I can't phantom not minding my own business.
I don't understand how people sit behind their computer screens and make a declaration that a man who has done a billion things for our community, is not doing enough.
"He needs to hire writers so black writers can be successful".
He's not stopping no one's ability to be successful.
Point blank period.

n*ggas always
1. In other people's business
2. Think they know what's best for everyone else
3. Always want someone to give out handouts

sh*t is annoying.
It's always unsuccessful people yapping their lips
+13   

4 days ago '18        #7
Sick Flair 
space
space
Props total: 3968 3 K  Slaps total: 314 314
 Petieparker said
He definitely need writers. His shows are laughably bad. Black women swear by his content though because it appeals largely to them no matter how bad the writing is.

Won't lie I watch the Have and Have nots with my wife and her Mother-in-Law just to laugh at how terrible the writing was. It's one of the best shows when your smoking too. LMAOOOOO sh*t was getting so bad that even my Wife and her Mother were like, "This is not good writing". LMAOOO

And the acting is so bad. Matter fact it's actors/actresses on the show that are terrible on this show but other shows outside of this they're actually good actors. Baffles my mind.
Facts. What baffles me is how he wants to have a studio but doesn’t want to pay the same bills that a studios has. That goes back to the knock on black folks running their business into the ground penny pinching. You do have to pay for rewrites but if you were able to recognize good writing in the first place then you would not hire bad writers. Dude should really hire a good EP or show runner for just one of his shows. The days of sh*t black entertainment need to come to an end. With him doing all of these things to promote/show off his ownership, you’d think he’d want his business to be about quality.
+3   

4 days ago '17        #8
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 35264 35 K  Slaps total: 3676 3 K
He doesn't care about a quality product and his audience doesn't either.
+9   

4 days ago '10        #9
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9717 9 K  Slaps total: 2299 2 K
 Petieparker said

I think it's because of his theater style he tells people to pronunciate certain words certain ways and the overacting but I know exactly what you're talking about and I never even seen the haves and have nots because I've seen his other shows and movies and I thought the same thing myself
+1   

4 days ago '14        #10
OCT DION 
space
space
Props total: 22715 22 K  Slaps total: 2426 2 K
I watched a movie of his years ago where the main character cheated on her husband and got AIDS
+3   

4 days ago '05        #11
Da Gooneyz 
space
space
Props total: 2695 2 K  Slaps total: 434 434
This guy hustled the living daylights out of the black church.
+2   

4 days ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 18924 18 K  Slaps total: 2045 2 K
sounds like an opportunity...

4 days ago '11        #13
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 22835 22 K  Slaps total: 5710 5 K
I fxcks wit "The Oval".

4 days ago '04        #14
grydlok 
space
space
Props total: 5797 5 K  Slaps total: 258 258
 Mr Scaramucci said
I can't phantom not minding my own business.
I don't understand how people sit behind their computer screens and make a declaration that a man who has done a billion things for our community, is not doing enough.
"He needs to hire writers so black writers can be successful".
He's not stopping no one's ability to be successful.
Point blank period.

n*ggas always
1. In other people's business
2. Think they know what's best for everyone else
3. Always want someone to give out handouts

sh*t is annoying.
It's always unsuccessful people yapping their lips
Bx Dictionary "Fathom "
+1   

4 days ago '05        #15
halfadash 
space
space
space
Props total: 2195 2 K  Slaps total: 82 82
I mean up to now he is doing quite alright.

And even if he gets writers not like ya'll gonna watch more of his movies. Know your lane and thrive in it. He knows his.
+2   

4 days ago '17        #16
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
space
space
 grydlok said
Bx Dictionary "Fathom "
Get yo ol educated a*s out of here

4 days ago '16        #17
DeadPresident 
space
space
Props total: 3395 3 K  Slaps total: 1025 1 K
 Petieparker said

Damn I watch it with my wife too lol shxt is predictable af lol we both noticed how they push the gay agenda hard in his shows.
+1   

4 days ago '12        #18
FrescoB  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 43808 43 K  Slaps total: 7452 7 K
 bonez79 said
I fxcks wit "The Oval".
Looks like a fake a*s Scandal to me
+1   

4 days ago '17        #19
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 54535 54 K  Slaps total: 39274 39 K
He writes for low hanging fruit. Hes a sh*t minstrel show writer. Straight garbage.
+1   

4 days ago '04        #20
grydlok 
space
space
Props total: 5797 5 K  Slaps total: 258 258
 Mr Scaramucci said
Get yo ol educated a*s out of here
don't be mad at me Danny Phantom
+1   

4 days ago '04        #21
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 18889 18 K  Slaps total: 1186 1 K
 Petieparker said

acegutta22 said
I think it's because of his theater style he tells people to pronunciate certain words certain ways and the overacting but I know exactly what you're talking about and I never even seen the haves and have nots because I've seen his other shows and movies and I thought the same thing myself
i was about to say the same thing. It has to be because he has them overacting on purpose like in theatre(what he is used to) which doesn’t translate well on tv/movies

4 days ago '11        #22
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 22835 22 K  Slaps total: 5710 5 K
 FrescoB said
Looks like a fake a*s Scandal to me
That shxt is super ratchet but for some reason that shxt is entertaining.
+1   

4 days ago '17        #23
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 80052 80 K  Slaps total: 35561 35 K
I would fu*k the sh*t out of Tracy G

4 days ago '06        #24
marcusaka50 
space
space
space
Props total: 17590 17 K  Slaps total: 3277 3 K
I doubt he doesn't want to work with other writers..I'm sure he is a mentor to somebody in that field whether it's direct contact with him or indirect learning from being around him or learning from a far...I'm writer but not on a professional level and as I get older I still feel the urge to write...writers don't stop writing...writing is part of creating anything....whether its film,fashion,food...some people love to write

4 days ago '15        #25
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 37199 37 K  Slaps total: 5521 5 K
Just some insight on his home in Wyoming. He got nothing but white folks working for him.

They think they somebody just because of his name.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  41
Lil Durk's Artist OTF DEDE Gets Violated on Cam!
344 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-85online now  10
10 Facts About the 90's Spider-Man Cartoon
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  7
Image(s) inside Jan 17 - Man finds $43,000 in cash inside couch... guess what room I’m..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  6
Image(s) inside Royce Da 5’9 Doubles Down On Yelawolf Beef, Calls Him ‘David Duke’
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy