BREAKING: SONY (Once Again) Skipping E3 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+24  1581
756 comments @sports
most viewed right now
239 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '04        #1
2174 page views
84 comments

cuzjuan 
space
space
Props total: 4658 4 K  Slaps total: 2057 2 K
BREAKING: SONY (Once Again) Skipping E3 2020

the rumour is, Sony has beef with ESA (organization that runs e3)...
and thus not showing up. but should sony make fans pay for the little tiffs with other corporations?

does sony care about its customers? i mean.. forced into cross play, only just recently stated they would release more multiplayer games (playing alone is fine, but being able to play with your friends is awesome as well).

wants you to buy ps5 day one... but hasnt stated if ps5 games will be playable on the ps4 (some ppl dont wanna buy a console at the debut retail price). MS said dont worry, we got you for the next 2 yrs.. play any system you want.

with these signs of uncooperation by sony, even ignoring their own customers cries to turn on cross play to carry over saves from games like fortnite. sony quietly turned on the feature in late dec 2019 w/o alerting their customers...

then proceeded to keep bragging about sales in the logo release and not reassure their base about how they are gonna step up their services, u kinda gotta wonder if SONY really cares about their customers with their ambiguous dont care, we already won attitude image

what yall think?

best
worst
84 comments

2 weeks ago '15        #2
Madethagreat 
space
space
Props total: 18938 18 K  Slaps total: 2880 2 K
Lol sony does this all the time they c*ck tease a console war then pull Back revise and make a slightly better console lmao

Last edited by Madethagreat; 01-14-2020 at 06:03 AM..
+11   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 48551 48 K  Slaps total: 6481 6 K
Don’t they have their own PlayStation event?
+24   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
space
space
 Madethagreat said
Lol don’t does this all the time they c*ck tease a console war then pull Back revise and make a slightly better console lmao
Youngggg
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 25662 25 K  Slaps total: 2865 2 K
It doesn’t matter, because Sony knows their customers will support regardless of their showing or not.
+19   

2 weeks ago '05        #6
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 18109 18 K  Slaps total: 1066 1 K
If they had pure heat to show, I think they’d show up.

Then again, they could save their heat for their own show
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 9759 9 K  Slaps total: 3847 3 K
To Pussio OP:

Arrogant Sony is back innit and they heading for the head bruv
fu*k these xobox or nintendouche or stadiahoe pussios fam
fu*k a E3
SONY BACK ON TOP
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45136 45 K  Slaps total: 10972 10 K
Microsoft will be doing this soon too. E3 just doesn’t make sense anymore when these companies can stream conferences on their own accord or just release trailers at the drop of a hat.
+14   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
Ra-da-god 
space
space
Props total: 4929 4 K  Slaps total: 573 573
 SFamilyRep said
not since 2017 I believe.

man THIS IS CRAZY my bro just said that Sony was gonna pull that sh*t again like 3 weeks ago and I laughed in his face like "nah They got new hardware coming out they have to be there"

Sony may feel like They've out grown e3, especially at their last showing and how It was received by media and fans. they may feel like they are big enough to do this sh*t on their own I hope they not back in their ps3 arrogant bag, but we'll see

I'm bummed out tho I looked forward to them being there, I like that aggressive energy they bring always made for dope years watching them and M$ play chess n sh*t, but whatever they choose to do I just wanna see the ps5 and what its about
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 81990 81 K  Slaps total: 13521 13 K
Honestly E3 at this point should just stop

The way the world is connected with social media and YouTube. All these giant game corporations can have they own expo: either fully online like Nintendo does with they directs or save they money and put on they own show instead of going through E3

All gaming companies should follow suit

Nintendo been ahead of the game
+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
Chuck_Remixed 
space
space
Props total: 9745 9 K  Slaps total: 433 433
E3 has increasingly become irrelevant. Theirs so many events now that Sony can choose to do. Only MS is left doing this sh*t of the big 3. Theirs suppose to be more publishers pulling out this year too. The doxx sh*t last year left a lot of people with a bad taste in there mouths too.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 24079 24 K  Slaps total: 969 969
It makes sense for these big companies to have their own expos during the year, but I do think there should be at least one event where everyone in the gaming space congregates under one roof. It's good for the fans, it's good for industry networking, and it's good competitively for all of the studios.

If Sony wants to do this sh*t just to prep PS5, fine. But I dont think they should make it a habit to skip E3, or any event where they have to share space.
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
space
space
 Ra-da-god said
not since 2017 I believe.

man THIS IS CRAZY my bro just said that Sony was gonna pull that sh*t again like 3 weeks ago and I laughed in his face like "nah They got new hardware coming out they have to be there"

Sony may feel like They've out grown e3, especially at their last showing and how It was received by media and fans. they may feel like they are big enough to do this sh*t on their own I hope they not back in their ps3 arrogant bag, but we'll see

I'm bummed out tho I looked forward to them being there, I like that aggressive energy they bring always made for dope years watching them and M$ play chess n sh*t, but whatever they choose to do I just wanna see the ps5 and what its about
You may be right about them last having an event in 2017....but I believe they’ll have one this year....2017 we didn’t debut any new hardware like what we’re getting with the PS5. To be honest they don’t need to do an event every year

2 weeks ago '06        #14
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 51771 51 K  Slaps total: 7101 7 K
Nobody console makers go hard at e3 anymore. It’s all about their own shows.

2 weeks ago '06        #15
snaxxx 
space
space
Props total: 3148 3 K  Slaps total: 535 535
Sony doesn’t need E3 period .... E3 needs Sony
+7   

2 weeks ago '18        #16
MasonPolitikz 
space
space
Props total: 479 479  Slaps total: 200 200
 snaxxx said
Sony doesn’t need E3 period .... E3 needs Sony
Lol this. Fact. Sony is now on a level of apple for gaming

2 weeks ago '04        #17
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14637 14 K  Slaps total: 1911 1 K
This is the year i get that 5 plairs. Last console was playstation 1.

+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
Ra-da-god 
space
space
Props total: 4929 4 K  Slaps total: 573 573
 SFamilyRep said
You may be right about them last having an event in 2017....but I believe they’ll have one this year....2017 we didn’t debut any new hardware like what we’re getting with the PS5. To be honest they don’t need to do an event every year
I agree with that they don't need one every year if they stay consistent with the state of play sh*t, but they really need one for the ps5 its too many questions right now.

what does it look like?
what are the specs?
what's the price gone be?
when's the release date?

sure they could do a state of play and knock this out but I prefer the stage for sh*t like that
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #19
kickzrme 
space
space
Props total: 7301 7 K  Slaps total: 292 292
Sony not gonna be there...so that mean Xbox can put on a show...they probably won't tho cause Xbox not really making games for gamers...they need to cut out all that kiddie animation sh*t and bring some heat for the series x

2 weeks ago '14        #20
NewLegends 
space
space
Props total: 14424 14 K  Slaps total: 2202 2 K
From a marketing standpoint, Sony is already winning the next generation.

2 weeks ago '04        #21
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 SFamilyRep said
when next month or E3?

next month, yeah but no word about what they doing around E3...
and the reason they announced they wont be there, is quoted from sony...

ESA and them have beef! but isnt that selfish to not be at E3? like TWICE IN A ROW?

ima xbox guy and i want sony to be at E3, like its fu*king E3!!!!

2 weeks ago '04        #22
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Madethagreat said
Lol sony does this all the time they c*ck tease a console war then pull Back revise and make a slightly better console lmao
see i didnt know they are like that... i dont know much about their consoles launches beyond PS3...

thats when i got interested in the business of games and tech of games

2 weeks ago '04        #23
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 jsmooth-117 said
It doesn’t matter, because Sony knows their customers will support regardless of their showing or not.
thats true, but i think unless they show some mind blowing stuff i think 10 million customers can jump ship easy then instead of 100 M customers they maybe only get 85-90 M cusomter this gen.

thats only 10-15 % of their base but for xbox thats 1/5 their base so a significant increase which means more software sales thus more money and it changes perception 60M Vs. 90M.. not the gap doesnt seem so significant.. developers less likely to make exclusives for one or the other and rather maximize their sales.. with more multiplats...

so yeah i htink it could definetly be a big deal...
if all the new games are being shown off on the new xbox at E3 and look fu*king awesome the 11 year old gonna tell his mom wants the game for the xbox
if u dont htink that marketing works, its proven that it does...
thats why E3 in the past has been so important.. maybe not as muc hthese days but it still holds big wait in the industry and for consumers as well

2 weeks ago '04        #24
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 WCIB said
If they had pure heat to show, I think they’d show up.

Then again, they could save their heat for their own show
yeah hope so, but E3 is E3... kinda no excuse other than this stupid beef they have with the ESA.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 WeedCanuckman said
To Pussio OP:

Arrogant Sony is back innit and they heading for the head bruv
fu*k these xobox or nintendouche or stadiahoe pussios fam
fu*k a E3
SONY BACK ON TOP
ur very weird bro!

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  28
Video inside Jan 25 - People are falling DEAD in the streets of 武汉..
303 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-18online now  28
Image(s) inside #HotGirlsForBernie is TRENDING on Twatter; EPIC BACKFIRE ensues.
54 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+85online now  26
Image(s) inside Jay with the sneak sign to his handlers at the end
176 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  25
Open Marriage fu-kery!