Jan 13 - Greta Busted! Facebook Glitch Reveals Her Father Has Been Writing Her Posts

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
73 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

1 week ago '18        #1
4333 page views
113 comments

danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 11022 11 K  Slaps total: 12051 12 K
Jan 13 - Greta Busted! Facebook Glitch Reveals Her Father Has Been Writing Her Posts

A Thursday evening software update at Facebook accidentally allowed anyone to view exactly who is posting under the accounts of public figures, businesses and other entities, according to Wired.

The result? For starters, some 3 million followers of teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg have been reading posts written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN's Climate Change organization, Adarsh Prathap. Thunberg, Inc. claims Greta is still the one writing the content.

Greta, Inc. explained this in a Saturday Facebook post purporting to be the young climate activist.

"Some people have been asking who manages this page. First of all, since last spring I only use Facebook to repost what I write on my Twitter and Instagram accounts," reads the post, in which 'she' says she tried Facebook "early on," but didn't like it, so she uses "my father Svantes account to repost content."

"The rest that is shared on Facebook is reposted from Twitter and Instagram by the guy who founded the Greta Thunberg Facebook page long before I knew it existed. His name is Adarsh Prathap and he lives in India. Since a lot of people thought it was my official page in the beginning I asked if I could co-manage it and he said yes."

Greta claims to have written all the content posted by her father and Prathap.

In other words, "of course it's not me silly - you should have known I just 'co-manage' the fan page."

Except - by all outward appearances it appeared to be her page alone.

Facebook's 'page transparency' shows Greta as the confirmed owner - with the only clue suggesting she might have help being a page manager located in India.

"We quickly fixed an issue where someone could see who edited or published a post on behalf of a Page when looking at its edit history," said the company in a statement. "We are grateful to the security researcher who alerted us to this issue."

Facebook says the bug was the result of a code update that it pushed Thursday evening. It's not something most people would have encountered on their own, since it took navigating to a Page, viewing an edit history, and realizing that there shouldn't be a name and profile picture a*signed to edits to exploit it. Still, despite the Friday morning fix, screenshots circulated on 4chan, Imgur, and social media appearing to show the accounts behind the official Facebook Pages of the pseudonymous artist Banksy, Russian president Vladimir Putin, former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, the hacking collective Anonymous, climate activist Greta Thunberg, and rapper Snoop Dogg, among others.

Facebook points out that no information beyond a name and public profile link were available, but that information isn't supposed to appear in the edit history at all. And for people, say, running anti-regime Pages under a repressive government, making even that much information public is plenty alarming. -Wired
"People who run sensitive Pages from their own Facebook should now consider that their identity may be known," said Lukasz Olejnik independent privacy adviser and Oxford University Center for Technology and Global Affairs. "While mistakes happen, this one is unexpected."

visit this link https://www.zerohedge.com .. father-posting

best
worst
113 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 78048 78 K  Slaps total: 4789 4 K
Op thinks a Bulgarian conspiracy site is credible.

In a quote from the above New Yorker article they summarize the political stance of the blog, which Lokey told Bloomberg is: “Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft.”

Zero Hedge’s content has been classified as “alt-right” and has been criticized for presenting conspiracy theories.

In review, Zero Hedge publishes pro-right wing/Trump articles such as Pat Buchanan: “Trump Calls Off Cold War II.” As well as fake news stories regarding liberals: Anti-Trump Protesters Bused Into Austin, Chicago.

Editorial content is written under the pseudonym Tyler Durden and usually focuses on conspiracies related to economic collapse. Zero Hedge sources to factually mixed think tanks such as the The Mises Institute, which promotes Austrian (Anarcho-Capitalism) economics.

A factual search reveals a terrible track record with IFCN fact checkers. There are too many failed checks to list here.

Overall, we rate Zero Hedge an extreme right biased conspiracy website.

+29   

1 week ago '06        #3
Full Clip 
space
space
Props total: 6348 6 K  Slaps total: 1047 1 K
Shes a 16 year old girl that actually cares about her future. Who gives a fu*k?
+36   

1 week ago '18        #4
danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
 Full Clip said
Dat naivete

1 week ago '15        #5
AdRock 
space
space
Props total: 11163 11 K  Slaps total: 1723 1 K
These weirdos have google alerts set so they can try to take down a teenage female who’s biggest crime is caring about the planet. Y’all were raised by Wolves, not a single bit of common decency in your entire body.
+50   

1 week ago '18        #6
space
space
 AdRock said
These weirdos have google alerts set so they can try to take down a teenage female who’s biggest crime is caring about the planet. Y’all were raised by Wolves, not a single bit of common decency in your entire body.
You understand that the climate change machine is behind her backing her every move. She is not a simple girl with ponytails that cares about the planet, you naive fool. She is the face of a multibillion industry.

1 week ago '04        #7
ruff 
space
space
Props total: 7431 7 K  Slaps total: 1659 1 K
It's pretty obvious Greta has handlers

Bruh, you dumb as hell if you think she's handling everything.
+28   

1 week ago '04        #8
class01 
space
space
space
Props total: 611 611  Slaps total: 90 90
Doesn't matter to me ����*♂️
+3   

1 week ago '18        #9
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 32479 32 K  Slaps total: 4042 4 K
 danneywilliams said
You understand that the climate change machine is behind her backing her every move. She is not a simple girl with ponytails that cares about the planet, you naive fool. She is the face of a multibillion industry.
So attack the industry

Grown a*s man attacking a damn 16 yo girl
+20   

1 week ago '18        #10
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
So attack the industry

Read between the lines. This damn post is an attack on the industry. I'm calling it fake and manufactured.

1 week ago '18        #11
space
space
 danneywilliams said
Read between the lines. This damn post is an attack on the industry. I'm calling it fake and manufactured.
Shut up and stop crying about a teenage girl
+5   

1 week ago '18        #12
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
No tears here, Julia. You're mistaking me for the little boys you keep in your basement. Let 'em out, bro. They've suffered enough.

1 week ago '18        #13
space
space
 danneywilliams said
No tears here, Julia. You're mistaking me for the little boys you keep in your basement. Let 'em out, bro. They've suffered enough.

first it was 16yo girls now your talking about little boys in basements and sh*t. sheesh, you got some serious issues man
+7   

1 week ago '07        #14
joshdogg26 
space
space
Props total: 18659 18 K  Slaps total: 2086 2 K
you chomos need to get over your hate boner for this kid. it's sickening.
+6   

1 week ago '09        #15
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 151720 151 K  Slaps total: 18903 18 K
 Juliette DaBlok said

the story is even more ducktales than santa
+3   

1 week ago '04        #16
filleezcustoms 
space
space
Props total: 685 685  Slaps total: 157 157
Stop.paying attention to social media bullsh*t!

You all are sheep and follow the shepard.

Become a wolf and find your own way and eat these sheep a*s people

Followers are the weakest people ever and now they are following fake bullsh*t more than ever.

sh*t makes me sick! Lead instead of following fu*k boys
+1   

1 week ago '17        #17
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 78048 78 K  Slaps total: 4789 4 K
 Juliette DaBlok said
These so called patriots are spooked by a harmless teenage girl. Imagine feeling you have to gang up together to defeat a teenager. Trump supporters are baby thighs soft.

+4   

1 week ago '20        #18
Skimask Andy 
space
space
Props total: 218 218  Slaps total: 52 52
They only use Greta because she’s a child, gives her immunity to any criticism.

Anyone who criticizes her, the left tries to shame them in to submission.

This is why they use children. They’re weak, gutless & clueless.

1 week ago '19        #19
Big Gurthy 
space
space
space
Props total: 4257 4 K  Slaps total: 531 531
Op thinks because all right wingers and republicans are frauds and hucksters that everyone else is
+9   

1 week ago '20        #20
Skimask Andy 
space
space
Props total: 218 218  Slaps total: 52 52
 AdRock said
 Full Clip said
 Juliette DaBlok said
 Juliette DaBlok said
 Naga Sadow said
These so called patriots are spooked by a harmless teenage girl. Imagine feeling you have to gang up together to defeat a teenager. Trump supporters are baby thighs soft.

This is why Democrats prop kids like Greta Thunberg and David Hogg up as their spokespeople, they can play the victim if anyone dares to criticize them.

"STOP ATTACKING CHILDREN!" they say as they use the kids to score political points and put them in that position.

1 week ago '19        #21
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
space
space
Props total: 40543 40 K  Slaps total: 28948 28 K
fu*k you tree huggers

1 week ago '17        #22
ddy807 
space
space
Props total: 12942 12 K  Slaps total: 593 593
her parents support her?

that's crazy.
+5   

1 week ago '17        #23
ddy807 
space
space
Props total: 12942 12 K  Slaps total: 593 593
 Skimask Andy said
This is why Democrats prop kids like Greta Thunberg and David Hogg up as their spokespeople, they can play the victim if anyone dares to criticize them.

"STOP ATTACKING CHILDREN!" they say as they use the kids to score political points and put them in that position.

damn swedish democrats. do you even know she's swedish or ....?
+3   

1 week ago '15        #24
MemphisBleek 
space
space
Props total: 4367 4 K  Slaps total: 2151 2 K
Poor girl. I don’t care about this article, I just want her to go to school. That’s it.

1 week ago '17        #25
Ymmot 
space
space
space
Props total: 41628 41 K  Slaps total: 8612 8 K
@, there needs to be a section for these conspiracy weirdos like @ and @ to post all their fake stories.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  38
Power tv shooter got leaked
359 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-23online now  26
women are bullying russy simmons :(
195 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-48online now  23
REAL OR FAKE NEWS? Woman in OTF Dede's cam video killed!
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside Jan 20 - DoorDash drivers make an average of $1.45 an hour, analysis f..
110 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy