Samsung and Apple have established.......

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
32 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '06        #1
2596 page views
29 comments

LYTE 
space
space
space
Props total: 13120 13 K  Slaps total: 1254 1 K
Samsung and Apple have established.......

Samsung and Apple have established a firm duopoly on the US phone market

More than 90% of the phones sold at each of the four major carriers' stores were either made by Apple or Samsung, according to a new store survey done by analysis firm Wave7 Research and reported first by PC Mag. The study confirms earlier reports and shows that despite the buzz around the latest phones by companies such as Google, OnePlus and others, the US market is largely dominated by Apple and Samsung. It's a duopoly that has not changed much in the last few years.

Apple and Samsung phones made up a whopping 95% of all the phones sold at AT&T stores, 94% of the phones sold at Verizon stores, 94% over at Sprint and 91% at T-Mobile stores, according to this report.

The most popular phone sold at carrier stores was the iPhone 11, while the most popular Android phone was the Samsung Galaxy S10.

A very, very distant third was Google's family of Pixel phones that grabbed between 2% and 4% depending on the carrier, while OnePlus got the fourth place with 2.3%, largely thanks to the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition sold at T-Mobile stores.

These numbers once again show just how much of a hold Apple and Samsung have on the US market and how things are just not changing.

It's worth pointing out that carrier stores control the overwhelming majority of US postpaid phone sales, selling between 85% and 90% of the phones, with only between 10% to 15% of postpaid sales happening via other channels like Amazon, Best Buy and the rest.

Postpaid, or contract, subscribers are the most profitable customers for carriers and this is largely the number that matters for revenues. Latest publicly available data from Q3 2018 estimated that there are 267 million postpaid mobile subscribers in the US and only 46 million customers on prepaid. Typically, prepaid plans are cheaper and are preferred by customers from lower income households that are also generally not buying high-end phones. This latest report confirms this: for example, over at MetroPCS, Samsung, LG and Motorola were the top sellers in the first half of December, while Boost Mobile was selling mostly iPhone and Samsung phones, but the LG Stylo 5 was ranked as the fifth most popular phone there.

visit this link https://www.phonearena.co .. Apple_id121341
+4   

best
worst
29 comments

2 weeks ago '06        #2
LYTE  OP
space
space
space
we need more OS w/app markets that rival the 2 powerhouses.

unfortunately it might be too late.
+4   

2 weeks ago '08        #3
ExNihilo 
space
space
Props total: 36326 36 K  Slaps total: 574 574
Brand recognition and OS familiarities. Given those 2 companies spend more on marketing their products than other manufacturers it's easier to recommend their phones as a carrier. They did half the job for you.
+5   

2 weeks ago '08        #4
ExNihilo 
space
space
 LYTE said

I remember the black market app stores for Windows and Blackberry. Never even tried looking for the ones for Palm
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
antisocial100 
space
space
Props total: 7256 7 K  Slaps total: 2211 2 K
Ya remember when everyone had different phones, some ppl had the T-Mobile g2 that slides up, ppl had sidekicks, some had that sh*t TI. Had when he was doing ti vs tip album, some hAd the razors, Motorola. When did the cellphone market turn into a 2 horse race
+7   

2 weeks ago '09        #6
LOONATIK 
space
space
Props total: 11469 11 K  Slaps total: 1746 1 K
The Pixel will get there eventually, it takes time these other n*ggas been out for mad long already lol. Google is stock Android, idk why anybody picks Samsung over the Pixel besides familiarity with Samsung lol.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #7
Hit Em' Up 
space
space
space
Props total: 5363 5 K  Slaps total: 908 908
 LYTE said

It's never too late. Once something starts to gain traction and a big enough community, it'll grow. Google made a great choice by keeping Android open source so any manufacturer can use/modify it. Opened the door for companies like LG, Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, etc to grab a chunk of that market. And you got developers making custom roms for people who like to fu*k around with their devices. Instead of it being Google vs Apple now it's Android vs iOS and Android has many big companies behind it.

Windows really missed the boat on locking down phones for businesses like they did with computers. They really fu*ked up on that opportunity.

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 01-04-2020 at 06:42 PM..
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '08        #8
flav 
space
space
Props total: 10544 10 K  Slaps total: 2786 2 K
gotta give it to Sammy for really staying consistent and sticking with the Galaxy Flaghsip throughout all these years, they've established an empire at this point

still remember my "Sprint Epic 4g Plus" which was the Galaxy 1 with a slde-out keyboard. The AMOLED display and the Camera recording with smooth frames at low-light, the high clock CPU and the powerful GPU? The device was wayyy ahead of its time

yeah I knew HTC was gonna be hurt soon after.
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #9
Acknowledge 
space
space
Props total: 3017 3 K  Slaps total: 273 273
[quote=antisocial100;51619138]Ya remember when everyone had different phones, some ppl had the T-Mobile g2 that slides up, ppl had sidekicks, some had that sh*t TI. Had when he was doing ti vs tip album, some hAd the razors, Motorola. When did the cellphone market turn into a 2 horse race[/quote]

When dumb phones see a solid modern return thanks to the Digital Minimalism movement. We will start seeing this again.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
LYTE  OP
space
space
space
 flav said
gotta give it to Sammy for really staying consistent and sticking with the Galaxy Flaghsip throughout all these years, they've established an empire at this point

still remember my "Sprint Epic 4g Plus" which was the Galaxy 1 with a slde-out keyboard. The AMOLED display and the Camera recording with smooth frames at low-light, the high clock CPU and the powerful GPU? The device was wayyy ahead of its time

yeah I knew HTC was gonna be hurt soon after.
Epic, Vibrant, Fascinate & Captivate 1 for each of the major phone companies at the time.

i had the htc evo and my honey had the epic. i thought that epic was fly tho.

2 weeks ago '06        #11
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 73677 73 K  Slaps total: 3998 3 K
i know quite a few people that legit think that the ONLY smartphones that exist are Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxy Phones. Nothing else.
+10   

2 weeks ago '09        #12
jasperfect 
space
space
Props total: 1706 1 K  Slaps total: 362 362
 LOONATIK said
The Pixel will get there eventually, it takes time these other n*ggas been out for mad long already lol. Google is stock Android, idk why anybody picks Samsung over the Pixel besides familiarity with Samsung lol.
I like stock Android but Samsung does have some features that stock Android doesn't have. Have to take the good with the bad
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #13
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9233 9 K  Slaps total: 1165 1 K
 antisocial100 said
Ya remember when everyone had different phones, some ppl had the T-Mobile g2 that slides up, ppl had sidekicks, some had that sh*t TI. Had when he was doing ti vs tip album, some hAd the razors, Motorola. When did the cellphone market turn into a 2 horse race
When phone companies start getting their operating systems on par with apples and samsung. Samsung to me was lacking but now they are neck and neck with apple in terms of user experience.

2 weeks ago '18        #14
Raymon 
space
space
space
Props total: 188 188  Slaps total: 17 17
I always thought HTC was going to be one of the top ones but they fell hard af the HTC diamond with Windows gave me that hope. Samsung really went hard and did everything they could to be ontop
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #15
Epitome 
space
space
Props total: 3056 3 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
I was apart of HTC an them windows phones back in the day then HTC dabbled in Android an I never looked back then I got my first Samsung phone....it was no looking. back
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
Aesop730 
space
space
Props total: 11825 11 K  Slaps total: 1523 1 K
Used to be just Motorola and Nokia. Then Nextel came along, blackberry etc but they offered fresh new amazing technology. Chirp chirp where you at? Lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #17
McGirt876  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6511 6 K  Slaps total: 554 554
Blame blackberry.... They let these fu*kers come in and yank all that market divvy before n*ggas could send a ping to warn each other.
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #18
ExNihilo 
space
space
 Hit Em' Up said
Windows really missed the boat on locking down phones for businesses like they did with computers. They really fu*ked up on that opportunity.
Facts.

Initially Windows had a great black market app store. You could even install Windows Desktop programs if you knew how (but it would k*ll RAM). IMO it was never really locked down as much as it wasn't convenient to use as Android or iOS.

Early Windows phones were made for professionals and lacked simplicity, so I understand what you mean for most consumers.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
LYTE  OP
space
space
space
 LOONATIK said
for me, lack of SD. I would most definitely get a Pixel if they had an SD slot

Raymon said
I always thought HTC was going to be one of the top ones but they fell hard af the HTC diamond with Windows gave me that hope. Samsung really went hard and did everything they could to be ontop
htc phones were fire
diamon
touch pro etc.
however they're batteries were sh*t

ExNihilo said
Facts.

Initially Windows had a great black market app store. You could even install Windows Desktop programs if you knew how (but it would k*ll RAM). IMO it was never really locked down as much as it wasn't convenient to use as Android or iOS.

Early Windows phones were made for professionals and lacked simplicity, so I understand what you mean for most consumers.
that HTC HD 7 came with Windows OS but had the ability to be loaded in Android. that was fly
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #20
Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 8926 8 K  Slaps total: 1343 1 K
 LOONATIK said
Will get where? Google won't catch Samsung in your lifetime.

And people pick Samsung because their hardware and design is leagues above anything Google can do. Only tech nerds care about "stock" updates, especially when Samsung has most stock "features" before the Pixel line. If people cared about stock updates, Google would have more than a measly 2% of the market.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #21
Raymon 
space
space
space
Props total: 188 188  Slaps total: 17 17
 LYTE said
for me, lack of SD. I would most definitely get a Pixel if they had an SD slot

htc phones were fire
diamon
touch pro etc.
however they're batteries were sh*t

that HTC HD 7 came with Windows OS but had the ability to be loaded in Android. that was fly

The HTC diamond was the first phone I ever had that came with an extra battery and died after 4hrs

I'm not sure if HTC tried to come out with better phones too late or people never caught on with the brand something happened to Sony, such a big brand but people didt pay no mind to them
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
nxtiq 
space
space
Props total: 2986 2 K  Slaps total: 329 329
n*ggas in here acting like they never seen a OnePlus
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #23
iamsweets 
space
space
Props total: 8413 8 K  Slaps total: 744 744
 nxtiq said
n*ggas in here acting like they never seen a OnePlus
propped from my 7 pro
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #24
theking08 
space
space
Props total: 758 758  Slaps total: 81 81
What would ya'll recommend RIGHT NOW between a Galaxy Note 9 or a OnePlus 7 Pro/ OnePlus 7T ???

I need a new Android back up to my iPhone.

2 weeks ago '16        #25
GoCop 
space
space
Props total: 1081 1 K  Slaps total: 199 199
OnePlus gang

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  24
Power tv shooter got leaked
366 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+24online now  14
Rick Barry : to say Michael Jordan is better than Wilt or anyone is ludicr..
148 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-23online now  13
women are bullying russy simmons :(
195 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-48online now  7
REAL OR FAKE NEWS? Woman in OTF Dede's cam video killed!
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy