Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
347 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GAME in baltimore telling chino and meeky mouse to hold this L
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlotte PD To Release (Some) Keith Scott Videos, Blame Stop On Weed Now
220 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
27 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8962 pageviews
120 comments

8 OFF 
space
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 0 0
May 20 - Jin Quits Rapping

According to a statement made by Jin, the Freestyle Fridays champ and Ruff Ryder MC Jin announced yesterday that he's putting his career on hold.

I'd like to say best of luck to Jin, I had the chance to meet him a few times, when he was selling his album and freestyling in front of Fat Beats.
Before you start hating, just keep in mindwhat Jin's accomplished, he might have made bad career moves but you can't say he's a wack MC.
Jin released a song explaining why he's quitting th rap game, check it out in our audio section, in the meantime read Jin's announcement:

'So I'm sort of sitting here pondering a few things.

First off, maybe I should explain the motivation behind the song itself. I wrote "I Quit" because its what the track told me to do. Yes, it sounds sort of odd, but once my ears heard that instrumental, I felt like it was saying to me.."this is the path you must follow.." and then I sort of just let the pen and my heart do the talking. Not my brain. It gives me the the utmost honor to see how some folks are so adamant about me not quiting..or "giving up". Trust me, I am not giving up. Quite a few of you have expressed sentiments such as "you cant give up, you havent even done this or that yet.." Maybe what needs to be focused on is what I have accomplished (which in my heart is a whole lot and I'm damn proud of that) with my time as opposed to what I haven't accomplished yet...Some folks even feel that maybe I'm feeling this way because I feel I've "failed" (record sales, or having to deal with "haters", etc.) That's the farthest from the truth. For what it's worth, I know that the 100,000 (give or take, since some of you went and bought like 5 copies lol) of ya'll that went out and bought T.R.I.H. did it solely because you were supporters of me and my music...and not because the radio or tv brainwashed you into thinking I'm the hottest sh*t out there, being that I was barely on either one.

Nonetheless, I've always said this and I'm sticking by it: I have the illest fans in the world and those of you that have ever met me or interacted with me know I am grateful for each and everyone of you. My goal since I started doing this was no more than to represent for hiphop and represent for my people. Which I will never stop doing, whether I'm in the game or not.

Before I lose my train of thought, I just wanted to clear up some of the misconceptions and rumors. "Jin" is done. No more studio for me. In all reality, it's not like it's a big deal. I'm sure MTV NEWS or BET.com aren't exactly gonna be flashing bulletin boards that say "JIN RETIRES!!!". Hahah. Matter of fact, if some folks were to hear the news they'd probably react like "who gives a sh*t?" or maybe even.. "Jin's retiring?..sh*t, he never even dropped an album!" lol and thats the damn truth. However, for those of you that are true JINatics and some that I even consider my friends, I thought I'd share my decision with ya. Be happy for me.

Hopefully, 10 years from now, when we have more than enough representatives within the entertainment industry in general, people will still trace back and be like.."damn remember 10 years ago, that chinese kid was on BET..the one that signed with the R... he had that Speak Chinese song!" hahah. That puts a smile on my face.

If you really wanna know what I'm looking forward to its this:
[pic - click to view]

www.yofam.net Support that!

*Just a thought* Them 2F2F checks weren't too bad and going to movie premiers was pretty fun. Maybe I should seriously devote myself to an acting career. The oppurtunities are definitely there.

"Jin" has left the building...but the emcee will always be here.

Just remember: I wasn't the first. And I certainly will not be the last.'

[pic - click to view]

http://67.15.86.88/news.php3?id=1088

120 comments for "May 20 - Jin Quits Rapping"

05-20-2005, 07:42 AM         #2
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, maybe he can go find that senorita he was lookin for
 05-20-2005, 07:49 AM         #3
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel ya Jin... When y9ou feel like you get that "calling" you have to go with what you think is best. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Jin tho, somehow...
 05-20-2005, 07:50 AM         #4
Dakid187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i still don't know why hes quitin fu*kin pu**y i know cats that been on the grind sicne day 1 n he most not be built lik dat or don't love hip hop
 05-20-2005, 07:54 AM         #5
NickNic3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jin accomplished one thing...freestyle friday and that has turned out to be a joke cause aint no one that won that sh*t doing anything important right now...u better off watchin makin da band and maybe u ll get a couple artists outta all that worth listening to ...once
 11 years ago '04        #6
KillaGram 
space
space
$301 | Props total: 4 4
I aint mad at him, not saying i would of took the same route but he being a grown man about it and I respect him for it.
 11 years ago '04        #7
N - Titty 
space
space
$4,527 | Props total: 0 0
damnnn

Last edited by N - Titty; 05-20-2005 at 08:06 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #8
Raziel 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,575 | Props total: 264 264
if its tru, no one cares cause homes sucked anyway
 11 years ago '04        #9
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,626 | Props total: 2908 2908
he's a freestyle battler. he belongs in battles n' street corners, not on records.
 11 years ago '05        #10
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,243 | Props total: 12 12
Jin is mad dope, sad day he never had any support from rr and virgin
 05-20-2005, 08:34 AM         #11
Young Millz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:( .......
 05-20-2005, 08:45 AM         #12
|Tech| 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't see how anybody can throw all that studio-time away. But yeah, I think I know what this is all about, if it's true.

That 106 & park sh*t is half of the reason he's not selling that much or getting enough promotion.
 05-20-2005, 08:47 AM         #13
downwitdaking04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only thing jin was really doin was concerts for nopi and sh*t but he can spit.....career was just a joke and i think ruff rydas wasnt tha best group to sign with
 11 years ago '04        #14
DJ Maximum|M 40 heat pts40
space
space
$40,503 | Props total: 2077 2077
To Be Honest After Listening To His Cd It Wasnt Half Bad

The Just Blaze Track Was Hot

Well Good Luck To Him
 11 years ago '04        #15
Ameen 
space
space
$2,199 | Props total: 0 0
That's a shame...Jin was never the best or my favourite MC but he added a bit of asian flavour into a really dry industry.

He'll be missed.
 11 years ago '05        #16
Instrumentals 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 16 16
damn he will be missed but......*goes watches some of his old 106 and park battles*
 11 years ago '04        #17
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,257 | Props total: 10 10
his battles are hot, he embarassed verse on the smack w/ em w/ the gun in his mouth

never really liked him on songs tho
 05-20-2005, 10:32 AM         #18
PlaYaOfDaGaMe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One-O-One said:
he's a freestyle battler. he belongs in battles n' street corners, not on records.

co-signs...he's an ill freestyle battler...
 05-20-2005, 10:39 AM         #19
Killa #4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he shouldn't have signed to ruff ryders
by the time they put his album out
the buzz from 106 had died oh well
 11 years ago '04        #20
Born_Loser|M 67 heat pts67
space
space
$39,521 | Props total: 1211 1211
just proves one thing, if u can battle don't mean u can drop a decent album...and winning Freestyle Friday don't even mean nothing, they put anybody up in that sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
132 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, Iím gonna stop being polite and start gett..
84 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
128 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Loaded Gun With Scottís Fingerprints Found on Charlotte Shooting Scen..
221 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #NARCOS Tata Escobar played by Paulina Gaitan
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Disconnect for Free
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Stephen Hawking Just Issued a Chilling Warning to Scientists Searchin..
175 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy