Dec 14 - Democrat Collin Peterson says he won’t vote for impeachment

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '17        #1
1322 page views
61 comments

Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 14014 14 K  Slaps total: 7660 7 K
Dec 14 - Democrat Collin Peterson says he won’t vote for impeachment

LITCHFIELD — Barring new information that could convince him otherwise, Rep. Collin Peterson said Saturday he will vote against impeaching President Donald Trump when the issue comes for a vote Wednesday in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Peterson said he expects four or five other Democrats will do the same. Last week, Democrat Angie Craig, who last year won Minnesota’s suburban Second Congressional District that Trump carried in 2016, said she remains undecided on impeachment

Peterson, who represents Minnesota’s Seventh Congressional District on the western side of the state, made the comments while attending the annual meeting of the First District a*sociation, a dairy cooperative in Litchfield.

Peterson said he normally doesn’t make a decision until an issue — and all the information — is on the floor for a vote but said “unless they come up with something between now and Wednesday,” he will not support the articles of impeachment.

“Maybe something will change. I doubt it,” he said.

Peterson said Trump “has not committed a crime” and most people in the Seventh District don’t think the U.S. should provide foreign aid, so they are not troubled at all if Trump withheld funds to Ukraine. Peterson also said the case against Trump only includes “second-hand” information about Trump’s questionable phone call with the president of Ukraine.

In that July 25 call, Trump is accused of abusing his presidential power by asking Ukraine to investigate his 2020 rival Joe Biden while holding military aid as leverage; that’s the first of two articles of impeachment that the House Judiciary Committee approved on Friday. The second article accuses Trump of obstructing Congress by blocking the House’s efforts to probe his actions.

‘Why are we doing this’
Peterson was one of two House Democrats to initially vote against moving forward with the impeachment inquiry. The other, New Jersey freshman Jeff Van Drew, reportedly decided Saturday to switch to the Republican Party.

Peterson said the “biggest problem” he has with this impeachment process is that people decided in advance they were going to impeach Trump “and now they’ve spent a year trying to figure out how they can make a case for it. That’s backwards. I just don’t agree with this.”

Peterson said he expects the House will vote to impeach Trump and then it will go to the Senate where he predicts the president will be acquitted.

This is dividing the country for no good reason because he’s not going to be thrown out of office,” he said. “Why are we doing this?”

Peterson said the issue should be settled at the ballot box.

“If people don’t like Trump, they can vote against him,” he said.

Dairy economics “improving”
On the topic of agriculture, Peterson told the dairy producers at the meeting that for the first time in many years the economics in the dairy industry is improving.

Despite many dairy farmers retiring and leaving the business, Peterson said now is a perfect time for young farmers to get into the business.

He said the new farm bill’s safety net, the positive markets, available credit, cheap dairy cattle and the availability of empty dairy barns that could be leased or purchased make it a good time for young people to start dairy farming.
“I’m optimistic and I hope we can encourage people to get into the business,” he said. “We’ve got a pretty decent safety net for smaller producers.”

Peterson is not so optimistic about the rest of agriculture.

“I’m worried about it,” he said. “I’m hearing from bankers and Farm Credit, they’re worried about financing people next year.”

The devastating sugar beet crop this year dealt a tough blow to the ag economy, he said. “It’s not good.”

Peterson said he’s dubious of the $50 billion in ag sales touted by the Trump administration as a result of a new trade agreement with China.

“I’d be surprised,” he said. “I hope it’s true. Maybe it’ll turn these prices around, but I’m skeptical.”

Peterson said the $28 billion in facilitation payments that went to farmers to ease the burden of the trade war did some good but would’ve been put to better use by improving the last farm bill. He also said those payments could end up causing a “backlash” against agriculture by the general public.

Another term?
Peterson has not announced whether he will seek another term.

If he decides to run in 2020 he said he would have to run again in the following election because the ag committee, which he is currently the chairman of, would be in the middle of writing the next farm bill.

“It’s a two-term commitment,” he said. “I feel like if I run this next time that means I have to run one more time. So I’m looking at two elections and by that time I’ll be 80 years old. So I’ve got to decide, do I want to do that,” he said.

Peterson predicted that if he doesn’t run, or is not re-elected, the person replacing him would likely not be on the house ag committee, which would reduce the voice of Minnesota farmers. Given that, he said, it was perplexing that in the last election most farmers voted for Trump and voted for Peterson’s opponent
visit this link https://www.twincities.co .. ith-something/
+9   

best
worst
61 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
quarter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 9765 9 K  Slaps total: 8199 8 K
+5   

1 month ago '10        #3
Frasier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13273 13 K  Slaps total: 14391 14 K

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '11        #4
Pakchoy 
space
space
Props total: 66833 66 K  Slaps total: 621 621
Democrats about to jump off a building. There whole party falling apart
+15   

1 month ago '16        #5
OWPE 
space
space
Props total: 19018 19 K  Slaps total: 26441 26 K

Peterson said Trump “has not committed a crime” and most people in the Seventh District don’t think the U.S. should provide foreign aid, so they are not troubled at all if Trump withheld funds to Ukraine. Peterson also said the case against Trump only includes “second-hand” information about Trump’s questionable phone call with the president of Ukraine.

+1   

1 month ago '18        #6
Kim Jong Un 
space
space
Props total: 13101 13 K  Slaps total: 5533 5 K
This is going to be even better than 2016 election

2020 landslide, dems did this to themselves again

+5   

1 month ago '10        #7
DATKIDD121  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 26251 26 K  Slaps total: 10591 10 K
 Kim Jong Un said
This is going to be even better than 2016 election

2020 landslide, dems did this to themselves again

I can't wait for the Trump rollout

This sh*t bout to be fu*kin EPIC

1 month ago '07        #8
MELODY 
space
space
Props total: 8115 8 K  Slaps total: 10428 10 K
"bUT bUt TrUmP ViOlAtED ThE cOnStItuTiOn"

1 month ago '17        #9
yousabitch 
space
space
space
Props total: 8909 8 K  Slaps total: 1755 1 K
 OWPE said

so basically hes just saying he lives in Trump country and is afraid he'll get voted out if he votes yes
+9   

1 month ago '17        #10
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 14014 14 K  Slaps total: 7660 7 K
 yousabi*ch said
so basically hes just saying he lives in Trump country and is afraid he'll get voted out if he votes yes
He just said he doesn't know if he'll run for re-election

1 month ago '17        #11
yousabitch 
space
space
space
Props total: 8909 8 K  Slaps total: 1755 1 K
 Johnnytusanmi said
He just said he doesn't know if he'll run for re-election
ok so theres a chance he is

1 month ago '17        #12
punchlineking 
space
space
space
Props total: 2659 2 K  Slaps total: 553 553
Good for him.....

Will be the kiss of death for his career.

2020 will be a landslide for the dems....

I'm not a liberal
+3   

1 month ago '18        #13
Kim Jong Un 
space
space
Props total: 13101 13 K  Slaps total: 5533 5 K
 punchlineking said
Good for him.....

Will be the kiss of death for his career.

2020 will be a landslide for the dems....

I'm not a liberal

You're delusional if you think any of these dem candidates are winning.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '19        #14
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
space
space
Props total: 41295 41 K  Slaps total: 29531 29 K

1 month ago '13        #15
Facts B 
space
space
Props total: 18614 18 K  Slaps total: 2464 2 K
He is speaking facts tho. Yes Trump is an imbecile but the Dems have been working on a way to impeach him since Hillary lost.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #16
AllWins 
space
space
Props total: 11853 11 K  Slaps total: 6304 6 K

1 month ago '06        #17
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 26397 26 K  Slaps total: 6461 6 K
This actually just proves Democrats will actually analyze and vote for what the believe like they're supposed to. The Republicans on the other hand prob wont have one person vote for it in the house or Senate. It will show they just vote in their interest as a party as opposed to the American people and how they're supposed to.

The guy broke the law but "at best" its murky and should have some for snd some against in both sides. If they're analyzing and voting how they should it shouldnt be a clean sweep on either side
+2   

1 month ago '04        #18
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 21632 21 K  Slaps total: 2784 2 K
No crimes?

Definitions we've redefined:
-quid pro quo
-bibery
-obstruction
-lying under oath

And a host of other things. IDGAF about any of this because I understand where we're at now. You can blatantly admit something on video or on paper, and just deny it or redefine it. I would rather you just say fu*k you, I did it, which ironically they did but to convince me I'm stupid and I didnt hear,read, or see what I saw is next level trolling. Racism and white supremacy didnt die. It evolved.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #19
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 54567 54 K  Slaps total: 39285 39 K
 DATKIDD121 said
I can't wait for the Trump rollout

This sh*t bout to be fu*kin EPIC
Bruh we about to have a field day in this section. Watch that kissofdeath dude disappear for months again.

1 month ago '17        #20
Silkyfresh 
space
space
space
Props total: 657 657  Slaps total: 178 178
"Peterson said the “biggest problem” he has with this impeachment process is that people decided in advance they were going to impeach Trump “and now they’ve spent a year trying to figure out how they can make a case for it. That’s backwards. I just don’t agree with this.”

The Trump hate is strong, once it gets swatted down in the senate....ooo boy. Dems should get their refund from CNN.
The "Peachmint" pics we been seeing for the last 4 years going to have to be saved for when he wins 2020. Democrats have secured a Republican win at the expense of Joe Biden.

"One often meets their destiny on the road they took to avoid it"

+4   

1 month ago '19        #21
Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20280 20 K  Slaps total: 24673 24 K
But if we can just get a bunch of republicans to vote against their constituents and go against everything they stand for, we can remove trump in the senate!

Boxden is so dumb

+3   

1 month ago '19        #22
space
space
 yousabi*ch said
This is what they have to tell themselves cause the tv hasn’t told them otherwise

They are completely unaware that most people with common sense can see this as desperation political tactics that do nothing but obstruct United States progress

Last edited by Gold Face; 12-15-2019 at 08:06 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '19        #23
space
space
 philly337 said
This actually just proves Democrats will actually analyze and vote for what the believe like they're supposed to. The Republicans on the other hand prob wont have one person vote for it in the house or Senate. It will show they just vote in their interest as a party as opposed to the American people and how they're supposed to.

The guy broke the law but "at best" its murky and should have some for snd some against in both sides. If they're analyzing and voting how they should it shouldnt be a clean sweep on either side
This just proves your bullsh*t narrative doesn’t work on anything but crybaby democrats and you still can’t accept half the population doesn’t agree with you

Last edited by Gold Face; 12-15-2019 at 08:07 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '17        #24
punchlineking 
space
space
space
Props total: 2659 2 K  Slaps total: 553 553
 Facts B said
He is speaking facts tho. Yes Trump is an imbecile but the Dems have been working on a way to impeach him since Hillary lost.
Correction...

He has working on getting himself impeached before his election...

Cohen is in jail now for a crime he committed for Donald Trump

I honestly don't have a problem with maga people

It's just yall act like someone r*ped your mother when he breaks laws and someone holds him accountable...

His action got him here. His words got him here.

You guys think there is some score board being kept on how many times yall "dunk on libs"

What's best for our country is to move on without a thug wanna be dictator in the White House who cant stop committing crimes
+4   

1 month ago '06        #25
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 26397 26 K  Slaps total: 6461 6 K
 Gold Face said
This just proves your bullsh*t narrative doesn’t work on anything but crybaby democrats and you still can’t accept half the population doesn’t agree with you

What you talkin about you broke midget? Anytime there is a 100% vote for one party its bullsh*t politics...that doesnt take a genius to figure out. There were clear laws broken and attorneys across the country agree and have went in front of Congress and said so. Now whether you want to believe it's bad enough to be impeachable is another thing (it's like with Clinton in the house...there was an obvious law broken but there were a few from each side that voted the other way because they didnt feel it was serious enough or they did). When you have a 100% with that many taking a vote they're just voting with their party and its obvious.

I wouldnt expect you to get that...youd have to have an IQ of at least a 3rd grader to understand. Hes still getting impeached dummy. I was just making an obvious observation to look out for.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  51
Video inside Hypergamy and why women cheat.
60 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+59online now  33
Video inside Dope ass scenes from The Wire that people rarely or never talk about.
125 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+19online now  28
Image(s) inside Actor that plays tariq on power received over 326 death threats..50 se..
76 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+43online now  14
Video inside Scene from Snowfall: “Brick by Brick” ... Wow
54 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy