Scientists Found the Deepest Land on Earth Hiding Beneath Antarctica's Ice

most viewed right now
+39  116
156 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

1 month ago '19        #1
9489 page views
197 comments

Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 9282 9 K  Slaps total: 12891 12 K
Scientists Found the Deepest Land on Earth Hiding Beneath Antarctica's Ice

A new map of the mountains, valleys and canyons hidden under Antarctica's ice has revealed the deepest land on Earth, and will help forecast future ice loss.

The frozen southern continent can look pretty flat and featureless from above. But beneath the ice pack that's accumulated over the eons, there's an ancient continent, as textured as any other. And that texture turns out to be very important for predicting how and when ice will flow and which regions of ice are most vulnerable in a warming world. The new NASA map, called BedMachine Antarctica, mixes ice movement measurements, seismic measurements, radar and other data points to create the most detailed picture yet of Antarctica's hidden features.

"Using BedMachine to zoom into particular sectors of Antarctica, you find essential details, such as bumps and hollows beneath the ice that may accelerate, slow down or even stop the retreat of glaciers," Mathieu Morlighem, an Earth system scientist at the University of California, Irvine and the lead author of a new paper about the map, said in a statement.

The new map, published Dec. 12 in the journal Nature Geoscience, reveals previously unknown topographical features that shape ice flow on the frozen continent.

The previously unknown features have "major implications for glacier response to climate change," the authors wrote. "For example, glaciers flowing across the Transantarctic Mountains are protected by broad, stabilizing ridges."

Understanding how ice flows in Antarctica becomes increasingly important as Earth warms. If all of Antarctica's ice were to melt, it would raise global sea levels by 200 feet (60 meters), according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center. That isn't likely anytime soon, but even if small fractions of the continent were to melt, it would have devastating global effects.

Included in the data is evidence for the deepest canyon on planet Earth. By studying how much ice flows through a particular, narrow region known as the Denman trough each year, the researchers realized it must dive at least 11,000 feet (3,500 meters) below sea level to accommodate all the frozen water volume. That's far deeper than the Dead Sea, the lowest exposed region of land, which sits 432 meters (1,419 feet) below sea level, according to the Israel Oceanographic and Limnological Research center.

The map offers a wealth of new information on precisely which regions of the continent's ice are at most risk of sliding into the ocean in the coming decades and centuries, the authors wrote.

visit this link https://www.livescience.c .. te-change.html
+30   

best
worst
197 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
HardHittinNB83 
space
space
space
Props total: 475 475  Slaps total: 162 162
They hiding some sh*t is it flat earth? I doubt it but is it round? hell nah. they lied about everything , fk this beast matrix system .... guard ur energy these creatures feasting on negative energy . Don’t let them control ur emotions ...
+64   

1 month ago '10        #3
chorizoburger 
space
space
Props total: 3343 3 K  Slaps total: 1191 1 K
 HardHittinNB83 said
They hiding some sh*t is it flat earth? I doubt it but is it round? hell nah. they lied about everything , fk this beast matrix system .... guard ur energy these creatures feasting on negative energy . Donít let them control ur emotions ...
+47   

1 month ago '19        #4
HardHittinNB83 
space
space
space
 chorizoburger said

science is Sci Fi and we have God inside us all, religion is fake like dinosaurs and space

Last edited by HardHittinNB83; 12-14-2019 at 04:34 AM..

1 month ago '17        #5
Confidential 
space
space
space
Props total: 21903 21 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
 HardHittinNB83 said
Yeah i had to drop some truth my bad lol science is Sci Fi and we have God inside us all religion is fake like dinosaurs and space

+13   

1 month ago '19        #6
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
space
space
Props total: 40049 40 K  Slaps total: 28523 28 K

+12   

1 month ago '16        #7
B86 
space
space
space
Props total: 10659 10 K  Slaps total: 2357 2 K
 HardHittinNB83 said
They hiding some sh*t is it flat earth? I doubt it but is it round? hell nah. they lied about everything , fk this beast matrix system .... guard ur energy these creatures feasting on negative energy . Don’t let them control ur emotions ...
I'm convinced that everything we were taught in school is a lie. I feel like humans have no concrete evidence of anything and we are just making up sh*t as we go...I truly don't believe anything I hear anymore and it's kinda depressing
+92   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '18        #8
danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 10843 10 K  Slaps total: 11983 11 K
 HardHittinNB83 said
They hiding some sh*t is it flat earth? I doubt it but is it round? hell nah. they lied about everything , fk this beast matrix system .... guard ur energy these creatures feasting on negative energy . Donít let them control ur emotions ...
It ain't round for sure. At best it's oblong shaped. Even that corny a*s dude Neil DeFag Tyson says that.
+12   

1 month ago '05        #9
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 43968 43 K  Slaps total: 6644 6 K
It's the lost city of Atlantis

+23   

1 month ago '19        #10
HardHittinNB83 
space
space
space
 B86 said
I'm convinced that everything we were taught in school is a lie. I feel like humans have no concrete evidence of anything and we are just making up sh*t as we go...I truly don't believe anything I hear anymore and it's kinda depressing

Yup before this reality script was more believable with moon landing n basic technology, now what this machine like thing prints out is such bullsh*t that i finally see it, waking up i felt like yes i get it but same time like i jus lost, bcuz so many people will never wake up, like the beginning of matrix , i feel like Roddy Roddy piper in THEY LIVE lol but look at now its all about mars and billions and billions of light years and earth been here for billions of years yeah fkin right, when Musk sent the tesla car to mars should of woke up millions, dude said he sent a basic car to mars lol tires never blew up or nothing, u can see glitches in earth behind the car, so many red flags, the mars rover is a fkin joke to, first thing we get handed is a fkin globe lol im not trusting these scum, they laughing at us behind closed doors, christmas is evil , never even says jesus Bday in bible or anything, Christopher Columbus r u kidding, alot of these celebs that we look up to are sellouts in this system, everything is CGI and above us is a huge green screen , they merging technology and reality, Gematria is reading the codes from this matrix script reality, Quantum of Conscience u guys need in ur life when u have time to listen n sh*t will all make sense 100%

Last edited by HardHittinNB83; 12-14-2019 at 01:51 AM..
+23   

1 month ago '10        #11
KJHARDY 
space
space
Props total: 20725 20 K  Slaps total: 2784 2 K
 Micheal C. Will said
It's the lost city of Atlantis

[spoiler - click to view]

+13   

1 month ago '17        #12
LIL SOULJA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 1907 1 K  Slaps total: 551 551
From admiral birds speech “there’s a hole on the middle of the North Pole” dude brought a whole fleet with him with 20+ navy fleet ships... look it up. Somethings out there that we don’t know

Last edited by LIL SOULJA; 12-14-2019 at 02:03 AM..
+34   

1 month ago '05        #13
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 43968 43 K  Slaps total: 6644 6 K
 KJHARDY said

Oh really, we deciding where "fictional" cities were located

My post was a joke though,

+10   

1 month ago '19        #14
HardHittinNB83 
space
space
space
 LIL SOULJA said
From admiral birds speech ďthereís a whole on the middle of the North PoleĒ dude brought a whole fleet with him with 20+ navy fleet ships... look it up. Somethings out there that we donít know
Yup heard that speech before and had me entertained but than i found out he was a freemason so we cant take his word for it
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '14        #15
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 101708 101 K  Slaps total: 24807 24 K
im more worried about sea levels raising 200 feet if this thing melts , than what shape the earth is

but i think this is a good image , its shaped like a pear

1 month ago '16        #16
301216baller 
space
space
space
Props total: 2773 2 K  Slaps total: 319 319
 LIL SOULJA said
From admiral birds speech ďthereís a whole on the middle of the North PoleĒ dude brought a whole fleet with him with 20+ navy fleet ships... look it up. Somethings out there that we donít know
the first thing I thought of when I read the article
+7   

1 month ago '10        #17
KJHARDY 
space
space
Props total: 20725 20 K  Slaps total: 2784 2 K
 Micheal C. Will said
Oh really, we deciding where "fictional" cities were located

My post was a joke though,

There's an interesting conspiracy on it. They say the Eye of the Sahara is where a city used to be.

It has a bunch of dried rivers leading to the Atlantic.

Last edited by KJHARDY; 12-14-2019 at 03:24 PM..
+19   

1 month ago '17        #18
LIL SOULJA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 1907 1 K  Slaps total: 551 551
 HardHittinNB83 said
Yup heard that speech before and had me entertained but than i found out he was a freemason so we cant take his word for it
There was footage tho
+4   

1 month ago '15        #19
Shifty 
space
space
space
Props total: 7259 7 K  Slaps total: 1329 1 K
I feel like these findings are years old, and they're slowing rolling it out to us. It's never on a regular day, it just all seems calculated.

They never present it as huge discoveries either, they just toss it out like there's a bunch of other sh*t they're hiding lol.
+19   

1 month ago '17        #20
TheLastNonEarth 
space
space
Props total: 64978 64 K  Slaps total: 6996 6 K

+21   

1 month ago '14        #21
baskeeyacht 
space
space
Props total: 22148 22 K  Slaps total: 3900 3 K
Lmao u stupid fu*ks “flat earth” is a psyop used to discredit real “conspiracy” theories
+17   

1 month ago '19        #22
beamjawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1943 1 K  Slaps total: 1292 1 K
 Shifty said
I feel like these findings are years old, and they're slowing rolling it out to us. It's never on a regular day, it just all seems calculated.

They never present it as huge discoveries either, they just toss it out like there's a bunch of other sh*t they're hiding lol.
Exactly. Which is why we shouldn't listen to government and raid them for their secrets
+5   

1 month ago '16        #23
kamal1978 
space
space
space
Props total: 1423 1 K  Slaps total: 580 580
When global warming hits and all the ice melts, I'm calling dips on sum ocean front property in Antarctica lol
+9   

1 month ago '17        #24
TheLastNonEarth 
space
space
Props total: 64978 64 K  Slaps total: 6996 6 K
 Shifty said

+5   

1 month ago '09        #25
Puppet Master  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 39086 39 K  Slaps total: 13208 13 K
 HardHittinNB83 said
Yeah i had to drop some truth my bad lol science is Sci Fi and we have God inside us all religion is fake like dinosaurs and space
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  135
Lil Durk's Artist OTF DEDE Gets Violated on Cam!
332 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  37
:yikes: chicago weed prices....
114 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  31
Image(s) inside Jan 17 - Man finds $43,000 in cash inside couch... guess what room Iím..
60 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+87online now  22
Image(s) inside Eminem -Music To Be Murdered By (Official Discussion THREAD)
997 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy