Dec 12 - STOCK MARKET breaks ALL TIME RECORD.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 months ago '19        #1
4726 page views
165 comments

Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20288 20 K  Slaps total: 24690 24 K
Dec 12 - STOCK MARKET breaks ALL TIME RECORD.

Stocks jumped to all-time highs on Thursday after President Donald Trump said China and the U.S. were zeroing in on a trade deal, lifting hope that an agreement will be reached before a key deadline.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded 88 points higher, or 0.3%. The S&P 500 also gained 0.4% while the Nasdaq Composite traded 0.1% higher. Thursday marked the first time since Nov. 27 that stocks hit record highs.

At their session highs, the major averages were all up at least 1%. Equities gave back most of their gains by midday in New York amid lingering skepticism that a deal would go through.

Trump said in a tweet both sides were getting "VERY close to a BIG DEAL with China. They want it, and so do we!"

Dow Jones later reported U.S. negotiators are offering to cancel new China tariffs and reduce existing levies on Chinese goods by up to 50% on $360 billion worth of imports. However, the report also said the original tariffs would be reimposed if China fails to carry out its end of the deal. CNBC confirmed the report's details.

Trump's tweet and the latest Dow Jones report come after Reuters reported that Trump was meeting with his top trade officials on Thursday ahead of a Sunday trade deadline. If an agreement is not reached by then, additional U.S. levies on Chinese products will take effect.

Reports from Bloomberg News and The Wall Street Journal suggested earlier in the week that the U.S. could delay those additional tariffs. However, National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow said Tuesday the charges were "still on the table."

President Donald Trump takes part in a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on November 19, 2019.
Mandel Ngan | AFP | Getty Images
Caterpillar shares jumped 1% on Thursday while Micron Technology advanced 2.8%. The VanEck Vectors Semiconductor ETF (SMH) and the iShares PHLX Semiconductor ETF (SOXX) both rose more than 1.5% and hit all-time highs.

Bank stocks also got a lift as Treasury yields rose. The SPDR S&P Bank ETF (KBE) rose 2% and hit a 52-week high. J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup all traded at least 1.9% higher. The benchmark 10-year Treasury yield advanced to 1.878% while the 2-year rate traded at 1.654%.

Stocks started December on the wrong foot as worries around U.S.-China trade relations increased. In the first two sessions of the month, the Dow lost more than 500 points.

The world's two largest economies have imposed tariffs on billions of dollars' worth of one another's goods since the start of 2018, battering financial markets and souring business and consumer sentiment.

Still, the major averages are up sharply for the year. The S&P 500 and Dow have jumped 25.9% and 20%, respectively, year to date. The Nasdaq is up around 30%.

Next year, however, should be tougher on Wall Street, CalSTRS CIO Christopher Ailman said.

"It will be choppy," Ailman told CNBC's Brian Sullivan in an interview that aired Thursday. "This is going to be another election year. Remember 2016? That was a really hard year where the market slugged it out to generate a positive return. We may have that kind of year because of all the rhetoric we're going to hear."

Jobless claims hit more than 2-year high

Weekly jobless claims jumped last week by 49,000 to 252,000, the Labor Department said. That is their highest level since the week that ended Sept. 30, 2017.

The data comes after the Federal Reserve held interest rates steady on Wednesday. The central bank also indicated it would likely not make any policy changes through at least 2020. The U.S. central bank's decision to keep borrowing costs unchanged was unanimous, following several dissents in recent meetings.

"This is as hardened a 'wait and see' stance as we have seen in many years, and is particularly striking since so many of the crucial macro issues are yet to be resolved," Michael Shaoul, chairman and CEO of Marketfield a*set Management, said in a note.

The market does not agree with impeachment

Last edited by Gold Face; 12-12-2019 at 11:42 AM..
+7   

best
worst
165 comments

2 months ago '09        #2
NcAlien 
space
space
Props total: 2982 2 K  Slaps total: 236 236
I can't stand for anything he stands for or represents but the market happens to be doing well.

Unfortunately the bigger they are...
The harder they fall.

I have slowly been backing out of the market to mitigate risk it's almost too good to be true. I think the student debt crisis will really come to light soon.
+23   

2 months ago '19        #3
Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
 NcAlien said
I can't stand for anything he stands for or represents but the market happens to be doing well.

Unfortunately the bigger they are...
The harder they fall.

I have slowly been backing out of the market to mitigate risk it's almost too good to be true. I think the student debt crisis will really come to light soon.
You canít stand for a free trade market?

Putting America first and bi*ch slapping China

Sounds terrible.
+22   

2 months ago '17        #4
Jdog168 
space
space
Props total: 8908 8 K  Slaps total: 219 219
The stock market is not the economy. Just because stocks are up doesn’t mean everyday people are doing better.

“The stock market is a market where stocks, a type of investment that represents ownership in a company are traded,” said Jessica Schieder, a federal tax policy fellow at the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

“The stock market is where people make bets on what’s going to happen in the economy.”

+51   

2 months ago '19        #5
space
space
 Jdog168 said
The stock market is not the economy

“The stock market is a market where stocks, a type of investment that represents ownership in a company are traded,” said Jessica Schieder, a federal tax policy fellow at the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

“The stock market is where people make bets on what’s going to happen in the economy.”

Spoken like a cry baby

But it’s a reflection of business in America

And right now America has more money invested in its businesses then in the history of America

All cause Americans wanna put America first unlike you commies

2 months ago '17        #6
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 14014 14 K  Slaps total: 7660 7 K
 Jdog168 said

Here you go

2 months ago '06        #7
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 26579 26 K  Slaps total: 6478 6 K
A retard who think hes understands the stock market posting sh*t like this again

Was at all time high we he entered so any increase will be all time high
+18   

2 months ago '18        #8
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
Props total: 23886 23 K  Slaps total: 2325 2 K
How could the stock market be down? Low interest rates, lower regulations, immense investing by world banks, how people equate this to real americans I dont understand. It is propped up by policies enacted by this regime, but its not sustainable, cant cut interest rates lower, cant offer more credit as people are getting tapped out, homes are unaffordable, wages are stagnant, people cant even afford cars.

But yeah this is a reflection of the US's prosperity. I am so tired of the local idiot claiming prosperity most americans dont own stocks.

+38   

2 months ago '17        #9
Jdog168 
space
space
Props total: 8908 8 K  Slaps total: 219 219
 Johnnytusanmi said
Here you go
What does this have to do with the stock market and the economy? Did you even read the article? Most Americans donít own stock or see any benefits from them. And last I checked rest estate isnít a stock.

Rising real estate prices helped drive U.S. household wealth to $113.8 trillion in the July through October period, a report by the Federal Reserve showed on Thursday.
+8   

2 months ago '19        #10
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
How could the stock market be down? Low interest rates, lower regulations, immense investing by world banks, how people equate this to real americans I dont understand. It is propped up by policies enacted by this regime, but its not sustainable, cant cut interest rates lower, cant offer more credit as people are getting tapped out, homes are unaffordable, wages are stagnant, people cant even afford cars.

But yeah this is a reflection of the US's prosperity. I am so tired of the local idiot claiming prosperity most americans dont own stocks.

Maybe they should have aspired to invest in the stock market after all those positive things you named

If the stock market by your words is infallible. Why doesn’t everyone invest

You know you don’t need a lot to
Invest right?

Oooo that’s right you are making excuses for adults again

Most people don’t own stocks gold face! Tax those that do cause they worked hard and made all the right moves!

2 months ago '09        #11
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
space
space
Props total: 152143 152 K  Slaps total: 18968 18 K
 philly337 said
A retard who think hes understands the stock market posting sh*t like this again

Was at all time high we he entered so any increase will be all time high

the fed is printing trillions in corporate welfare in a very deperate attempt to delay the eventual recession. in a "so-called best economy ever" the $4 trillion in wall street corporate welfare would not be printed

that money could be used to wipe out student debt or boost sh*t like any number of vital social programs shm
+18   

2 months ago '17        #12
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 14014 14 K  Slaps total: 7660 7 K
 Jdog168 said
What does this have to do with the stock market and the economy? Did you even read the article? Most Americans don’t own stock or see any benefits from them. And last I checked rest estate isn’t a stock.
It's saying the US household economy is rising

The U.S. economy is experiencing its longest expansion on record and households and households are benefiting from unemployment near a 50-year low.

2 months ago '18        #13
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
 Gold Face said
Maybe they should have aspired to invest in the stock market after all those positive things you named

If the stock market by your words is infallible. Why doesnít everyone invest

You know you donít need a lot to
Invest right?

Oooo thatís right you are making excuses for adults again

Most people donít own stocks gold face! Tax those that do cause they worked hard and made all the right moves!
LOL bro I have over 200k of my own money in the stock market not including my 401k. I know you think we are all idiots who just hate Trump. There are ton of people here who have money and dont need to fu*k over the rest of their fellow citizens to get ahead. But you dont see that and this conversation is pointless like literally a waste of time.
+21   

2 months ago '19        #14
space
space
 messy marv stan said
the fed is printing trillions in corporate welfare in a very deperate attempt to delay the eventual recession. in a "so-called best economy ever" the $4 trillion in wall street corporate welfare would not be printed

that money could be used to wipe out student debt or boost sh*t like any number of vital social programs shm
Wipe out student debt

Lmao y’all wanna tax rich people to fund your pipe dreams in the name of morality

Last edited by Gold Face; 12-12-2019 at 12:09 PM..

2 months ago '19        #15
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
LOL bro I have over 200k of my own money in the stock market not including my 401k. I know you think we are all idiots who just hate Trump. There are ton of people here who have money and dont need to fu*k over the rest of their fellow citizens to get ahead. But you dont see that and this conversation is pointless like literally a waste of time.
No you donít

Iíve seen your posts

You couldnít cut it

2 months ago '18        #16
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
 Gold Face said
No you donít

Iíve seen your posts

You couldnít cut it

Bro you need to go back and make your 500 bucks a month.

2 months ago '19        #17
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said

Your a fraud

200k in the market and actively cheering against it

You a damn fraud

2 months ago '17        #18
Ymmot 
space
space
space
Props total: 42220 42 K  Slaps total: 8819 8 K
 DUCEDUCE said

Penny stock day trader @ is trying to tell people about the stock market.

This kid is dumb as fu*k. People have money, but we should all aspire to look out for the millions of struggling families and fellow Americans who haven't done any better under Obama or trump.
+10   

2 months ago '18        #19
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
 Gold Face said
Your a fraud

200k in the market and actively cheering against it

You a damn fraud
You such a stock market guru post your statements
+4   

2 months ago '19        #20
space
space
 Ymmot said
Penny stock day trader @ is trying to tell people about the stock market.

This kid is dumb as fu*k. People have money, but we should all aspire to look out for the millions of struggling families and fellow Americans who haven't done any better under Obama or trump.
I’m a man.

As a man I look out for my household

Not yours

I’m trying to save for my great grandchildren and you wanna tax me to pay for people who don’t work a tenth as hard

2 months ago '17        #21
Ymmot 
space
space
space
Props total: 42220 42 K  Slaps total: 8819 8 K
 Gold Face said
Iím a man.

Not yours

Iím trying to save for my great grandchildren and you wanna tax me to pay for people who donít work a tenth as hard

You are anything but a man.
+7   

2 months ago '07        #22
240ka 
space
space
Props total: 13458 13 K  Slaps total: 3751 3 K
 Gold Face said
Iím a man.

Not yours

Iím trying to save for my great grandchildren and you wanna tax me to pay for people who donít work a tenth as hard

good luck braiding hair and giving n*ggas finger waves
+5   

2 months ago '19        #23
space
space
 Ymmot said
You are anything but a man.

2 months ago '19        #24
space
space
 240ka said
good luck braiding hair and giving n*ggas finger waves

Your in another dimension

2 months ago '19        #25
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
You such a stock market guru post your statements
I broke down trades for a week straight

It resulted in plus 37 percent

And it’s all documented in the streets of boxden

1 week plus 37 percent

DEAD

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  37
Heartbreaking: Video of Kobe Bryant's Helicopter Crash Site
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-58online now  28
Jan 26 - Unknown Comedian Ari Shaffir disrespects Kobeís death!
252 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
SPOOKY: 2017 Cartoon Prophesizes KOBE BRYANT Helicopter Crash!!!
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
Article inside Chadwick Boseman reportedly unhappy about Marvel's plans for a new Bl..
90 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy