Domain Takeover at Gunpoint Gets Influencer 14 Years in Jail

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-17  91
59 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 month ago '16        #1
2711 page views
47 comments

space
space
Props total: 24111 24 K  Slaps total: 3004 3 K
Domain Takeover at Gunpoint Gets Influencer 14 Years in Jail

Social media influencer Rossi Lorathio Adams II was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for plotting an Internet domain hijacking at gunpoint and an armed home invasion with his cousin Sherman Hopkins, Jr.

The 27-year old Cedar Rapids man also known as "Polo" was convicted in April 2019 after being found guilty of one count of conspiracy to interfere with commerce by force, threats, and violence.

While the consequences are as serious as they come, the entire plot devised by Adams and the way it unfolded — as described in the Department of Justice press release — reminds of a black comedy episode out of the Fargo crime drama TV series.
Do It For State cousin

He founded "State Snaps" in 2015 while at Iowa State University, a social media company operating on several social media platforms, including Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter, with fans that would often use the "Do It For State!" slogan when sharing content.

"At one time, Adams had over a million followers on his social media sites, which mostly contained images and videos of young adults engaged in crude behavior, drunkenness, and nudity," the DoJ press release says.

The slogan used by his followers drove Adams to try and get his hands on the doitforstate.com Internet domain, but the owner refused to sell it even though the Polo threatened him.

"Between 2015 and 2017, Adams repeatedly tried to obtain 'doitforstate.com', but the owner of the domain would not sell it," the DoJ says. "Adams also threatened one of the domain owner’s friends with 'gun emojis' after the friend used the domain to promote concerts."

Given his refusal to transfer the domain, Adams co-opted his homeless cousin Hopkins, a convicted felon, to pressure the domain owner — listed in court documents as E.D. — into giving away the doitforstate.com domain.

Adams drove his cousin the house of the rightful owner of the doitforstate.com domain and supplied him with a demand note that described all the details needed to transfer the domain to Adams' GoDaddy account.

"When Hopkins entered the victim’s home in Cedar Rapids, he was carrying a cellular telephone, a stolen gun, a taser, and he was wearing a hat, pantyhose on his head, and dark sunglasses on his face."

Hopkins proceeded to grab the victim who tried to escape into the attic and dragged him into the office where he had his computer, ordering him to transfer the domain using the instructions from Adams' note.

"The victim asked Hopkins for a mailing address and phone number, because GoDaddy required the transferee’s mailing address and phone number to effectuate the change of ownership of the domain name," the DoJ says in the press release announcing Hopkins' 20-year sentence from June 2018.

Hopkins then pistol-whipped the victim several times and also pulled out a taser, tasing the victim several times in the left arm, back, and neck, attempting to force him into submission.

However, "fearing for his life, the victim quickly turned to move the gun away from his head. The victim then managed to gain control of the gun, but during the struggle, he was shot in the leg," the DoJ release says.

Next, he managed to shoot Hopkins multiple times in the chest, break free and, contact law enforcement.

As previously mentioned, Adams' scheme fell through completely, with him and his cousin both being sentenced to federal prison, the former influencer getting 14 years while his cousin got 20 years for the armed home invasion.

"Adams must also serve a three-year term of supervised release after the prison term. There is no parole in the federal system," the DoJ adds.

Currently, Adams is being held in the United States Marshal’s custody and he waits to be transported to federal prison.

visit this link https://www.bleepingcompu .. years-in-jail/
+15   

best
worst
47 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
False 
space
space
space
Props total: 5589 5 K  Slaps total: 634 634
Clown. That domain name was wack too
+34   

1 month ago '08        #3
I_make_beatz 
space
space
Props total: 1357 1 K  Slaps total: 244 244
Doitforstate.net

Nowdoing14yearsbecauseImstupid.com
+64   

1 month ago '18        #4
TommyD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 7539 7 K  Slaps total: 2862 2 K
You have to f*ght back..in any of these situations..I'm f*ghting..
+2   

1 month ago '07        #5
RubbahBandMayn 
space
space
Props total: 16414 16 K  Slaps total: 1218 1 K

1 month ago '06        #6
new2hiphop 
space
space
space
Props total: 47230 47 K  Slaps total: 3258 3 K
Went from doitforthestate to state property ... you hate to see it
+35   

1 month ago '08        #7
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 56074 56 K  Slaps total: 2947 2 K
What an idiot. There was already a history of him trying to acquire it. Then, when the home invasion happened, transferring the domain left a digital paper trail.

What. A. Moron.

I have zero sympathy for this idiot.
+37   

1 month ago '12        #8
BangEm904 
space
space
Props total: 19367 19 K  Slaps total: 834 834
Dis n*gga beyond stupid....and got his homeless cousin shot up, then da same cousin get more years than him

+38   

1 month ago '08        #9
I_make_beatz 
space
space
Props total: 1357 1 K  Slaps total: 244 244
There should be a degree requirement to be a criminal at least an a*sociate's, this 3 stooges level of dumb. Just go to the precinct and check in for 5 years b4 you do something this stupid.
+13   

1 month ago '05        #10
Ron Swanson 
space
space
Props total: 62714 62 K  Slaps total: 6093 6 K
fu*kin idiot
+3   

1 month ago '04        #11
diamond4981 
space
space
Props total: 1362 1 K  Slaps total: 49 49
so i guess .net or spelling it doit4dastate wouldn't do. well he got 14 yrs to think of a new domain now.
+18   

1 month ago '05        #12
slim_d20 
space
space
Props total: 10081 10 K  Slaps total: 3390 3 K
lmfao this gotta be the funniest sh*t i've read this week. This is high comedy.
+17   

1 month ago '11        #13
Silencer 
space
space
Props total: 8939 8 K  Slaps total: 464 464
Damn and his cousin got shot tf up in the process.
+8   

1 month ago '19        #14
swizzie36 
space
space
space
Props total: 804 804  Slaps total: 78 78
Too many Ls to hand out. At least his cousin isn't homeless anymore.
+12   

1 month ago '17        #15
Confidential 
space
space
space
Props total: 21924 21 K  Slaps total: 1603 1 K

Last edited by Confidential; 12-12-2019 at 09:24 PM..
+10   

1 month ago '15        #16
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 16373 16 K  Slaps total: 1191 1 K
Yo this social media sh*t wild bro.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #17
Chronos 
space
space
Props total: 8710 8 K  Slaps total: 333 333

+10   

1 month ago '14        #18
DavidAames 
space
space
Props total: 13405 13 K  Slaps total: 702 702
Now he’ll get to “doitforstate” literally for 14 joints...
+10   

1 month ago '04        #19
Dash 
space
space
space
Props total: 47071 47 K  Slaps total: 4328 4 K
I re-read this thread title bout foe times before i decided to read this fu*kkery...

Lord
+6   

1 month ago '17        #20
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 54539 54 K  Slaps total: 39274 39 K
Glad he got shot

Dude coming home at 41. What a L
+7   

1 month ago '17        #21
bossflossy 
space
space
space
Props total: 1743 1 K  Slaps total: 212 212
I read another story where the ‘victim’ had bragged to a friend that ‘I’m going to take this guys business’
He and his brother would go on social media and try and see what trends were happening and they also worked at godaddy and if people researched a domain name. They’d buy and then try and force people to give them half their profits.

So this guy was an idiot. But the victim was a scumbag too.
Basically an idiot with a retarded goon ran into a sleaze bag who was trying to scam and extort.
+10   

1 month ago '17        #22
KingBud 
space
space
space
Props total: 4765 4 K  Slaps total: 619 619
Is he still considered a keyboard warrior?
+1   

1 month ago '17        #23
False 
space
space
space
Props total: 5589 5 K  Slaps total: 634 634
 bossflossy said
I read another story where the ‘victim’ had bragged to a friend that ‘I’m going to take this guys business’
He and his brother would go on social media and try and see what trends were happening and they also worked at godaddy and if people researched a domain name. They’d buy and then try and force people to give them half their profits.

So this guy was an idiot. But the victim was a scumbag too.
Basically an idiot with a retarded goon ran into a sleaze bag who was trying to scam and extort.
Damn, real beef.
The victim was the slimiest of snakes, I read somewhere that domain squatting was illegal and the host goes in favor with the business.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #24
Sir Mike 
space
space
Props total: 1550 1 K  Slaps total: 205 205
doinitforthestate.com

doit4thestate.com

wedoitforthestate.com

1 month ago '07        #25
KeithHernandez 
space
space
Props total: 485 485  Slaps total: 33 33
Interesting thought. Wonder what'll happen when street dudes learn just how much money there is to be made in AdWords, and figure out how to navigate the landscape. This dude's a doofus, but goons have always figured out how to muscle their way into a business.

RIP Q, but he couldn't have been the only one existing in both spaces.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  32
Video inside Selena Gomez Gets "Rare" Tattoo Amid Desperation To Beat Roddy Ricch On..
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  18
Video inside Power’s “Who Shot Ghost” Mystery Solved! Killer Revealed + More! [SPOIL..
132 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+34online now  14
Image(s) inside Westside Gunn Droppin’ New Project “Pray For Paris”
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Christian preacher: ‘Demon’ Meghan Markle ‘poisoned’ Royal Family’s bloodline ..
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy