Michelle Williams Admits She Was ‘Not A Favorite’ In Destiny’s Child And It Affected Her

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+215  78
98 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

2 months ago '19        #1
6015 page views
129 comments

blessings  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
space
space
space
Props total: 18561 18 K  Slaps total: 20297 20 K
Michelle Williams Admits She Was ‘Not A Favorite’ In Destiny’s Child And It Affected Her

The singer says the criticism “stuck.”
Published 1 hour ago

Michelle Williams rocked it with confidence in the TV series The Masked Singer, where people had to guess her voice as she sang with a mask. However, in a new interview, she talks about struggling with confidence, especially while she was a member of Destiny’s Child.

Talking to Billboard, the 40-year-old revealed how affected she was in the iconic girl group for not being “mainstream.” Williams said, “I've done a lot of gospel, so I'm kind of insecure because mainstream [fans] don't know my voice. And sometimes social media... it's bad when you read the comments. I like engaging with people on social media. I don't want to not talk to the people that are being gracious all because there are some mean ones out there. But sometimes before you get to the nice ones you have to get through a couple mean ones.”

RELATED: This Video Of Amina Buddafly And Tara Wallace Has ‘Love & Hip Hop’ Fans Speechless

She continued, "Apparently I don't have the most commercially appealing voice or whatever. People have their favorites, but vocally I was not a favorite in the group, and that stuck with me.”

Social media has been particularly hard on Williams. In 2014, #PoorMichelle was trending on social media, which criticized her career with endless memes and tweets. However, Williams famously responded with, "#PoorMichelle that's not what my accountant said!"

visit this link https://www.bet.com/music .. inkId=78720356
+15   

best
worst
129 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
Cartel-Clipz 
space
space
Props total: 60135 60 K  Slaps total: 4123 4 K
it was a wrap for her when she fell

Beyonce and Kelly didn't even help her up

+166   

2 months ago '17        #3
False 
space
space
space
Props total: 5589 5 K  Slaps total: 634 634
 Cartel-Clipz said

Captivating gif, it sums up Beyoncé perfectly she didn’t even blink or miss a step in the sight of less fortunate.

She embodies a mega superstar and would crush anyone who stands in her way of stardom.

Edit: I can only imagine the wrath and mental abuse Beyoncé Unleashed on Michelle behind closed doors for that fu*k up. Rookie mistakes aren’t relatable to the Banshee Queen B.

Last edited by False; 12-10-2019 at 07:55 PM..
+75   

2 months ago '05        #4
bqstudios 
space
space
Props total: 8326 8 K  Slaps total: 1784 1 K
 Syd said
Captivating gif, it sums up Beyoncé perfectly she didn’t even blink or miss a step in the sight of less fortunate.

She embodies a mega superstar and would crush anyone who stands in her way of stardom.
this why i never looked up to any celebs, i like they music but thats it, most are super cuthtroat and will do whatever it takes to make it to the top.
+45   

2 months ago '15        #5
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 20721 20 K  Slaps total: 2080 2 K
shout all the least favorites of the groups, Joey, LDB, Micheal from Boyz II Men, Howie, all the total bi*ches, Marlon Jackson, the chick with the lisp in 3LW, Sporty Spice, Sarah Stokes, Kyjuan, Tony Yayo, Swifty, RIngo Starr, Smush Parker, Vince in the NWO, Donatello, the yellow power ranger.

Your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.
+182   

2 months ago '14        #6
Gotti Pippen 
space
space
Props total: 26380 26 K  Slaps total: 1025 1 K
 Cartel-Clipz said

Kelly hit Michelle with the
+55   

2 months ago '13        #7
North!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 65307 65 K  Slaps total: 7845 7 K
 He Hate Me said
shout all the least favorites of the groups, Joey, LDB, Micheal from Boyz II Men, Howie, all the total bi*ches, Marlon Jackson, the chick with the lisp in 3LW, Sporty Spice, Sarah Stokes, Kyjuan, Tony Yayo, Swifty, RIngo Starr, Smush Parker, Vince in the NWO, Donatello, the yellow power ranger.

lol word

what that sh*t in 3lw up to?

she the only one I don't see out here...
+7   

2 months ago '16        #8
KingJerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14882 14 K  Slaps total: 3076 3 K
I never seen that gif till now lmaoooooooooo

2 months ago '04        #9
zone3cp 
space
space
Props total: 49167 49 K  Slaps total: 5275 5 K
Baggio your your multiple accounts better double as gifts to them kids for Xmas this year. You depressed son of a bi*ch.
+31   

2 months ago '06        #10
Randy Jackson 
space
space
Props total: 1244 1 K  Slaps total: 162 162
She was the ugly ducking of the group
+2   

2 months ago '16        #11
Fastrap87 
space
space
Props total: 1032 1 K  Slaps total: 293 293
Thats a man!

2 months ago '14        #12
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 59707 59 K  Slaps total: 18586 18 K
 Cartel-Clipz said

Number one rule in performing is that you have to keep going when somebody fu*ks up. This goes for music groups, ensemble play casts, smaller plays etc

Only would have further ruined the performance if Kelly and Beyoncé made a big deal about it. They did what they were trained to do. Nothing personal
+61   

2 months ago '19        #13
DadeCounty 
space
space
Props total: 15936 15 K  Slaps total: 1645 1 K
 Cartel-Clipz said

Thanks for the good laugh
+9   

2 months ago '18        #14
2deeppapi 
space
space
space
Props total: 199 199  Slaps total: 4 4
 He Hate Me said

Message of the year🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿
+15   

2 months ago '17        #15
Chrispy 
space
space
Props total: 1731 1 K  Slaps total: 287 287
 He Hate Me said

West side gunn in griselda, brock from pokemon, dj envy,sheek in lox, the green power puff, the heart kid from captain planet
+30   

2 months ago '13        #16
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 37153 37 K  Slaps total: 3125 3 K
 Chrispy said
West side gunn in griselda, brock from pokemon, dj envy,sheek in lox, the green power puff, the heart kid from captain planet
Man Westside Gun is the Michelle of Griselda? Bro I'm just getting into those n*ggas and out the blue I been reading all this Westside slander, I always thought he was the frontman of the group. His voice is cold, super unique, I always thought people fu*ked with him like I do.
+16   

2 months ago '17        #17
Chrispy 
space
space
Props total: 1731 1 K  Slaps total: 287 287
 DiegoRivera said
Man Westside Gun is the Michelle of Griselda? Bro I'm just getting into those n*ggas and out the blue I been reading all this Westside slander, I always thought he was the frontman of the group. His voice is cold, super unique, I always thought people fu*ked with him like I do.
He is good in small doses on features, i dont find his projects have any replay value. Gotta respect the movement and his vision, but hes better leaving the rapping to benny and conway.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #18
sweetermanz 
space
space
space
Props total: 272 272  Slaps total: 51 51
 bqstudios said
this why i never looked up to any celebs, i like they music but thats it, most are super cuthtroat and will do whatever it takes to make it to the top.
Yeah but that’s life in general. 9to5 White collar, blue collar, illegal activities. If you’re not trying to be great get out of my way fr
+7   

2 months ago '17        #19
sweetermanz 
space
space
space
Props total: 272 272  Slaps total: 51 51
 Chrispy said
He is good in small doses on features, i dont find his projects have any replay value. Gotta respect the movement and his vision, but hes better leaving the rapping to benny and conway.
FLYGOD was impeccable bro
+8   

2 months ago '07        #20
CrazyNDaLasDayz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22176 22 K  Slaps total: 3005 3 K
 He Hate Me said

+31   

2 months ago '17        #21
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 47302 47 K  Slaps total: 12316 12 K
 Randy Jackson said
She was the ugly ducking of the group
This.

The ugly one out any rnb group will always get sh*tted on for not being as marketable.

Bottom line.

+3   

2 months ago '04        #22
Dash420 
space
space
Props total: 9811 9 K  Slaps total: 857 857
She always was stiff, had a weird a*s voice, hardly any personality and dressed like a gotdayum church usher....wtf she expect? That being said....I liked her last line lol..she did what she was supposed to do and thats just play her role
+4   

2 months ago '14        #23
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 34089 34 K  Slaps total: 5931 5 K
Bedw*nch got dumped by her racist zaddy before they even made it down the aisle and yes you are still the ugliest member in the history of destinys child so go cry your bedw*nch tears somewhere else Grandma Face. Zaddy got exposed twice on twitter as a racist and making racist comments and she still wanted to marry him.
+14   

2 months ago '17        #24
GxFR 
space
space
Props total: 1055 1 K  Slaps total: 160 160
 DiegoRivera said
Gunn is Griseldas backbone, without him their is no Griselda. Alot of the new fans sh*t on his voice n say he ain't lyrical. Too me I like them all equally for what they are. I said this before... Gunn n his hood used to shoot up my hood n I still fu*k with him outta respect. My guys bust back so to me it's even Steven ... n I can't deny what they did comin out of Buffalo.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #25
CELE91 
space
space
Props total: 7258 7 K  Slaps total: 707 707
 titans7 said
Bedw*nch got dumped by her racist zaddy before they even made it down the aisle and yes you are still the ugliest member in the history of destinys child so go cry your bedw*nch tears somewhere else Grandma Face. Zaddy got exposed twice on twitter as a racist and making racist comments and she still wanted to marry him.
Tariq is that you...

+12   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+64online now  44
 Article inside There’s some weird energy in Hollywood right now
137 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+84online now  37
 Image(s) inside King Los Checks Comedian Tony Hinchcliffe For Disrespecting Kobe Bryant
122 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  30
Article inside Chadwick Boseman reportedly unhappy about Marvel's plans for a new Bl..
97 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+17online now  24
 NICKI MINAJ writes letter to judge DEFENDING her BROTHER RAPING an 11 YEAR OLD
117 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy