Unbox Therapy looking crazy right now stealing

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+16  89
1348 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '09        #1
4900 page views
55 comments

Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 8471 8 K  Slaps total: 1856 1 K
Unbox Therapy looking crazy right now stealing

I don't follow tech channels like that but everyone knows who this dude is he's like the most popular one. Some phone case company called Pitaka sent him a phone case to review and he liked it. So much that he went and made his own phone case just like it and deleted his review of their phone case off his channel and took down the review he did on the company's Youtube channel too so he could go and sell his new brand of phone case.
+24   

best
worst
55 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4484 4 K  Slaps total: 309 309
lew is a fu*kboy for that, but it's not surprising that this dude would do something like this...he looks scumbag-ish
+36   

1 month ago '15        #3
AlmightySae 
space
space
Props total: 2565 2 K  Slaps total: 548 548
I don't know the full details of it but it's not like he was getting paid by pitaka. All they did was send him a phone case and he reviewed it. When you have a product that is easily made and there's money up for grabs then of course other firms are going to enter the market.

1 month ago '17        #4
JacobWatch 
space
space
Props total: 17019 17 K  Slaps total: 1201 1 K
That’s some hoe sh*t but it happens everyday in business

I fu*k with his channel too never knew he was a snake
+14   

1 month ago '15        #5
Shifty 
space
space
space
Props total: 7259 7 K  Slaps total: 1329 1 K
Yeah, he a hoe for that
+12   

1 month ago '18        #6
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 34982 34 K  Slaps total: 2875 2 K
 AlmightySae said
I don't know the full details of it but it's not like he was getting paid by pitaka. All they did was send him a phone case and he reviewed it. When you have a product that is easily made and there's money up for grabs then of course other firms are going to enter the market.
Entering the market & completely replicating someone's product (and deleting the proof) are two different things.
+28   

1 month ago '09        #7
Zaosyn  OP
space
space
 AlmightySae said
So you don't see nothing wrong with what he did? Even going as far as removing his review of their product on his channel to make sure no one would call him out on copying the product? And then going to their Youtube channel and copy-right striking his review of THEIR PRODUCT so that the video of him reviewing their product is off Youtube forever so he could sell his bootleg version of their case instead?
+22   

1 month ago '05        #8
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4484 4 K  Slaps total: 309 309
 AlmightySae said
dog eat dog world...he isnt getting paid by them but is getting paid because of them...maybe he'll do a giveaway of those cases like he did with the iphones

1 month ago '16        #9
Moe718 
space
space
Props total: 164 164  Slaps total: 5 5
the greed is real. i mean he has to be filthy rich with a popular yt-channel.

why would you risk your reputation like that. i don't get it.

+18   

1 month ago '05        #10
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 
space
space
Props total: 720 720  Slaps total: 52 52
You can tell something like this was coming when the influencers were being brought in behind the scenes in China to various markets.

There may be more legitimate businesses than not there, but when it's known that stealing intellectual property is treated like nothing more than a white lie...you cannot be surprised at these types of results.

Just trying to figure out how disingenuous can people be with trying to cover it up.
+4   

1 month ago '09        #11
Zaosyn  OP
space
space
From what I understand the Unbox Therapy dude tried to reach out to them to COLLAB and make cases for a wider range of phones but the conversation didn't progress so Unbox Therapy said fu*k it, I'ma make my own phone case then and went and did this.

Wouldn't it of just been better if he never did any of this sh*t and made a video explaining that he's going to make a phone case that is compatible with a wide range of phones and takes the best design / materials / pricing and make his own that he is truly happy with and then push it like that? That way if fans were gonna say he was copying you could atleast say he made a video saying he was going to take the best ideas and make his own? Maybe not but I feel like if you're gonna do something like this you gotta atleast put up a lie and have a little bit of truth in it to make it believable. He could of even mentioned that it does look like the Pitaka case but he loved that case so much that they weren't open to doing a collab and making it available for a wide range of phones that he went and did it himself cause he believed in it so much. IDK I'm not a sales man I don't like lying to people to take their money

That little piece of sh*t case probably cost $2 to make and he's selling it for $45 (Pitaka cases are $60 I think).

Last edited by Zaosyn; 12-07-2019 at 06:15 AM..
+8   

1 month ago '15        #12
Shifty 
space
space
space
Props total: 7259 7 K  Slaps total: 1329 1 K
 Zaosyn said
From what I understand the Unbox Therapy dude tried to reach out to them to COLLAB and make cases for a wider range of phones but the conversation didn't progress so Unbox Therapy said fu*k it, I'ma make my own phone case then and went and did this.

Wouldn't it of just been better if he never did any of this sh*t and made a video explaining that he's going to make a phone case that is compatible with a wide range of phones and takes the best design / materials / pricing and make his own that he is truly happy with and then push it like that? That way if fans were gonna say he was copying you could atleast say he made a video saying he was going to take the best ideas and make his own? Maybe not but I feel like if you're gonna do something like this you gotta atleast put up a lie and have a little bit of truth in it to make it believable. He could of even mentioned that it does look like the Pitaka case but he loved that case so much that they weren't open to doing a collab and making it available for a wide range of phones that he went and did it himself cause he believed in it so much. IDK I'm not a sales man I don't like lying to people to take their money

That little piece of sh*t case probably cost $2 to make and he's selling it for $45 (Pitaka cases are $60 I think).
They outlined what happened in the video. He never contacted any of them, he stole the idea, deleted the old review and marketed it as his own. He lied and said he contacted the company after being caught before finally sending a real message about the partnership.

He lied b
+15   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 80085 80 K  Slaps total: 35569 35 K
 PhrozenMenace said
dog eat dog world...he isnt getting paid by them but is getting paid because of them...maybe he'll do a giveaway of those cases like he did with the iphones
Stick to making smilies.

1 month ago '14        #14
NineDime 
space
space
Props total: 5532 5 K  Slaps total: 244 244
Ima look into Pitaka, I need a good minimal case
+3   

1 month ago '18        #15
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23116 23 K  Slaps total: 8175 8 K
You can tell dude is a vulture.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #16
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 29232 29 K  Slaps total: 2591 2 K
Foul only cuz he already cakin of whats hes doing
+3   

1 month ago '11        #17
QuietPack 
space
space
space
Props total: 1180 1 K  Slaps total: 215 215
He sounded entitled on all his videos, hes getting exposed now. These influencers have no morals they just want the bag
+7   

1 month ago '19        #18
BOLO1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3347 3 K  Slaps total: 504 504
I always disliked this pompous looking and his sideways hat. Flossy Carter for the win.
+11   

1 month ago '16        #19
Funke 
space
space
Props total: 5656 5 K  Slaps total: 969 969
Weird people steal everything
+13   

1 month ago '18        #20
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 12180 12 K  Slaps total: 1314 1 K
This is huge. He's a top 5 YouTube tech reviewer.

Dummy shoulda approached the right way.

Greed.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #21
space
space
Props total: 24098 24 K  Slaps total: 3004 3 K
His reviews are kinda 'meh' tbh. MKBHD and Flossy do it better.

fu*k his thieving a*s.
+12   

1 month ago '04        #22
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 9483 9 K  Slaps total: 1337 1 K
Good for him let him make his money, if he gets sued which I doubt he should have enough money for a good lawyer

1 month ago '11        #23
iDaPappy 
space
space
Props total: 4054 4 K  Slaps total: 244 244
Watched like two of his videos in the past. Dude mad annoying with the intros and camera angles. If he’s reviewing something, I skip it altogether because 85% of the vid is about his dumb a*s and 15% about the product imo.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #24
Most Palone 
space
space
Props total: 3856 3 K  Slaps total: 284 284
 King Tyr said
i'm saying though.

i used to mess with this guy and cheating/dishonesty in this fashion is like.... the one thing your followers DON'T want to put up with. we were following you because we thought you had talent/style and then you go and have to steal like this because your game is so wack and off point..... it's basically like saying you're a bum.

just hope my mans LinusTechTips keeps his nose clean
Lol both are Canadian so who knows?

Don’t see Linus moving like this though

1 month ago '04        #25
alexmooos22 
space
space
Props total: 304 304  Slaps total: 35 35
It’s some fu_k sh_t definitely but the biggest corporation in the world Amazon watches people’s sales numbers and copy the product and undercut prices so the inventor can’t compete and muscle them out of there own business. If the richest doing it, greedy a**holes gonna follow suit.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  51
Video inside Banking while black
47 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+30online now  41
Lil Durk's Artist OTF DEDE Gets Violated on Cam!
344 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+38online now  34
Video inside Martin Was Definitely Fxcking
63 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-90online now  12
10 Facts About the 90's Spider-Man Cartoon