Is Nintendo Switch among the worst Nintendo consoles of all time?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
42 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+30  114
112 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '13        #1
5624 page views
139 comments

RelGthe0ry  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 8476 8 K  Slaps total: 1823 1 K
Is Nintendo Switch among the worst Nintendo consoles of all time?

After blindly buying in to experience the hype that is the Nintendo Switch for the last week; i'm quickly reminded why I haven't been interested in a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. Nothing about this thing feels quality.

A 720p mobile screen going into 2020? There are $40 budget phones with higher resolutions. sh*t at the very least ya'll could've made it an IPS. And even at 1080p on the big screen, it looks more upscaled than native. image

No Internet Browser from what I can see.

Inexcusable battery life--from a company that prides itself on NOT being in the cutting edge technology race like the others.

The joycons feel and look really cheap--on top of being uncomfortable; I can't imagine using these for a f*ghting game.

But the biggest surprise is finding out they got the nerve to charge for their garbage a*s online infrastructure.

When did this start? How the hell did Nintendo get so bold to think that they had even the slightest justification to charge at all when compared to their competitors?

After $300+, im trying my best to justify it. Seriously, are there any redeeming qualities with this thing? Because even this Pokemon game feels childishly stale; it's defenitly not the next gen expereince I thought it would be.

best
worst
139 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
kriskross00 
space
space
Props total: 59611 59 K  Slaps total: 7310 7 K
+17   

1 month ago '17        #3
Hakeem 
space
space
Props total: 9015 9 K  Slaps total: 1056 1 K
3dsxl

1 month ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 44847 44 K  Slaps total: 10779 10 K
Flopped harder than Virtua Boy

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '16        #5
postemupndunkit 
space
space
Props total: 34196 34 K  Slaps total: 5247 5 K
In terms of home consoles , that Wii U sh*t was horrible

That’s easily the worst home console Nintendo has ever put out hands down
+30   

1 month ago '10        #6
KJHARDY 
space
space
Props total: 20725 20 K  Slaps total: 2784 2 K

1 month ago '16        #7
P Glizzy 
space
space
Props total: 8833 8 K  Slaps total: 1148 1 K
You buggin' but I wish Nintendo would quit fu*kin' around and make me a big body console wit' some juice behind it.

+25   

1 month ago '19        #8
MMA 
space
space
space
Props total: 837 837  Slaps total: 43 43
 RelGthe0ry said
After blindly buying in to experience the hype that is the Nintendo Switch for the last week; i'm quickly reminded why I haven't been interested in a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. Nothing about this thing feels quality.

A 720p mobile screen going into 2020? There are $40 budget phones with higher resolutions. sh*t at the very least ya'll could've made it an IPS. And even at 1080p on the big screen, it looks more upscaled than native.

No Internet Browser from what I can see.

Inexcusable battery life--from a company that prides itself on NOT being in the cutting edge technology race like the others.

The joycons feel and look really cheap--on top of being uncomfortable; I can't imagine using these for a f*ghting game.

But the biggest surprise is finding out they got the nerve to charge for their garbage a*s online infrastructure.

When did this start? How the hell did Nintendo get so bold to think that they had even the slightest justification to charge at all when compared to their competitors?

After $300+, im trying my best to justify it. Seriously, are there any redeeming qualities with this thing? Because even this Pokemon game feels childishly stale; it's defenitly not the next gen expereince I thought it would be.
It’s a console for young children IMO. Got my son one for his birthday last year he and his friends love it. It’s a trip seeing my son’s favorite game be super smash brothers. That was my game on the N64. Fox was OP in the original he was so much faster than all the other characters.

Breathe of the wild is a good game on the switch.

Last edited by MMA; 12-06-2019 at 01:40 PM..
+12   

1 month ago '05        #9
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 9020 9 K  Slaps total: 858 858
nah. The wii and Wii U were the worst consoles they made. They had games but wii had no longevity and the wil u was a flop cause they couldn’t market it good. The switch is fire. The best console they put out since GameCube. And if you not tryna pay 300+ Then look for deals. I bought the new version for 270 and all the launch games for 30 a piece. I’m enjoying it.
+10   

1 month ago '04        #10
Makaveli4Eva 
space
space
Props total: 674 674  Slaps total: 119 119
I actually like my fu*kin switch and I got xbox and ps4 too. I play Smash and Naruto against my homeboy on switch and I got a couple FF remakes on there and some throwbacks. It depends on what kinda games you like I guess and maybe the fact I got the . big boys helps. It is nice playing Smite and sh*t laid up when wifey goes to sleep tho
+6   

1 month ago '05        #11
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 17969 17 K  Slaps total: 1064 1 K
Wii U
+2   

1 month ago '07        #12
dadoc04 
space
space
space
Props total: 187 187  Slaps total: 4 4
Switch is dope as fu*k
+13   

1 month ago '05        #13
skamgdi 
space
space
Props total: 56 56  Slaps total: 1 1
Yea you buggin switch is dope. if you expect it to be a ps4 or xbox you not getting that. Honestly i dont mind paying 20 a year for all those NES and SNES games.. they got some classics on there. i got 2 switchs 1 hacked and one not.
+11   

1 month ago '04        #14
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
Props total: 19303 19 K  Slaps total: 2653 2 K
Switch is dope but I only got one because of hack, I would never buy any games for it.
+2   

1 month ago '13        #15
RelGthe0ry  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
space
space
 MMA said
It’s a console for young children IMO. Got my son one for his birthday last year he and his friends love it. It’s a trip seeing my son’s favorite game be super smash brothers. That was my game on the N64. Fox was OP in the original he was so much faster than all the other characters.

Breathe of the wild is a good game on the switch.
I don't disagree at all about it being a children's console. It definitely feels like it. Even the gimmick of being able to detach the cons and use them on the mobile screen independently on certain games is very unappealing and unrealistic to me as an adult with that screen size.

Nintendo definitely makes great exclusives though atleast; but even the game side of things seems to have alot of issues. Like why are the games so damn expensive? Does Nintendo ever drop their prices?...

Even with ancient third-party ports--ive been looking up reviews for some of them; like this for example--

This sh*t cost $60--hell $50 minimum on a good day if you're lucky. And going by the reviews--their inferior looking ports with many frame rate issues overall.

They don't even uniquely bring anything new to the table control wise with 1 of the 3. And to make matters worse; the game comes in a case as one cartridge for one game and a digital code for the rest. And I read alot of Switch games do this with physical games. Like wtf?....If I buy a physical copy--it better all come that way.

Yet somehow, the Nintendo ports are still the most expensive of the bunch even with these issues. I really don't get Nintendo--not even on no hatin' sh*t. Everything just feels like a cash grab with them.

Last edited by RelGthe0ry; 12-07-2019 at 10:36 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '04        #16
Fresh Beats 
space
space
Props total: 9432 9 K  Slaps total: 412 412
I would have to use a pro controller on it. Those joy-cons are too small for more than 30 minutes of gaming.
+6   

1 month ago '15        #17
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7806 7 K  Slaps total: 1240 1 K
I personally stopped with nintendo after gamecube, which I actually put close to n64. The gamecube was so dope when it launched the controller was funky but solid i loved it. The little a*s discs blew my mind and every exclusive was super solid and it leapfrogged over the ps2 and dreamcast(which i also loved). Man i might just have to get a cheap gamecube here in Japan and play all the exclusives i kissed i been doing that with the p2.

The wii and wii u and switch all are gimmicks to me. Kinda how the old ninja turtles was for big kids and kids and adults. And now the nonja turtles are just like straight child sh*t the nintendo consoles after gamecube feel like that for me. I was hyped to i remember being one of those dudes making sure i had a wii day one after a day and rage quiting red steel and blowing through other games i boxed it up and gave it away that same christmas to my little niece and nephew.
+4   

1 month ago '13        #18
space
space
 Fresh Beats said
I would have to use a pro controller on it. Those joy-cons are too small for more than 30 minutes of gaming.
Yup. And thats another $60 for that.

It feels like the real price of the Switch is about $500 when its all said and done.

1 month ago '13        #19
space
space
 CALL AGAIN said
I personally stopped with nintendo after gamecube, which I actually put close to n64. The gamecube was so dope when it launched the controller was funky but solid i loved it. The little a*s discs blew my mind and every exclusive was super solid and it leapfrogged over the ps2 and dreamcast(which i also loved). Man i might just have to get a cheap gamecube here in Japan and play all the exclusives i kissed i been doing that with the p2.

The wii and wii u and switch all are gimmicks to me. Kinda how the old ninja turtles was for big kids and kids and adults. And now the nonja turtles are just like straight child sh*t the nintendo consoles after gamecube feel like that for me. I was hyped to i remember being one of those dudes making sure i had a wii day one after a day and rage quiting red steel and blowing through other games i boxed it up and gave it away that same christmas to my little niece and nephew.
Real sh*t.

And I felt the same way about the Gamecube; always felt it was underrated.
+2   

1 month ago '19        #20
BaviBan 
space
space
Props total: 758 758  Slaps total: 50 50
Nah, wii u takes that spot. It's only good for Homebrew and hacking now. Switch is good but the fu*king drifting of the Joycons is unacceptable. (I didn't think my JCs would drift, but i was wrong.) There's not much space for customizing and the system UI is bland as sh*t. I love the Wii and DS and sh*t but I really wish Nintendo would stop fu*king around w/ gimmicks and just made a box that can play games. If they did that, it would be a wrap.

+1   

1 month ago '06        #21
NorthNorthReppa 
space
space
Props total: 857 857  Slaps total: 126 126
You’re looking at it wrong in my opinion OP. You don’t buy a Switch to play games that can be played better elsewhere. You buy it for Nintendo games and the convenience. I’m constantly on the move and with my son, being able to have my own screen no matter what is a life saver. Like if he’s on the gaming PC or One X or PS4, I always have my handheld option. I wouldn’t be able to make it through some of these long a*s games without it.

But if you like JRPGs. The option of handheld alone is just so great to have. Makes the system for me.
+7   

1 month ago '12        #22
OhBoy1356 
space
space
Props total: 7810 7 K  Slaps total: 1463 1 K
Got my kids a switch 2 years ago for Christmas it collects dust kids don’t care about a switch they just want to play Fortnite, Apex Legends, Minecraft and Roblox. I got my kids Gamepass and the all digital joint and PsNow for myself.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #23
OhBoy1356 
space
space
Props total: 7810 7 K  Slaps total: 1463 1 K
 NorthNorthReppa said
You’re looking at it wrong in my opinion OP. You don’t buy a Switch to play games that can be played better elsewhere. You buy it for Nintendo games and the convenience. I’m constantly on the move and with my son, being able to have my own screen no matter what is a life saver. Like if he’s on the gaming PC or One X or PS4, I always have my handheld option. I wouldn’t be able to make it through some of these long a*s games without it.

But if you like JRPGs. The option of handheld alone is just so great to have. Makes the system for me.
Same here I use it for JRPG’s

1 month ago '13        #24
pizzolini 
space
space
space
Props total: 1980 1 K  Slaps total: 216 216
Copped 2 of the switch lites for Christmas, my kids won’t care about all that extra stuff. Who needs a web browser when they have iPads. I buy my kids the things that I would of wanted and never had as a kid.
+6   

1 month ago '10        #25
catch22 
space
space
Props total: 2416 2 K  Slaps total: 519 519
The switch was my first Nintendo console since Gamecube. I've pretty much stuck with Playstation consoles and Nintendo handhelds.

I can honestly say the Switch is a*s if you want to build a gaming library that isn't a bunch of puzzle games. I bought it to play Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. When I finished those, there was nothing that sparked my interest me until Pokemon Sword/Shield. I borrowed Smash and Mario Kart because there was no way I was paying for those.

People tried to recommend me sh*t like Splatoon and a cooking game.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  150
Lil Durk's Artist OTF DEDE Gets Violated on Cam!
322 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  37
:yikes: chicago weed prices....
111 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+87online now  25
Image(s) inside Eminem -Music To Be Murdered By (Official Discussion THREAD)
990 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  24
Why is GTA 4 hated so much?!?!
99 comments
20 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy