Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass Suspensions

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-24  85
178 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news /page 2

2 months ago '05        #1
11057 page views
135 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
space
space
Props total: 67143 67 K  Slaps total: 5036 5 K
Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass Suspensions

You can see a full copy of the memo below:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK/AP) — A photo of West Virginia corrections trainees doing a Nazi salute lead to some employees being suspended, and the governor has ordered some to be fired. The photo is the focus of a memo that state officials made public Thursday.

The letter, sent by West Virginia Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety Cabinet Secretary Jeff Sandy to the agency’s Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation on Wednesday, doesn’t make clear what the image shows or how many employees have been suspended. You can see the photo above.

Sandy described the photo of Basic Training Class Number 18 as “distasteful, hurtful, disturbing, highly insensitive, and completely inappropriate.” He wrote that the picture “betrays the professionalism I have seen time and time again displayed and practiced by our brave correctional employees.”

Republican Gov. Jim Justice issued a statement Thursday condemning the photo and ordered the firing of those involved:

“I condemn the photo of Basic Training Class #18 in the strongest possible terms,” Gov. Justice said. “I have directed Secretary Jeff Sandy of the Dept. of Military Affairs and Public Safety to continue actively investigating this incident and I have ordered the termination of all those that are found to be involved in this conduct. This will not be tolerated on my watch – within the Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation – or within any agency of state government.”

House a*sistant Majority Leader Kayla Kessinger (R-Fayette) condemned the photo in the following statement:

I am shocked beyond words at this outrageous photo,” Delegate Kessinger said. “As someone who has worked to build bridges with our local Jewish community, I know how harmful and offensive horrible displays like this can be, and my heart breaks for my friends who will be deeply affected by this.

This photo is not West Virginia; these are not our values, and to both the local Jewish community, and the world audience that will unfortunately now see this, let me be clear: We condemn this ignorant, hateful display in the strongest terms possible.

I hope and trust Gov. Justice and Secretary Sandy will take swift action against those responsible for this reprehensible display, and extend my personal apologies on behalf of the state of West Virginia to those offended and affected by this. We are better than this.

Sandy has ordered all copies of the picture destroyed or taken out of circulation to prevent them from spreading. He said an investigation of the incident is ongoing.
+25   

best
worst
135 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
4evaabso 
space
space
Props total: 30157 30 K  Slaps total: 11781 11 K
Smmfh
+38   

2 months ago '04        #3
Tic Toc 
space
space
Props total: 5550 5 K  Slaps total: 490 490
In this day and age...how did any of them think it was a good idea to do this in a picture...

I get that some people feel they are untouchable...but dam
+130   

2 months ago '05        #4
phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13 OP
space
space
Props total: 67143 67 K  Slaps total: 5036 5 K
State Government employees doing Nazi salutes...

+130   

2 months ago '17        #5
DaQCKing 
space
space
Props total: 40793 40 K  Slaps total: 2169 2 K
I'm not even surprised

They shouldn't have edited the faces put. If they were proud enough to do it for a photo, expose them muthafukas
+202   

2 months ago '10        #6
Sk8bamboo 
space
space
Props total: 2176 2 K  Slaps total: 128 128
SOME! EMPLOYEES? Time to clean house
+36   

2 months ago '17        #7
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 17441 17 K  Slaps total: 2267 2 K
black dude at the very top left of the picture

edit: I said the wrong direction earlier

Last edited by Timberwolves; 12-05-2019 at 05:52 PM..
+31   

2 months ago '18        #8
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 32372 32 K  Slaps total: 4022 4 K
 Timberwolves said
black dude at the very top right of the picture

You sure about that?

Last edited by Juliette DaBlok; 12-05-2019 at 05:42 PM..
+23   

2 months ago '17        #9
Ymmot 
space
space
space
Props total: 41572 41 K  Slaps total: 8575 8 K
 Tic Toc said
In this day and age...how did any of them think it was a good idea to do this in a picture...

Trump's the President, they feel safe.
+37   

2 months ago '17        #10
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 17441 17 K  Slaps total: 2267 2 K
 Juliette DaBlok said

You sure about that?

that is a person of color, look at the tint of the blur on his face and his hand compared to the others

sh*t TOP LEFT my bad long day @ work

2 months ago '09        #11
kickzrme 
space
space
Props total: 7216 7 K  Slaps total: 289 289
Do I even have to say fu*k the police at this point
+55   

2 months ago '04        #12
ILLUSHUN 
space
space
Props total: 703 703  Slaps total: 53 53
Watchmen
+50   

2 months ago '05        #13
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 
space
space
Props total: 720 720  Slaps total: 52 52
Smfh

2 months ago '15        #14
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7824 7 K  Slaps total: 1244 1 K
America is so weird to me now. Especially being out of it. I never understood why so many American whites even the ones with Germanic roots loved all the Nazi sh*t and Confederate sh*t, but call themselves patriots when those were the two biggest enemies of the USA and when war was going on they locked up the Japanese Americans, but not italian Americans or German Americans(well i get that part) but still from a logical standpoint America is fu*ked to the core man and makes no got damn sense, but most of us here came from it and i hope oneday we can really change it.
+63   

2 months ago '16        #15
Adrian99OVR 
space
space
space
Props total: 2807 2 K  Slaps total: 135 135
Hope the uncensored pic surfaces. Some things don't deserve a courtesy blur. Names need to be put to faces.
+30   

2 months ago '16        #16
genxcide 
space
space
space
Props total: 1268 1 K  Slaps total: 182 182
Its disgusting. But zoom In and tell me a few of those hands dont looked photoshopped in. How do like 5 of those hands have a white outline infront of black uniforms

2 months ago '17        #17
Officialjm3 
space
space
space
Props total: 5782 5 K  Slaps total: 911 911
 Tic Toc said

It’s west Virginia. Any janitor in another state can move there and become an attorney
+19   

2 months ago '16        #18
thekingruss 
space
space
space
Props total: 28 28  Slaps total: 10 10
 genxcide said
Its disgusting. But zoom In and tell me a few of those hands dont looked photoshopped in. How do like 5 of those hands have a white outline infront of black uniforms
You might be on to something here...

2 months ago '07        #19
stogz 
space
space
Props total: 70190 70 K  Slaps total: 10420 10 K
typical
+6   

2 months ago '16        #20
B86 
space
space
space
Props total: 10660 10 K  Slaps total: 2357 2 K
And this is why when I'm traveling between the North East and the South I stay on all major roads through WV (no backroad, avoid highway sh*t) and never stop anywhere but Beckley to take a piss. Was taught this at a young age by my grandad.

Made the mistake of getting lost in WV before GPS was the norm and saw so many Confederate flags on houses and pickups that I knew if my Navigator broke down for some reason my a*s was grass

Last edited by B86; 12-05-2019 at 07:42 PM..
+18   

2 months ago '16        #21
Teknicks 
space
space
Props total: 22432 22 K  Slaps total: 3887 3 K
 phantomnation said
State Government employees doing Nazi salutes...

Why do white supremacists stand behind the two flags that have k*lled the most white American men in history?

Like don't they realize their current conservative democratic ideology would make them mortal enemies of both Nazis and Confederates?

Last edited by Teknicks; 12-06-2019 at 12:30 AM..
+20   

2 months ago '17        #22
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 77997 77 K  Slaps total: 4781 4 K
CAC's gonna be CAC's.

+22   

2 months ago '04        #23
WhoThaFuk 
space
space
Props total: 1907 1 K  Slaps total: 106 106
Here's what they think about you.
+17   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '14        #24
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 59263 59 K  Slaps total: 18513 18 K
I remember one time in like 4th or 5th grade a white girl (blonde hair, blue eyes) who moved from Montana drew a swastika on the binding of my math book.

When I reported it (cuz my parents wasn’t paying for that sh*t) the teacher said I did it and took her side. That was the day I learned how consequenceless it must be to be white
+41   

2 months ago '18        #25
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 32372 32 K  Slaps total: 4022 4 K
 Timberwolves said
that is a person of color, look at the tint of the blur on his face and his hand compared to the others

sh*t TOP LEFT my bad long day @ work
No it's not. Damn yall some weird a*s motherfukkers. As if that would've made it okay anyway.
+5   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  51
Power tv shooter got leaked
287 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  38
Jan 20 - Immune cell which kills most cancers discovered by accident
29 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  35
Image(s) inside Big Gipp of Goodie Mob said he saw Shaq, Bone Thugs got robbed in L.A.
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-48online now  30
REAL OR FAKE NEWS? Woman in OTF Dede's cam video killed!
105 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy