THE BATMAN Star Robert Pattinson Doubles Down On The Caped Crusader Not Being A Superhero

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
26 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '06        #1
1440 page views
41 comments

SM  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 138557 138 K  Slaps total: 28340 28 K
THE BATMAN Star Robert Pattinson Doubles Down On The Caped Crusader Not Being A Superhero

In a new interview, Robert Pattinson has reiterated previous comments that the Dark Knight isn't a superhero and explains why he hopes starring in The Batman won't be too similar to Twilight...

Earlier this year, The Batman star Robert Pattinson shared his thoughts on why he believes the iconic DC Comics hero isn't actually, well, a superhero! Now, the actor has doubled down on those remarks and it's clear he has his own very unique take on the type of character Bruce Wayne actually is.

"It doesn't count," he told Today when asked what it's like to play a big screen superhero. "You need to have like magical powers to be a superhero." When it was pointed out that Batman does, in fact, wear a cape, the actor conceded that it was a good point. "The cape. I will give you that one."

Pattinson also addressed the huge amount of fame he found starring in the Twilight franchise and admitted that he hopes starring in The Batman won't lead to a similar level of attention.

"Thereís a part of me that just thinks itís impossible to be what happened with Twilight because it was so sudden," he explained. "And now Iím hoping it wonít be people hanging out outside my place. I just think Iím kind of boring and old now." Unfortunately, whether Pattinson likes it or not, he's going to receive a huge amount of attention playing Batman and all eyes will ultimately be on him.

The question is, is Batman actually a superhero or not?

best
worst
41 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
Props total: 34876 34 K  Slaps total: 8153 8 K
I see where he's coming from and tbh that type of misunderstanding is to be expected when the movies that depict superheroes portray them as super beings foremost and "heroes" secondly.

But he's wrong tho.

Also this movie will suck d*ck.

Shame because a lot of normies still think Pattinson is a bad actor, despite him being in a slew of films post-Twilight that showcase how versatile and capable he is as an actor -- and this movie will tank+critically bomb and everyone will just blame him rather than just see that DC is artistically bankrupt and would rather cater to embittered incels with severe autism than, idk, make a decent movie.

Last edited by QdobaCasanova; 12-03-2019 at 12:01 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Maladar 
space
space
Props total: 1194 1 K  Slaps total: 824 824
He couldn't be more wrong. Not a way to start your journey as Batman. He needs a reality check fast.
+13   

2 weeks ago '13        #4
PsychoCyber 
space
space
Props total: 3324 3 K  Slaps total: 198 198
Bruce has the drop on the entire justice league fu*k he means he ain’t a superhero
+16   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
Wiles 
space
space
Props total: 200 200  Slaps total: 44 44
 PsychoCyber said
Bruce has the drop on the entire justice league fu*k he means he ainít a superhero
this

fu*k THIS DUDE WILL BE TRASH BATMAN
+8   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
JFamis 
space
space
Props total: 8078 8 K  Slaps total: 1139 1 K
By definition, Batman is a vigilante who is usually a hero and not a superhero... y’all want this to flop, though.
+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #7
blessings  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x61
space
space
Props total: 14048 14 K  Slaps total: 15006 15 K
Batman is overrated as fu*k

2 weeks ago '04        #8
GodsFavorite 
space
space
space
Props total: 6256 6 K  Slaps total: 980 980
Am I the only one that doesn’t give a sh*t about stuff like this? Who the fu*k cares how an actor defines superhero. Bruce wayne/Batman is not a difficult role to play. It’ll be fine
+6   

2 weeks ago '10        #9
llpooh 
space
space
Props total: 690 690  Slaps total: 73 73
Well, hes human with no superpowers whatsoever. Hes just the worlds greatest detective and rich. A fu*king cape doesnt make you a superhero.

Ironman is the same way....just not a detective and in a metal suit.

Theyre both heros but not super powered.
+7   

2 weeks ago '15        #10
Preacher Mane 
space
space
Props total: 37028 37 K  Slaps total: 2440 2 K
bi*ch, shut the fu*k up and hit those weights, est some protein and take them roids. I’ll be Gotdamn if I look at this MF on screen and genuinely feel like I’d beat his a*s.

I’m not letting this pale a**hole embarrass my favorite/the goat hero.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #11
regularjoe 
space
space
Props total: 20177 20 K  Slaps total: 4886 4 K
If Iron man is a super hero, then Batman is a super hero.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 18262 18 K  Slaps total: 1133 1 K
since when has Batman have to be the size of Thor?
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #13
Von Doom 
space
space
space
Props total: 340 340  Slaps total: 144 144
See this is where BC delegates itself at times from other sites.

Because we all know damn well he just providing lip service for no phuking reason. Instead of talking about the character or something actually unique or different that we wouldn't know

He bullshytin cause he hasn't read anything extensive about Batman recently you can always tell.

There are at least 4 different new story arch's that have changed the DCU in a great way. I grew up more of a Marvel fan but DC writing is k*lling the game.

"Batman who Laughs "
Lex Luthor has stepped his game up
The Justice League is getting outplayed in unique way by the Villains
The Green lanterns who was once kinda irrelevant now have a greater purpose.
The Far reaches of Space are being brought into the story

Again... These are all very recent plot lines.

Any actor googling the DC shyt would know. I'm disgusted at how bad these actors approach a simple AF role. Patterson needs to bulk up n do some research.

Smfh lawd man.. He gonna mess this up. Cause he really doesn't care about making it his own. Patterson is lookin for a way back into hollywood

2 weeks ago '09        #14
dadon85 
space
space
space
Props total: 22481 22 K  Slaps total: 3057 3 K
Is he saying batman is just a detective. I refuse to watch

My expectations for this batman are low
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 23265 23 K  Slaps total: 942 942
Batman is larger than life. Sure he has no superpowers, but the man is smarter than 99% of the human population, in the most optimal physical shape of a human being, a master engineer, master tactician, a cape that defies physics, and he gets his a*s whipped and mortally wounded on the regular; yet he still bounces back like nothing ever happened. Bruce Wayne should sound like a punch drunk boxer and look like Mickey Rourke. His stint as Batman should've ended after Bane almost almost split him in half.

The nicca is a superhero, nobody on present day Earth can do, or endure, what Batman does.
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #16
DaNewOG 
space
space
Props total: 229 229  Slaps total: 220 220
fu*k this f*g**t a*s muthafu*ka...hey f*g vampires dont have glitter bodies...hoe a*s n*gga this yal savior all yall out here ohhh matt reeves ohhhh vampire f*gison gonna be the best batman movie cant wait...yall n*ggas gay too and get what yall deserve
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 43261 43 K  Slaps total: 10084 10 K
I couldn’t care less if this guy said he supports the Satan and the Holocaust. Just give me a good Batman movie
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
JFamis 
space
space
 Von Doom said
See this is where BC delegates itself at times from other sites.

Because we all know damn well he just providing lip service for no phuking reason. Instead of talking about the character or something actually unique or different that we wouldn't know

He bullshytin cause he hasn't read anything extensive about Batman recently you can always tell.

There are at least 4 different new story arch's that have changed the DCU in a great way. I grew up more of a Marvel fan but DC writing is k*lling the game.

"Batman who Laughs "
Lex Luthor has stepped his game up
The Justice League is getting outplayed in unique way by the Villains
The Green lanterns who was once kinda irrelevant now have a greater purpose.
The Far reaches of Space are being brought into the story

Again... These are all very recent plot lines.

Any actor googling the DC shyt would know. I'm disgusted at how bad these actors approach a simple AF role. Patterson needs to bulk up n do some research.

Smfh lawd man.. He gonna mess this up. Cause he really doesn't care about making it his own. Patterson is lookin for a way back into hollywood
He’s been reading Tom King’s Batman stuff. And what are you even trying to say? The Justice League and Green Lanterns are irrelevant to the kind of Batman movie they’re making.

2 weeks ago '04        #19
JFamis 
space
space
 1Oh said
Batman is larger than life. Sure he has no superpowers, but the man is smarter than 99% of the human population, in the most optimal physical shape of a human being, a master engineer, master tactician, a cape that defies physics, and he gets his a*s whipped and mortally wounded on the regular; yet he still bounces back like nothing ever happened. Bruce Wayne should sound like a punch drunk boxer and look like Mickey Rourke. His stint as Batman should've ended after Bane almost almost split him in half.

The nicca is a superhero, nobody on present day Earth can do, or endure, what Batman does.
All of these things are because it is a work of fiction, not because heís a superhero.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #20
3take 
space
space
Props total: 13319 13 K  Slaps total: 933 933
The sensitivity in this thread

So full of hate yall don't even know if yall want the movie to be great or to flop
This sh*t is like a Taylor Swift fans twitter thread

It's Matt Reeves.
The movie will be great.

Batman will be great. Bruce Wayne too. Like the last Bruce Wayne. And the one before.

2 weeks ago '08        #21
Nut-In-Honeys 
space
space
Props total: 12688 12 K  Slaps total: 1383 1 K
A lot of people only like comic book movies with characters without powers. They feel it adds more realism

2 weeks ago '04        #22
Jumpoff21 
space
space
Props total: 3952 3 K  Slaps total: 365 365
Batman is not a superhero.....really?? Muthafu*ka hangs out with superman is in every fu*kin' crossover, and is in the JLA. He puts on a fu*kin' costume and saves people , stop tryin to make comics heroes and villains something they're not.

2 weeks ago '19        #23
DaNewOG 
space
space
Props total: 229 229  Slaps total: 220 220
 3take said
The sensitivity in this thread

So full of hate yall don't even know if yall want the movie to be great or to flop
This sh*t is like a Taylor Swift fans twitter thread

It's Matt Reeves.
The movie will be great.

Batman will be great. Bruce Wayne too. Like the last Bruce Wayne. And the one before.
shut up f*g**t

2 weeks ago '13        #24
kingrayden 
space
space
space
Props total: 942 942  Slaps total: 216 216
He's British, why are we even entertaining his opinion. He was a star in the biggest pedophile movie ever!!!
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #25
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 23265 23 K  Slaps total: 942 942
 JFamis said
All of these things are because it is a work of fiction, not because heís a superhero.
To me, the definition of a superhero is a hero with extraordinary gifts. Batman has extraordinary gifts. The things he's done, created, survived, and achieved cannot be replicated in reality; and he's doing all of this sh*t within a world of superheroes and supervillains.

+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+141online now  15
Memorable pictures from this decade
225 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  13
Image(s) inside Most Powerful Weapons In The Marvel Universe, Ranked By Destructive Fo..
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+42online now  12
Video inside The song in Chicago that really started it all.
44 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside Tom Hardy Shares VENOM 2 Set Photos
19 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy