Lena Waithe On British Actors Playing American Roles, Black Stories In Hollywood + More

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '16        #1
2114 page views
56 comments

BornInvincible  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 41802 41 K  Slaps total: 3085 3 K
Lena Waithe On British Actors Playing American Roles, Black Stories In Hollywood + More

Lena Waithe On British Actors Playing American Roles, Black Stories In Hollywood + 'Queen & Slim'

Lena Waithe stopped by Ebro in the Morning and dropped tons of gems about black actors in Hollywood, the debate about British actors and actresses playing American roles, how films should start releasing movies which show more of the black experience, and more.

She also goes in depth about the makings of 'Queen & Slim', the influence behind it, its soundtrack, and more.
+6   

best
worst
56 comments

3 weeks ago '04        #2
YngSwift 
space
space
Props total: 725 725  Slaps total: 110 110
It worked out well for Snowfall i actually enjoy Franklins character I think they did a great job casting that British actor to play an american role!
+16   

3 weeks ago '14        #3
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 32538 32 K  Slaps total: 5644 5 K
She said Dainel Kaluuya is our Paul Robeson so Mentally Ill Lesbians Strike Again!!! Paul Robeson was a brave man who put his life on the line for black civil rights and the country tried to paint him as a communist and evil for that. They never mention that if someone is entertaining communism it is because their current country or island is oppressing them under the current government structure or just like Fidel Castro sent troops to f*ght apartheid in South Africa but he is painted as an evil communist. Here in America with racists abusing and murdering blacks and lynching them but Paul was supposed to be the real wrong person by not sitting on his hands in this alleged free country and just taking it laying down not go out and seek alternatives that can help save your people from this country they built for free and were never paid reparations for it. Paul is the troublemaker according to white supremacy and the evil people in charge. And this "woman" has the balls to compare Robeson the legend to Kaluuya.

+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #4
eazyvaboy 
space
space
Props total: 21950 21 K  Slaps total: 1127 1 K
Rule #1 is timestamps.

0:15 Off bat, Lena Waithe and Ebro are inlaws.

1:40 Queen and Slim

3:40 about them originally not wanting to cast Daniel Kaluuya as slim.

9:20 is when she starts talking about black British actors and black American actors roles.

12:15 is when she starts talking about struggles that still exist in Hollywood.

13:00 talking about how black shows still have to be watered down for Hollywood.

17:00 getting Lauren Hill on the soundtrack.

19:50 s*x scene from Queen and Slim and how movies don't show two black people making love on screen.

21:40 "Harriet" movie controversy.

25:00 how black people in Hollywood can't criticize each other on a professional level yet.

26:35 how important it is for Tyler Perry studio and what it means.

29:20 talks about her kissing Halle Berry on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Last edited by eazyvaboy; 11-21-2019 at 07:34 AM..
+15   

3 weeks ago '10        #5
Trilluminati GA 
space
space
Props total: 19091 19 K  Slaps total: 849 849
That ados mindset has to go
+21   

3 weeks ago '06        #6
Celsius 
space
space
Props total: 3338 3 K  Slaps total: 889 889
This is better than breakfast club. They started sh*t with her about The Chi.

3 weeks ago '18        #7
br82186 
space
space
Props total: 9583 9 K  Slaps total: 861 861
She a good writer, but f-ck her for calling out Denzel and Will for not putting other black actors/actresses on when in reality the actually do
+21   

3 weeks ago '18        #8
br82186 
space
space
Props total: 9583 9 K  Slaps total: 861 861
 YngSwift said
It worked out well for Snowfall i actually enjoy Franklins character I think they did a great job casting that British actor to play an american role!
But that's the go to move tho, look at the Walking Dead
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #9
fallinginpie 
space
space
space
Props total: 3101 3 K  Slaps total: 781 781
 br82186 said
She a good writer, but f-ck her for calling out Denzel and Will for not putting other black actors/actresses on when in reality the actually do
she may be talented but as a person she is a sucka. Aziz put the spotlight on shorty with master of none and let her direct an entire episode about her life as a lesbian which got her awards and as soon as that bimbo tried to metoo aziz on some bullsh*t, Lena automatically backed away from aziz and did not come to his aid. I like her work but as a person, i can never rock with her
+16   

3 weeks ago '19        #10
Black Soap 2 
space
space
Props total: 1863 1 K  Slaps total: 827 827
She whack
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #11
Yung Tee 
space
space
space
Props total: 4758 4 K  Slaps total: 532 532
@ is this a transformer?
+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #12
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 15517 15 K  Slaps total: 32873 32 K
 Yung Tee said
@ is this a transformer?
I would certainly say so.

It's pretty common for them to do this mindfu*k these days, where the "females" are actually adopting the styles of men. So it looks like you may simply be looking at a lesbian.

But they can't "mindfu*k" the bone structure, and there are two distinct types; male or female. I haven't seen any more of this person than this picture so I'd honestly need to see more to say 100% for sure, but it's going to turn out to be a man I'm willing to bet.

They don't present the image of real females to the public, as a rule.

3 weeks ago '16        #13
space
space
space
@

That's nothing but a man.

I guess he has fat lips, or something. But that's a male eyebrow ridge, male receding forehead. You can see the beginning of a male receding hairline.
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #14
space
space
space
I hope Laura Stylez doesn't turn out to be a man.

I don't know how it works with radio personalities, but I had been wanting to smash that.

3 weeks ago '05        #15
4REAL 
space
space
Props total: 14827 14 K  Slaps total: 4481 4 K
 Trilluminati GA said
This...
+2   

3 weeks ago '16        #16
Yung Tee 
space
space
space
Props total: 4758 4 K  Slaps total: 532 532
 144000 said
@

I guess he has fat lips, or something. But that's a male eyebrow ridge, male receding forehead. You can see the beginning of a male receding hairline.
I saw this movie called Ready Player One & itís in that movie, I wasnít sure if itís a man or woman but thanks, you just confirmed itís real identity to me

Why do you think the media/government/whatever are tryna confuse the masses by making us think men are women & women are men? What are they trying to achieve? & why are transformers, homos, feminization etc on the rise? Is the end goal depopulation?
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #17
space
space
space
 Yung Tee said
I saw this movie called Ready Player One & it’s in that movie, I wasn’t sure if it’s a man or woman but thanks, you just confirmed it’s real identity to me

Why do you think the media/government/whatever are tryna confuse the masses by making us think men are women & women are men? What are they trying to achieve? & why are transformers, homos, feminization etc on the rise? Is the end goal depopulation?

Bro, I believe it's multifaceted.

The so-called "elites" worship a transgendered idol, the 'baphomet'. Many consider this idol as to be Satan.

But this activity has been going on since Biblical times; and is both recorded in the Bible, as well as prophesied as to occur in the "last days."

Celebrity worship, is worship of the "image of the beast."

And yet I also agree that depopulation plays a large role in this agenda. Certainly, as it would be much easier to control a smaller population, particularly when it is forced to rely on the state to facilitate reproduction (as would be the case if the majority of people were to become so-called, 'non-binary'.)

For now, what can be verified for certain is that this phenomenon is real.

Some people may not "believe" in the scriptures. And yet here we are.
+1   

3 weeks ago '19        #18
Rocko 
space
space
space
Props total: 1834 1 K  Slaps total: 598 598
Of course this industry lesbian defending that anti black male garbage on Harriet. Foh.
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #19
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17541 17 K  Slaps total: 1952 1 K
[QUOTE=titans7;51222035]She said Dainel Kaluuya is our Paul Robeson so Mentally Ill Lesbians Strike Again!!! Paul Robeson was a brave man who put his life on the line for black civil rights and the country tried to paint him as a communist and evil for that. They never mention that if someone is entertaining communism it is because their current country or island is oppressing them under the current government structure or just like Fidel Castro sent troops to f*ght apartheid in South Africa but he is painted as an evil communist. Here in America with racists abusing and murdering blacks and lynching them but Paul was supposed to be the real wrong person by not sitting on his hands in this alleged free country and just taking it laying down not go out and seek alternatives that can help save your people from this country they built for free and were never paid reparations for it. Paul is the troublemaker according to white supremacy and the evil people in charge. And this "woman" has the balls to compare Robeson the legend to Kaluuya.

Shout to Paul Robe, and salute to you for knowing. I actually did a report in high school on how MLK Jr was a communist. I didn't even know that there was a lot of controversial talk about him being a commie in his day. Using that buzzword to paint him as problematic and anti American. I did my report based off of what I saw from him. At the time I knew plenty of people who were proud Communists in my school, including Cubans. I didn't think anything of it until my teacher mentioned our history with the witch hunts and sh*t
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #20
Rugby Jones 
space
space
Props total: 12268 12 K  Slaps total: 1442 1 K
 Trilluminati GA said
I fully agree, a cornball term

3 weeks ago '18        #21
Rugby Jones 
space
space
Props total: 12268 12 K  Slaps total: 1442 1 K
 144000 said
@

I gave her a chance with Boomerang tv show.
That was dumpster juice
This my last try with her
If Queen&Slim trash im done with her "if she wasn't gay she wouldn't get these opportunities" a*s.
+7   

3 weeks ago '14        #22
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 5811 5 K  Slaps total: 2373 2 K
 br82186 said
Other than family, do they tbh?
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #23
purtayboi 
space
space
Props total: 5640 5 K  Slaps total: 572 572
What is ADOS?

3 weeks ago '17        #24
Coffee 
space
space
space
Props total: 15144 15 K  Slaps total: 4488 4 K
 purtayboi said
What is ADOS?
American Descendant of Slavery.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #25
born wisdom 
space
space
Props total: 2059 2 K  Slaps total: 350 350
@ what is ur reasoning behind all these "males" wanting to be "female" and vice versa? U call almost every famous woman a dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+72online now  32
Patrice O'Neal Being a Human In A Room Full Of Robots
70 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-38online now  30
Video inside Lizzo the rapper has a mental breakdown after internet backlash
323 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+141online now  21
Image(s) inside Most iconic timberlands are about to release
159 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+45online now  14
Video inside Do You Agree With Anthony Mackie About Hollywood?
78 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy