Median 1-Bedroom Rent In San Francisco Soars To Nearly $3,700 A Month

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

3 weeks ago '05        #1
4952 page views
143 comments

Avenger772 
space
space
Props total: 754 754  Slaps total: 47 47
Median 1-Bedroom Rent In San Francisco Soars To Nearly $3,700 A Month

visit this link https://sanfrancisco.cbsl .. jq7To.facebook

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – Already known for outrageously high rents, the monthly rent in San Francisco has just hit a whole new level.

According to the latest report from rental website Zumper, the median rent for a one bedroom has reached $3,690, up from $3,580 in January and breaking the previous record of $3,650 set last September.

San Francisco’s median, the highest in the nation, is about 30 percent higher for a one bedroom in New York City, and more than double the rent in Miami.

• ALSO READ: Some Bay Area Communities Centuries Away From Meeting Housing Goals

The rental website noted that rents were rising before several tech companies are expected to file IPOs this year.

“Though there may be a ton of cash flowing through the city and surrounding areas soon, many of these workers will not immediately invest in a home and may, instead, take their money to both travel and upgrade their rental situation,” the website said.

Elsewhere in the Bay Area, San Jose’s median rent for a one-bedroom was $2,540 (5th highest in the country), while in Oakland it was $2,320 (9th highest).

Connie Garske, an executive search recruiter for Silicon Valley companies, rents an 800 square-foot home in Pleasanton. Garkse says even she has explored moving out of the Bay Area just to keep up with rising costs.

“I could even bump up the size of this place and move to the beach and have the kind of lifestyle, for less rent and easier lifestyle, “ said Garske.

Meanwhile, the median rent for a two bedroom in San Francisco is a staggering $4,630 a month.

Mountain View’s median rent for a one bedroom apartment is $3,450 a month. Emeryville’s is $3,050, Milpitas is $2,800 and San Jose is $2,500.

According to Zumper, Redwood City had the fastest growing rent, increasing 15.5 percent since 2018. Palo Alto followed closely behind, with rent climbing 15.3 percent. Oakland came in third place after it saw a rent increase of 12.9 percent since 2018.

Highest One Bedroom Median Rent Prices (Bay Area Locations in bold):

San Francisco ($3,690 / month)
Mountain View ($3,450)
Emeryville ($3,050)
New York City ($2,870)
Milpitas (2,800)
San Jose ($2,540)
Boston ($2,390)
Los Angeles ($2,330)
Oakland ($2,320)
Washington, DC ($2,150)
Seattle ($1,970)
San Diego ($1,910)
Miami ($1,790)
+7   

best
worst
143 comments

3 weeks ago '04        #2
DJ Maximum|M 
space
space
Props total: 32597 32 K  Slaps total: 2506 2 K
That's crazy

Some people don't even make 3k a month
+57   

3 weeks ago '18        #3
rello99  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 39657 39 K  Slaps total: 6390 6 K
How can they justify this? Why is it so expensive?
+25   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
sweetermanz 
space
space
space
Props total: 195 195  Slaps total: 37 37
I live in NY and I used to think it’s be damn near impossible to live here but I have my own place and maintain a decent life and don’t make anything crazy (20 minutes from midtown). You can make it anywhere if you know how to manage money, research and HUSTLE. At the end of the day you have to survive ANYWAY so why think about how expensive it is...just make more bread.

Don’t be fooled by the median rents, you can get a spot half the price if you just look and really figure it out. Yes it’s expensive but you pay for a lifestyle that you won’t get anywhere else.
+35   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #5
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 26844 26 K  Slaps total: 6332 6 K
I dont get this...

San Fran is no NYC
+9   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 3010 3 K  Slaps total: 205 205
if you willing to commute it’s not that expensive to live in California... ever since I moved to So cal from cen cal I’ve stay in the IE and I can’t complain about the rent I’m only 50 miles away from Disney land 60 away from LA.... 2k in the IE get you a luxury condo with at least 3 bedrooms and 1200..
+14   

3 weeks ago '16        #7
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 3455 3 K  Slaps total: 896 896
 skillahmang said
I dont get this...

San Fran is no NYC
It’s much smaller is more dominated by a high income industry(Tech).

BlaqThum said
if you willing to commute it’s not that expensive to live in California... ever since I moved to So cal from cen cal I’ve stay in the IE and I can’t complain about the rent I’m only 50 miles away from Disney land 60 away from LA.... 2k in the IE get you a luxury condo with at least 3 bedrooms and 1200..
That’s sound horrible imo.
+28   

3 weeks ago '17        #8
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11589 11 K  Slaps total: 5337 5 K
These cities all have something in common

3 weeks ago '18        #9
Boxedin101  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 7657 7 K  Slaps total: 1419 1 K
 skillahmang said
I dont get this...

San Fran is no NYC
Ny is the Paris
(Statute of liberty/ tower of effiel)

San Fran is London
(Golden gate/ London bridge)

It's about tourism and proximity to the tech world

Had to edit because of all the hate from nyers

On a larger scale
As a whole
Ny is thought of as inner city while San Francisco is suburban

Which would cost more to raise a family in?

Ny Undercover vs Full House

Last edited by Boxedin101; 11-20-2019 at 01:28 AM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #10
Jwardisback3rd 
space
space
Props total: 2684 2 K  Slaps total: 310 310
 DJ Maximum said
That's crazy

Some people don't even make 3k a month
Was just looking for a one bedroom here in San Jose thinking I could rent one for 1500 to use as a bachelor pad....

Couldn’t find anything less then 2500, sh*ts stupid.
+5   

3 weeks ago '13        #11
Afr0Centric 
space
space
space
Props total: 346 346  Slaps total: 12 12
The price to rent a one bedroom is on par with the price of a mortgage. Will this maintain, continue to increase, or will there be a drop in prices soon?
+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #12
ubthegreat 
space
space
Props total: 1746 1 K  Slaps total: 113 113
Atl for the win!
+7   

3 weeks ago '18        #13
STUNT101 
space
space
space
Props total: 2514 2 K  Slaps total: 251 251
That's for college graduates that scored a good job in the city and dont know how to spend their money
+6   

3 weeks ago '12        #14
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 27932 27 K  Slaps total: 2415 2 K
 skillahmang said
I dont get this...

San Fran is no NYC
Silicon Valley

Hundreds of thousands of high wage tech workers, lack of housing in proximity to their jobs + greedy landlords.

Also lots of boomers who’s entire wealth is in their homes who refuse to sell.
+7   

3 weeks ago '13        #15
fit4thethrone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 6413 6 K  Slaps total: 851 851
I live in San Diego and this sh*t is crazy out here I live in the “hood” and pay 2200 a month but like they say you get what you pay for but I’m getting out if this expensive a*s state when this lease up
+10   

3 weeks ago '17        #16
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 89925 89 K  Slaps total: 9559 9 K
 BlaqThum said
Only 60 miles from LA....

My n*gga you had to just move here. Thats like a 2-3 hour drive to LA 6 days out of the week.
+23   

3 weeks ago '15        #17
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 21705 21 K  Slaps total: 3177 3 K
Damn Kanye buying up land in Wyoming doesn't look too bad now
+8   

3 weeks ago '17        #18
space
space
 fit4thethrone said
I live in San Diego and this sh*t is crazy out here I live in the “hood” and pay 2200 a month but like they say you get what you pay for but I’m getting out if this expensive a*s state when this lease up
Where would you go?

I've been thinking about leaving, but to be 100% honest, the rest of the country is mostly garbage. The only other place I can think where I can kinda live the same as I do in LA is NY, which is more expensive.
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #19
space
space
 Holdino said
Damn Kanye buying up land in Wyoming doesn't look too bad now
Yea buy then you'd have to live in Wyoming. All that land and nothing to do

+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #20
space
space
 justin747 said
Yea buy then you'd have to live in Wyoming. All that land and nothing to do

That's where the "Kanye Kult" moves in. Thinking about if Kanye made a grip of apt complexes and got some major chains to move out there and build.... Kanye has the influence, and a lot of dumb men and women will follow he and his wife's lead.
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #21
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 3010 3 K  Slaps total: 205 205
 Eastcoast said
It’s much smaller is more dominated by a high income industry(Tech).

That’s sound horrible imo.
.... in what way?

3 weeks ago '19        #22
swavesurfer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 981 981  Slaps total: 607 607
 Avenger772 said

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – Already known for outrageously high rents, the monthly rent in San Francisco has just hit a whole new level.

According to the latest report from rental website Zumper, the median rent for a one bedroom has reached $3,690, up from $3,580 in January and breaking the previous record of $3,650 set last September.

San Francisco’s median, the highest in the nation, is about 30 percent higher for a one bedroom in New York City, and more than double the rent in Miami.

• ALSO READ: Some Bay Area Communities Centuries Away From Meeting Housing Goals

The rental website noted that rents were rising before several tech companies are expected to file IPOs this year.

“Though there may be a ton of cash flowing through the city and surrounding areas soon, many of these workers will not immediately invest in a home and may, instead, take their money to both travel and upgrade their rental situation,” the website said.

Elsewhere in the Bay Area, San Jose’s median rent for a one-bedroom was $2,540 (5th highest in the country), while in Oakland it was $2,320 (9th highest).

Connie Garske, an executive search recruiter for Silicon Valley companies, rents an 800 square-foot home in Pleasanton. Garkse says even she has explored moving out of the Bay Area just to keep up with rising costs.

“I could even bump up the size of this place and move to the beach and have the kind of lifestyle, for less rent and easier lifestyle, “ said Garske.

Meanwhile, the median rent for a two bedroom in San Francisco is a staggering $4,630 a month.

Mountain View’s median rent for a one bedroom apartment is $3,450 a month. Emeryville’s is $3,050, Milpitas is $2,800 and San Jose is $2,500.

According to Zumper, Redwood City had the fastest growing rent, increasing 15.5 percent since 2018. Palo Alto followed closely behind, with rent climbing 15.3 percent. Oakland came in third place after it saw a rent increase of 12.9 percent since 2018.

Highest One Bedroom Median Rent Prices (Bay Area Locations in bold):

San Francisco ($3,690 / month)
Mountain View ($3,450)
Emeryville ($3,050)
New York City ($2,870)
Milpitas (2,800)
San Jose ($2,540)
Boston ($2,390)
Los Angeles ($2,330)
Oakland ($2,320)
Washington, DC ($2,150)
Seattle ($1,970)
San Diego ($1,910)
Miami ($1,790)
There is no middle class in California
You either rich or homless on cardboard box. Or Pay check away from being homeless

I would live in Oakland if it was cheaper
The town ❤

DC is lame and not worth stress lol

Miami not too bad even if you live in the hood your literally bus ride from south beach.
+10   

3 weeks ago '17        #23
space
space
 Holdino said
That's where the "Kanye Kult" moves in. Thinking about if Kanye made a grip of apt complexes and got some major chains to move out there and build.... Kanye has the influence, and a lot of dumb men and women will follow he and his wife's lead.
Thats Gentrification. If that happens then rent is gonna go up and you're gonna be paying city rent prices to live in fu*king Wyoming

+2   

3 weeks ago '15        #24
space
space
 justin747 said
Thats Gentrification. If that happens then rent is gonna go up and you're gonna be paying city rent prices to live in fu*king Wyoming

Well I didn't say the idea was attractive I am just acknowledging that I see what Mr. West is trying to do
+3   

3 weeks ago '19        #25
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 5928 5 K  Slaps total: 835 835
My lasting memory of going to San Fran as a child was how much it smelled like urine.

Also, the hilarity of charging like $2.50 to use public washrooms. I was there like 5 days and saw multiple homeless people just pee on their public restrooms.
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  29
Dec 9 -These H0es Ain’t Loyal! Ivanka Trump KNEW Christopher Pee Pee Tape Stee..
36 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-41online now  28
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
195 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
Video inside Debbie Allen discusses why Lisa Bonet left "A Different World" - EMMYTV..
79 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+24online now  21
Image(s) inside Adidas Yeezy 700 V3 'Azael'
79 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy