Thousands of Disney+ users claim they were hacked after signing up for new streaming servi

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '04        #1
1406 page views
10 comments

Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29226 29 K  Slaps total: 7519 7 K
Thousands of Disney+ users claim they were hacked after signing up for new streaming servi

Thousands of Disney+ subscribers say they’ve been hacked since signing up for the new streaming service.
Hackers have allegedly already stolen thousands of customer accounts, according to the BBC.
Ten million people signed up for the service since its launch on Nov. 12.
Hours after the service launched, customers reported being locked out of their accounts.
Thousands of accounts were soon for sale on the dark web for as little as $3, according to Zdnet. Disney+ costs $6.99 a month.
The subscriptions available on the dark web show what type of subscription the customer bought (monthly, yearly, bundle with ESPN+, etc), what country the service is based in (it has only launched in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, so far) and when the subscription expires.
Customers who have been locked out of their accounts reported their email addresses and passwords were changed.
Jason Hill, a cybsersecurity researcher, told the BBC many people re-use passwords across websites and accounts, which likely played a large part in this hack.
“Whilst many may consider having a unique password for each online service to be difficult to manage, password managers simplify this process and allow you to generate and securely store unique difficult-to-guess passwords,” he said.
Disney+ does not currently have two-factor authentication, a feature that requires users to answer a prompt on a secondary device when logging in to a website or service.
visit this link https://www.nydailynews.c .. fXEawTSYXVQy-o
+3   

best
worst
10 comments

3 weeks ago '16        #2
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 11761 11 K  Slaps total: 994 994
My sh*t got hacked had to change my pwd...

+3   

3 weeks ago '06        #3
xastey 
space
space
Props total: 4226 4 K  Slaps total: 367 367
Fake news.. Disney+ wasn't hacked.. People that used the same password that have been posted on haveibeenpwned have been hacked.

Also most of the screen shots are from sh*t thats been around.. do the same search for other services. I swear people are fu*king stupid.

Got damn chrome will create AND save a random pass for you.. I did that sh*t for Disney+ and pretty much any new site I signup for. Keep that sh*t sync you dont have to use sh*t. If you need to use it on a non pc/phone then you can view the damn password it auto generated.

People are fu*king stupid. Sorry guy above, I bet you used the same fu*king pass didn't you.

The only fault I can think Disney+ can take is that they didn't have some protection to detect rapid retries or even 3-4 retries within a short time like any normal site that cares about security does.

Like I said.. People are fu*king stupid

(I work in software dev lol)
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
JacobWatch 
space
space
space
Props total: 15703 15 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
Not for nothing everytime I close an app on my firestick it closes with no problem

I went to close Disney + the other day and that sh*t started tripping, had to restart the whole sh*t

3 weeks ago '08        #5
606robin 
space
space
Props total: 8679 8 K  Slaps total: 706 706
You don’t even have to go on DW, for those accounts...
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 3010 3 K  Slaps total: 205 205
 xastey said
Fake news.. Disney+ wasn't hacked.. People that used the same password that have been posted on haveibeenpwned have been hacked.

Also most of the screen shots are from sh*t thats been around.. do the same search for other services. I swear people are fu*king stupid.

Got damn chrome will create AND save a random pass for you.. I did that sh*t for Disney+ and pretty much any new site I signup for. Keep that sh*t sync you dont have to use sh*t. If you need to use it on a non pc/phone then you can view the damn password it auto generated.

People are fu*king stupid. Sorry guy above, I bet you used the same fu*king pass didn't you.

The only fault I can think Disney+ can take is that they didn't have some protection to detect rapid retries or even 3-4 retries within a short time like any normal site that cares about security does.

Like I said.. People are fu*king stupid

(I work in software dev lol)
Damn bro I didn’t even sign up for it and you hurting my feelings lol
+3   

5 days ago '16        #7
locdaplug 
space
space
Props total: 754 754  Slaps total: 115 115
Let me know if y’all need accts lol
+1   

5 days ago '04        #8
KnightOfTears 
space
space
Props total: 1103 1 K  Slaps total: 141 141
These fu*ks are the ones who use one password for everything. Hell, their bank login is probably the same. fu*king idiots.

2 days ago '15        #9
MisterHawkins 
space
space
Props total: 9952 9 K  Slaps total: 966 966
Lol I know who selling the accounts too

2 days ago '06        #10
Celsius 
space
space
Props total: 3322 3 K  Slaps total: 881 881
Bro I’m scared to even access the dark web

2 days ago '13        #11
EL GATO NEGRO 
space
space
Props total: 1008 1 K  Slaps total: 275 275
cheapest i seen them was 2 bucks
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-41online now  39
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
195 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  28
Dec 9 -These H0es Ain’t Loyal! Ivanka Trump KNEW Christopher Pee Pee Tape Stee..
36 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Debbie Allen discusses why Lisa Bonet left "A Different World" - EMMYTV..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+24online now  21
Image(s) inside Adidas Yeezy 700 V3 'Azael'
79 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy