elizabeth banks...stans the charles angels disaster

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+96  45
82 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
28 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '09        #1
2608 page views
46 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 146260 146 K  Slaps total: 18314 18 K
elizabeth banks...stans the charles angels disaster

visit this link https://ew.com/movies/201 .. s-angels-flop/

Elizabeth Banks big-screen Charlies Angels revival didnt just fall from heaven, it crashed (hard) well below box office expectations with a meager $8.6 million in ticket sales over its first three days in wide release. Still, the director-writer-producer-star behind the project says shes nevertheless thrilled to have released the movie at all.

image Well, if youre going to have a flop, make sure your name is on it at least 4x, Banks tweeted Monday, referencing her multi-hyphenate contributions to the project, which stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska as a trio of spies in an action-comedy tale inspired by the 1976 television series of the same name. Im proud of #CharliesAngels and happy its in the world.

Initially projected to gross in the $12-$15 million range over its debut, the film pulled in a small fraction of its production budget (reportedly in the $50 million range) at No. 3 on the domestic chart as Matt Damon and Christian Bale zoomed into first place via Ford v Ferraris $31 million take over the weekend. In addition to the $8.6 million North American estimate, Charlies Angels pulled in another $19.3 million worldwide for a global opening just shy of $28 million.

image I was adamant that there be hugging in the movie, Banks, who also plays Bosley in the film, previously told EW of taking a stab at the iconic series with a female director at the helm for the first time in franchise history. Thats what distinguishes Charlies Angels from James Bond, Jason Bourne, Mission: Impossible. This is what you get to do in the girl version of this movie that draws you in because it feels real. It is real. I cry at work.
+7   

best
worst
46 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '19        #2
93NinetyFour  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3298 3 K  Slaps total: 4715 4 K
 messy marv stan said

Elizabeth Banks big-screen Charlies Angels revival didnt just fall from heaven, it crashed (hard) well below box office expectations with a meager $8.6 million in ticket sales over its first three days in wide release. Still, the director-writer-producer-star behind the project says shes nevertheless thrilled to have released the movie at all.

Well, if youre going to have a flop, make sure your name is on it at least 4x, Banks tweeted Monday, referencing her multi-hyphenate contributions to the project, which stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska as a trio of spies in an action-comedy tale inspired by the 1976 television series of the same name. Im proud of #CharliesAngels and happy its in the world.

Initially projected to gross in the $12-$15 million range over its debut, the film pulled in a small fraction of its production budget (reportedly in the $50 million range) at No. 3 on the domestic chart as Matt Damon and Christian Bale zoomed into first place via Ford v Ferraris $31 million take over the weekend. In addition to the $8.6 million North American estimate, Charlies Angels pulled in another $19.3 million worldwide for a global opening just shy of $28 million.

I was adamant that there be hugging in the movie, Banks, who also plays Bosley in the film, previously told EW of taking a stab at the iconic series with a female director at the helm for the first time in franchise history. Thats what distinguishes Charlies Angels from James Bond, Jason Bourne, Mission: Impossible. This is what you get to do in the girl version of this movie that draws you in because it feels real. It is real. I cry at work.
You in here hating on a female. A female. Think about that for a sec. Mark.

3 weeks ago '17        #3
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 34495 34 K  Slaps total: 3625 3 K
I'm glad she owns her ugly baby

I cry at work.
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '14        #4
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 85205 85 K  Slaps total: 25084 25 K
Those early 2000s Charlie Angels films are what people (looking at you ladies) want now, which is why all this bullsh*t is so funny.

Because Hollywood forgot the fun. It’s all about the message, instead of yuh know the fu*king point.

To entertain me. Those films did that.

Especially the second one. Granted, this sh*t is looney tunes with its physics lol. But these bi*ches know how to put on a show.

Last edited by Doc Logical; 11-18-2019 at 08:30 PM..
+23   

3 weeks ago '05        #5
th4lb 
space
space
Props total: 8146 8 K  Slaps total: 1036 1 K
Don’t think I saw one commercial for this movie
+14   

3 weeks ago '07        #6
Cartel-Clipz 
space
space
Props total: 58835 58 K  Slaps total: 4057 4 K
they failed to advertise this movie. didn't know it was out yet
+18   

3 weeks ago '16        #7
Pyschic 
space
space
Props total: 21269 21 K  Slaps total: 1287 1 K
Didn’t know they made another Charlie Angels .
+10   

3 weeks ago '14        #8
ADthe3rd 
space
space
Props total: 1243 1 K  Slaps total: 150 150
Still gon watch it.

3 weeks ago '15        #9
Deuce2416 
space
space
Props total: 7917 7 K  Slaps total: 831 831
No one asked for this. They keep trying to push that bland a*s lesbian Kristen Stewart to be some kinda star. She’s awful in everything I’ve ever seen her in.
+24   

3 weeks ago '14        #10
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 56593 56 K  Slaps total: 18062 18 K
Ill never root for something to fail just because its helmed by women. Dont even know what that type of existence is like
+11   

3 weeks ago '12        #11
gizzle 
space
space
Props total: 1261 1 K  Slaps total: 175 175
Banks in 40 year old virgin and Zack and Mirri tho
+17   

3 weeks ago '18        #12
RazorRaheem 
space
space
Props total: 140 140  Slaps total: 20 20
I gotta give her the respect because she earned it. She didn’t make excuses she said it bomber and owned it she didn’t blame men or women for not going she just said the film didn’t resonate with audiences and she is taking her L gracefully. Man or Woman I respect anyone who can take defeat and not quit I hope she gets another shot at another film this didn’t stick, but her attitude shows she is tenacious and won’t quit and doesn’t blame others for failure true winning recipe in life good luck to her!
+15   

3 weeks ago '11        #13
xArchangeLx 
space
space
Props total: 2461 2 K  Slaps total: 741 741
I like Elizabeth Banks a lot
This sh*t was a bad idea though
All the feminist bullsh*t is stupid
I hope she bounces back though
+4   

3 weeks ago '15        #14
Fantastic 
space
space
Props total: 8986 8 K  Slaps total: 2744 2 K
 Sphynx said
Ill never root for something to fail just because its helmed by women. Dont even know what that type of existence is like
Its just most of them are trash a*s movies. Not about rooting for them to lose its just overall they are mostly trash.
+7   

3 weeks ago '17        #15
NinetyThree94  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 16749 16 K  Slaps total: 34360 34 K
 Fantastic said
Its just most of them are trash a*s movies. Not about rooting for them to lose its just overall they are mostly trash.
Says the guy that's 1st day for Tyler Perry and Fast & Furious

3 weeks ago '08        #16
Gmengfx 
space
space
Props total: 3314 3 K  Slaps total: 1006 1 K
point to this when women want to be paid the same as men

3 weeks ago '19        #17
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 10364 10 K  Slaps total: 2719 2 K
 messy marv stan said

Well, if youre going to have a flop, make sure your name is on it at least 4x, Banks tweeted Monday, referencing her multi-hyphenate contributions to the project, which stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska as a trio of spies in an action-comedy tale inspired by the 1976 television series of the same name. Im proud of #CharliesAngels and happy its in the world.

I was adamant that there be hugging in the movie, Banks, who also plays Bosley in the film, previously told EW of taking a stab at the iconic series with a female director at the helm for the first time in franchise history. Thats what distinguishes Charlies Angels from James Bond, Jason Bourne, Mission: Impossible. This is what you get to do in the girl version of this movie that draws you in because it feels real. It is real. I cry at work.
They would have made the same ticket sales if they called it Pitch Perfect 4, Charlie's Angels.
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #18
Preacher Mane 
space
space
Props total: 36961 36 K  Slaps total: 2438 2 K
 RazorRaheem said
I gotta give her the respect because she earned it. She didnt make excuses she said it bomber and owned it she didnt blame men or women for not going she just said the film didnt resonate with audiences and she is taking her L gracefully. Man or Woman I respect anyone who can take defeat and not quit I hope she gets another shot at another film this didnt stick, but her attitude shows she is tenacious and wont quit and doesnt blame others for failure true winning recipe in life good luck to her!
She actually did try to low key blame men for this sh*t flopping

+9   

3 weeks ago '04        #19
UF4Soldier 
space
space
Props total: 16418 16 K  Slaps total: 2826 2 K
 Preacher Mane said

Charlies angels was made for men to watch.

Feminist are idiots
+6   

3 weeks ago '18        #20
RazorRaheem 
space
space
Props total: 140 140  Slaps total: 20 20
 Preacher Mane said

I read that this was before the film came out. This quote was from an earlier interview I dont believe she said this after the film I am sure, but if she did that wouldnt look good considering you dont have to reveal your gender to go see a film so how could she lay this all on men?
+2   

3 weeks ago '15        #21
TJSky 23 
space
space
space
Props total: 1883 1 K  Slaps total: 272 272
 RazorRaheem said
I gotta give her the respect because she earned it. She didnt make excuses she said it bomber and owned it she didnt blame men or women for not going she just said the film didnt resonate with audiences and she is taking her L gracefully. Man or Woman I respect anyone who can take defeat and not quit I hope she gets another shot at another film this didnt stick, but her attitude shows she is tenacious and wont quit and doesnt blame others for failure true winning recipe in life good luck to her!

She did blame men thats the funny sh*t
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #22
RileyEsco 
space
space
Props total: 31508 31 K  Slaps total: 249 249
Look, people have to buy tickets to this movie, too. This movie has to make money, she said. If this movie doesnt make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men dont go see women do action movies.

Doesn't matter if it's trash or not, you have to go see it, fellas. Wouldn't want to reinforce those stereotypes.

She wild corny for that. It's been proven time and time again, that a female can successfully pull off the lead in an action flick. If that sh*t only hit $8m, apparently females ain't trying to see that bullsh*t either.
+3   

3 weeks ago '11        #23
Tony Franks 
space
space
Props total: 9368 9 K  Slaps total: 1595 1 K
i like Elizabeth Banks and wanted her movie to do well. I did not plan to see it, but I dont feel like they have been advertising it properly either.
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #24
hummerlife87 
space
space
Props total: 1573 1 K  Slaps total: 325 325
Women be wanting ppl to purchase they sh*t based on the message and not worry about if the product is good . I don’t care if you got a female director ,producer blah blah blah is the sh*t good or not is all men care about and apparently women too.

3 weeks ago '14        #25
Los Pollos 
space
space
Props total: 11636 11 K  Slaps total: 7069 7 K
All of these girl power movies have flopped lately

They still don’t realize that men are their target audience and we don’t give a fu*k about the feminist agenda they’re constantly pushing.
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+49online now  17
Image(s) inside Shaq Shares A Pic Of Him And A Young Rick Ross
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  15
Video inside Switch That Turns GLOCK Into Mini-Machine Gun Showing Up in Chiraq!!!
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+172online now  14
Image(s) inside 80s & Early 90s Babies: Part ii...
211 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-26online now  4
Image(s) inside Eminems has a weak lineup of bodies
303 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy