Biden says he won't legalize marijuana because it may be a 'gateway drug'

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

3 weeks ago '15        #1
1975 page views
96 comments

Putin~Work  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
space
space
Props total: 63495 63 K  Slaps total: 8327 8 K
Biden says he won't legalize marijuana because it may be a 'gateway drug'

Former Vice President Joe Biden defended his reasoning to not legalize marijuana on a federal level if elected president, saying there is not “enough evidence” as to “whether or not it is a gateway drug.”

Speaking at a town hall in Las Vegas on Saturday, the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate said it's still up for debate as to whether the U.S. should legalize cannabis on a federal level as far as he is concerned.

“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” Biden said, according to Business Insider. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”

Biden, as he has throughout the campaign trail, said he supports medical marijuana and insisted possession of the substance "should not be a crime."

But he also said Saturday that he thinks the decision to legalize marijuana should be left up to individual states.

“States should be able to make a judgment to legalize marijuana,” he said at the town hall.

As for legalization on a federal level, Biden said more research is needed.

"It is not irrational to do more scientific investigation to determine, which we have not done significantly enough, whether or not there are any things that relate to whether it's a gateway drug or not," Biden said.

Several of his top Democratic rivals in the race have thrown their support behind legalizing marijuana, which is currently classified as a Schedule 1 substance. The Drug Enforcement Administration defines as drugs “with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.” Other Schedule I drugs include heroin and LSD, among others.

Biden’s campaign previously noted the former vice president would reschedule the substance as a schedule 2 drug to aid in researching its health impacts.

Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) have all said they would make marijuana legal on a federal level if elected president.

visit this link https://thehill.com/homen .. a-gateway-drug
+6   

best
worst
96 comments

3 weeks ago '16        #2
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 15517 15 K  Slaps total: 32873 32 K
Of course it's a "gateway drug."

I would have never tried cocaine if I hadn't first been smoking weed for years, or acid, or anything else considered "harder."

It's not even a debate, and everyone knows that that's the pattern. You don't roll over and start shooting heroin off the bat, but marijuana proponents want to play stupid.

3 weeks ago '16        #3
MadMarlo 
space
space
space
Props total: 7388 7 K  Slaps total: 1190 1 K
Really hope he drops out by March

Dude is the worst lol
+53   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
Jrblack01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1968 1 K  Slaps total: 273 273
Well. There goes his chance
+44   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '19        #5
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 29971 29 K  Slaps total: 20913 20 K

3 weeks ago '10        #6
Black Tuesday 
space
space
Props total: 4492 4 K  Slaps total: 410 410
That’s a good way to fu*k up any chance he had.
+27   

3 weeks ago '05        #7
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 8668 8 K  Slaps total: 808 808
Welp. That’s it for him. He midas whale throw in the towel because dassit.
+20   

3 weeks ago '17        #8
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11514 11 K  Slaps total: 5231 5 K
 MadMarlo said
Really hope he drops out by March

Dude is the worst lol
Why would someone leading the polls drop out?

3 weeks ago '17        #9
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11514 11 K  Slaps total: 5231 5 K
 Daddy Black said
Welp. That’s it for him. He midas whale throw in the towel because dassit.
He's leadingost polls

3 weeks ago '15        #10
T Town84 
space
space
Props total: 5686 5 K  Slaps total: 273 273
Pop and moms smoked weed for about 10 yrs.. Told me that it no longer Did anything for them and sadly this led them to experimenting with crack and getting addicted in the 80's smh...

Grew up with close Friends, and cousins that smokes weed.. A few of them are lacing it, while most of them are casually sniffing, in addition to smoking weed, and taking pills. Never thought I'd see the day smh...

It may not be a gateway for everyone but I'd think it is for most..

3 weeks ago '12        #11
acefresh 
space
space
Props total: 40163 40 K  Slaps total: 3474 3 K
Nicely done. #bernie2020
+4   

3 weeks ago '15        #12
Putin~Work  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10 OP
space
space
Props total: 63495 63 K  Slaps total: 8327 8 K
 T Town84 said
Pop and moms smoked weed for about 10 yrs.. Told me that it no longer Did anything for them and sadly this led them to experimenting with crack and getting addicted in the 80's smh...

Grew up with close Friends, and cousins that smokes weed.. A few of them are lacing it, while most of them are casually sniffing, in addition to smoking weed, and taking pills. Never thought I'd see the day smh...

3 weeks ago '15        #13
TheCompanyMan 
space
space
Props total: 5052 5 K  Slaps total: 722 722
 144000 said

I would have never tried cocaine if I hadn't first been smoking weed for years, or acid, or anything else considered "harder."

It's not even a debate, and everyone knows that that's the pattern. You don't roll over and start shooting heroin off the bat, but marijuana proponents want to play stupid.
So you skipped tobacco and alcohol and jumped straight to weed?

+31   

3 weeks ago '10        #14
Big Louie Guwop 
space
space
Props total: 25831 25 K  Slaps total: 4825 4 K
Ok Boomer
+14   

3 weeks ago '09        #15
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 7086 7 K  Slaps total: 1658 1 K
That sh*t is a gateway drug. Ask anyone who is addicted to anything harder than weed and they'll tell you it started with weed. Nobody smoking crack or shooting up heroin got peer-pressured straight into that sh*t. It all started with weed. But ask anyone who spends $20 every day on weed and it's not a gateway drug at all

We can all agree weed has benefits but we all can also agree it's a gateway drug just like painkillers can be a gateway drug.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 11-17-2019 at 09:01 PM..

3 weeks ago '13        #16
jjwms33 
space
space
space
Props total: 2311 2 K  Slaps total: 562 562
 144000 said

Is Milk a gateway drink to sodas? No dumbass. Milk is easily accessible, babies start drink it earlier than soda because of the accessibility. Weed doesn't k*ll peopl of overdosing. Ofcourse it's something people will try first. Is alcohol a gateway drug as well? People start drinking before other drugs as well. Stupid sh*t
+17   

3 weeks ago '16        #17
space
space
space
 TheCompanyMan said

I'm not playing games with you, you know exactly what we're talking about.

3 weeks ago '16        #18
space
space
space
 jjwms33 said
Is Milk a gateway drink to sodas? No dumbass. Milk is easily accessible, babies start drink it earlier than soda because of the accessibility. Weed doesn't k*ll peopl of overdosing. Ofcourse it's something people will try first. Is alcohol a gateway drug as well? People start drinking before other drugs as well. Stupid sh*t
Yeah whatever

3 weeks ago '19        #19
swizzie36 
space
space
space
Props total: 341 341  Slaps total: 48 48
Some of yall need to smoke. It might help calm the fu*kboy inside of you.
+15   

3 weeks ago '04        #20
Fresh Beats 
space
space
Props total: 8309 8 K  Slaps total: 386 386
It may be a gateway drug to people who use it out of moderation. Same with people who pop pills. That’s why moderation is key.
+4   

3 weeks ago '09        #21
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 7086 7 K  Slaps total: 1658 1 K
 jjwms33 said
You can't compare drinking milk and sodas to smoking weed and crack. Look at how these potheads cling onto anything to justify them smelling like a skunk everywhere they go.

Type of retard to not be able to smell that you smell like weed and people look at you funny on the train

Type of retard to spend his last $20 on a sack of weed to cope with his dumb a*s existence

Type of retard to smoke a roach and burn his finger tips

Type of retard to offer his bully a blunt so he won't whoop your a*s and take your grandpa's chain

Type of retard to work a minimum wage job and sell weed after work

Type of retard that can only socialize if you high

Type of retard that justices getting high cause he's got too much anxiety from being a bi*ch

Type of retard thats gotta get high to function normally at all

Last edited by Zaosyn; 11-17-2019 at 09:11 PM..

3 weeks ago '13        #22
jjwms33 
space
space
space
 T Town84 said

BS. Your parents not being able to find any press back then did not make them start smoking crack bruh. No way your parents out smoked snoop. The mfer be high as fu*k everyday. That excuse they gave you sounds like bs. I have heard of people who snort powder start smoking. It's the same drug tho. Most people tried crack back then because it was the new thing and people didnt know how addictive it was. Not because weed didnt get them high anymore. Two different substances.
+7   

3 weeks ago '18        #23
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
Props total: 21280 21 K  Slaps total: 1989 1 K
I hope he is not the nominee too many of my people rotting away while certain motherfu*kers open dispensaries.
+10   

3 weeks ago '13        #24
jjwms33 
space
space
space
 TheCompanyMan said

Get emmm...
+4   

3 weeks ago '19        #25
space
space
space
Props total: 2878 2 K  Slaps total: 2301 2 K
 144000 said

Devil's advocate. What if weed wasn't classified in the same category of the "hard" drugs? Would you still have sucked d*ck for coke?

As a kid growing up in the dare era i always a*sumed them cops that came to our school were full of sh*t. Then once I smoked weed I knew they were full of sh*t and wondered if they were lying about the smack and dope (never fu*ked with hard drugs though). Naturally it seems grouping a relatively harmless drug like weed with hard drugs will make the normal kid who smokes weed in his teens want to try the other drugs because we were told they were all the same. But what if they start telling the truth that weed ain't like hard drugs? I mean you wasn't blowing men in the alley way for weed right? Just coke?
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-41online now  103
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+30online now  40
Video inside Alot of these big time youtubers gonna have to get jobs starting Dec 10th
122 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+47online now  39
She Crushed My Universe 😢
92 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside Tow Truck Driver Making a Car Repo Goes Wrong in Memphis