Mo'Nique Sues Netflix

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '12        #1
4332 page views
112 comments

UghhFan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
space
space
Props total: 42762 42 K  Slaps total: 3380 3 K
Mo'Nique Sues Netflix

According to T/M/Z

finally taking her accusations against Netflix for discrimination to a court of law ... she's filed a lawsuit.

In the suit, the Oscar-winning actress and comedian accuses Netflix of race-based discrimination for how it negotiated a comedy special with her. She says Netflix offered Amy Schumer $11 million for an hour-long stand-up special (she eventually got $13 mil), but only offered Mo'Nique $500,000 for her stand-up special.

Mo'Nique never accepted their offer, and went on a public campaign against the company and even called for a boycott.

According to the suit, she claims Netflix has a severe lack of diversity, which contributes to their discriminatory practices. Specifically, she claims one Netflix exec. -- the Chief Communications Officer -- used the n-word in a meeting with 60 people in 2018. Mo'Nique was not present for that meeting.

She also claims Netflix allowed Kevin Spacey to use the n-word while on the set of "House of Cards" without any consequence. In the suit, she alleges Spacey complained to his personal security guards, "I don't want [n-words] on my set anymore." She's not suing Spacey.

Mo'Nique also used a major pay gap on the Netflix hit, "The Crown," to illustrate alleged discrimination. She says the actress who plays Queen Elizabeth IIwas paid $14k per episode less than the actor who played Prince Philip -- and it only righted the wrong after there was a public outcry about it.

She's suing Netflix for unspecified damages, and for an injunction forcing the company to change its discriminatory policies.

We've reached out to Netflix and Kevin Spacey for comment.
+5   

best
worst
112 comments

4 weeks ago '14        #2
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 84595 84 K  Slaps total: 24994 24 K
Black fu*kery and racial trash. That's all this n*gga post. Just gaslighting everybody to get TONS of traffic for no fu*king reason.

I want it on record. fu*k you guys.

4 weeks ago '19        #3
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 9079 9 K  Slaps total: 2181 2 K
Let's see if ADOS supports this

4 weeks ago '17        #4
Ifeellikekobe 
space
space
Props total: 39821 39 K  Slaps total: 2392 2 K
Who? She still worrying about this?
+30   

4 weeks ago '12        #5
UghhFan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31 OP
space
space
 Doc Logical said
Black fu*kery and racial trash. That's all this n*gga post. Just gaslighting everybody to get TONS of traffic for no fu*king reason.

I want it on record. fu*k you guys.
nah thats all you focus on which says more about you than anybody else.
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #6
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 1847 1 K  Slaps total: 283 283
+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #7
bqstudios 
space
space
Props total: 7478 7 K  Slaps total: 1653 1 K
Why she think she can get millions for a comedy special??? Aint nobody jumpin out the windoww to see a monique standup in 2019 or 2020. she aint poppin like that. Just sayin, chappel , kevin hart, chris rock all doin pretty good with netflix. "when they see us" was also a great moment , netflix dont seem racist to me. they just all about the money, dont make it about race.
+81   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '19        #8
blessings  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53
space
space
Props total: 12202 12 K  Slaps total: 12797 12 K

lol

4 weeks ago '12        #9
space
space
 bqstudios said
Why she think she can get millions for a comedy special??? Aint nobody jumpin out the windoww to see a monique standup in 2019 or 2020. she aint poppin like that. Just sayin, chappel , kevin hart, chris rock all doin pretty good with netflix. "when they see us" was also a great moment , netflix dont seem racist to me. they just all about the money, dont make it about race.
lol

4 weeks ago '14        #10
space
space
 UghhFan said
nah thats all you focus on which says more about you than anybody else.
*completely sidesteps taking responsibility for CREATING the environment...."for me to focus on"

That says alot about you more than anything else.

4 weeks ago '12        #11
space
space
 Doc Logical said
*completely sidesteps taking responsibility for CREATING the environment...."for me to focus on"

That says alot about you more than anything else.
Im taking that youre slow. AND it shows. Please dont come in here with that fake deep sh*t cause it'll backfire bro. youre talking about "creating a envirnoment when you yourself are guilty of doing the same sh*t. As well as talk down on other and play the dozen which isnt no more then a "field mentality". You partially create your own reality with a click of a button and what you choose to ingest. But youre above it all right. a individual who really above the sh*t wouldnt even entertain it. FOH
+12   

4 weeks ago '04        #12
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 23026 23 K  Slaps total: 2708 2 K
She ain't fooling nobody, she just wants a quick cash infusion from a settlement.
+26   

4 weeks ago '16        #13
BornInvincible  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 41775 41 K  Slaps total: 3080 3 K
Some people boy.

I know it was coming with Monique though.
+5   

4 weeks ago '14        #14
space
space
 UghhFan said
Im taking that youre slow. AND it shows. Please dont come in here with that fake deep sh*t cause it'll backfire bro. youre talking about "creating a envirnoment when you yourself are guilty of doing the same sh*t. As well as talk down on other and play the dozen which isnt no more then a "field mentality". You partially create your own reality with a click of a button and what you choose to ingest. But youre above it all right. a individual who really above the sh*t wouldnt even entertain it. FOH
Uh-oh. Somebody is writing. Paragraaaaaaaaaaaaaphs.

I been there.

Edit: Let me not be rude.

Counterpoint: This is your thread. I can't create anything. I can THINK whatever I want. Sure. But perspective that comes from action friend and like you said. You post history tells EVERYONE what you're about. I am above it. Above you if you wanna take it there.

Why ?

Cause, this is trash with no redeeming quality. What this is, is fu*king nosey gossip.

You want to be here. You want to post trash. You're here to fulfill the choice and obligations you made to yourself.

To do this...

SO. Own it. Dont throw at me. I'm just here to sh*t on it. Cause that's what it deserves.

and you know how the old saying goes.

Last edited by Doc Logical; 11-14-2019 at 12:34 PM..

4 weeks ago '16        #15
space
space
 jsmooth-117 said
She ain't fooling nobody, she just wants a quick cash infusion from a settlement.
Possibly

4 weeks ago '16        #16
space
space
 UghhFan said
All facts.
+7   

4 weeks ago '12        #17
space
space
 BornInvincible said
All facts.
and we seen he doing the same sh*t he accuse me of which is side-step.

youngsters smdh
+2   

4 weeks ago '14        #18
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 99557 99 K  Slaps total: 24488 24 K
Netflix is obviously racist for paying her less than a white woman, and s*xist for paying her less than a black man.

Wanda Sykes says they offered her even less than Monique, so they must be homophobes as well.

Last edited by strungout; 11-14-2019 at 12:39 PM..

4 weeks ago '17        #19
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 28262 28 K  Slaps total: 2521 2 K
Women in general are entitled this isnt shocking
+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #20
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 23026 23 K  Slaps total: 2708 2 K
 BornInvincible said
Possibly
I cant see it being anything else. Netflix has the money to drag this out forever, whereas Monique doesn't. However, Netflix will not want their name tied up in allegations of racism, therefore it would be in their best interest to settle.

This a*sume that Monique's case has merit, and if it does, a settlement should be expected.
+3   

4 weeks ago '14        #21
space
space
 BornInvincible said
All facts.
 UghhFan said
and we seen he doing the same sh*t he accuse me of which is side-step.

youngsters smdh

*Tells me about creating own environment and sidestepping accountability THEN proceeds to do EXACTLY that by finding solace in another poster for a lie he just made up to get his point across*

No this is great. It's right there.

Then calls me youngster, which REALLY makes you think now. Cause I'm 28. SOooooooooooooooooooooo.

He's defending doing EXACTLY what I'm saying he's doing. No, this is wonderful. Spectacular.

4 weeks ago '04        #22
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
Props total: 5512 5 K  Slaps total: 243 243
She’s about to sue the judge and jury too because her case is trash
+11   

4 weeks ago '16        #23
space
space
 kniccalodeon said
Shes about to sue the judge and jury too because her case is trash
True
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #24
Almighty HA 
space
space
Props total: 7497 7 K  Slaps total: 472 472
She lost.

There are about 5 shows that I know of on Netflix right now produced, directed and starring black folks.
+3   

4 weeks ago '08        #25
SlickJ101 
space
space
Props total: 9934 9 K  Slaps total: 2470 2 K
This dumb bi*ch
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  24
How andy ruiz lost anthony joshua rematch!
25 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+25online now  10
Image(s) inside Adidas Yeezy 700 V3 'Azael'
91 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  8
Article inside Ummmmmm The Show Going Multiplat ?
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+31online now  5
It's wild how the rappers young kids really like are dying...
72 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy