The 2020 Cadillac CT4

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

4 weeks ago '06        #1
1819 page views
27 comments

realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 69901 69 K  Slaps total: 3887 3 K
The 2020 Cadillac CT4

+7   

best
worst
27 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 72914 72 K  Slaps total: 4289 4 K
I can't believe this car is replacing the CTS. Even worse is that the new CTS-V is gonna have a humongous 335 horsepower. I swear Cadillac is trying to destroy themselves.

+8   

4 weeks ago '05        #3
supa73 
space
space
space
Props total: 22 22  Slaps total: 10 10
Are these smaller than the cts?

4 weeks ago '04        #4
smurfdoran 
space
space
space
Props total: 639 639  Slaps total: 54 54
 supa73 said
Are these smaller than the cts?
Yes. Seems like it and they slower.
+1   

3 weeks ago '08        #5
ExNihilo 
space
space
Props total: 35610 35 K  Slaps total: 562 562
 Naga Sadow said
I can't believe this car is replacing the CTS. Even worse is that the new CTS-V is gonna have a humongous 335 horsepower. I swear Cadillac is trying to destroy themselves.

It's not. It's replacing the ATS. The CT5 is replacing the CTS.

smurfdoran said
Yes. Seems like it and they slower.
It's not slower and there will be V packages for the 5 and 4.
+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #6
smurfdoran 
space
space
space
 ExNihilo said

Letís get those numbers out of the way. The base engine for the 2020 Cadillac CT4 is a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four with 237 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. The smaller entry-level unit mates up to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Thatís a fairly standard output given the engineís displacement, and itís the same sort of power you get in the XT4 crossover. It makes sense, but the 2.0-liter turbo in the old ATS produced 272 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Then thereís the 2.7-liter turbocharged engine in the CT4 Premium Luxury and V-Series. Cadillac estimates the horsepower for that engine at 309 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque. That is less powerful than the 3.6-liter V6 in the old ATS, which managed 335 horsepower. However, it is torquier, as the old engine only made 285 lb-ft of torque. Even the upcoming Cadillac CT4-V makes 325 horsepower, still less than the old ATS. In fact, itís only 24 horsepower more than a V6-powered Toyota Camry.

Now, we knew about the disappointing numbers with the CT4-V and CT5-V for a little while. After that news broke, Cadillac was quick to point out that there are more powerful ďPlusĒ versions in the works. At any rate, the current power figures are a far cry from the 640 horsepower CTS-V and 464 horsepower ATS-V.

3 weeks ago '14        #7
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 11155 11 K  Slaps total: 1430 1 K
Cadillac is dead.
+6   

3 weeks ago '08        #8
ExNihilo 
space
space
 smurfdoran said
Let’s get those numbers out of the way. The base engine for the 2020 Cadillac CT4 is a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four with 237 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. The smaller entry-level unit mates up to an eight-speed automatic transmission. That’s a fairly standard output given the engine’s displacement, and it’s the same sort of power you get in the XT4 crossover. It makes sense, but the 2.0-liter turbo in the old ATS produced 272 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Then there’s the 2.7-liter turbocharged engine in the CT4 Premium Luxury and V-Series. Cadillac estimates the horsepower for that engine at 309 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque. That is less powerful than the 3.6-liter V6 in the old ATS, which managed 335 horsepower. However, it is torquier, as the old engine only made 285 lb-ft of torque. Even the upcoming Cadillac CT4-V makes 325 horsepower, still less than the old ATS. In fact, it’s only 24 horsepower more than a V6-powered Toyota Camry.

Now, we knew about the disappointing numbers with the CT4-V and CT5-V for a little while. After that news broke, Cadillac was quick to point out that there are more powerful “Plus” versions in the works. At any rate, the current power figures are a far cry from the 640 horsepower CTS-V and 464 horsepower ATS-V.

I've driven both. They're fast. People know when a car feels slows, these don't feel slow.

I work for GM at LGR. I've Driven these as well as the previous V's. Only one I haven't been able to get my hands on is the Blackwing CT6.

Edit - The 5 is nicer than the 4. I drove the sports editions. We just started running a few V's since we came back from the strike.

Last edited by ExNihilo; 11-15-2019 at 07:47 AM..
+3   

3 weeks ago '08        #9
GoldBluded  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 46929 46 K  Slaps total: 4270 4 K
My aunt would love this.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #10
smurfdoran 
space
space
space
 ExNihilo said
I've driven both. They're fast. People know when a car feels slows, these don't feel slow.

I work for GM at LGR. I've Driven these as well as the previous V's. Only one I haven't been able to get my hands on is the Blackwing CT6.

Edit - The 5 is nicer than the 4. I drove the sports editions. We just started running a few V's since we came back from the strike.
I love the front. Just canít get past the back because it looks like a accord or something.
+2   

3 weeks ago '08        #11
ExNihilo 
space
space
 smurfdoran said
I love the front. Just canít get past the back because it looks like a accord or something.
CT4 trunk looks bland imo.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #12
TellyHankton337 
space
space
Props total: 460 460  Slaps total: 131 131
Why can't we have a nice big challenger sized Cadillac coupe 2 door?

3 weeks ago '06        #13
authenic 
space
space
Props total: 3220 3 K  Slaps total: 922 922
 TellyHankton337 said
Cuz there no market for it....if women drivers weren't so bad and needed a suv to feel safe....
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #14
space
space
 ExNihilo said

You're right, my bad. Still the CT4-V is using a turbo charged 4 cylinder that makes 320 HP while the ATS-V makes 464.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #15
space
space
 TellyHankton337 said
Outside of the Challenger nobody buys two door cars.

3 weeks ago '17        #16
space
space
 ExNihilo said

I have a 2016 CTS-V and was hoping the next model improves on interior design and quality and offers a better transmission or better transmission programming. The CT5-V is a huge letdown. How are you gonna go from 640 HP to a measly 355?

+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #17
C.R.I.P. 
space
space
Props total: 11942 11 K  Slaps total: 634 634
Hey i figured it out. I Hate the way the back looks on cadillacs, but this car in particular def needed a softer, more rounded shape back there.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #18
x Tha Arkitek x 
space
space
Props total: 13253 13 K  Slaps total: 1946 1 K
The current Cadillac design language is so uninspired looking...just extremely bland. Take away the vertical LED strip and no one would bat an eye at this car.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #19
Tonero 
space
space
Props total: 6481 6 K  Slaps total: 1971 1 K
Drove the 2012 CTS for about two years.

Pros
Good sound system
Fast
Quiet cabin

Cons
Terrible handling, feels clunky on the highway
Would rattle when slowing down at high speeds
Too many blind spots
Anytime I hit a bump, I would hear some rattling right under the arm rest. This sh*t spooked me so I was glad to get rid of it.

All in all it was a smooth ride

Last edited by Tonero; 11-15-2019 at 10:24 AM..
+3   

3 weeks ago '19        #20
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 5904 5 K  Slaps total: 793 793
Either go electric or keep the HP up...

You're a fu*king luxury brand, Cadillac

3 weeks ago '08        #21
ExNihilo 
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
I have a 2016 CTS-V and was hoping the next model improves on interior design and quality and offers a better transmission or better transmission programming. The CT5-V is a huge letdown. How are you gonna go from 640 HP to a measly 355?

I liked the CTS-V, was looking for a wagon. Still might get one eventually, but I'd pick up an old school first.

The interior is clean but honestly I'm not a huge fan of the haptic feedback stuff, but that's been Cadi's thing for a while. I guess I'm old fashioned and just like buttons

The car seems lighter, and moves great. It doesn't have the raw horse power, but if you're under 100mph the response is similar to the CTS V. I say similar because you can tell it starts to "pull" around 80/85, when I didn't really feel the previous models "pull" until I was around 110/115.

Since GM is placing top priorities on trucks and SUVs (and the car lineup is basically decimated) the only cars you'll see significant HP from are gonna be the Camaro & Corvette.

I'm still waiting to see the next Vette that's gonna be electronic FWD/engine RWD. The 2020 is nice, but I'm a lil too big to feel comfortable in those race bucket seats lol (6'2/280).

The best way to describe the current state of the Big 3 is:
- GM is placing it's bets on SUVs and making less expensive high value brands (Cadi under 40k and Vette under 60K for entry models)
- FCA is giving away HP for the low. Hands down you can get into a high HP Charger or Challenger for cheap
- Ford was in limbo until they acquired RIvian, so they're trying to get the jump on electric vehicles

All 3 get their bread and butter from trucks and SUVs though.

Everyone is pushing towards electric, so I personally don't think we'll see the gas powered engines advancing that much. The HP that electric produces is gonna be crazy. Tesla was first to major market, but with the other automakers jumping in, it should only get better. By 2025 I wouldn't be surprised if we see more vehicles that can do 190mph+ with ease.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #22
space
space
 ExNihilo said
I liked the CTS-V, was looking for a wagon. Still might get one eventually, but I'd pick up an old school first.

The interior is clean but honestly I'm not a huge fan of the haptic feedback stuff, but that's been Cadi's thing for a while. I guess I'm old fashioned and just like buttons

The car seems lighter, and moves great. It doesn't have the raw horse power, but if you're under 100mph the response is similar to the CTS V. I say similar because you can tell it starts to "pull" around 80/85, when I didn't really feel the previous models "pull" until I was around 110/115.

Since GM is placing top priorities on trucks and SUVs (and the car lineup is basically decimated) the only cars you'll see significant HP from are gonna be the Camaro & Corvette.

I'm still waiting to see the next Vette that's gonna be electronic FWD/engine RWD. The 2020 is nice, but I'm a lil too big to feel comfortable in those race bucket seats lol (6'2/280).

The best way to describe the current state of the Big 3 is:
- GM is placing it's bets on SUVs and making less expensive high value brands (Cadi under 40k and Vette under 60K for entry models)
- FCA is giving away HP for the low. Hands down you can get into a high HP Charger or Challenger for cheap
- Ford was in limbo until they acquired RIvian, so they're trying to get the jump on electric vehicles

All 3 get their bread and butter from trucks and SUVs though.

Everyone is pushing towards electric, so I personally don't think we'll see the gas powered engines advancing that much. The HP that electric produces is gonna be crazy. Tesla was first to major market, but with the other automakers jumping in, it should only get better. By 2025 I wouldn't be surprised if we see more vehicles that can do 190mph+ with ease.
Thanks for the insight. I love my CTS-V and I track it a few times a year. My only complaints were the haptic buttons, the interior quality compared to rivals, and it's transmission being dimwitted at times other than that I love love, love this cat. I take it out at 4 or 5 in the morning on Saturday and Sunday just to hit the back roads and have a blast. Plus when my wife takes it she looks so damn s*xy in it.

I'm actually looking for the next Z06 while my brother is getting the regular Vette. If I could fit in my 92 Miata then I feel I can fit in anything. My wife is also waiting to see what the next escalade is like before she makes her decision on a new vehicle.

But thanks again for the info.
+1   

3 weeks ago '08        #23
ExNihilo 
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Thanks for the insight. I love my CTS-V and I track it a few times a year. My only complaints were the haptic buttons, the interior quality compared to rivals, and it's transmission being dimwitted at times other than that I love love, love this cat. I take it out at 4 or 5 in the morning on Saturday and Sunday just to hit the back roads and have a blast. Plus when my wife takes it she looks so damn s*xy in it.

I'm actually looking for the next Z06 while my brother is getting the regular Vette. If I could fit in my 92 Miata then I feel I can fit in anything. My wife is also waiting to see what the next escalade is like before she makes her decision on a new vehicle.

But thanks again for the info.
No prob player.

Current gen Z06's are monsters, so the next gen is gonna be a beast. Those V-series in generals aren't punks. If you're a good driver you can take down damn near anything on the highway. The XTS V was evenly surprisingly smooth. I know you enjoy and probably had a hard time avoiding tickets at first. Whenever I drove em 90mph felt like 55mph until you realize you're going around everyone on the road lol.

CTS V (sedan and wagon) and SS were probably some of my favorite sleepers in recent years. Car people knew what they were pulling up on, but the average guy with a Hemi or BMW would test you and learn quick it ain't for play play
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #24
space
space
 ExNihilo said
No prob player.

Current gen Z06's are monsters, so the next gen is gonna be a beast. Those V-series in generals aren't punks. If you're a good driver you can take down damn near anything on the highway. The XTS V was evenly surprisingly smooth. I know you enjoy and probably had a hard time avoiding tickets at first. Whenever I drove em 90mph felt like 55mph until you realize you're going around everyone on the road lol.

CTS V (sedan and wagon) and SS were probably some of my favorite sleepers in recent years. Car people knew what they were pulling up on, but the average guy with a Hemi or BMW would test you and learn quick it ain't for play play
You never have a problem with tickets if they can't catch you.

But I'm not that much of a hoon. My boys and I try to go to the VIR every year and spend a few days on the track. I've dusted so many cars that were above my weight class because the car is just so fluid and is easy to place where you want it to go. And yeah 640 HP is amazing but the brakes are even better and they don't fade.

I actually saw an older CTS-V wagon for $28k and if it was a manual I would've pulled the trigger right then and there. It's just such an amazing car so I'm hoping the true CTS-V with the big V8 is just as good.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
focused313 
space
space
Props total: 3381 3 K  Slaps total: 420 420
 ExNihilo said

I love when people come in here facts. n*ggas just comment...haven't read an article, watched a youtube video, went to a dealer, nothing...just...start typing.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-38online now  111
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
179 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+44online now  42
She Crushed My Universe 😢
85 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+28online now  32
Video inside Alot of these big time youtubers gonna have to get jobs starting Dec 10th
119 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside Tow Truck Driver Making a Car Repo Goes Wrong in Memphis
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy