Nov 11 - Bernie Sanders Becomes 1st 2020 Presidential Contender to Criticize Bolivian Coup

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '06        #1
1191 page views
28 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
space
space
Props total: 47565 47 K  Slaps total: 7245 7 K
Nov 11 - Bernie Sanders Becomes 1st 2020 Presidential Contender to Criticize Bolivian Coup

"I am very concerned about what appears to be a coup in Bolivia, where the military, after weeks of political unrest, intervened to remove President Evo Morales."

Sen. Bernie Sanders on Monday became the first 2020 Democratic presidential candidate to speak out against Sunday's military coup in Bolivia which saw that country's President Evo Morales forced to resign before going into hiding.

"I am very concerned about what appears to be a coup in Bolivia, where the military, after weeks of political unrest, intervened to remove President Evo Morales," Sanders tweeted. "The U.S. must call for an end to violence and support Bolivia's democratic institutions."

The Vermont senator's comments came after a day of mounting pressure to speak out from his left-wing grassroots movement. Earlier Monday, as Common Dreams reported, Sanders supporter Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) condemned the coup in no uncertain terms.

"The people of Bolivia deserve free, fair, and peaceful elections," said Ocasio-Cortez, "not violent seizures of power."

Sanders' expression of support for Morales was welcomed by supporters.

"By far the biggest difference between Bernie and the rest of the Democratic candidates is how well versed he is in and how much he cares about the type of international left issues that, say, The Nation writes a lot about," said reporter Matthew Zeitlin.

Earlier Monday, Sanders released a new plan to help veterans; held a town hall with veterans in Des Moines, Iowa; and published at Jewish Currents an essay on combatting anti-Semitism.

visit this link https://www.commondreams. .. c-presidential
+8   

best
worst
28 comments

4 weeks ago '10        #2
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 33615 33 K  Slaps total: 4613 4 K
Why have there never been in coups in the US?

[spoiler - click to view]

+8   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '16        #3
Aztlan 
space
space
Props total: 46071 46 K  Slaps total: 6242 6 K
 Bandito said

Yeah seems like this is another US-backed coup.

No way Evo had to steal that election.

4 weeks ago '11        #4
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 113802 113 K  Slaps total: 15981 15 K
fu*k them Bolivians, what is he doing for me?

4 weeks ago '14        #5
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 22392 22 K  Slaps total: 4618 4 K
 Bandito said

Because our sh*t works for everyone who works it...

Thatís why commie lefty bullsh*t always fails. It in itís essence is constructed to reward those who contribute the least. When people have a stake in their own self interests the magic happens.

Thatís what these third world fu*ks will never get.

4 weeks ago '04        #6
bibbyboi 
space
space
Props total: 5092 5 K  Slaps total: 596 596
 FukHowYouFeel said

Thatís why commie lefty bullsh*t always fails. It in itís essence is constructed to reward those who contribute the least. When people have a stake in their own self interests the magic happens.

Morales pulled most of Bolivia out of poverty, so your argument doesn't hold up.

The real thing is if you play nice with US interests, you get to continue, if you don't the US either backs a coup against you or hits you with a ton of sanctions and your country starves.

Look at Saudi and Israel. Terrible human rights violations, but the US still backs them because of the money made off of Saudi and the intelligence given by Israel. Now look at Iran, Venezuela and Bolivia. Sure they aren't perfect, but in comparison to Saudi they're nowhere near as bad, but they don't play nice with US interests and they're constantly demonized in the media.
+18   

4 weeks ago '17        #7
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
space
space
Props total: 41249 41 K  Slaps total: 20352 20 K
Shouts to bernie for caring about human beings
+12   

4 weeks ago '10        #8
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 33615 33 K  Slaps total: 4613 4 K
 FukHowYouFeel said

What are you even talking about?

This has nothing to do with communism. Everything to do with capitalism. Morales wanted to nationalize Bolivia's lithium mines. So the money from the industry stayed in the country. Mines that would use Bolivian workers. Lithium batteries are going to be a main component needed for electric vehicles in the future. Morales was looking out for the workers in those mines. Now, they are going to get some jagoff that licks the CIA's boots and the workers are fu*ked.

It happened to Iran when they wanted to control their country's oil.

It happened in Brazil in 1964 when the military staged a coup against the democratically elected president. That coup was supported by the US State Department and last until 1985. When Brazil held their first elections in over 20 years.

It happened in Venezuela. Let me stop here. Because you seem to lack knowledge about the US involvement in overthrowing democratically elected governments in South America.

Your last sentence really shows that. These people are trying to take control of their own sh*t and use it to their own benefit.
+18   

4 weeks ago '18        #9
BlackBanga 
space
space
Props total: 4638 4 K  Slaps total: 262 262
 FukHowYouFeel said

You should read Confessions of an Economic Hitman. You're being misled by the communism narrative.

Last edited by BlackBanga; 11-12-2019 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Typo
+5   

4 weeks ago '07        #10
Jeet Kune Do 
space
space
Props total: 5680 5 K  Slaps total: 511 511
Team america world police

4 weeks ago '12        #11
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 80673 80 K  Slaps total: 5715 5 K
 Sin said
Hadn't made your dumbass statement for the day quota and came in here with a head full of steam

This aint it n*gga
+7   

4 weeks ago '11        #12
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Hadn't made your dumbass statement for the day quota and came in here with a head full of steam

This aint it n*gga
those bolivians will be alright

Bernie has been making a bunch of statements on foreign countries presidents, too many if you ask me

4 weeks ago '12        #13
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Sin said
those bolivians will be alright

Bernie has been making a bunch of statements on foreign countries presidents, too many if you ask me
You know I lured you in here right. Like you know I'm about to call you out on your bullsh*t talking about Bernie right?

Meanwhile the guy in office has been making tough statements about other presidents then sucking them off when he meets them in person

Its not abnormal for any politician to speak on things happening throughout the world. This invisible glass box some of you expect politicians to sit in has never existed in politics, and never will. I suppose its one of those criticisms people lob at those they don't agree with.

Yet I remember you writing in Jill Stein rather than voting for Trump or Hillary. Look at who has been talking about the Bolivian Coup, even more so than Bernie

bi*ch even leading facebook discussions on it:

Keep that same energy @

Kind of comprises her whole twitter page at this moment lol

Last edited by OldBusiness; 11-12-2019 at 08:31 AM..
+4   

4 weeks ago '11        #14
space
space
 OldBusiness said
You know I lured you in here right. Like you know I'm about to call you out on your bullsh*t talking about Bernie right?

Meanwhile the guy in office has been making tough statements about other presidents then sucking them off when he meets them in person

Its not abnormal for any politician to speak on things happening throughout the world. This invisible glass box some of you expect politicians to sit in has never existed in politics, and never will. I suppose its one of those criticisms people lob at those they don't agree with.

Yet I remember you writing in Jill Stein rather than voting for Trump or Hillary. Look at who has been talking about the Bolivian Coup, even more so than Bernie

bi*ch even leading facebook discussions on it:

Keep that same energy @

Kind of comprises her whole twitter page at this moment lol
that bi*ch is crazy, I should have vote for Gary Johnson
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #15
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Sin said
ahahahahahahah

You're a fu*king fool, i'm dying. This legitimately made me laugh out loud
+3   

4 weeks ago '11        #16
space
space
 OldBusiness said
ahahahahahahah

You're a fu*king fool, i'm dying. This legitimately made me laugh out loud
I miss the days when the loser went away for years, when trump done in office he's probably going to start a TV network just to criticize everyone

if bernie was the candidate I would have voted for him

4 weeks ago '17        #17
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
Props total: 34765 34 K  Slaps total: 8101 8 K
 Sin said
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #18
DatKidDex 
space
space
Props total: 802 802  Slaps total: 189 189
 Bandito said

The only coup on American soil occurred in Wilmington, NC
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #19
RIPrjacks23 
space
space
space
Props total: 8680 8 K  Slaps total: 1062 1 K
 FukHowYouFeel said

That’s why commie lefty bullsh*t always fails. It in it’s essence is constructed to reward those who contribute the least. When people have a stake in their own self interests the magic happens.

That’s what these third world fu*ks will never get.
This is what drinking all the koolaid looks like folks, also typical MAGA speak....gat damn boy you all in the matrix without a clue..
+3   

4 weeks ago '14        #20
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 RIPrjacks23 said
This is what drinking all the koolaid looks like folks, also typical MAGA speak....gat damn boy you all in the matrix without a clue..
On the contrary, fam. America has been great is what It saying.

Never voted for 45. Voted for 44 twice. I don’t fit in some box they tell me to...

Pro smoke, pro choke,
Anti-broke, conservative liberal
Left-wing slangin', right-wing hangin'
In criminal court, it's civil.

Every aspect of my life is in a positive state. You wanna talk about koolaid and matrixes and red and blue pills and sh*t...

Bro if you spent a day in my life, trust me you’d drink whatever it is too.

You need to think more critically and for yourself. Neither side is on YOUR side. I’m not asking you to like the way the world is setup, I’m suggesting you accept it, learn it and apply it and get on the working side of it.

I’m 32, financially independent and healthy. I don’t really know what one of you dudes could tell me I haven’t already figured out, a*sessed, and discarded or used to my advantage.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 11-12-2019 at 10:59 AM..

4 weeks ago '15        #21
40 acres 
space
space
Props total: 9717 9 K  Slaps total: 1467 1 K
 Sin said
n*ggas slap your post but itís the truth. We voting for a Us president. Tired of presidents choosing foreign issues over taking care of the home front.
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #22
JosethaHustler 
space
space
Props total: 4891 4 K  Slaps total: 653 653
Ah... there was a plot for a coup in the USA.

The problem was the man picked to lead the coup was a real hero warrior that loved America and he warned the President and the US citizens about it.

Happy Belated Birthday Marines!!!
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #23
RIPrjacks23 
space
space
space
Props total: 8680 8 K  Slaps total: 1062 1 K
 FukHowYouFeel said
On the contrary, fam. America has been great is what It saying.

Never voted for 45. Voted for 44 twice. I don’t fit in some box they tell me to...

Pro smoke, pro choke,
Anti-broke, conservative liberal
Left-wing slangin', right-wing hangin'
In criminal court, it's civil.

Every aspect of my life is in a positive state. You wanna talk about koolaid and matrixes and red and blue pills and sh*t...

Bro if you spent a day in my life, trust me you’d drink whatever it is too.

You need to think more critically and for yourself. Neither side is on YOUR side. I’m not asking you to like the way the world is setup, I’m suggesting you accept it, learn it and apply it and get on the working side of it.

I’m 32, financially independent and healthy. I don’t really know what one of you dudes could tell me I haven’t already figured out, a*sessed, and discarded or used to my advantage.
I don't believe you, the entire post is MAGA talk and you want me to believe you're anything other than that, please son. I know MAGA talk when I see it all the other BS you wrote is just that, BS, same damn phrases and talking points in your response as well...save it, I don't believe it..

4 weeks ago '14        #24
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 RIPrjacks23 said
I don't believe you, the entire post is MAGA talk and you want me to believe you're anything other than that, please son. I know MAGA talk when I see it all the other BS you wrote is just that, BS, same damn phrases and talking points in your response as well...save it, I don't believe it..
You can believe or not believe it at your own detriment. That’s sort of the point.

I’d imagine there’s quite a lot in your life you believe that doesn’t serve you. I see it daily on here from dudes.

4 weeks ago '05        #25
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 10705 10 K  Slaps total: 2763 2 K
 Bandito said

+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Video inside Lord jamar :: "If that man never took lucid dream royalties, juice wou..
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-38online now  25
Video inside Lizzo the rapper has a mental breakdown after internet backlash
323 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+143online now  7
Image(s) inside Most iconic timberlands are about to release