Common Speaks On Teacher Who Dressed As Him In Blackface

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '18        #1
3816 page views
89 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 24952 24 K  Slaps total: 1233 1 K
Common Speaks On Teacher Who Dressed As Him In Blackface

"MILPITAS, CA – Paparazzi recently caught up with Common to inquire about a Bay Area teacher who used blackface to imitate the legendary Chicago MC for Halloween.

Common told TMZ his first thought was, “What makes you think you can go up there and do that?”

A video of the offensive costume was posted on Twitter last Friday (November 1). The clip quickly went viral and was met with heavy criticism.

The Milpitas High School engineering teacher, a white man named David Carter, faced immediate backlash for the offensive blackface costume and was placed on administrative leave following the incident.

While speaking to paparazzi, Common explained the moment presents an opportunity to start looking at changes in education.

“I think we need to look at the teacher, the administration and the people that we have leading our children in classrooms and make sure they are fully equipped not just with academic things, but also have emotional intelligence and understanding,” he said. “Maybe that’s something that we start implementing in our schools.”

He added he would like to have a heart-to-heart with the educator to let him know how harmful his costume was.

“Blackface lacks understanding of what black and brown people go through,” he said. “I believe in forgiveness, understanding, and compassion to the point where I’m willing to sit and talk with the individual and also bring others who can dig deeper into the education of what blackface has come from.”

visit this link https://www.tmz.com/video .. 07-0-hxdbwlp7/

Carter, the engineering teacher, issued a formal apology during an interview with NBC Bay Area on Thursday (November 7).

Although Carter was remorseful, he still appeared to be defensive of the controversy. He called old school minstrel shows “high art,” comparing the vintage performances to opera before apologizing for his actions.

“I recognize my mistake,” he said to NBC Bay Area anchor Robert Handa. “I ask anybody who has been adversely affected by this, and that’s a lot of people, to give me another chance because my heart is in the right place.”

Carter is reportedly still on administrative leave pending an investigation by the Milpitas Unified School district."

visit this link https://hiphopdx.com/news .. m-in-blackface
+3   

best
worst
89 comments

1 week ago '15        #2
Veggie Burgers 
space
space
Props total: 9253 9 K  Slaps total: 643 643
fu*k him. He's an educator so in theory he should be quite intelligent. Obviously he wasn't ignorant about the history of blackface or how harmful his depiction would be so all in all he's just an a**hole. He should be fired but he'll probably just shed a few crocodile tears, be suspended a week or two and then go on with his life.
+26   

1 week ago '17        #3
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22599 22 K  Slaps total: 908 908
Common played the ultimate defense to protect his corporate and political partnerships.

I'm happy for Common today, I remember the Water for Chocolate & Rawkus days when he wasnt getting his due as an elite emcee. I just hate that he seems so compromised in exchange for his deserved success.
+36   

1 week ago '15        #4
ThatGuy247 
space
space
Props total: 1534 1 K  Slaps total: 151 151
 O1as said
Man fu*k all that another chance sh*t, this lying a*s cracker told his students he was gonna do it before he did it and his black students told him not to wear blackface because it was extremely offensive. So that proves his heart wasn't in the right place it was in a racist place. Common must be really ill informed to actually wanna sit down with this bigot and talk to him, how about Common talk to the students that told their racist a*s teacher to not offend them by wearing blackface. I bet once this evil a*s racist gets fired he won't do that sh*t again. fu*k outta here with that bullsh*t.

Of you didn't know Common has been on that "love racism away" wave for close to the last decade????
+15   

1 week ago '14        #5
baskeeyacht 
space
space
Props total: 19280 19 K  Slaps total: 3545 3 K
Yet the democrat governor of Virginia that dressed in blackface and full kkk wardrobe still maintains employment and Trudeau of Canada still got Obama’s endorsement and actually gets re-elected for it

Last edited by baskeeyacht; 11-09-2019 at 09:47 AM..
+17   

1 week ago '15        #6
Shifty 
space
space
space
Props total: 6028 6 K  Slaps total: 1097 1 K
I bet Common loves to get his head palmed.

1 week ago '16        #7
Proveone 
space
space
space
Props total: 10021 10 K  Slaps total: 891 891
Man the memo went out like 15yrs ago, that sh*t ain't cool. ANYBODY doing that sh*t no knows better.

+25   

1 week ago '19        #8
Johnny Drama 
space
space
Props total: 2920 2 K  Slaps total: 2554 2 K
Only spastics think this is racist

1 week ago '16        #9
postemupndunkit 
space
space
Props total: 31970 31 K  Slaps total: 4992 4 K
Teacher should lose his career
+9   

1 week ago '07        #10
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
space
space
Props total: 110959 110 K  Slaps total: 11758 11 K
 1Oh said
Common played the ultimate defense to protect his corporate and political partnerships.

I'm happy for Common today, I remember the Water for Chocolate & Rawkus days when he wasnt getting his due as an elite emcee. I just hate that he seems so compromised in exchange for his deserved success.
Well said g, all facts...

+4   

1 week ago '10        #11
SpEkTeR187 
space
space
Props total: 3939 3 K  Slaps total: 2877 2 K
But it's alright for snoop dog to paint himself up like a white man and mock and generalize white people.

Last edited by SpEkTeR187; 11-09-2019 at 10:06 AM..

1 week ago '06        #12
jaycee 
space
space
space
Props total: 2299 2 K  Slaps total: 898 898
Another black dude offended by a white guy

1 week ago '12        #13
Mavs In 4 
space
space
Props total: 3785 3 K  Slaps total: 970 970
I’d love for him to try this at an inner city school.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #14
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9846 9 K  Slaps total: 1792 1 K
That cracker is trippin.......... watch the vid. Lol!!
+7   

1 week ago '09        #15
59fifty 
space
space
Props total: 26103 26 K  Slaps total: 4507 4 K
I’m even more offended on how he was talking...why do ppl think we talk like that...I was playing that video of the brother who was getting harassed while throwing away his trash and dude at my job was like is the guy black...I’m like yeah and he was dumbfounded like really he don’t sound black, why he talking like that
+11   

1 week ago '05        #16
youngvito18 
space
space
Props total: 10202 10 K  Slaps total: 2525 2 K
Here's my question

Did dude need blackface to be common

Common is mix or super light skin, this teacher could have just wire some common sh*t, Drew a goutee and wore one of those hats and people would have understood...why was the blackface necessary to be common
+13   

1 week ago '19        #17
back 
space
space
space
Props total: 353 353  Slaps total: 52 52
the new game.. get lifted up into a new tax bracket when you publicly shame melanin rich people
+1   

1 week ago '04        #18
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 50152 50 K  Slaps total: 9700 9 K
Bad judgment, terminate his career
+1   

1 week ago '04        #19
WhoThaFuk 
space
space
Props total: 1757 1 K  Slaps total: 95 95
“High art?” Stop dressing in blackface weirdos. It’s not a compliment; there’s no positivity to be gained. So why do it?
+12   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '19        #20
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 23387 23 K  Slaps total: 14836 14 K

1 week ago '15        #21
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 18129 18 K  Slaps total: 1729 1 K
 SpEkTeR187 said
But it's alright for snoop dog to paint himself up like a white man and mock and generalize white people.
Snoop definitely hurting and putting out a horrible message by doing that.

You know the history of white face and how they use it in a negative light to imitate white ppl as uneducated low class citizens and all. They are still artifacts of white ppl over exaggerated with big red lips and literally the color white.

Oh wait no there isn’t...
+25   

1 week ago '04        #22
Wizzarino 
space
space
Props total: 6221 6 K  Slaps total: 507 507
 youngvito18 said
Here's my question

Did dude need blackface to be common

Common is mix or super light skin, this teacher could have just wire some common sh*t, Drew a goutee and wore one of those hats and people would have understood...why was the blackface necessary to be common
Facts, a Common outfit, goatee, and maybe some freckles would've sold it well enough...

This guy was clearly looking for the attention...

+2   

1 week ago '04        #23
ddash 
space
space
Props total: 11152 11 K  Slaps total: 609 609
 59fifty said
I’m even more offended on how he was talking...why do ppl think we talk like that...I was playing that video of the brother who was getting harassed while throwing away his trash and dude at my job was like is the guy black...I’m like yeah and he was dumbfounded like really he don’t sound black, why he talking like that
this,sh*t was so corny and cringeworthy.Pure clown sh*t

The hell was he thinking
+2   

1 week ago '17        #24
FreeSmoke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 15862 15 K  Slaps total: 4874 4 K
Didn't read but from comments I'm guessing he China'd out n went wid the okie doke

Smh

1 week ago '18        #25
ChrisPartlowFro 
space
space
Props total: 7391 7 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
 baskeeyacht said
Yet the democrat governor of Virginia that dressed in blackface and full kkk wardrobe still maintains employment and Trudeau of Canada still got Obama’s endorsement and actually gets re-elected for it

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+43online now  33
Image(s) inside Can this brand make a comeback?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Midsommar is fu-king terrifying.
93 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+26online now  14
Fired 2K employee hacks WWE 2K Facebook page
83 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
-23online now  12
Video inside 8 Rappers that are From the Suburbs