GxFR - Who Is the Best Member of Griselda❓

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
310 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

5 days ago '18        #1
3057 page views
179 comments

iTrapStill 
space
space
Props total: 1567 1 K  Slaps total: 414 414
GxFR - Who Is the Best Member of Griselda❓

the answer is every member of Griselda.

Westside Gunn

Westside Gunn is the best member of Griselda for a handful of pertinent reasons: His voice, his “doot doot doot” ad-libs, his passion for fine art, and his unwavering confidence in himself and his crew. In an era where upcoming rappers sound like offspring of the big three (Drake, K Dot and Cole) Westside Gunn has an unmistakable tone and cadence. Besides, if you ask Gunn, he’s already classic. Fans see Gunn as the figurehead of Griselda. In that breath, Gunn takes his role seriously, always big-upping the crew and talking about his vision for Griselda to be in the same pantheon of hip-hop as Wu-Tang and Mobb Deep.

Aside from his sincerity, Gunn is also the best curator of the Griselda gang. While the collected Griselda discography runs deep, Gunn’s albums feature the most airtight structure, pulse, and dynamic movement. Gunn has an excellent ear for production and pacing. He understands the way a record has to swell and break to keep his audience engaged. Look no further than the chandelier crash of an album that is Supreme Blientele, his high art opus. Each move Gunn makes on Blientele is with the next 10 in mind. With that, Gunn’s albums come together as perfectly crafted bodies of work, not just collections of dope tracks.

That patented mix of grime and opulence further extends to Gunn's ear for production. Every beat he picks sounds like money. His flows move with the music, as fluid and nasty as sewer water in July. From FlyGod to Supreme Blientele, Westside Gunn brings a unique, lively spark to every project he crafts. He sounds excited to be here, and that excitement is infectious

Benny The Butcher

How can anyone beat out Benny The motherfu*king Butcher? There’s so much power to his announcing, “The Butcher coming, n***a” at the top of a track. Benny’s gruff vocal and gruesome pen game make him the best member of the Griselda gang. Benny’s boasts are full-bodied and always in the realm of reality. Like any good writer, Benny writes about what he knows, resurrecting his past street tales in vivid detail. His bars not only bring coke raps to an urgent life, but they also remind us that coke raps will never die. Not to mention, on his latest project, The Plugs I Met, Benny was essentially knighted by the patron saint of coke raps, Pusha-T.

We have to award Benny The Butcher the crown because he makes EPs feel like albums, and albums feel like epics. The Plugs I Met packs more fearsome punch and awe than most triple-A releases this year. The layers and allusions to previous work make the EP out to be a discography staple and not a repackaging of throw-aways. There’s also Benny’s incredible work ethic. He recorded “a whole album in two days with Westside and Conway” before jumping into a full project with Smoke DZA. The Butcher is coming, and The Butcher is unstoppable

Benny The Butcher makes stoicism an artform. What else would you expect from someone who calls themselves “The Butcher”? He knows when and where to direct his energy. Every bar is a jab to the ribs, a pointed and earned slice of dope boy wisdom that doesn’t go to waste. Holding his own with veteran dope boys Black Thought and Pusha-T on the same project should be all the proof we need.
Over the past few years, Benny has proven to be the most well-rounded member of the Griselda Gang. His bars are fierce, his technique is solid, and his perspective is clear and cutting. Crafting an EP like The Plugs I Met to have the same impact as a full-length project like Tana Talk 3 is no small feat. Neither is stealing the show from his flamboyant cousin Westside Gunn on three separate features on Supreme Blientele. It’s all in a day’s work for The Butcher

Conway The Machine

I mean, come on, he’s called “The Machine” for a reason. Just listen to his gnashing delivery, his admirable ear for horrifying beats, and allow your skin to crawl at the sight of his ghastly writing. Conway does not busy himself with long-winded metaphors or overwrought imagery. As a writer, he gets to the chilling heart of the matter. Take the opener, “Devil’s Work,” from 2018’s BLAKK TAPE, where Conway calmly recites: “Raised up by our granny, sleep on the floor in the living room / Seen my man mama puttin’ the lighter to a dinner spoon.” There is no sensationalism here, Conway is merely a reporter on the scene. For that reason alone, we must admire him.

Conway The Machine’s face is half-paralyzed, and yet, he spits better than a majority of the rappers in his peer group. His delivery is crushing and absolute. Conway positively mauls every beat he finds. Nothing stands between him and his passion for music, as well as his passion for his brothers in Griselda. He’s the street-dreams everyman we’ve all been waiting for. As Conway told us earlier this year, “We ain’t playing. We at everybody’s neck. Foot on neck season!”

The fact that Conway The Machine is rapping at all is nothing short of miraculous. A bullet to the back of the head paralyzed half of his face and almost ended his life in 2012; but, like Supreme prices, he rises. There’s a confidence in Conway’s voice that’s undeniable. “My sh*t is album of the year, and it ain’t even out,” he shouts on “Brutus,” and I’ll take him at his word every time.
More than anything, Conway values technique. His use of slant rhymes and stilted bars make for a flow that is both vicious and understated, striking like a cobra. He keeps you off-balance but invested.

Last edited by iTrapStill; 11-07-2019 at 10:04 PM..
+53   

best
worst
179 comments

5 days ago '07        #2
240ka 
space
space
Props total: 11578 11 K  Slaps total: 3176 3 K
Benny
+42   

5 days ago '04        #3
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9729 9 K  Slaps total: 1786 1 K
The one that shines the most is Benny he is nice. the one who spits that raw sh*t is Conway he is the beast of that crew, hands down n*gga. The back bone and master mind of that crew is West Side Gunn, period. Together they are unstoppable musically.

Last edited by marcchrome; 11-07-2019 at 10:14 PM..
+43   

5 days ago '04        #4
Juicy "J" 
space
space
Props total: 7650 7 K  Slaps total: 458 458

I knew I seen this a few months ago

Last edited by Juicy "J"; 11-07-2019 at 10:18 PM..
+5   

5 days ago '10        #5
Alerts 
space
space
Props total: 7308 7 K  Slaps total: 2539 2 K
Tough decision

5 days ago '05        #6
ondareal 
space
space
Props total: 3010 3 K  Slaps total: 313 313
Benny got my vote.
+12   

5 days ago '04        #7
space
space
 iTrapStill said
the answer is every member of Griselda.

Westside Gunn

Westside Gunn is the best member of Griselda for a handful of pertinent reasons: His voice, his “doot doot doot” ad-libs, his passion for fine art, and his unwavering confidence in himself and his crew. In an era where upcoming rappers sound like offspring of the big three (Drake, K Dot and Cole) Westside Gunn has an unmistakable tone and cadence. Besides, if you ask Gunn, he’s already classic. Fans see Gunn as the figurehead of Griselda. In that breath, Gunn takes his role seriously, always big-upping the crew and talking about his vision for Griselda to be in the same pantheon of hip-hop as Wu-Tang and Mobb Deep.

Aside from his sincerity, Gunn is also the best curator of the Griselda gang. While the collected Griselda discography runs deep, Gunn’s albums feature the most airtight structure, pulse, and dynamic movement. Gunn has an excellent ear for production and pacing. He understands the way a record has to swell and break to keep his audience engaged. Look no further than the chandelier crash of an album that is Supreme Blientele, his high art opus. Each move Gunn makes on Blientele is with the next 10 in mind. With that, Gunn’s albums come together as perfectly crafted bodies of work, not just collections of dope tracks.

That patented mix of grime and opulence further extends to Gunn's ear for production. Every beat he picks sounds like money. His flows move with the music, as fluid and nasty as sewer water in July. From FlyGod to Supreme Blientele, Westside Gunn brings a unique, lively spark to every project he crafts. He sounds excited to be here, and that excitement is infectious

Benny The Butcher

How can anyone beat out Benny The motherfu*king Butcher? There’s so much power to his announcing, “The Butcher coming, n***a” at the top of a track. Benny’s gruff vocal and gruesome pen game make him the best member of the Griselda gang. Benny’s boasts are full-bodied and always in the realm of reality. Like any good writer, Benny writes about what he knows, resurrecting his past street tales in vivid detail. His bars not only bring coke raps to an urgent life, but they also remind us that coke raps will never die. Not to mention, on his latest project, The Plugs I Met, Benny was essentially knighted by the patron saint of coke raps, Pusha-T.

We have to award Benny The Butcher the crown because he makes EPs feel like albums, and albums feel like epics. The Plugs I Met packs more fearsome punch and awe than most triple-A releases this year. The layers and allusions to previous work make the EP out to be a discography staple and not a repackaging of throw-aways. There’s also Benny’s incredible work ethic. He recorded “a whole album in two days with Westside and Conway” before jumping into a full project with Smoke DZA. The Butcher is coming, and The Butcher is unstoppable

Benny The Butcher makes stoicism an artform. What else would you expect from someone who calls themselves “The Butcher”? He knows when and where to direct his energy. Every bar is a jab to the ribs, a pointed and earned slice of dope boy wisdom that doesn’t go to waste. Holding his own with veteran dope boys Black Thought and Pusha-T on the same project should be all the proof we need.
Over the past few years, Benny has proven to be the most well-rounded member of the Griselda Gang. His bars are fierce, his technique is solid, and his perspective is clear and cutting. Crafting an EP like The Plugs I Met to have the same impact as a full-length project like Tana Talk 3 is no small feat. Neither is stealing the show from his flamboyant cousin Westside Gunn on three separate features on Supreme Blientele. It’s all in a day’s work for The Butcher

Conway The Machine

I mean, come on, he’s called “The Machine” for a reason. Just listen to his gnashing delivery, his admirable ear for horrifying beats, and allow your skin to crawl at the sight of his ghastly writing. Conway does not busy himself with long-winded metaphors or overwrought imagery. As a writer, he gets to the chilling heart of the matter. Take the opener, “Devil’s Work,” from 2018’s BLAKK TAPE, where Conway calmly recites: “Raised up by our granny, sleep on the floor in the living room / Seen my man mama puttin’ the lighter to a dinner spoon.” There is no sensationalism here, Conway is merely a reporter on the scene. For that reason alone, we must admire him.

Conway The Machine’s face is half-paralyzed, and yet, he spits better than a majority of the rappers in his peer group. His delivery is crushing and absolute. Conway positively mauls every beat he finds. Nothing stands between him and his passion for music, as well as his passion for his brothers in Griselda. He’s the street-dreams everyman we’ve all been waiting for. As Conway told us earlier this year, “We ain’t playing. We at everybody’s neck. Foot on neck season!”

The fact that Conway The Machine is rapping at all is nothing short of miraculous. A bullet to the back of the head paralyzed half of his face and almost ended his life in 2012; but, like Supreme prices, he rises. There’s a confidence in Conway’s voice that’s undeniable. “My sh*t is album of the year, and it ain’t even out,” he shouts on “Brutus,” and I’ll take him at his word every time.
More than anything, Conway values technique. His use of slant rhymes and stilted bars make for a flow that is both vicious and understated, striking like a cobra. He keeps you off-balance but invested.

+11   

5 days ago '04        #8
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 49873 49 K  Slaps total: 9655 9 K
they all got their own styles and perks, that makes Griselda a force

as far as the best mcee, Benny is the best spitter period, his sh*t more embodying and vivid and hits you the hardest

Conway just nonchalant and is a beast, he spits his sh*t and stays in his lane

Wsg makes the best projects and produces the best artist content over all of them, he's the blueprint/ head and body of Griselda
+24   

5 days ago '04        #9
space
space
 Adwerdz said
they all got their own styles and perks, that makes Griselda a force

as far as the best mcee, Benny is the best spitter period, his sh*t more embodying and vivid and hits you the hardest

Conway just nonchalant and is a beast, he spits his sh*t and stays in his lane

Wsg makes the best projects and produces the best artist content over all of them, he's the blueprint/ head and body of Griselda

+7   

5 days ago '06        #10
new2hiphop 
space
space
space
Props total: 44284 44 K  Slaps total: 3103 3 K
This is a very tough choice. You would say it’s benny but it’s actually wsg,the concepts the fashion the album art the vivid imagery. He is the glue that holds it all together.
But Griselda is literally an all star team.
They did what slaughter house couldn’t with nothing.

Honorable mention is darringer he made there sound unique
+13   

Top 10 most propped recently  5 days ago '19        #11
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 21641 21 K  Slaps total: 13377 13 K

Last edited by Big Tymerz; 11-07-2019 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Old
+15   

5 days ago '04        #12
space
space
 new2hiphop said
This is a very tough choice. You would say it’s benny but it’s actually wsg,the concepts the fashion the album art the vivid imagery. He is the glue that holds it all together.
But Griselda is literally an all star team.
They did what slaughter house couldn’t with nothing.

Honorable mention is darringer he made there sound unique

+4   

5 days ago '12        #13
Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 33476 33 K  Slaps total: 1582 1 K
Benny got the nicest pen game out of the crew, Top 5 right now in the game.
+7   

5 days ago '06        #14
Lil Wayne 
space
space
Props total: 22535 22 K  Slaps total: 8851 8 K
Benny, the rest of them dudes are trash. I cant make it through a single verse, much less a song or album. Garbage

5 days ago '16        #15
TrillSp 
space
space
Props total: 12427 12 K  Slaps total: 1399 1 K
The Butcher unquestionably
+5   

5 days ago '16        #16
TrillSp 
space
space
 Gramz said
Benny got the nicest pen game out of the crew, Top 5 right now in the game.
Fact and I stand on it
+2   

5 days ago '16        #17
TrillSp 
space
space
“I heard they sick about me rapping ‘bout the drugs I stretch / I’ma write a whole album ‘bout the plugs I met” ������
+14   

5 days ago '15        #18
TheTrollPole 
space
space
Props total: 3890 3 K  Slaps total: 594 594
It’s the Machine bi*ch
+8   

5 days ago '05        #19
Scorpz 
space
space
Props total: 39357 39 K  Slaps total: 3133 3 K
RJ Payne n Benny holding it down..

+5   

5 days ago '16        #20
slummy 
space
space
Props total: 5114 5 K  Slaps total: 89 89

+2   

5 days ago '16        #21
slummy 
space
space
Props total: 5114 5 K  Slaps total: 89 89
My answer is

He set the wave, the defacto leader and visionary of the trio. I love all three to be honest but i play Westside's albums more than Conway and Benny's
+14   

5 days ago '11        #22
KING JAYY 
space
space
Props total: 31146 31 K  Slaps total: 12398 12 K
benny by a mile, he nicer than conway

and westside gunn is terrible

5 days ago '17        #23
CongoDaFlare 
space
space
Props total: 162 162  Slaps total: 29 29
 ondareal said
Benny got my vote.
Agreed
+2   

5 days ago '16        #24
Shawn324 
space
space
space
Props total: 3076 3 K  Slaps total: 424 424
Jojo Simmons hands down
+5   

5 days ago '04        #25
Skilllz 
space
space
Props total: 10565 10 K  Slaps total: 1115 1 K
Easily Benny
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Lil reese reportedly shot
326 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+32online now  14
Video inside Abandoned Japanese Billionaire 200,000,000 Mansion w/ Everything Left B..
69 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+107online now  5
A$AP Rocky ain’t tell a single lie
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Rip bad azz