Oct 21 - Halley’s Comet Will Bring Meteors To Earth In Tonight’s Orionid Meteor Shower

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
34 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '05        #1
2845 page views
65 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 62631 62 K  Slaps total: 4750 4 K
Oct 21 - Halley’s Comet Will Bring Meteors To Earth In Tonight’s Orionid Meteor Shower

One of the best meteor showers of the fall will peak tonight and will streak across the night sky every hour.

Since the skies will be clear, people will have excellent viewing conditions. Especially those across the eastern United States, while the clouds will obscure the shower for some areas in the western and central U.S.

The meteor shower known as the Orionids is an annual meteor shower. It is caused by debris left behind by Haley’s Comet burning up in the atmosphere of the Earth.

This year is particularly a good year for viewing the Orionid meteor shower.

The peak of the shower falls just a few days before the new moon. However, light pollution from cities and towns can also wash out some of the dimmer meteors. This may reduce the number of meteors that people can see from these areas.

Eastern U.S. will have the best weather for viewing the meteor shower. A large dome of high pressure promotes clear skies across the region. Last year, the clouds obscured the shower for many in the eastern U.S., but this year, it will likely provide a better window for viewing the meteors.

However, in some areas, a late-night fog may develop. This can have an effect on those who are trying to view the Orionids before the dawn.

The smoke from wildfires can also lead to poor viewing conditions in some parts of California.

Those people who are willing to see the Orionid meteor shower should be very patient. It may take some time to spot some shooting stars.

The best will be to allow your eyes to adjust to the darkness for about 45 minutes, in order to achieve prime night vision.

There will also be a lot more opportunities for people to view a meteor shower by the end of this year, including the Geminids in December, which will actually be one of the best meteor showers of the entire year.

visit this link https://www.selfdevelopsh .. zNAbI.facebook
+10   

best
worst
65 comments

4 weeks ago '13        #2
PCDubya 
space
space
space
Props total: 3134 3 K  Slaps total: 447 447
Couldve sworn I seen Halleys back in the mid 90s. I thought that thing came every 70-80 years?
+18   

4 weeks ago '17        #3
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 33962 33 K  Slaps total: 3546 3 K
 PCDubya said
Couldve sworn I seen Halleys back in the mid 90s. I thought that thing came every 70-80 years?
Leftovers from the last visit

sh*t move slow in space
+7   

4 weeks ago '16        #4
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 15444 15 K  Slaps total: 32659 32 K
 SeraphKin said
@
Alright... so, post your rock collection tomorrow!

(Or anybody else's!)

4 weeks ago '16        #5
space
space
space
@

fyi -

What I'm telling you, is that we don't live in a "globe" Earth; surrounded in all directions, by an infinite vacuum.

Are there meteors? I don't know, it's possible.

But that doesn't equate, to an "outer-space vacuum."

The Book of Enoch goes into all sorts of details about the Firmament, and apparently there are "windows." (And again, fire and sulphur rained from the Heavens, onto Sodom and Gomorrah.)

I don't even see how the argument you're trying to advance, advances the case of an "outer-space vacuum."

4 weeks ago '16        #6
space
space
space
 SeraphKin said
All I'm saying meteors are out there and I want to know if they dontbcome from debris in space, where are they from. You denied the existence of meteors in space with no origin for them.
This is why my very first response to you, which you claimed didn't make sense, fully acknowledged the existence of "heavenly bodies."

If there are "heavenly bodies," I suppose that also allows for "heavenly debris."

A cosmological model necessitating the existence of an endless vacuum of "outer space," doesn't follow; in my view.

4 weeks ago '13        #7
PCDubya 
space
space
space
Props total: 3134 3 K  Slaps total: 447 447
 lucifershammer said

sh*t move slow in space
It took 20+ years for the leftovers, but the comet comes back every 70 years....

Not knocking you. But that sh*t dont even sound real.
+2   

4 weeks ago '09        #8
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 142979 142 K  Slaps total: 18027 18 K
 SeraphKin said
@

the bozo claimed space and meteors dont exist

next thread hell probably claim the sky and stars dont exist
+5   

4 weeks ago '16        #9
space
space
space
 messy marv stan said

the bozo claimed space and meteors dont exist

next thread hell probably claim the sky and stars dont exist
I always claimed that a vacuum of space is impossible.

Space would need a medium for energy to travel through, between bodies. So it's impossible for a "solar system" to function within a vacuum.

Now lately, "scientists" are trying to fix this conflict by claiming that space is not a "true vacuum."

Well, it's either a vacuum or it's not a vacuum. If it's not a vacuum, why had we always been taught that it was?

But it's all just fake.

I know you won't understand any of this, but I had a minute.

4 weeks ago '16        #10
space
space
space
If there is a medium between bodies, then there is actually no "space."

It's just so stupid. That model is impossible.

4 weeks ago '09        #11
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 142979 142 K  Slaps total: 18027 18 K
 SeraphKin said
All I'm saying meteors are out there and I want to know if they dontbcome from debris in space, where are they from. You denied the existence of meteors in space with no origin for them.

im not sure why the lunatic is rambling about the bible. he could just simply say "i dont know the answer" instead of inventing fairy tales
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
Props total: 3907 3 K  Slaps total: 408 408
 PCDubya said
#Mandelaeffect
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #13
GDmoney 
space
space
space
Props total: 195 195  Slaps total: 35 35
 PCDubya said
I did tooo . Did I 🤔

4 weeks ago '08        #14
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34009 34 K  Slaps total: 2291 2 K
 144000 said
I always claimed that a vacuum of space is impossible.

Space would need a medium for energy to travel through, between bodies. So it's impossible for a "solar system" to function within a vacuum.

Now lately, "scientists" are trying to fix this conflict by claiming that space is not a "true vacuum."

Well, it's either a vacuum or it's not a vacuum. If it's not a vacuum, why had we always been taught that it was?

But it's all just fake.

I know you won't understand any of this, but I had a minute.
In physics, aether theories (also known as ether theories) propose the existence of a medium, a space-filling substance or field, thought to be necessary as a transmission medium for the propagation of electromagnetic or gravitational forces. Since the development of special relativity, theories using a substantial aether fell out of use in modern physics, and are now joined by more abstract models.

Just because we can't identify it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your stance makes the a*sumption that all knowledge regarding the subject is known and that what you believe must be correct based on evidence (or in this case lack thereof).

Not coming at you, just saying. I've noticed you around here for years tossing out the flat earth stuff, and every time flat earth is proven to be completely ridiculous, all the flat earthers say stuff like "you wouldn't understand, it's just what i choose to believe, prove to me that space is real, etc.".

I honestly gave up, because the premise of the argument is honestly beneath me. Beneath you too for that matter. You're too smart to do the kind of trolling you do on here fam.
+5   

4 weeks ago '16        #15
space
space
space
 tdnupe3 said
In physics, aether theories (also known as ether theories) propose the existence of a medium, a space-filling substance or field, thought to be necessary as a transmission medium for the propagation of electromagnetic or gravitational forces. Since the development of special relativity, theories using a substantial aether fell out of use in modern physics, and are now joined by more abstract models.

Just because we can't identify it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your stance makes the a*sumption that all knowledge regarding the subject is known and that what you believe must be correct based on evidence (or in this case lack thereof).

Not coming at you, just saying. I've noticed you around here for years tossing out the flat earth stuff, and every time flat earth is proven to be completely ridiculous, all the flat earthers say stuff like "you wouldn't understand, it's just what i choose to believe, prove to me that space is real, etc.".

I honestly gave up, because the premise of the argument is honestly beneath me. Beneath you too for that matter. You're too smart to do the kind of trolling you do on here fam.
I've read all sorts of writings about the "aether," as Aristotle put it.

Still, that negates the idea of "space." But the idea has mostly been abandoned "scientifically," last I checked.

4 weeks ago '17        #16
lucifershammer 
space
space
 PCDubya said
It took 20+ years for the leftovers, but the comet comes back every 70 years....

Not knocking you. But that sh*t dont even sound real.
A comet tail is millions of miles long

That's a lot of junk being left behind

4 weeks ago '12        #17
OG Leno317 
space
space
Props total: 2972 2 K  Slaps total: 602 602
Can we see them with our bare eye? If so what time est time?

4 weeks ago '14        #18
4evaabso 
space
space
Props total: 28379 28 K  Slaps total: 11385 11 K
 lucifershammer said

sh*t move slow in space
Not really
Space is so vast that even with speeds upwards of 20k mph, the vastness makes the time irrelevant

4 weeks ago '17        #19
lucifershammer 
space
space
 4evaabso said
Not really
Space is so vast that even with speeds upwards of 20k mph, the vastness makes the time irrelevant
We live on Earth
Where time is relevant

You're talking as if we're on the Enterprise
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #20
niruggg 
space
space
Props total: 29992 29 K  Slaps total: 3108 3 K
 SeraphKin said
I thought he was gon' say that comet is a man
+6   

4 weeks ago '18        #21
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 1593 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
Missed that sh*t back in '86 but had the Hot Wheels. Hopefully I'll be around in 2061 when that sh*t appears again.
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #22
Phenom354 
space
space
Props total: 13537 13 K  Slaps total: 1375 1 K
 lucifershammer said

sh*t move slow in space
Slow is most definitely not the word lol
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #23
space
space
space
@

You're using a philosophical abstraction that has fallen out of favor, to propose a "hard science" solution that you don't have.

We can imagine all sorts of things, to fill in the gaps where they're needed.

And "aether" does exist, but it's not scientifically recognized... so you aren't allowed to rely on it, to explain a hard science question. You're appealing to "philosophy" to get yourself out of a "scientific" dead end.

Last edited by 144000; 10-21-2019 at 07:47 PM..

4 weeks ago '06        #24
NeverTrump 
space
space
Props total: 18705 18 K  Slaps total: 2693 2 K
 144000 said
This is why my very first response to you, which you claimed didn't make sense, fully acknowledged the existence of "heavenly bodies."

If there are "heavenly bodies," I suppose that also allows for "heavenly debris."

A cosmological model necessitating the existence of an endless vacuum of "outer space," doesn't follow; in my view.
This stupid motherfu*ker has no issues believing in "heavenly bodies" and "heavenly debris" but a gotdamn globe earth and space being a thing is too much of a bizarre concept for him. You are absolutely one of the dumbest humans on this planet.
+6   

4 weeks ago '16        #25
Kansas City Mac 
space
space
Props total: 7074 7 K  Slaps total: 342 342
.....Dragons

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  37
Article inside Mannie Fresh Tells All: Stories Behind His Classic Records!!!
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+19online now  30
website will pay you $3k a month to smoke weed
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
2019 Black Friday deals?
92 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+51online now  15
Image(s) inside Nov 18 - Congress Will Vote This Week to Legalize Marijuana Nationwide..
213 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy